PDA

View Full Version : The Real Mike Leach (Explicit Language)

Pony Boy
03-13-2010, 08:06 AM
The question is would you want your son playing for this guy.....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uZaOFTp5_C8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uZaOFTp5_C8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

LonghornBronco
03-13-2010, 08:20 AM
Douche with a capital D!

s0phr0syne
03-13-2010, 08:27 AM
HECK yes!

Oh boo boo boo, he said a few potty words :'(

Believe what you want to believe, but that's how most of those retards function within the rules of the English language. They understand that better than some eloquently delivered speech. It's all the more badass considering it was after they won.

Pony Boy
03-13-2010, 08:40 AM
HECK yes!

Oh boo boo boo, he said a few potty words :'(

Believe what you want to believe, but that's how most of those retards function within the rules of the English language. They understand that better than some eloquently delivered speech. It's all the more badass considering it was after they won.

I play golf with 2 retired college football coaches and you're right it's just a part of their vocabulary every other word on the golf course is the F-bomb. The funny thing is when the wives show up they can turn it off like a light switch when needed.

DenverBrit
03-13-2010, 09:00 AM
He's a football coach talking with his footbal team after a tough loss.

Did anyone expect "Gee," "Golly" and "aw shucks"? Ha!

Bigdawg26
03-13-2010, 09:01 AM
Hell ya! Why not?? He sounds like a really good coach, and pretty much all coaches sound like that in the locker room if not worst (he sounds pretty calm). I would love for my son to play for him instead of that prick from Kansas!

BigPlayShay
03-13-2010, 09:48 AM
This is tame compared to things I have heard from High School Coaches.

long beach bronco
03-13-2010, 09:57 AM
"You can get it done, you can it done, what's more........YOU GOTTA GET IT DONE!!!"

DenverBrit
03-13-2010, 10:00 AM
Douche with a capital D!

Can't get over losing to that "douche"? ;D

oubronco
03-13-2010, 10:02 AM
He's just trying to win a mother****ing game

UberBroncoMan
03-13-2010, 10:04 AM
I honestly see nothing wrong with this. This is college football. These are men, not kids.

I have a feeling Josh McDaniels has similar speeches.

Nice that Darcel McBath was mentioned.

Requiem
03-13-2010, 10:05 AM
Somebody get that mother****er a ****ing joint so he can calm the **** down, are you outta your ****ing mind, Michael Crabtree made that play!

Requiem
03-13-2010, 10:05 AM
Darcel McBath made that ****in' play!

Requiem
03-13-2010, 10:07 AM
LMFAO. "Well look at us, Red Raiders of Texas Tech, **** BAYLOR, WELL WHOOPTEE ****IN DO."

This guy is awesome.

UberBroncoMan
03-13-2010, 10:09 AM
LMFAO. "Well look at us, Red Raiders of Texas Tech, **** BAYLOR, WELL WHOOPTEE ****IN DO."

This guy is awesome.

Yeah, this dude is up my ally.

Do you're ****ing job and put forth the effort and this coach is probably your biggest ally on the team.

Requiem
03-13-2010, 10:12 AM
I had a baseball coach who was getting his Master's back when I was playing 15-16 year old ball who was the same way. Cussed every word, but if you gave it your all and were a team player he liked you. He tossed me up against the dugout once because I flopped a through on a routine ground ball when I was at second base and told me, "You will never play a ****ing inning again if you do that." Learned my lesson, but he got kicked out of the league. Haha.

long beach bronco
03-13-2010, 10:16 AM
"do your job!!!!! Do your job!!!!

SouthStndJunkie
03-13-2010, 10:23 AM
Looks par for the course to me.

Rule of Thumb: Football and basketball coaches are amongst the finest cursers on the planet.

WolfpackGuy
03-13-2010, 10:27 AM
Jeez, big deal.

If players can't handle that, then there are plenty in line to take their place who can.

Requiem
03-13-2010, 10:42 AM
Basketball for sure. One of our high school coaches used to cuss and hit himself in the head with his fist and make himself bleed during halftime. Just not very pleasant.

TotallyScrewed
03-13-2010, 11:04 AM
I kept waiting for him to slap somebody...

Didn't happen...*Yawn*

Get a clue. These guys are serious. College football is serious and a butt load of money goes with winning and winning big. Otherwise, get the **** out.

Pony Boy
03-13-2010, 11:37 AM
I've seen more of this speech, where really jumps on the god squad boys for praying and holding the book........ just as well it's not on here, it would push McSkillet over the edge....

