PDA

View Full Version : Boxing Match

Tankgunner95
03-13-2010, 06:33 PM
Anyone got a link to the boxing match tonight?????? Yes Im cheap.

maher_tyler
03-13-2010, 06:39 PM
Anyone got a link to the boxing match tonight?????? Yes Im cheap.

Go to the Bar..i'm prolly gonna hit up Buffalo Wild Wings!

SouthStndJunkie
03-13-2010, 06:56 PM
I'm not paying to watch Manny Pacquiao and Joshua Clottey fight tonight....I'm still furious that Pacquiao and Mayweather broke their fight off.

Slade
03-13-2010, 07:01 PM
http://atdhe.net has it. Not sure on the quality of the feed though.

oubronco
03-13-2010, 07:03 PM
I'm not paying to watch Manny Pacquiao and Joshua Clottey fight tonight....I'm still furious that Pacquiao and Mayweather broke their fight off.

Mayweather wanted no part of Pacquiao and I don't blame him dude is one bad mother

SouthStndJunkie
03-13-2010, 07:07 PM
Mayweather wanted no part of Pacquiao and I don't blame him dude is one bad mother

I really wanted to see Pacquiao beat him down.

gunns
03-13-2010, 07:09 PM

Me too.

oubronco
03-13-2010, 07:27 PM

Boy I did too but he might have his hands full with Sugar Shane as Mosely had one of his best fights in years in his last one

Tankgunner95
03-13-2010, 08:40 PM
http://atdhe.net has it. Not sure on the quality of the feed though.

Thanks!!! The feed is OK, not the best but sure as hell not the worst I have seen!! Thanks again.

SouthStndJunkie
03-13-2010, 09:45 PM
Time to fight.

SouthStndJunkie
03-13-2010, 09:51 PM
Pacquiao looks like he took Round 1.

SouthStndJunkie
03-13-2010, 09:54 PM
Pacquiao looks like he took Round 2 as well.

SouthStndJunkie
03-13-2010, 09:59 PM
Pacquiao looks like he took Round 3, but Clottey was more active.

SouthStndJunkie
03-13-2010, 10:03 PM
Pacquiao has been working the body a lot through the first four rounds.

Through 4 Rounds, I have it scored 40-36 Pacquiao.

SouthStndJunkie
03-13-2010, 10:07 PM
Pacquiao is winning the fight fairly easily, but I don't think he wants to fight anybody heavier than Clottey (150 pounds).

SouthStndJunkie
03-13-2010, 10:10 PM
Lost my feed towards the end of the 6th round.

SouthStndJunkie
03-13-2010, 10:11 PM
Feed is back for the 7th Round....not sure who took the 6th Round.

RonDaChamp24
03-13-2010, 10:12 PM
Mayweather will kill Mosley and he'll beat Pacman if they fight too... Mayweather may be the best fighter of all time. Just because you don't like his attitude doesn't mean he's not great. Pacquiao has lost before, Mayweather hasn't. People think Mayweather is scared, but I think he wants to make sure it's a fair fight. If Pacman wants to fight so bad, why won't he just agree to the olympic style drug testing? They're honestly both in the wrong and both being stubborn. I think the fight will eventually happen and when it happens I think you'll all be surprised if you honestly think Manny will beat Floyd.

SouthStndJunkie
03-13-2010, 10:12 PM
I would say Pacquiao is probably up 5 rounds to 1.

RonDaChamp24
03-13-2010, 10:14 PM
Clottey is making it easy for Manny... He's just standing there taking punches. Not moving much, not lively at all. Would be a TOTALLY different story w/ Mayweather. He's constantly moving.

SouthStndJunkie
03-13-2010, 10:19 PM
Pacquiao started to connect frequently in the 8th and looks to be wearing Clottey down.

RonDaChamp24
03-13-2010, 10:19 PM
This is literally a terrible fight... Clottey isn't even fighting back. He's just standing there with his gloves up and getting hit. He occasionally throws a jab back and then goes right back to blocking... Thank God I didn't pay for this embarrassment of a fight. I feel bad for the 50,000 there watching this live that paid hundreds of dollars to see 1 guy fight and 1 guy stand there and take a beating.

SouthStndJunkie
03-13-2010, 10:27 PM
Clottey finally started to throw a few bombs with about a minute left in the 10th and then instantly went back into his shell and into defense mode.

RonDaChamp24
03-13-2010, 10:27 PM
Clottey finally hit Pacquiao a couple times and instead of capatalizing on it and continuing to press, he just went immediately back to defense mode. His corner is telling him to take chances but he throws 3 or 4 punches occasionally and then goes back to defense... It's the 11th round, he might want to start fighting now.

SouthStndJunkie
03-13-2010, 10:31 PM
I think Pacquiao has won 10 out of 11 rounds.

RonDaChamp24
03-13-2010, 10:31 PM
Again Clottey hits a few big punches (mainly uppercuts) then goes back to defense and gets pounded. If he would stop being SO defensive and throw he might've had a chance to knock Pacquiao out. But it's quite clear that he's scared of Pac's power and of just getting hit in general. Quite sad actually.

SouthStndJunkie
03-13-2010, 10:35 PM
Pacquiao won the 12th Round as well.

Pretty uneventful fight.

I have it scored Pacquiao 119 and Clottey 109.

SouthStndJunkie
03-13-2010, 10:37 PM
The judges had it:

120-108

119-109

119-109

RonDaChamp24
03-13-2010, 10:37 PM
I'm not at all impressed by Pacman, I'm very unimpressed with Clottey. Final Scorecards:
Pacman: 120-108, Pacman 119-109, Pacman 119-109.

