PDA

View Full Version : Zach Thomas wants Dolphins to get Marshall

Caligula
03-12-2010, 09:00 AM
Zach Thomas wants Fins to get Marshall
March, 11, 2010 Mar 115:07PM ETEmail Print Share By Tim GrahamZach Thomas will donate his brain to science some day. For now, he's willing to share the thoughts rattling around inside it.

The all-decade inside linebacker for the Miami Dolphins was a guest on Miami sports-radio station WQAM and tackled several topics about his former team with host Sid Rosenberg.

Thomas advised the Dolphins to sign Denver Broncos restricted free agent Brandon Marshall to an offer sheet and to bring back veteran pass-rusher Jason Taylor to avoid a leadership depletion like the New England Patriots suffered last year.

The Dolphins have needed a go-to receiver for years. Rosenberg asked Thomas what he would say if Bill Parcells approached him about Marshall.

"Do it now before anybody changes their mind," Thomas said per Palm Beach Post reporter Brian Biggane.

The Broncos placed a first-round tender on Marshall, tempting other teams to sign him. The Dolphins own the 12th pick of the draft.

"With Brandon Marshall it's about money," Thomas said. "If you pay the guy well, he's going to play hard. He even played hard last year. He's got a lot of pride, and he can be a little selfish, but good players are selfish. Look at a guy like Terrell [Owens]. Guys can go to extremes. But Brandon Marshall is a proven player. He's still young, and I feel he's best in the league right now."

Thomas claimed Marshall would make all of Miami's receivers better -- even Ted Ginn. Thomas emphasized that Marshall is a proven commodity, unlike someone like Oklahoma State receiver Dez Bryant, whom the Dolphins could draft instead.

bowtown
03-12-2010, 09:01 AM
Zach Thomas should be worrying about the Dolphins keeping Zach Thomas.

bronco militia
03-12-2010, 09:02 AM
I think Zach Thomas is a Free agent/retired

Caligula
03-12-2010, 09:04 AM
I think Zach has an excellent point. Zach was asked a question, and answered.

People on the board try to say that Marsahall isn't even a top WR, and here is a LB that is stating he's the best in the NFL. Its not like Thomas doesn't know the rest of the NFL WRs. That says a lot.

He also makes good points about how Marshall makes the other WRs on teh field better. We know we've seen that, for certain.

bowtown
Oh that's right... he hasn't found work since being cut from the vaunted KC Chiefs.

SonOfLe-loLang
Zach Thomas isnt on the dolphins

Requiem
03-12-2010, 09:05 AM
. . . and Caligula blushed. <3

Caligula
03-12-2010, 09:07 AM
Zach Thomas should be worrying about the Dolphins keeping Zach Thomas.

Yeah.. how dare him share his opinion when you obviously know more than he does. Tell us again, what team have you found a roster spot on, or are you still looking?

bowtown
03-12-2010, 09:10 AM
Yeah.. how dare him share his opinion when you obviously know more than he does. Tell us again, what team have you found a roster spot on, or are you still looking?

Settle down, I wasn't bashing his opinions, I don't really care what Zach Thomas thinks about anything. Doesn't mean he doesn't have a right to say them. I was simply stating that I was wrong about him still playing for the Dolphins.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-12-2010, 09:21 AM

People on the board try to say that Marsahall isn't even a top WR, and here is a LB that is stating he's the best in the NFL. Its not like Thomas doesn't know the rest of the NFL WRs. That says a lot.

He also makes good points about how Marshall makes the other WRs on teh field better. We know we've seen that, for certain.

They DO? ? Where? Where are they saying such things?

He is A top receiver. I don't think i've ever seen anyone deny this.

He's also a head case with a bad habit of running into the law.

strafen
03-12-2010, 09:24 AM

He also makes good points about how Marshall makes the other WRs on teh field better. We know we've seen that, for certain.We've got a lot of good talent on this team.
The problem is, McDaniels has conditioned people to see that talent as ok to be replaced.
So, when McDaniels cuts a good players, McDaniels supporters will come out on his defense by throwing the player(s) under the bus.
Everything the 33-year old rookie headcoach does is supposed to be part of his master plan.
We just need to wait how everything will fall into place. You know, the guy is putting together a team for the first time in his life, and people think there's nothing for us to worry about. He KNOWS what he's doing!