Tombstone RJ
03-13-2010, 11:41 AM
The question is would you want your son playing for this guy.....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uZaOFTp5_C8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uZaOFTp5_C8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

He sounds drunk. He's going full blown alky here... dude has lost it...

Tombstone RJ
03-13-2010, 11:46 AM
I honestly see nothing wrong with this. This is college football. These are men, not kids.

I have a feeling Josh McDaniels has similar speeches.

Nice that Darcel McBath was mentioned.

I've been around the game enough to know this locker room diatribe is completely unproductive.

Trust me, he's wrong. I only watched about 1 minute of it and I had to shut it off. He's doing the exact opposite of team building. He's berating young kids for not being Crabtree. He's crediting individual players and not the team. He's absolutely sucker punching all his players with this crap.

It's not good at all. If my son was in that locker room, I'd have a word with this jackass. I'd get in his face and tell if he ever gets around my son again, I'd beat his ass into the ground.

s0phr0syne
03-13-2010, 12:07 PM
You're one tough dude.

Tombstone RJ
03-13-2010, 12:16 PM
You're one tough dude.

I wouldn't be afraid to confront Leach on his BS. And, I'd question his sobriety too. Even if he's not drunk, I don't think he's emotionally stable enough to coach an NCAA DI team in the Big 12.

bpc
03-13-2010, 01:14 PM
Here's the deal... coaching is a motivation job as well as a teaching job. You can only finesse kids to a point. Every once in awhile you have to get on their ass.

Case in point, Bill Parcells. He knows when to call you out, how to do it, and he knows when to love you up. Most great coaches know how to press your buttons, and when to do it.

Football is a rough sport. If you don't like that, don't enlist your kids to play it.

KipCorrington25
03-13-2010, 01:39 PM
You can tell from the responses here those that have worn a jock and those who only sniff them.

TDmvp
03-13-2010, 01:58 PM
Jeez some of your vaginas are showing ...

It's football not the school choir and if you can't handle some harsh words you most likely are not cut out for sport.

Try cooking or needle point .

I'm shocked no one has called him racist yet LOL ...

Killericon
03-13-2010, 02:12 PM
I'm under the assumption that all College/NFL locker rooms sound like this...

TexanBob
03-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Looks par for the course to me.

Rule of Thumb: Football and basketball coaches are amongst the finest cursers on the planet.

Reminds me of one of my favorite stories about Abe Lemons, the colorful college basketball coach. One day, his team was behind and he didn't seem to be getting any breaks from the refs so he went up to the head referee during a timeout.

Abe: "Would you 't' me up (give a technical foul) if I called you a son of a bitch?"

Ref: "Damn right I would."

Abe: "Well, what if I just thought it. Would you 't' me up for that?"

Ref: "Well, no, I can't penalize you just for thinking it."

Abe (YELLING SO EVERYONE AT COURTSIDE CAN HEAR HIM): "Good! Cause I think you're a son of a bitch!"

The ref walked away laughing and didn't give Abe a technical.

TDmvp
03-13-2010, 02:27 PM
I've been around the game enough to know this locker room diatribe is completely unproductive.

Trust me, he's wrong.

Stopped reading after trust me , he's wrong. Because I'm sure you are the authority on coaching and locker rooms .

And if you actually think that is not how most coaches sound you obviously haven't been around THE GAME or ANY GAME enough .

Hell I had junior high coaches go off like ... But I don't have a vagina so it didn't bother me...

Dedhed
03-13-2010, 02:35 PM
I wouldn't be afraid to confront Leach on his BS. And, I'd question his sobriety too. Even if he's not drunk, I don't think he's emotionally stable enough to coach an NCAA DI team in the Big 12.

Please stop with the whiny BS rhetoric. If you think that was rough on kids, you've never been exposed to Division I athletics ad have no idea what you're talking about.

Atwater His Ass
03-13-2010, 03:17 PM
This is normal for pretty much any competitive sport starting at the high school level.

Having played sports through college, some of the best blow outs were still from my high school basketball coach. The guy had a skill to chew your ass and motivate you at the same time to excel.

Kaylore
03-13-2010, 03:19 PM
I didn't really disagree with anything he said. He was just saying each player needs to do their part and not worry about what others have or have not done and to remember the task at hand. And he swore. He didn't say anything differently that any of my other coaches didn't say to me in so many words, though. I don't get why this makes him a "douche."

