PDA

View Full Version : OT: New season of South Park

Baba Booey
03-14-2010, 01:42 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1btNcG6-5aA&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1btNcG6-5aA&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Looks hilarious. Randy at :18 hahahahaha.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-14-2010, 01:44 PM
Cannot. Wait.

The Joker
03-14-2010, 01:47 PM
The standard dropped considerably a couple of seasons ago.

I wish they'd move on and do something else, in all honesty.

Killericon
03-14-2010, 01:50 PM

They've changed, but I don't think they've gotten worse. Whale Whores was top-notch. I'm excited.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-14-2010, 01:52 PM

It's really up and down at this point, it seems like each episode is either a classic or just terrible.

Baba Booey
03-14-2010, 01:59 PM
It's really up and down at this point, it seems like each episode is either a classic or just terrible.

That's the way I've felt since season 12 started. 12 was pretty weak with a couple gems, and 13 was hit or miss as well, but you had stuff like Dead Celebrities and Whale Whores.

Seasons 4 (or so) through 11 are just pure ****ing gold.

Jerry Curl
03-14-2010, 04:30 PM
Cannot. Wait.

Cartman nails the ginger kid impersonation. Funny stuff.

Baba Booey
03-14-2010, 05:01 PM
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/8959/90052080.jpg

Ramathorn
03-14-2010, 05:39 PM
Can not wait!!!!!

Dagmar
03-17-2010, 04:03 PM
Tonight!

Woo!

http://myweb.stedwards.edu/jlehman/randy.jpg

crush17
03-17-2010, 04:22 PM

are you effing kidding me??
wow. try again.

slyinky
03-17-2010, 05:08 PM
Cartman nails the ginger kid impersonation. Funny stuff.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EY39fkmqKBM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EY39fkmqKBM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9I30ScaB4Ak&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9I30ScaB4Ak&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Tankgunner95
03-17-2010, 05:48 PM
pa pa pa pa pa poker face!! Cartman is the best!

briane
03-17-2010, 06:13 PM

Why is it, when I catch an episode, its always the terrible ones. keep hoping for a good one....

snowspot66
03-17-2010, 06:32 PM
I think they've maintained the quality pretty damned well and produced some of their very best episodes in the last three or four seasons.

sixtimeseight
03-17-2010, 06:41 PM
Why is it, when I catch an episode, its always the terrible ones. keep hoping for a good one....

You should probably stick to shows more your speed. I'm guessing you're more of a Family Guy type of guy?

slyinky
03-17-2010, 06:48 PM
You should probably stick to shows more your speed. I'm guessing you're more of a Family Guy type of guy?

Family guy? That reminds me of this one time in Amsterdam...

Dagmar
03-17-2010, 07:06 PM
I think they've maintained the quality pretty damned well and produced some of their very best episodes in the last three or four seasons.

The Coon.
Fishsticks.
Butter's Bottom Bitch.
Dead Celebrities.
Dances With Smurfs.

Brilliance from last year!

http://images1.cliqueclack.com/tv/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/the-coon-425x312.png

Dagmar
03-17-2010, 07:41 PM
South Park's Matt Stone Celebrates 200 Episodes

The co-creator of Comedy Central's satiric juggernaut talks to IGN about their milestone, Conan vs. Leno, Avatar, and Monty Python.

by Matt Fowler

US, March 2, 2010 - South Park's 14th Season is headed our way on March 17th, which means that *looks at watch* creators/writers/voice actors Matt Stone and Trey Parker should probably start thinking of some new things to write about. With an animation production schedule like none other in the history of TV, Stone and Parker literally write and produce episodes of South Park on a week by week basis, sometimes having even sent in the completed episode to Comedy Central just hours before it was set to air.

Five episodes into what's sure to be a face-meltingly awesome new season, South Park will reach its 200th episode. IGN TV had a chance to talk with Matt Stone, co-creator of our favorite satiric juggernaut, about this great new milestone, Park's spoof of Avatar and what kind of stories we can expect from this new season.

IGN TV: Did you ever think, way back when you guys made your infamous Spirit of Christmas animated short, that you'd ever be 200 episodes into a series based on those characters?

Matt Stone: Oh, man. No. Not in any way. In fact, it wasn't until we reached 100 episodes that it started to feel attainable. When we made it to 100 episodes I thought "you know what? I think we can keep this going to 200. I think it's doable."

IGN: Are you guys planning anything big for number 200?

Stone: No. I don't think so. It's just another episode, really. We did something for the 100th episode and that was big, but I don't think we're going to do anything now. Maybe just a little thing at the beginning of the show that says it's the 200th episode. It's a cool thing when you look back at the history of the show, but to the average person I don't think it really matters. I think it's a good opportunity to get people talking about the show again, but other than that it's not that important.