Garcia Bronco
03-12-2010, 09:24 AM
Marshall would be in jail in aweek living in Miami

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-12-2010, 09:26 AM
We've got a lot of good talent on this team.
The problem is, McDaniels has conditioned people to see that talent as ok to be replaced.
So, when McDaniels cuts a good players, McDaniels supporters will come out on his defense by throwing the player(s) under the bus.
Everything the 33-year old rookie headcoach does is supposed to be part of his master plan.
We just need to wait how everything will fall into place. You know, the guy is putting together a team for the first time in his life, and people think there's nothing for us to worry about. He KNOWS what he's doing!

Let the great derailment begin!

UberBroncoMan
03-12-2010, 09:28 AM
Marshall would be in jail in aweek living in Miami

This is likely true. Though the fiance thing might keep him grounded.

Meh who knows... he acted all innocent and **** at the trial even though he wasn't. I don't think he's grown up a lot.

I wish Rod Smith had truly gotten to him.

Rabb
03-12-2010, 09:45 AM

I hope that when we have some great seasons coming up, you are man enough to come back to drivel like this and admit you were wrong.

strafen
03-12-2010, 09:55 AM
I hope that when we have some great seasons coming up, you are man enough to come back to drivel like this and admit you were wrong.

Wrong about what?
He's young, he's inexperienced, and he's putting a team together for the first time in his life.
Players that are put on the trading block are usually thrown under the bus by the same fans that were rooting for them a year or two ago.
How am I wrong?

He has cut a lot of players he signed last year.
Those were mistakes. Good to see him learning from it and making changes.
It's going to be a rocky road ahead for him. It won't be as easy as people here think it will be.

However, if he brings a SB win I won't have a problem to admit I was wrong.
I'll be more than happy to say it...

sixtimeseight
03-12-2010, 09:57 AM

I don't know what hole you crawled out of, but it's time to crawl back in.

bfoflcommish
03-12-2010, 09:59 AM

really????? hmm i think what everyone says is to much of a risk with his law troubles and bad attitude, I dont think I have read a SINGLE post that said hes not a top wr.

true I mean with all the stellar seasons that were made last year by cut ex broncos.

Beantown Bronco
03-12-2010, 10:00 AM

Last time I checked, McD has yet to cut a single good player.

strafen
03-12-2010, 10:15 AM
Last time I checked, McD has yet to cut a single good player.Brett Kern, Jack Williams, and Andra Davis come to mind...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Brett Kern, Jack Williams, and Andra Davis come to mind...

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA

Yeah, a punter, a fourth string CB who STILL hasn't done anything, and a slow MLB who can be replaced.

Christ you're retarded.

bfoflcommish
03-12-2010, 10:18 AM

kidding right, please god tell me you're kidding.

jhns
03-12-2010, 10:29 AM
Wasn't Bly cut by McDaniels? He was very good this past season. Not that I disagree with the cut at this point. It saved money and Goodman is better.

broncofan2438
03-12-2010, 10:33 AM
Screw zach thomas

MileHighFanatic
03-12-2010, 10:36 AM
Look at Jordan on his bike..........loser

bfoflcommish
03-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Look at Jordan on his bike..........loser

3rd best post EVER by you

Beantown Bronco
03-12-2010, 10:45 AM
Wasn't Bly cut by McDaniels? He was very good this past season. Not that I disagree with the cut at this point. It saved money and Goodman is better.

I liked Dre when he was here. More than most. But there is no way I'd ever say he was very good this past season. He only started 6 games for freakin San Fran as a nickle/dime corner and struggled in that role. Yikes.

You mean this guy:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CAAs9gHrJAk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CAAs9gHrJAk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

jhns
03-12-2010, 10:49 AM
I liked Dre when he was here. More than most. But there is no way I'd ever say he was very good this past season. He only started 6 games for freakin San Fran as a nickle/dime corner and struggled in that role. Yikes.

