PDA

View Full Version : Shanny signs LJ

backup qb
03-12-2010, 03:36 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/12/redskins-reach-agreement-with-larry-johnson/

3 year deal.

Dukes
03-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Decent signing for them

SouthStndJunkie
03-12-2010, 03:40 PM
Find a way to motivate LJ properly and he will produce.

He plays best when he is pissed off at the world.

Garcia Bronco
03-12-2010, 03:41 PM
Lmao.

bowtown
03-12-2010, 03:41 PM
Shanny might just be tan enough that LJ will be able to relate.

Popps
03-12-2010, 03:43 PM
http://2007.garone.net/anthony/images/gabriel_lulz.jpg

Dagmar
03-12-2010, 03:43 PM
shanny might just be tan enough that lj will be able to relate.

rofl!

Popps
03-12-2010, 03:44 PM
http://www.freshyounginsight.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/travis-henry1.gif

UberBroncoMan
03-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Now all Washington needs is Tomlinson and a way to turn back time six years. They'll have a monopoly on brief "historical" trio of AFC West RB's.

go_broncos
03-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Glad that he is not the coach of Denver Broncos

sixtimeseight
03-12-2010, 03:56 PM

That might have been true before the Chiefs ran him into the ground. He's done.

Dudeskey
03-12-2010, 04:02 PM
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/fail-imminent-stairs.jpg

Florida_Bronco
03-12-2010, 04:07 PM

He plays best when he is pissed off at the world.

Too late. The guy is broken down.

Rohirrim
03-12-2010, 04:13 PM
I see Mike hasn't learned anything. :rofl:

bronco militia
03-12-2010, 04:17 PM
nice move, RATFACE!!!!!!!!!!

;D

bpc
03-12-2010, 04:41 PM
If he keeps his mouth shut, great signing.

And if he doesn't? Well, he just gets cut. 0 chance to lose on this gamble.

Dedhed
03-12-2010, 04:45 PM
If he keeps his mouth shut, great signing.

And if he doesn't? Well, he just gets cut. 0 chance to lose on this gamble.

You're such a tool it's painful. You whine like a little girl about every quality signing McD has made, and you laud the signing of LJ!

Now that is prime quality douche material. Grade A, brother, grade A.

StugotsIII
03-12-2010, 04:46 PM
That's an odd signing for Shanny...

He is famous for taking a late round running back and making them a starter.

Perhaps he has learned from his mistakes.

Legally, he should be required to trade the Skins 1st rounder for Jarvis Moss.

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-12-2010, 04:52 PM
http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/buzzerbeater/luolz.jpg

ZONA
03-12-2010, 04:59 PM
Shanny might just be tan enough that LJ will be able to relate.

now that was funny Hilarious!

Bronx33
03-12-2010, 05:05 PM
I wonder if shanahan can bond with LJ? didn't LJ have a problem with white coaches not to long ago? or did money make that all go away?

bpc
03-12-2010, 05:06 PM
You're such a tool it's painful. You whine like a little girl about every quality signing McD has made, and you laud the signing of LJ!

Now that is prime quality douche material. Grade A, brother, grade A.

Who's whining right now? STFU.

OABB
03-12-2010, 05:09 PM
who's whining right now? Stfu.

Doggcow
03-12-2010, 05:10 PM

Rofl, if McD had signed LJ you would be talking about how big of a washed up ****head he was. Don't even act like you have no bias here.

bpc
03-12-2010, 05:20 PM
Rofl, if McD had signed LJ you would be talking about how big of a washed up ****head he was. Don't even act like you have no bias here.

LJ is like Brandon Marshall to me. He's a talented head case. The only difference is that LJ has played his way out of his big contract days and is now getting paid peanuts. BM still has his coming and we're being held hostage by him.

So do I LIKE the LJ signing? I probably wouldn't have if it was here in Denver, because I don't even really like Marshall's act. Since i'm not a Redskins fan, emotion is taken out of the equation. LJ could post HUGE numbers in Washington if he cleans up his act. It's a great value signing for them.

OABB
03-12-2010, 05:23 PM
LJ is like Brandon Marshall to me. He's a talented head case. The only difference is that LJ has played his way out of his big contract days and is now getting paid peanuts. BM still has his coming and we're being held hostage by him.