IGN: Do you guys take notes during your production breaks during the year, to get ideas on stories for episodes? Or do you sort of tune out?

Stone: Kind of both at the same time, if that makes any sense. We really don't try to think about South Park that much during our time off, unless there's something business-wise that we need to talk about. Like Trey (Parker) and I see each other, sit and watch football together, but we don't talk about South Park. We know that our brains need a rest from talking about Cartman and Butters and the whole deal and it's good to get away from it all. But then a lot of times when we come back, that first week back, we re-connect and say "Okay, what movies did you see? What's going on in the world?" And through that recounting we figure out what the episodes are going to be about. I think we try to stay up on – no more than anyone else I think – on culture and pop culture. So we don't totally check out. So it's kind of both.

IGN: There are times when you guys get really specific on your shows. Like, just last fall you targeted Chipotle and Harley-Davidson riders. Are those stories born out of little pet peeves that you guys really have?

Stone: Sort of. I think that in order to make the show work for so long that you have to talk about specific things. But not all the time though. But there are those episodes that, if you've got a pet peeve like we do, you're going to say, "Wow, those guys are in my brain. They're right on the money. I really hate those people too. " So we hope that when we're trying to say f*** this thing or f*** that thing that it gets across. And we also hope that when we're being broader or more absurdist that it gets across too. So, like Chipotle… I f***ing hate that place. But Trey loves it. And so does a lot of the crew. But they just thought that it was funny to make fun of them and it was absurdist enough to make people laugh. "Chipotlaway" was just such a funny word that we had to do it. And then something like the Harley riders too. I think they're just so inconsiderate and I'm over their whole scene of loud motorcycles. It's just ridiculous. And we all kind of felt that way and agreed on that one. So that was more pointed. Chipotle was more absurdist I think - although I really don't like Chipotle. But I certainly don't care that much. I don't go out of my way to bash them. I just don't go there.

IGN: When you've done controversial episodes in the past, did you know they'd be controversial?

Stone: You know, honestly, we generally don't know. We really never mean to offend anyone on purpose. There have been times when we thought something wasn't that big a deal and then people got really mad over it.

IGN: At this point, do you care about how the episodes are received anymore?

Stone: You know, now when we turn in an episode on Wednesday morning I just don't pay attention to what people think. And then the show goes on the air and I drink a bottle of wine and I go out with my friends and I just don't think about it. I just don't obsess over how it's going to be received anymore. You just kind of have to get to that "zen" point I think. So for that day - that Wednesday - I just try to live in a little bit of blissful ignorance about the whole thing. We don't know what people will think, but it is kind of stressful to know that it's going to be received somehow. And I think anyone who does a TV show knows that feeling.

IGN: You're going to be headed back to work with Trey soon. Are there any ideas that you want to bring in to this new season?

Stone: We generally try to go in with a few ideas. And they're just ideas and sketches, and not the whole show. We've got two and a half weeks before a show goes on the air and we're just going to go for it. We tend to work better that way. We have a few ideas sketched out.

IGN: I know that I speak for a lot of people when I say that we'd like to know what your guys take on the whole Tonight Show debacle would be.

Stone: You know what that's something we actually haven't talked about a whole lot. But we could. Sure. But we haven't discussed it because I think it's something that's happened since our retreat, so it's sort of happened in the middle of our break. But it also seems a bit more inside baseball to me, but maybe you're right. Maybe we should do something on that. I know a lot of comedy people are speaking out about it, but I'm just not that terribly interested because I just don't get or care about late night TV. Like The Tonight Show. I think they all kind of suck. I know they serve their purpose but I don't watch any of them. I have no dog in the fight. I have no emotional attachment to Conan. We've been on Conan, we've been on Leno, and they were both really nice to us, but I don't watch either of their shows. Conan seems a bit funnier to me than Leno, but again, it's within that sort of straight-jacketed late night network sensibility. I just don't have a lot of interest in that stuff. And it seems as though NBC handled it about as badly as they could. I know that Conan's been fighting for that coveted spot, and I know Leno likes to be on TV every day, but I just don't understand any of it. Why would you want to be on TV every day?

IGN: Is there anything else that you think you might do this season?

Stone: I think we're going to do something about Tiger Woods. It's not going to be a direct Tiger Woods reference, but it will be a metaphor for the whole Tiger Woods thing, because that's really interesting, I think. I think we're going to do something about medical marijuana because we live in LA and it's f***ing Ground Zero here. And we're also from Colorado where there's a ton of medicinal stores there too. I feel like there's a show in there. And we've got a sort of "banned books" thing that we're also talking about. So some things will be from the headlines and then some things won't be. We always try to do a split between the headlines and then doing shows that are just weird.