You mean this guy:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CAAs9gHrJAk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CAAs9gHrJAk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I can't see flash and don't claim to follow the 9ers. I thought I saw some nice INT highlights and heard people talking about how he was playing great there. So I may be wrong. I didn't even know he only started 6 games. Was he injured or benched?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-12-2010, 10:51 AM
I can't see flash and don't claim to follow the 9ers. I thought I saw some nice INT highlights and heard people talking about how he was playing great there. So I may be wrong. I didn't even know he only started 6 games. Was he injured or benched?

Maybe if you don't know what you're talking about, you should just not say anything.

Just throwing it out there. Would be a big life change for you.

strafen
03-12-2010, 10:53 AM
kidding right, please god tell me you're kidding.Why am I kidding?
This just goes to show you what I've already said.
If McDaniels cuts a player, lets just throw them under the bus. They're NOT good!
Both Kern and Williams weren't out of a job too long.
Both are young players with a lot of playing time in front of them to prove their worth.
And when you see that Mcdaniels replaced those two guys with Mitch Berger and Ty Law, that's when YOU should be asking McDaniels, and let me quote YOU:
"kidding right, please god tell me you're kidding"
Nuff said...

jhns
03-12-2010, 10:55 AM
Maybe if you don't know what you're talking about, you should just not say anything.

You could only wish.

I'll make a deal with you. I will stop if you do. When I see your account go inactive I will know to stop talking about stuff I don't know.

bfoflcommish
03-12-2010, 10:55 AM
Why am I kidding?
This just goes to show you what I've already said.
If McDaniels cuts a player, lets just throw them under the bus. They're NOT good!
Both Kern and Williams weren't out of a job too long.
Both are young players with a lot of playing time in front of them to prove their worth.
And when you see that Mcdaniels replaced those two guys with Mitch Berger and Ty Law, that's when YOU should be asking McDaniels, and let me quote YOU:
"kidding right, please god tell me you're kidding"
Nuff said...

being out of a job and getting 1 quick as opposed to BEING A GOOD PLAYER are 2 different things.

Did JMFW start after denver??? oh wait 1 game in which he didnt record a stat whatsoever, in detroit......yep, you proved mcd wrong.

Beantown Bronco
03-12-2010, 10:58 AM

Neither. He was their #3 (and sometimes #4) corner for different parts of the year, so unless they started the game in the nickel or dime defense, he technically didn't "start" for true statistical tracking purposes. He did appear in all 16 games, he just technically wasn't good enough to be their #1 or #2.....so, given all that, to say he was "great" last year when you admit you didn't even follow the team, is a little odd.

jhns
03-12-2010, 10:59 AM
in which he didnt record a stat whatsoever

Is that supposed to prove a corner didn't have a good game?

bfoflcommish
03-12-2010, 11:00 AM
Is that supposed to prove a corner didn't have a good game?

if you dont think so then fine, then explain if he was so good then why didnt he start any others? hmm i guess thats more telling, but go ahead continue

strafen
03-12-2010, 11:02 AM
being out of a job and getting 1 quick as opposed to BEING A GOOD PLAYER are 2 different things.

Did JMFW start after denver??? oh wait 1 game in which he didnt record a stat whatsoever, in detroit......yep, you proved mcd wrong.If they weren't good players, then they wouldn't have been picked up, right?
Both Berger and Williams haven't been in the NFL that long.
Kern didn't cost us any game, J Williams was a role player. Both have great potential.
But yeah, let's refer to them as not good players, just because cult leader, and inexperienced young 33-year old headcoach Josh McDaniels says so.

Do you think Mcdaniels did us any favor by bringing Berger and Law?
Oh, it's got to be an upgrade because McDaniels brough them in.
We can't possibly have the audacy to question those moves, right?
Because if we did, that would make us haters and not true fans, correct?

bfoflcommish
03-12-2010, 11:04 AM
If they weren't good players, then they wouldn't have been picked up, right?
Kern didn't cost us any game, J Williams was a role player. Both have great potential.
But yeah, let's refer to them as not good players, just because cult leader, and inexperienced young 33-year old headcoach Josh McDaniels says so.