Pony Boy
03-13-2010, 03:52 PM
This is funny stuff Mike Leach on fat girls

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c6brYtuPX-Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c6brYtuPX-Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

extralife
03-13-2010, 04:10 PM
If anyone thinks this is a problem, you're an idiot. Especially since he didn't even call anyone out, and he placed equal blame on himself. What the hell do you want the guy to do? What a joke.

Jason in LA
03-13-2010, 04:15 PM
I've heard some things about him that I thought were across the line, but there was nothing bad about that video. Hell, he's barely even yelling. I remember my high school football coach, who I see all the time and am really cool with. Man that guy would be yelling as loud as he could every curse word in the book. That Mike Leach video was tame compared to what I heard pretty much every day. I'd say that once a kid is in high school, who cares about the language because all the kids are using bad words too.

Drunk Monkey
03-13-2010, 04:21 PM
No Biggie. Sounds like every coach I ever had after middle school. If we lost or under preformed to a bad team this was expected.

The MVPlaya
03-13-2010, 04:33 PM
lol this is you're ticket to the NFL, and you're going to be hurt over some coach getting mad over a loss? Before you talk about the pressures of the kids, you should actually think about the pressures of the coach.

SoCalBronco
03-13-2010, 05:10 PM
I don't care about his language. It's not important. It has no value. I'm only interested in his coaching ability...which is top notch.

Tombstone RJ
03-13-2010, 10:16 PM
Blah, there's alot of good **** talkers on this board, and I can talk football with the best of you BS artists. I spent 9 years of my life playing football at some level up into college and I never heard one coach ever talk down to players that way. I've heard some ass kicking great cuss locker room coach talk, but I've never been exposed to crap like that, and I was on some bad teams.

Tombstone RJ
03-13-2010, 10:19 PM
Uh, and I played on some great teams too...

extralife
03-13-2010, 11:03 PM
I had coaches once and they weren't Mike Leach so I refuse to allow Mike Leach to exist and I would puff out my chest if I had a kid affiliated with him because I am a better football coach than Mike Leach because I played high school ball

fixed

Los Broncos
03-13-2010, 11:21 PM
That's not Mike Leach, that's BroncoBuff.

Broncos_OTM
03-14-2010, 01:18 AM
I had a baseball coach who was getting his Master's back when I was playing 15-16 year old ball who was the same way. Cussed every word, but if you gave it your all and were a team player he liked you. He tossed me up against the dugout once because I flopped a through on a routine ground ball when I was at second base and told me, "You will never play a ****ing inning again if you do that." Learned my lesson, but he got kicked out of the league. Haha.

So was this before or after he took your virginity in his van?

Cleo McDowell
03-14-2010, 07:16 AM
This is football. nothing wrong with that.

I remember when I started playing peewee at 7. In my first game ever, my coach, all riled up and excited, got us in the huddle and told us softly but sternly, "Pardon my french... but lets knock their dirtly little dic*s in the dirt."

We would have killed for him that afternoon.

tsiguy96
03-14-2010, 08:08 AM

I remember when I started playing peewee at 7. In my first game ever, my coach, all riled up and excited, got us in the huddle and told us softly but sternly, "Pardon my french... but lets knock their dirtly little dic*s in the dirt."

dude, you were 7. i dont think you guys were that riled up or would have killed for him. 7 year olds dont even know what they are doing on the field.

DenverBrit
03-14-2010, 10:41 AM

Are you sure? zowie!

http://janeheller.mlblogs.com/childrenofdamned.jpg

Requiem
03-14-2010, 10:45 AM
So was this before or after he took your virginity in his van?

So you wanna know about my 7th Inning Stretch, huh? :egbgb:

SouthStndJunkie
03-14-2010, 10:50 AM
So you wanna know about my 7th Inning Stretch, huh? :egbgb:

I hope he at least bought you some Big League Chew afterward.

Dedhed
03-14-2010, 10:54 AM
Blah, there's alot of good **** talkers on this board, and I can talk football with the best of you BS artists. I spent 9 years of my life playing football at some level up into college and I never heard one coach ever talk down to players that way. I've heard some ass kicking great cuss locker room coach talk, but I've never been exposed to crap like that, and I was on some bad teams.

Oh, get over yourself. It's clear you've never played on a team where there are expectations, and careers at stake with every game.

John Doe coach at East Okie Fanokie State is a lifer coach because schools like that have one applicant every ten years. There are no expectations. There aren't Millions of dollars at stake, and for the most part no one knows the football program even exists.

Things are different with the big boys, and diaper wearing nimbies can pack up and leave if they can't take the criticism that comes with a failure to meet expectations. I'm guessing that would be you.