So do I LIKE the LJ signing? I probably wouldn't have if it was here in Denver, because I don't even really like Marshall's act. Since i'm not a Redskins fan, emotion is taken out of the equation. LJ could post HUGE numbers in Washington if he cleans up his act. It's a great value signing for them.

perhaps you should take emotion out of the equation before you make any statement. You see, when you use logic, your statement will have more impact. Arguing out of emotion is what children and women do.

broncswin
03-12-2010, 05:35 PM
I miss Shanny and the Superbowl days...I don't miss Shanny and these shaitty signings...LOL

uplink
03-12-2010, 05:47 PM
from a fly on the wall in Shannys office:

Shanny: So Kyle, what do you think about us picking up LJ
Kyle: Sure, he's cute. Wonder if he likes tattos?

strafen
03-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Hasn't LJ been done for a while now?
When was the last time he played football?

bpc
03-12-2010, 06:00 PM
perhaps you should take emotion out of the equation before you make any statement. You see, when you use logic, your statement will have more impact. Arguing out of emotion is what children and women do.

I'm very emotional about my Broncos. I don't apologize for that. I bleed orange and blue.

Rohirrim
03-12-2010, 06:12 PM
I'm so glad I don't get to see LJ suit up in the O&B.

StugotsIII
03-12-2010, 06:14 PM

This is a magic the gathering card.

You are a giant doucher.

Flex Gunmetal
03-12-2010, 06:32 PM
This is a magic the gathering card.

You are a giant doucher.

Noob clown is unaware.

Flex Gunmetal
03-12-2010, 06:32 PM

Oh snap.

OABB
03-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Really douchebag discharge. I just looked up the word deflection and thought it would be funny. Perhaps I should have written "deflection" underneath it so that you wouldn't have to fire any braincells at all.

and YOU knew it was a magic gathering card! lol douche gravy.

tsiguy96
03-12-2010, 06:41 PM
so shanahan has clinton portis, two broken down running backs not really capable of producing anymore...hes still a great GM eh?

Flex Gunmetal
03-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Really douchebag discharge. I just looked up the word deflection and thought it would be funny. Perhaps I should have written "deflection" underneath it so that you wouldn't have to fire any braincells at all.

It was obvious to anyone who's been here longer here than a month, or isn't a clownprince.

Dedhed
03-12-2010, 06:54 PM

I'm laughing, not whining.

StugotsIII
03-12-2010, 06:56 PM

The funny thing about your response:

The nerd that told me to make fun of you predicted that almost line for line what you were going to say, before you said it.

I'm just messing with you bro...;D

Dedhed
03-12-2010, 06:57 PM
I miss Shanny and the Superbowl days...I don't miss Shanny and these shaitty signings...LOL

I think what you mean to say is that you miss Elway, which we all do.

baja
03-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Wonder what Shanny would give up for Hillis?

gunns
03-12-2010, 07:08 PM

LJ had only two seasons out of his career that he posted huge numbers and that was when he had an offensive line to run behind. Washington does not have an offensive line to run behind.

Arguing out of emotion is what children and women do.

From guys who are name calling in an attempt to make their point, I find that statement shortsighted. Of course I do have to say, we often hate in others what we fail to see in ourselves.

Dedhed
03-12-2010, 07:15 PM
I'm very emotional

We get that.

Bob's your Information Minister
03-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Three more years!

OABB
03-12-2010, 07:45 PM
It was obvious to anyone who's been here longer here than a month, or isn't a clownprince.

Why the hard on with me?

OABB
03-12-2010, 07:46 PM
LJ had only two seasons out of his career that he posted huge numbers and that was when he had an offensive line to run behind. Washington does not have an offensive line to run behind.

From guys who are name calling in an attempt to make their point, I find that statement shortsighted. Of course I do have to say, we often hate in others what we fail to see in ourselves.

Name calling is very manly.

Chief Macho
03-12-2010, 07:48 PM
I tend to believe that if Bobby Turner thinks a guy can still play than he can play. I would doubt its a starters roll but LJ looked decent last year when he got carries with the Bengals.

bpc
03-12-2010, 08:12 PM
I tend to believe that if Bobby Turner thinks a guy can still play than he can play. I would doubt its a starters roll but LJ looked decent last year when he got carries with the Bengals.

Don't rain on these guys parade. They know for a fact that Mike's running game is going to suck and will disappoint. ha ha.

Requiem
03-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Yeah guys, HA HA!

Rabb
03-12-2010, 08:20 PM
So is it the cool thing to bash our former coach now? I'm not even a Shanny fanboy but I've got respect for him, he did a lot for this organization. I'm not rooting for him but come on now.