Do you think Mcdaniels did us any favor by bringing Berger and Law?
Because if we did, that would make us haters and not true fans, correct?

its funny you like to point to those moves but what about dawkins for 1????

what about your saviour shanny with his boys mustard and martinez...

strafen
03-12-2010, 11:05 AM
if you dont think so then fine, then explain if he was so good then why didnt he start any others? hmm i guess thats more telling, but go ahead continue

Did you see the players Mcdaniels brought in during the FA signing period?
I think you know the answers to your own questions.
Playing dumb won't help make your point.

bfoflcommish
03-12-2010, 11:05 AM
every coach makes mistakes bring in and cutting players, but to say just cuzz a player was cut and then made another team doesnt make them good, havea future etc... all it means is they filled a need on a nother team better then a different scrub did

jhns
03-12-2010, 11:07 AM
Neither. He was their #3 (and sometimes #4) corner for different parts of the year, so unless they started the game in the nickel or dime defense, he technically didn't "start" for true statistical tracking purposes. He did appear in all 16 games, he just technically wasn't good enough to be their #1 or #2.....so, given all that, to say he was "great" last year when you admit you didn't even follow the team, is a little odd.

Did you guys follow all of our cuts and watch all of their games? Why are you claiming none were good then? Are you guys here talking about stuff you don't actually know? Are you also claiming a 3rd string corner that starts part of the season can't be good? What would you call a corner that never starts then? We just spent the 14th pick in this years draft on one of those.

Anyways, I heard people talk about Bly playing good. It may have just been early in the year. It is why I have no problem admitting I could be wrong. You guys aren't exactly making yourselves look good with these statements though. I admitted I don't watch every game so I am not qualified to talk like what I am saying is fact. You guys are making factual statements about players on many different teams. What? You watched Bly play all the time to say different? Please.

(This is in response to you and Moose, so some may not apply to one or the other.)

oubronco
03-12-2010, 11:08 AM

Did JMFW start after denver??? oh wait 1 game in which he didnt record a stat whatsoever, in detroit......yep, you proved mcd wrong.

I believe he got injured in that one game didn't he? Carry on

Beantown Bronco
If they weren't good players, then they wouldn't have been picked up, right?

Wrong. There are bad players on every team and bad players that get picked up in FA every year. This is proven.

Kern didn't cost us any game, J Williams was a role player.

dragster's definition of good player = one that doesn't cost you any games and one that is a role player. Awesome.

Both have great potential.

All young players have great potential, otherwise they wouldn't be in the NFL. It doesn't mean that they've realized that potential or that they ever will.

strafen
its funny you like to point to those moves but what about dawkins for 1????

what about your saviour shanny with his boys mustard and martinez...

Why do you imply that because I don't support Mcdaniels I must be a Shanahan supporter.
I like Shanahan, but he's gone.
We're talking the present here, we're talking about what's taking place right now and since McDaniels took over.
You can't deflect the topic by bringing Shanahan into the discussion.

Dawkins was a great addition, but you can't compare Dawkins with Berger and Law.
Is that how you're trying to justify McD moves? ROFL!

Beantown Bronco
03-12-2010, 11:12 AM
Did you guys follow all of our cuts and watch all of their games? Why are you claiming none were good then? Are you guys here talking about stuff you don't actually know? Are you also claiming a 3rd string corner that starts part of the season can't be good? What would you call a corner that never starts then? We just spent the 14th pick in this years draft on one of those.

Anyways, I heard people talk about Bly playing good. It may have just been early in the year. It is why I have no problem admitting I could be wrong. You guys aren't exactly making yourselves look good with these statements though. I admitted I don't watch every game so I am not qualified to talk like what I am saying is fact. You guys are making factual statements about players on many different teams. What? You watched all of these guys? Please.