IGN: You guys don't re-visit topics all that much, but do you think that since Avatar has now become the biggest movie of all time you might do a follow up to your Avatar parody?

Stone: God, I don't know. Maybe. We kind of did it though and I think we feel like we did our Avatar joke. And that was that. What's funny to me is that we did that little "Dancing with Smurfs" thing in the middle of the show and we tried to basically figure out what the plot was and, man, it was actually a lot closer to the plot than I thought we were going to be. We had only watched the preview. And some of the stuff they did in Avatar was so dumb that I was like "I know it was going to be a dumb Pocahontas rip-off, but why did they do that?" There were certain things that didn't make any sense to me. But I didn't hate it. I did like it as far as some of the animation was concerned, but story-wise it was pretty dopey.

IGN: I saw that you did a South Park "Dead Parrot Sketch" parody for the BBC. Can I assume that Monty Python is one of your influences?

Stone: Oh, yeah. Python is the big one for me and Trey. It's actually how we bonded when we first met. We were kind of the Python dorks who were in college in a Film class. And everyone else wanted to be Scorsese and Kurosawa or whatever and we were talking about Python all the time and comedy. Did you watch that 6-part documentary on Python that was just on?

IGN: I sure did.

Stone: It was unbelievable. And that one episode, I think it was the third, where they're all talking about each other – with each one talking about the other members – I was like almost crying during that. To watch these comic geniuses talk about other comic geniuses was great. And some of the things they said were so smart – it just took me back. It was one of the more nostalgic experiences I've ever had in my whole life was watching that documentary. And realizing that when we first started doing South Park, we were asked who our influences were a lot they'd suggest f***in' Simpsons or Beavis and Butthead and we'd say "yeah yeah yeah those were good but we really love Python." And I just don't think that people and reporters back then really knew how to handle that answer. That part would always get cut out of their pieces. And then eventually we'd meet Mike Judge and he'd be like "oh my god, Monty Python" and he loved them too. And even though Python had been so influential to so many comedians, the press just didn't know how to talk about it.

Seeing that documentary just reminded me of the experience that I had with those guys and how it f***ing changed my life. That sounds really corny, but I watched it and realized that, man, I was part of an entire generation of kids who watched Python on PBS on my black and white TV in my basement and I was watching it for no other reason than I loved it and it was funny. And now I can look back and it and say "oh my god, that actually changed my life." For me really, because comedy became my career.

Requiem
03-17-2010, 07:47 PM
South Park was a huge influence on my adolescence. I remember going to a huge electronics/furniture store somewhere in Omaha and ended up finding a baseball sleeved South Park T and had my dad get it for me when I was 10. The Mexican Staring frog was the episode on TV that I had seen earlier that week of visit that prompted my true fandom.

My mom hated that I watched the show, and actually forbade me from it. Got to see Bigger, Longer and Uncut in 99' when I was 12 because my dad signed a slip allowing me to see R rated movies at the theater -- "Kick ass."

My early teen years were dedicated to creating South Park websites, and I actually ran the site "South Park Studio" with my buddy from back home until we closed it down somewhere around our senior year. If anyone was on mIRC back in the day, #sweeet was where it was at. When people were creating 3D south park characters and backgrounds on their computer, I thought it was the coolest thing in the world. Comedy Central had actually sent us an e-mail stating they'd be getting the domain for South Park Studios.com, and that there was pretty much nothing we could do about it. One of the main reasons we closed down our site.

Long story short, the show was a huge part of my life. When I got to college I kind of stopped watching it -- not that I didn't like it, but I really never found time to do it. I've seen quite a few of the episodes over the past few years, but really they are hit or miss with me. I used to have a lot of the old seasons on VHS, but then they came out to DVD and never did anything about it.

Always available on the 'nets though if you want 'em free.

Don't have cable where I'm at now so I won't get to see the new premier, probably is already done anyways. Might try and watch it online.

Dagmar
03-17-2010, 08:02 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/2h3pteq.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/15nalp4.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/2dm6tcm.jpg

bronco610
03-17-2010, 08:44 PM
I'm 51 soon to be 52 and by God I've seen the best. Martin and Lewis, Hope and Crosby, Robin williams, Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy, Monty Python. If you don't like South Park you just don't get comedy !!!! Carry on. :~ohyah!:

and Go Broncos !!!!!

Dagmar
03-18-2010, 08:48 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/33c6e5w.jpg

misturanderson
03-18-2010, 09:13 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/33c6e5w.jpg

It was so obvious that was coming, but to actually see it was still hilarious.