Who gives a **** what he does, same with the frown cannon.

DBroncos4life
03-12-2010, 08:26 PM
So is it the cool thing to bash our former coach now? I'm not even a Shanny fanboy but I've got respect for him, he did a lot for this organization. I'm not rooting for him but come on now.

Who gives a **** what he does, same with the frown cannon.

Someone made a great point about maybe it wouldn't be so hard for our franchise to get people into the hall of fame if we didn't become such douche bags to former Broncos. Why should the media treat our former greats any different then us?

Rabb
03-12-2010, 08:59 PM
Someone made a great point about maybe it wouldn't be so hard for our franchise to get people into the hall of fame if we didn't become such douche bags to former Broncos. Why should the media treat our former greats any different then us?

my good friend is an absolute maniac die hard Ravens fan, and all season he sang Rex Ryan's praises to me and it was clear how proud he was to have had him on his team

other than Kubiak, I honestly can't think of another former Bronco that doesn't get torched

baja
03-12-2010, 08:59 PM

Maurice Clarett

http://thewallofbadass.com/pics/clarett.jpg

tsiguy96
03-12-2010, 09:01 PM
seriously, you see signings like this and it makes you very happy hes no longer in control of the broncos. i like shanahan, no ill will at all, just glad hes not here.

broncswin
03-12-2010, 09:14 PM
I think what you mean to say is that you miss Elway, which we all do.

Sure we all miss ELWAY...but when I said I didn't miss the Shanny that signed pure garabage, that is what I meant:pimp:

broncswin
03-12-2010, 09:18 PM
Maurice Clarett

beer all over my computer screen you a-hole:rofl:

DBroncos4life
03-12-2010, 09:23 PM
my good friend is an absolute maniac die hard Ravens fan, and all season he sang Rex Ryan's praises to me and it was clear how proud he was to have had him on his team

other than Kubiak, I honestly can't think of another former Bronco that doesn't get torched

It's a funny thing. We sign Jordan who was finished way before last year but because he knew the system and could stand on the side line and collect a check better then any other RB not capable of picking up more then five yards during a season it was a good move. I don't think either player is worth a roster spot but I think LJ could atleast rush for 15 yards next year. Odds are LJ won't be a starter for them and I wouldn't give him much of a chance to make the roster in the first place.

BroncoFiend
03-12-2010, 09:32 PM
He'll put up 2K yards in their system...

Had to be said

Dedhed
03-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Sure we all miss ELWAY...but when I said I didn't miss the Shanny that signed pure garabage, that is what I meant:pimp:

I know. It was post SBs where Shanny became as much a GM as he was a coach.

He was a great coach, and a terrible GM.

broncswin
03-12-2010, 09:50 PM
i know. It was post sbs where shanny became as much a gm as he was a coach.

He was a great coach, and a terrible gm.

agree

Chief Macho
03-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Either way, LJ isn't any slower than Moreno. Which is pretty sad.

uplink
03-12-2010, 10:06 PM
If LJ played the broncos every week during the Shanny era he'd be on track for the HOF, I guess thats why Shanny signed him.

Chief Macho
03-12-2010, 10:08 PM
I just depressed that a coach that won two super bowls gets ragged on and joshy gets nuthugged for turning 8-8 into 8-8. and anybody denying bobby turner ain't a beast is just a ****.

Mr.Meanie
03-12-2010, 10:09 PM

This made me actually laugh out loud. Well played, my friend.

Dedhed
03-12-2010, 10:16 PM
I just depressed that a coach that won two super bowls gets ragged on and joshy gets nuthugged for turning 8-8 into 8-8. and anybody denying bobby turner ain't a beast is just a ****.
I get annoyed when the current coach of the Broncos gets ragged on for making changes to a team that has been a perennial disappointment for the last decade. What's your point?

Florida_Bronco
03-12-2010, 10:26 PM

Mike gets ragged on because of the monumental **** ups he had here during his later years. Things like wasting tons of money on worthless free agents, rampant nepotism (Bob Slowik, anyone?), no accountability, coddling his offensive "superstars", neglecting the defense and thinking that the trash we had on the D-line in 2007 and 2008 was even close to acceptable.

The guy is a great coach, and that alone kept us relatively competitive year after year, but he's a horrible GM and eliminated the checks and balances within the organization. After a decade of being mediocre, Pat Bowlen decided enough was enough.

Say what you want about Josh, but he's building a football TEAM here, not just an offense. Unfortunately that's something Shanny forgot how to do while he was here.