(This is in response to you and Moose, so some may not apply to one or the other.)

jhns:

It's easier than you make it sound. McD cut well over 20 players last year and less than five of them actually made other rosters and ever saw the field in 2009, so it's not like we had to follow the entire NFL to figure out how they were doing. It was very easy actually, especially with Sunday Ticket. So, yes, I do claim to know quite a bit about the 2009 performance of every player cut by McD last year and will go toe to toe with anyone.

strafen
03-12-2010, 11:13 AM
[QUOTE]Wrong. There are bad players on every team and bad players that get picked up in FA every year. This is proven.I agree

dragster's definition of good player = one that doesn't cost you any games and one that is a role player. Awesome.Let me dumb down what I meant for you. What I meant to say was there was not apparent reason to have cut Kern.
If my definition of a good player like you've said, is "one that doesn't cost you any games and one that is a role player" then, I would be calling Kyle Orton a good player

All young players have great potential, otherwise they wouldn't be in the NFL. It doesn't mean that they've realized that potential or that they ever will.Like Moreno for example?

jhns
03-12-2010, 11:14 AM

Did you watch him play that game? Then you aren't qualified to talk about it. Get him Bean and Moose.

Anyways, no, corners don't have to get stats to be playing well. In fact, some of the best games from corners are when you don't hear from them. As for why he didn't play after that, maybe because he got broke?

jhns
03-12-2010, 11:19 AM
jhns:

It's easier than you make it sound. McD cut well over 20 players last year and less than five of them actually made other rosters and ever saw the field in 2009, so it's not like we had to follow the entire NFL to figure out how they were doing. It was very easy actually, especially with Sunday Ticket. So, yes, I do claim to know quite a bit about the 2009 performance of every player cut by McD last year and will go toe to toe with anyone.

You are so full of it. I have Sunday ticket and watch all day every Sunday. There is no way to fit in all of these games without missing huge chunks of each. At that point, everything you claim is worthless because you are trying to make points with small sample sizes.

Again, at least I'm not making over the top claims like you. I have the ability to be reasonable.

I bet you can't even name all the players that were cut and made different teams. In order to do what you claim, you would need to know this and what team they went to.

Beantown Bronco
03-12-2010, 11:40 AM
You are so full of it. I have Sunday ticket and watch all day every Sunday. There is no way to fit in all of these games without missing huge chunks of each. At that point, everything you claim is worthless because you are trying to make points with small sample sizes.

Again, you are way overestimating how many different teams you actually have to follow.

Again, at least I'm not making over the top claims like you. I have the ability to be reasonable.

You should read some of your own material sometime.

I bet you can't even name all the players that were cut and made different teams. In order to do what you claim, you would need to know this and what team they went to.

The lists have been posted here numerous times. It's not some grand proclamation I'm making here. You are just late to the dance apparently. Several of us talked about this at length last year. Oh well.

In essence, the only guys to get cut and actually see significant time on the field for their new teams (NFL only....no "B" league guys) were:

Bly
Kern
Crowder
Manuel

Beantown Bronco
03-12-2010, 11:45 AM
At that point, everything you claim is worthless because you are trying to make points with small sample sizes.

Says the guy who tried to claim Bly had a great 2009 based off this:

I don't claim to follow the 9ers. I thought I saw some nice INT highlights

(All three of them....one of which he promptly fumbled back to the Falcons)

jhns
03-12-2010, 11:58 AM
Bly
Kern
Crowder
Manuel

If you put the "significant play time" line there, it completely changes what you said. Anyways, you bring up a good point. Cowder earned praise from his coaches and was playing very well by the end of the year. I watched him play good. I also watched Kern play good. In fact, he was one of the big changes they made right before they started winning. These two show you two are full of ****. You didn't watch these guys if you think they were bad.

jhns
03-12-2010, 12:12 PM
Says the guy who tried to claim Bly had a great 2009 based off this:

(All three of them....one of which he promptly fumbled back to the Falcons)

You are the one claiming small samples aren't good enough. I am playing by your rules. Anyways, I said I had heard it, I wasn't just going off of highlights. I, unlike you, don't claim to have watched every NFL game last season.

I can prove you didn't even watch our games. You claim our defense was more talented than Dallas. That means you didn't watch us or Dallas. You aren't qualified to talk about this team.