Peoples Champ
03-18-2010, 09:24 AM
the tiger woods one looks funny

http://tv.gawker.com/5496038/south-park-takes-on-tiger-woods-turns-elins-attack-into-a-video-game

Dagmar
03-31-2010, 10:10 PM
After last week's strange debacle (with some hilarity), tonight's is genius.

A MEDICINAL MARIJUANA SHOP IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS IN AN ALL-NEW "SOUTH PARK" ON WEDNESDAY, MARCH 31 AT 10:00 P.M. ON COMEDY CENTRAL

Cartman's favorite restaurant has been shut down and a store that sells medicinal marijuana moves in on an all-new episode of "South Park" titled "Medicinal Fried Chicken," premiering on Wednesday, March 31 at 10:00 p.m. on Comedy Central.

State Law in Colorado says it's legal to smoke pot if you have a physician's reference. Randy is the first-in-line to buy some but he's turned away because there's absolutely nothing wrong with him. Randy is desperate to get a medical excuse to smoke some weed but meanwhile, Cartman will do anything to get his beloved fried chicken restaurant back.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2lxug47.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/2unyoo0.jpg

MEDICINAL FRIED CHICKEN
http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/267111

Swedish Extrovert
03-31-2010, 10:47 PM
Oh my god.

Best... South Park... Ever!

Baba Booey
03-31-2010, 10:58 PM
Great three episodes to start the season.

Br0nc0Buster
03-31-2010, 11:32 PM
this episode was awesome
definitely one of the best

UberBroncoMan
04-01-2010, 12:23 AM
The **** Trey and Matt were thinking when they thought up the bouncy balls and scrotcoat. They were on their A game this week.

El Guapo
04-01-2010, 07:40 AM
I was rolling. Hilarious stuff.

gtown
04-01-2010, 08:33 AM
That was a top ten episode. My favorite part was Stan's dad singing Buffalo Solider to the dispensary. Comedic gold.

RonDaChamp24
04-01-2010, 08:41 AM
Great episode. My favorite of the season so far.

ludo21
04-01-2010, 10:51 AM
Any episode with Mr. Marsh is always good.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-01-2010, 10:52 AM
That was a top ten episode. My favorite part was Stan's dad singing Buffalo Solider to the dispensary. Comedic gold.

My eyes are up here, not down there

HorseHead
04-01-2010, 10:52 AM
Help...do they still replay Wednesday's episode on Saturday Nights?

Dagmar
04-01-2010, 11:03 AM
Help...do they still replay Wednesday's episode on Saturday Nights?

Normally tonight.

Baba Booey
04-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Facebook episode was hilarious.

Jerry Curl
04-09-2010, 12:27 AM
CLassic episode...10/10 easily. Chatroulette jokes had me rollin, along with most of the epidsode...

Dagmar
04-09-2010, 07:33 AM
The last 2 have been absolutely brilliant.

crush17
04-09-2010, 07:44 AM
Past two have been great. Randy Marsh is THE BEST character on that show, hands down.

Requiem
04-09-2010, 08:24 AM
Loved the Facebook Episode because it is so true. Chat Roulette is awesome too.

Dagmar
04-09-2010, 08:34 AM
"guy jerking off"
*click*
"guy jerking off"
*click*
"guy jerking off"
*click*
"guy jerking off"
*click*
"guy jerking off"
*click*
"guy jerking off"
*click*
"guy jerking off"
*click*

Baba Booey
04-14-2010, 07:35 PM
Haha so awesome

Swedish Extrovert
04-14-2010, 07:38 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EY39fkmqKBM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EY39fkmqKBM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9I30ScaB4Ak&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9I30ScaB4Ak&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BSonTGSzQdg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BSonTGSzQdg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Dagmar
04-14-2010, 09:07 PM
The Simpsons Congratulates South Park on 200th Episode, Airing Tonight

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlLA/original/480simps.jpg

"While on a school field trip, Stan accidentally INSULTS Tom Cruise and sets off a chain reaction. 200 previously ridiculed celebrities stand strong in a class action lawsuit against the town of South Park. This could be the thing that destroys South Park forever"

http://i40.tinypic.com/2i07p0i.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/15hxsah.jpg

Swedish Extrovert
04-14-2010, 11:48 PM
Lets see here... Steven Spielberg, Al Gore, Phil Collins, Carrot Top, IDK, IDK, Bono, Kanye West, John Travolta, Rosie O'Donnell, IDK, Hillary Clinton, Tom Cruis, IDK, Rob Reiner, IDK, Mel Gibson

Dagmar
04-15-2010, 07:07 AM
It's not carrot top, it's Rob Schneider as "the carrot". And I see David Blane.