And for the record, despite what Jackoffs like BPC would like you to believe, just because you're not joining him in dropping to your knees to take a big mouthful of Shanny's junk doesn't mean you hate him or don't appreciate what he did here in his early years.

gunns
03-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Name calling is very manly.

:thumbsup: Good one!

baja
03-12-2010, 10:44 PM
:thumbsup: Good one!

You girls are getting out of line, time to get you bare foot and pregnant again and I just the man for the job...

baja
03-12-2010, 10:44 PM
I worked in shoes for a while...

strafen
03-12-2010, 10:55 PM
Name calling is very manly.Coming from you, you must feel pretty tough hiding behind a computer, huh?

you are a ****ing incredible retard. I mean a drooling, glass licking, scared of loud noises, nurr spewing retard. seriously.

strafen
03-12-2010, 10:56 PM
I get annoyed when the current coach of the Broncos gets ragged on for making changes to a team that has been a perennial disappointment for the last decade. What's your point?Has he accomplished anything yet?
8-8?

mhgaffney
03-13-2010, 04:57 AM

Don't you think you are being a tad hyperbolic?

broncswin
03-13-2010, 06:44 AM
Mike gets ragged on because of the monumental **** ups he had here during his later years. Things like wasting tons of money on worthless free agents, rampant nepotism (Bob Slowik, anyone?), no accountability, coddling his offensive "superstars", neglecting the defense and thinking that the trash we had on the D-line in 2007 and 2008 was even close to acceptable.

The guy is a great coach, and that alone kept us relatively competitive year after year, but he's a horrible GM and eliminated the checks and balances within the organization. After a decade of being mediocre, Pat Bowlen decided enough was enough.

Say what you want about Josh, but he's building a football TEAM here, not just an offense. Unfortunately that's something Shanny forgot how to do while he was here.

And for the record, despite what Jackoffs like BPC would like you to believe, just because you're not joining him in dropping to your knees to take a big mouthful of Shanny's junk doesn't mean you hate him or don't appreciate what he did here in his early years.

End Thread:thumbsup:

Cito Pelon
03-13-2010, 08:02 AM

So Moreno is slow like LJ, but Turner loved Moreno, but you don't like Moreno, but you like LJ because Turner is a beast? ;D

rastaman
03-13-2010, 08:10 AM
Too late. The guy is broken down.

Ah yes they all break down eventually......thats why you gotta make the money while you're producing at a high level and take care of your body and not play recklesly to live to fight another day.

Hopefully players like Bmarsh realizes this fact. You play recklessly your body eventually breaks down and it becomes another excuse why teams won't pay you b/c in 6-10 years your career is DONE and yet you never realized that big pay day.....BUT BOY YOU SURE GAVE THE FANS SOMETHING TO CHEER ABOUT!:approve:

Broncoman13
03-13-2010, 08:11 AM
I think the LJ signing was very good for the Skins. Shanny can ask Portis to trim down to 210 or so to keep his legs fresh for a full season and then use him more as the 3rd down, protection and passing back. LJ can be the 200-250 carry back and short yardage guy. It could work, I'm curious to see how proficient they are in the ZBS in year one.

rastaman
03-13-2010, 08:18 AM

Well it looks like you just dropped to your knees and are enjoying McD Nuts yourself. Shanny was judged on his record and Joshy will be judged on his record. Right now Ole' has left an impression of going 2-8 over the last 10 games last season and threw a lot of players under the bus in the process. So I would challenge you that Joshy is going in the RIGHT direction. But he each new season gives you a chance to prove you know or don't know what you're doing.

rastaman
03-13-2010, 08:23 AM
Maurice Clarett

Sure Clarett was a reach! However, the draft is always a RISK. Had Maurice panned out, everyone would have been saying that Shanny was a master mind. Shanny gave the guy a chance of a life time and Clarett screwed up. Not a bad risk at round 3.

Dedhed
03-13-2010, 09:07 AM
Well it looks like you just dropped to your knees and are enjoying McD Nuts yourself. Shanny was judged on his record and Joshy will be judged on his record. Right now Ole' has left an impression of going 2-8 over the last 10 games last season and threw a lot of players under the bus in the process. So I would challenge you that Joshy is going in the RIGHT direction. But he each new season gives you a chance to prove you know or don't know what you're doing.

If you're just going to take bits and pieces of records, let's look at 0-3 with a three game division lead.