Beantown Bronco
03-12-2010, 12:14 PM
If you put the "significant play time" line there, it completely changes what you said. Anyways, you bring up a good point. Cowder earned praise from his coaches and was playing very well by the end of the year. I watched him play good. I also watched Kern play good. In fact, he was one of the big changes they made right before they started winning. These two show you two are full of ****. You didn't watch these guys if you think they were bad.

How? I have never changed my argument. Good/mediocre players play. Bad players either don't get picked up by a team at all (75% of our cut guys from last year), or may get signed but basically never see the field because they're 3rd or 4th stringers at best and pretty much hope for injuries to the guys ahead of them.

Anyways, you bring up a good point. Cowder earned praise from his coaches and was playing very well by the end of the year. I watched him play good.

He had some good moments, yes, I agree there. But that is WAAAAY different than saying he's a good player......again, my sole argument. 2.5 years of suck is not all of a sudden thrown out the window by a few glimpses in maybe a handful of games.

I also watched Kern play good. In fact, he was one of the big changes they made right before they started winning. These two show you two are full of ****. You didn't watch these guys if you think they were bad.

Kern's a decent punter overall, but sucked at dropping them inside the 20 for us, for whatever reason, and that was a highly valued skill by McD. I'm not gonna get broken up over a change in punter considering we play half our games in Mile High and punter is one of those positions where the 25th percentile is really no different from the 75th percentile players. It really is insane how little difference there is among the majority of them.

Beantown Bronco
03-12-2010, 12:18 PM
I, unlike you, don't claim to have watched every NFL game last season.

Proof?

I can prove you didn't even watch our games. You claim our defense was more talented than Dallas. That means you didn't watch us or Dallas.

Find a logic 101 course and sign up. Pronto.

There's not a game last season, outside of the Baltimore and Pittsburgh debacles, that I didn't watch multiple times thanks to the DVR.

jhns
03-12-2010, 12:25 PM
How? I have never changed my argument. Good/mediocre players play. Bad players either don't get picked up by a team at all (75% of our cut guys from last year), or may get signed but basically never see the field because they're 3rd or 4th stringers at best and pretty much hope for injuries to the guys ahead of them.

He had some good moments, yes, I agree there. But that is WAAAAY different than saying he's a good player......again, my sole argument. 2.5 years of suck is not all of a sudden thrown out the window by a few glimpses in maybe a handful of games.

Kern's a decent punter overall, but sucked at dropping them inside the 20 for us, for whatever reason, and that was a highly valued skill by McD. I'm not gonna get broken up over a change in punter considering we play half our games in Mile High and punter is one of those positions where the 25th percentile is really no different from the 75th percentile players. It really is insane how little difference there is among the majority of them.

This is not an argument of the cut being good or bad for this team. The argument is if any players that got cut are good. You complain about what I say as you argue for 3 pages and don't even know what we are talking about? Try reading Bean... I even said the Bly cut ended up good for us when I said he played good.

I'm not sure what your Kern rant is about. He played good after we cut him. Crowder played good after we cut him. Him being bad on horrible defenses, with horrible coaches, has nothing to do with what he is doing now. Bly played good enough to start for a while, which you just named as your criteria.

jhns
03-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Proof?

Find a logic 101 course and. sign up. Pronto.

There's not a game last season, outside of the Baltimore and Pittsburgh debacles, that I didn't watch multiple times thanks to the DVR.

If you are going to continue making these claims, you are only showing you don't understand what you are watching. I guess you are right, I can't prove you didn't see them. So, do you want me to help you understand the game a little better? It would probably make it a little more interesting. You can do more than fast forward to cheerleaders.

Oh, and I will prove how full of **** you are later. You have already gone over your viewing habits and said you deleted losses right away. How did you watch them on tivo if they were deleted?

Beantown Bronco
03-12-2010, 12:36 PM
This is not an argument of the cut being good or bad for this team. The argument is if any players that got cut are good.

I have never waivered from this one bit. Nice try at deflection though.

I even said the Bly cut ended up good for us when I said he played good.