Pony Boy
03-14-2010, 11:06 AM
I guess the question to ask is, did Bud Wilkinson, Tom Landry, Ara Parseghian and coaches of that era talk filth like that back in those days? Now, I'm not talking a little cussing but does going down in the gutter make Mike Leach a better coach? I have played as much football as most on the mane but it was over 30 years ago, and trust me our coaches could motivate with he best of today’s coaches without going that route.....I've seen trash cans kicked, water coolers thrown and guys picked up by the collar but my coach never called us mother-f'ers....... and certainly no place for it in little league or junior high school sports, like some on here have posted.

Tombstone RJ
03-14-2010, 11:15 AM
Oh, get over yourself. It's clear you've never played on a team where there are expectations, and careers at stake with every game.

John Doe coach at East Okie Fanokie State is a lifer coach because schools like that have one applicant every ten years. There are no expectations. There aren't Millions of dollars at stake, and for the most part no one knows the football program even exists.

Things are different with the big boys, and diaper wearing nimbies can pack up and leave if they can't take the criticism that comes with a failure to meet expectations. I'm guessing that would be you.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Leach has been fired, right?

Drunk Monkey
03-14-2010, 11:28 AM

You are correct but it was for a BS reason. The Texas Tech case should go down as a perfect example of how not to handle a HR issue. The athletic director lost focus on the real reason Leach was employed by Tech. Good luck matching his wins.

gyldenlove
03-14-2010, 11:35 AM
If my kid hasn't heard all that a million times by the time he is ready for college I am going to disown the mother****er, that is how I talk after a game of pickup basketball or playing monopoly.

Dedhed
03-14-2010, 11:44 AM

Does that somehow change the fact that his sort of tirade goes on in locker rooms across the country every single game day?

No.

Tombstone RJ
03-14-2010, 11:46 AM
You are correct but it was for a BS reason. The Texas Tech case should go down as a perfect example of how not to handle a HR issue. The athletic director lost focus on the real reason Leach was employed by Tech. Good luck matching his wins.

If Leach is so great, then I'm sure he'll find another HC job somewhere... oh and Tommy Tubberville has already accepted the job as TT's football HC. I'm thinking it's an upgrade at coach...

Tombstone RJ
03-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Does that somehow change the fact that his sort of tirade goes on in locker rooms across the country every single game day?

No.

And you know this how? "This sort of tirade" leaves a lot of wiggle room. Like I said, I've been on the receiving end of some tirades in my time, coaches kicking and throwing things around... yah, I've seen it. But they were mad at themselves, not at the kids on the team. They were upset. But they'd walk out of the room, collect themselves and come back in and focus on the game.

Whatever, you believe what you want.

Dedhed
03-14-2010, 12:08 PM
And you know this how? "This sort of tirade" leaves a lot of wiggle room. Like I said, I've been on the receiving end of some tirades in my time, coaches kicking and throwing things around... yah, I've seen it. But they were mad at themselves, not at the kids on the team. They were upset. But they'd walk out of the room, collect themselves and come back in and focus on the game.

Whatever, you believe what you want.
I believe you have no idea what it's like in a big time D-I locker room or program. I do.

You, therefore, aren't dealing with reality. You're just soapboxing.

Cleo McDowell
03-14-2010, 12:19 PM
dude, you were 7. I dont think you guys were that riled up or would have killed for him. 7 year olds dont even know what they are doing on the field.

ha!

Tombstone RJ
03-14-2010, 12:28 PM
I believe you have no idea what it's like in a big time D-I locker room or program. I do.

You, therefore, aren't dealing with reality. You're just soapboxing.

The man has been fired. If he's a great coach then he'll get another opportunity. He did a lot for TT football but it also looked like his ego was bigger than the team. Who knows, maybe CU will hire him...

Dedhed
03-14-2010, 12:36 PM
The man has been fired. If he's a great coach then he'll get another opportunity. He did a lot for TT football but it also looked like his ego was bigger than the team. Who knows, maybe CU will hire him...

????????????

Tombstone RJ
03-14-2010, 02:13 PM
????????????

Again, if Leach is so great of a coach, then he'll get another job. If his past does not bother any other D1 teams, he'll be hired. My point is simple, his little locker room tirade did nothing to help his coaching career. However, you seem to be saying it's no big deal and that D1 football has a lot of his types around. If you are right, then Leach will get another shot. I don't agree with his coaching style and I'd never hire the guy to come in and run my program (hypothetically speaking) but maybe you would.

I don't understand what you don't understand.