As it actually went. McDaniels equaled Shanahan's record with players learning a new system and/or ill suited to the system against a much more difficult schedule than 2008. That's better coaching.

DenverBrit
03-13-2010, 09:17 AM
anybody denying bobby turner ain't a beast is just a ****.

Ok, he "aint a beast." ;)

TonyR
03-13-2010, 09:26 AM
...just because you're not joining him in dropping to your knees to take a big mouthful of Shanny's junk doesn't mean you hate him or don't appreciate what he did here in his early years.

Agree. I loved Shanahan and greatly appreciate what he did here. But I have a feeling it's going to end badly for him in D.C. He and Holmgren in Cleveland both appear to be on the path towards decisive failure.

Flex Gunmetal
03-13-2010, 11:10 AM
Why the hard on with me?

No hard on suzy, I just happen to agree with you what you're saying to the noob who thought he had a point.

tsiguy96
03-13-2010, 11:15 AM
If you're just going to take bits and pieces of records, let's look at 0-3 with a three game division lead.

As it actually went. McDaniels equaled Shanahan's record with players learning a new system and/or ill suited to the system against a much more difficult schedule than 2008. That's better coaching.

look at points scored vs points allowed, as well as average points won and lost by in the games. its not even close. in 08 we got dominated, in 09 it was atleast competitive.

DarkHorse30
03-13-2010, 11:26 AM
Agree. I loved Shanahan and greatly appreciate what he did here. But I have a feeling it's going to end badly for him in D.C. He and Holmgren in Cleveland both appear to be on the path towards decisive failure.

I would agree. Mostly because of the players they bring in; Seneca Wallace? If he can't make Hasselback look ordinary, he isn't very good. And this LJ signing is only going to piss off Portis...who has to be the top dog or he starts whining and (IMO) faking injuries.

Shanahan thinks he's the smartest guy in the room, when it comes to picking players.....and I don't think he will ever go back to just being a coach. Too bad.

Holmgren got lucky with Favre and that Packer Defense. I don't think he's even a good coach.

CEH
03-13-2010, 11:30 AM
look at points scored vs points allowed, as well as average points won and lost by in the games. its not even close. in 08 we got dominated, in 09 it was atleast competitive.

We don't know how much of that left Denver with Nolan. By the looks of what Josh is throwing out on defense this offseason, to me Nolan did alot with little.

Remains to be seen how much influence Wink or Josh will have compared to what Nolan brought game in and game out

worm
03-13-2010, 11:30 AM
I will give Shanny and Turner the benefit of the doubt on RBs. One Maurice doesn't erase all the production they have gotten from the position.

Portis and Johnson can be an effective tandem. Different skill sets that can push each other. They just need to stay healthy. Just like our new\old D-line.

Florida_Bronco
03-13-2010, 12:08 PM
No hard on suzy, I just happen to agree with you what you're saying to the noob who thought he had a point.

I think he'll have some initial success at first, especially since he's walking into a team that already has a very good defensive line, I just have huge doubts about whether he'll actually maintain it, and the day Bob Slowik becomes his DC (we know it'll happen sooner or later) then he's done for.

TonyR
03-13-2010, 12:11 PM
I will give Shanny and Turner the benefit of the doubt...

The problem is that Washington's O-line isn't very good and they have two RB's on the downside of their careers. Not a very good formula for rushing success, particularly when coupled with a QB who hasn't had much success.

Play2win
03-13-2010, 12:20 PM

I certainly hope not. I would like to see Shanny succeed as much as possible, just as long he doesn't get in our way.

TonyR
03-13-2010, 12:34 PM
Does Larry Johnson have anything left?

By Matt Mosley
ESPN.com

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan is gambling that former Chiefs running back Larry Johnson will be so thankful to have a job that he won't be a distraction in the locker room. I'm not so sure that Johnson's ability warrants taking that type of risk.

In 2005 and 2006, Johnson was one of the two or three best backs in the league. He had back-to-back 1,700-yard seasons, but in '06, he had a staggering 416 carries. He's basically never recovered from taking all that punishment. So I wouldn't look at him like a typical 30-year-old running back. In fact, I think players in his age bracket such as LaDainian Tomlinson, Willie Parker, Brian Westbrook and Thomas Jones all have more tread left than Johnson.

He's a power back who's not a great change-of-pace back for the Redskins, unless they actually want someone slower than Clinton Portis. Here's what Johnson told ESPN 980 Thursday evening:

"There hasn't been a real good running back tandem in the league [for a while]," said Johnson. "There's always been one guy or three guys. It'd be just like how me and Priest Holmes was way back in the day. It'd be nice to be able to play aside somebody like that."

