PDA

View Full Version : Tony Pike

HorseHead
03-12-2010, 11:16 AM
Any info on this guy? Sounds like we gave him a "looksie"....

Watched him a couple of times, looks like he needs to eat a steak or two, but nice touch...

strafen
03-12-2010, 11:22 AM
I haven't heard any follow up.
Not that there was supposed to be one.
This is part of the draft strategy. They may look at as many prospects as they can, that doesn't mean he's the guy they're set on.

jhns
03-12-2010, 11:24 AM
If you do a search on his name, there are a couple of threads floating around here about him. They link to some good videos of him playing.

Garcia Bronco
03-12-2010, 11:34 AM
He's just not a winner.

Chief Macho
03-12-2010, 11:52 AM
He's got a really creepy goatee.

JCMElway
03-12-2010, 12:01 PM
How's his neckbeard?

Mogulseeker
03-12-2010, 12:04 PM
He seems like a typical McD QB - tall, slow, and accurate.

NYC Bronco
03-12-2010, 12:05 PM
Would love to have him and Gilyard. Gilyard is a STUD

Mogulseeker
03-12-2010, 12:07 PM
What's Pike? A low second/high third?

ColoradoBuff
03-12-2010, 12:12 PM
pike has been injury-prone!

BroncoMan4ever
03-12-2010, 12:19 PM
What's Pike? A low second/high third?

i've been reading that because of his injury history, and how frail and skinny he is, that he is currently getting late 3rd early 4th round grades.

i know i wouldn't even think about him until bottom of the 3rd. guy just screams of being Brodie Croyle 2.0

Dedhed
03-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Skelton has a ton more upside. So does Brandstater for that matter. Pike is big and accurate, but very average in terms of arm strength and mobility.

TDmvp
03-12-2010, 06:07 PM
Would love to have him and Gilyard. Gilyard is a STUD

as someone living in Cincinnati ... I totally agree that Gil is a stud ... I'd love to have him in Denver ... Not sure on Pike but he can't be worse than Simms...

Dedhed
03-12-2010, 06:33 PM
as someone living in Cincinnati ... I totally agree that Gil is a stud ... I'd love to have him in Denver ... Not sure on Pike but he can't be worse than Simms...I'd take McCluster over Gilyard, but I do like Mardy.

misturanderson
03-12-2010, 08:13 PM
pike has been injury-prone!

No. He hasn't. Being injury prone always involves ligaments and other soft tissue injuries. Probably because when you injure a tendon, ligament or cartilage (beyond a very minor injury) it will never fully heal. Those tissues just do not have good inherent healing ability. He has not shown any significant history of knee, ankle, shoulder, etc. injuries that you see in "injury-prone" players (i.e., Croyle, Torrain, Buckhalter).

Pike had a broken arm and a surgery to remove the plate they used to fix it because it shifted when he took a hit. The area of that injury is almost certainly stronger now than it was before he broke it. That's one of the great things about our bones, they have amazing healing ability after they are injured.

He should put on some muscle next year if he wants to be a starter because he is very thin for his height, but he isn't "injury-prone" in the classic sense.

And if he is "frail" for breaking his arm when he was tackled, what does that make Adrian Peterson for breaking his collar bone by jumping untouched into the endzone?

Baba Booey
03-13-2010, 12:21 AM
Rather have Skelton

Cito Pelon
03-13-2010, 07:24 AM
Well, Pike is one of the supposedly decent QB prospects that Denver actually has a chance at. I haven't seen him play, but the reports I've read seem to project him as an adequate NFL starter. I believe it was the CBS Sportsline analysis that compared him to Jake Plummer.

I guess Tebow or Skelton Denver has a chance at, but I'm thinking Pike has the better upside. I guess Denver might have a chance at Clausen also, but I've seen him play and wasn't really impressed with him for a #1 pick. Clausen might end up like Brady Quinn.

Aftermath
03-13-2010, 02:47 PM
i would like tebow or skelton MUCH more than pike

Archer81
03-13-2010, 02:54 PM
Pike is one of those guys who will need a year or two in the weightroom before he can be a consistent NFL starter. Few teams have the luxury of waiting for a pick to develop behind an established starter.

:Broncos:

Pony Boy
03-13-2010, 03:03 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Tony Pike will never hold a super bowl trophy up in the air.....

barryr
03-13-2010, 05:00 PM
Pike hasn't been a starter very long in college, which means he needs a lot of work and coaching to ever be thought of as a legit starter. My guess his highest spot in the NFL would be as a handy backup QB, but not a starting type of QB.