I think Mayweather would beat Manny like he owes him something. Clottey threw very few punches, but he landed when he did throw. Mayweather is the most accurate puncher of all time, and would probably have Pacman done by round 10.

misturanderson
03-14-2010, 12:26 AM
This is why boxing is going to lose out to UFC in the long run. 12 ****ing rounds? Seriously? What a waste of time and money.

The technical striking of boxing is totally outmatched by the grappling and jiu-jitsu of MMA along with strikers that are as good if not better than the vast majority of boxers.

*WARHORSE*
03-14-2010, 03:56 AM
Mayweather will kill Mosley and he'll beat Pacman if they fight too... Mayweather may be the best fighter of all time. Just because you don't like his attitude doesn't mean he's not great. Pacquiao has lost before, Mayweather hasn't. People think Mayweather is scared, but I think he wants to make sure it's a fair fight. If Pacman wants to fight so bad, why won't he just agree to the olympic style drug testing? They're honestly both in the wrong and both being stubborn. I think the fight will eventually happen and when it happens I think you'll all be surprised if you honestly think Manny will beat Floyd.

Doubt it.

Better than Sugar Ray Leondard? No.

Hagler? No.

Chavez? No.

Mayweather is too defensive to beat Pacman, and he doesnt have the power to beat him.

Manny vs Hatton vs Mayweather............?

I think Manny will win if they fight.

Mayweather dont really want a piece of Manny.

But Mayweather makes people wanna watch cause of his mouth.

Floyd is awesome.

But I gotta pick paquiwow.

Traveler
03-14-2010, 07:04 AM
Doubt it.

Better than Sugar Ray Leondard? No.

Hagler? No.

Chavez? No.

Mayweather is too defensive to beat Pacman, and he doesnt have the power to beat him.

Manny vs Hatton vs Mayweather............?

I think Manny will win if they fight.

Mayweather dont really want a piece of Manny.

But Mayweather makes people wanna watch cause of his mouth.

Floyd is awesome.

But I gotta pick paquiwow.

The statement above is why Mayweather is undefeated. Pacman did the right thing by not fighting Floyd right now. He had to give himself time to get to dope out of his system.

tsiguy96
03-14-2010, 07:14 AM
This is why boxing is going to lose out to UFC in the long run. 12 ****ing rounds? Seriously? What a waste of time and money.

The technical striking of boxing is totally outmatched by the grappling and jiu-jitsu of MMA along with strikers that are as good if not better than the vast majority of boxers.

you put a boxer on his feet in a true boxing match, fight is over in 2 rounds. its a different sport.

azbroncfan
03-14-2010, 09:50 AM
One of the worst fights I have ever watched. It really was sparring practice for Manny.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-14-2010, 10:12 AM
The statement above is why Mayweather is undefeated. Pacman did the right thing by not fighting Floyd right now. He had to give himself time to get to dope out of his system.

I still think it was Floyd's way off pussying out because it was known manny hated the random blood test. He offered to give one right AFTER the fight, just not the night before.

Tankgunner95
03-14-2010, 10:51 AM
This fight is the reason I will never buy any PPV Event. I wonder how many pissed off people there are out there that ordered that fight. I predict all of them!!!

SouthStndJunkie
03-14-2010, 11:06 AM
This fight is the reason I will never buy any PPV Event. I wonder how many pissed off people there are out there that ordered that fight. I predict all of them!!!

The only boxing match that I would order PPV for in the near future is Pacquiao and Mayweather.

My buds love to come over and watch UFC on PPV....which is fine as long as everyone chips in $5 or $10. At least on UFC PPV events there are a handful of intriguing matchups, so you are bound to see a few good fights.

OABB
03-14-2010, 11:10 AM

qfs.

spdirty
03-14-2010, 07:49 PM

not the crowd I watch Pacquiao fights with. Theyre all filipino and flip out whenever they even see Manny on TV. So they were extremely nervous before the fight, and extremely happy Manny won, cuz theyd rather see Manny win a dog**** fight than lose a great fight. To them it was cool seeing Manny throw 1200 punches. Me I was pissed at Clottey for bein such a bum last night. Would understand if he was tying to rope a dope Manny and fight him hard the last 3 rounds, but he was being a bitch the whole time. Pathetic.

And me personally Im not really a boxing fan Im a Manny Pacquiao fan. Loved watching him since he was a featherwight. So Floyd Gayweather can go to hell when he faces Manny.

OABB
03-14-2010, 08:06 PM

After reading this I have changed my stance on Abortion. I am all for it now.

SouthStndJunkie
03-17-2010, 06:57 PM
Just 603 tickets sold for concert

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=5004037

HONOLULU -- A promoter says poor ticket sales have forced the cancellation of Filipino boxer Manny Pacquiao's upcoming concert Sunday in Waikiki.

Ryan Chang of Island Fire Productions said Tuesday he stood to lose about $50,000 on the concert, even with late sales and walk-ups.

Only 603 tickets had been sold for the show at the Waikiki Shell just days after more than 45,000 people -- the largest crowd to see a fight in the U.S. in 17 years -- watched Pacquiao retain his welterweight title against Joshua Clottey in Texas.

Pacquiao was going to earn $100,000 at the "Manny Pacquiao Live In Hawaii Concert Celebration." He made at least $12 million for last Saturday's fight.

Drunk Monkey
03-17-2010, 07:11 PM
It's sad to watch boxing slowly die before our eyes. I have never been a huge fan but growing up (I am 31) I always knew what Tyson, Lewis or Holyfield were up to. Now MMA puts out a better product. No younger people really care about boxing. In 5 to 10 years the only interest it will get will be at the Olympics every 4 years like curling.

ZONA
03-17-2010, 09:08 PM
Watching small men box is like watching angry puppets hit each other.

No thanks - I prefer to watch good heavyweights, and that's about it.