Hmm...I don't quite see Portis-Johnson rivaling Holmes-Johnson. And it's funny to hear Johnson recall that pairing with such fondness. Johnson and Holmes did not have a good relationship in Kansas City. In fact, Johnson once told a few of us on a conference call before a Cowboys-Chiefs game that Holmes had not been a mentor to him at all.

Johnson was brilliant for two seasons in the league. But the last time he truly helped a team was 2006. I don't see Johnson being happy about playing second-fiddle to Portis, but that's what he'll be asked to do. This will go down as the first highly questionable signing by the Redskins.

Just because they apparently got Johnson on the cheap doesn't make it a good decision.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/11990/does-larry-johnson-have-anything-left

baja
03-13-2010, 01:12 PM
Sure Clarett was a reach! However, the draft is always a RISK. Had Maurice panned out, everyone would have been saying that Shanny was a master mind. Shanny gave the guy a chance of a life time and Clarett screwed up. Not a bad risk at round 3.

Three was too high. He would have been a good risk at 4 or 5 though.

BTW I think you did hit on the reason Shanny was always reaching both in free agency and the draft, he was always trying to demonstrate his mastermind abilities.

He believed his own press, a big mistake as it turned out.

baja
03-13-2010, 01:22 PM
I will give Shanny and Turner the benefit of the doubt on RBs. One Maurice doesn't erase all the production they have gotten from the position.

Portis and Johnson can be an effective tandem. Different skill sets that can push each other. They just need to stay healthy. Just like our new\old D-line.

There was Tatum Bell as well.

Hey I'm a poet and don't know it....

The thing about Shanny and running backs was the ZBS, when it was working you or me would pinch off 2 K in that system. ;D

worm
03-13-2010, 01:23 PM
The problem is that Washington's O-line isn't very good and they have two RB's on the downside of their careers. Not a very good formula for rushing success, particularly when coupled with a QB who hasn't had much success.

Certainly a big task from them. Lots of question marks but IMO the best people in the biz to fix a rushing attack. I think it will be interesting to watch develop.

These are the same people that turned Olandis Gary into a 1000 yard rusher. Olandis Gary! I don't care who you have in front of him...that is an amazing accomplishment.

Their OL could look a lot better if Allen does the right thing and passes on Clausen in favor of an OT. With two aging RBs to help carry the load, the age risk can be reduced...similar to our rotation of aging DL players. Pieces could fall into place or the train could go completely off the tracks. Some element of luck here.

I am not a fan of Larry Johnson as a human being....but I think he can still give you quality snaps in a limited role. I am sure that role was defined before he signed his contract. We will see if he is happy when\if he doesn't see the field enough to hit the escalators.

Dedhed
03-13-2010, 02:11 PM

Portis and Johnson can be an effective tandem. Different skill sets that can push each other. They just need to stay healthy. Just like our new\old D-line.I don't think it's a terrible signing for the Skins, I'm just laughing at the Shannyites who are lauding the move when you know they would absolutely flay McDaniels if he brought LJ on board.

broncswin
03-13-2010, 07:36 PM
Three was too high. He would have been a good risk at 4 or 5 though.

BTW I think you did hit on the reason Shanny was always reaching both in free agency and the draft, he was always trying to demonstrate his mastermind abilities.

He believed his own press, a big mistake as it turned out.

To me Shanny tried to be the Mastermind too hard at the end and instead of fooling the competition, he fooled himself.

bronco militia
03-16-2010, 02:51 PM
"[Johnson] will take over the running back position," Vermeil told Rick Maese of the Washington Post. "That's what I think. He'll push that guy [Clinton Portis] right out of a job."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/03/16/AR2010031601742_2.html

azbroncfan
03-16-2010, 02:56 PM
Diaper Boy had only 2 1000 yard seasons. Granted they were monster but not being able to crack that mark the rest of the time is a joke. At one pt he was second best RB in the league until he got paid. Too much time partying with JAYZ.

bronco militia
03-16-2010, 02:58 PM
Diaper Boy had only 2 1000 yard seasons. Granted they were monster but not being able to crack that mark the rest of the time is a joke. At one pt he was second best RB in the league until he got paid. Too much time partying with JAYZ.

I agree...he hasn't run angry since the "too many white republicans" comment ;D