See. You are pointing out the fact that YOU are the one changing the argument. I am simply arguing good vs bad, not good for the team vs. bad for the team. You are the one who's all over the place and you don't even see it. Good job.

I'm not sure what your Kern rant is about.

Reading. It's not for everyone.

He played good after we cut him. Crowder played good after we cut him. Him being bad on horrible defenses, with horrible coaches, has nothing to do with what he is doing now. Bly played good enough to start for a while, which you just named as your criteria.

Again, one or two moments in a few games doesn't make someone "a good player." Not sure why you can't distinguish between a good performance and a good player.

Merely starting as a #3 corner for a few games was never MY criteria for a good player, especially considering those games came when the #1 (Nate Clements) went down with injury. Sorry. He was "good" enough to beat out their #4 and #5 corners, but he wasn't "good" enough to beat out their #1 or #2 DBs, which didn't have particularly awesome 2009s.

Beantown Bronco
03-12-2010, 12:41 PM
Oh, and I will prove how full of **** you are later. You have already gone over your viewing habits and said you deleted losses right away. How did you watch them on tivo if they were deleted?

Weird, unless the Pittsburgh and Baltimore games were wins, I thought I just admitted as much about them. I never said I deleted every loss as soon as they happened. Good luck with that, though. Literally, every time you say "I'll come back with proof of....." you disappear and pretend the whole thing never happened. I expect nothing different this time.

As a matter of fact, I still have the Indy and Philly games recorded. Those are the only losses I still have, though.

jhns
03-12-2010, 12:48 PM
I have never waivered from this one bit. Nice try at deflection though.

See. You are pointing out the fact that YOU are the one changing the argument. I am simply arguing good vs bad, not good for the team vs. bad for the team. You are the one who's all over the place and you don't even see it. Good job.

Reading. It's not for everyone.

Ummm, go back and read your Kern talk. "Well yes he was a good player, BUT McD didn't like this about him and blah, blah, balh, yackety, shmackety...."

So, are you claiming Kern isn't good? He only had good performances every game with his new team, but he isn't good?

Crowder was good this past year. You obviously didn't watch. It is pretty clear you don't know what you are talking about. Again, at least I can admit to not be sure about something. You just lie and make **** up. You have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to good vs bad players. Again, "we had a more talented defense than Dallas!" proves this.

jhns
03-12-2010, 12:56 PM
Weird, unless the Pittsburgh and Baltimore games were wins, I thought I just admitted as much about them. I never said I deleted every loss as soon as they happened. Good luck with that, though. Literally, every time you say "I'll come back with proof of....." you disappear and pretend the whole thing never happened. I expect nothing different this time.

As a matter of fact, I still have the Indy and Philly games recorded. Those are the only losses I still have, though.

In one paragraph you just claimed that you admitted to what I said but that what I said is wrong. Do you even make sense to yourself?

You are right though, I do usually forget about these dumb arguments by the time I get home. You guys act like 2 year olds and get all worked up over the dumbest stuff. It is good entertainment for me while at work.

Beantown Bronco
03-12-2010, 01:01 PM
Crowder was good this past year. You obviously didn't watch. It is pretty clear you don't know what you are talking about. Again, at least I can admit to not be sure about something. You just lie and make **** up. You have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to good vs bad players. Again, "we had a more talented defense than Dallas!" proves this.

Ummm, read what I wrote again.

2.5 years of suck is not all of a sudden thrown out the window by a few glimpses in maybe a handful of games.

What part of that is wrong? He had some moments of decent play in 2009. Moments. He was a freaking rotational non-starter at DE with 3.5 sacks, a few QB pressures and a 3 tackle a game average. No REAL impact. Sorry if I don't feel like saying he is a "good" player when he has shown more often than not that he can't consistently produce and beat out some pretty questionable starting talent at the DE position, on two different teams now.

Beantown Bronco
03-12-2010, 01:04 PM
In one paragraph you just claimed that you admitted to what I said but that what I said is wrong. Do you even make sense to yourself?

Is English your second language? Honestly. Is it?

Again, slowly, I said that the Pittsburgh and Baltimore games were the only two games all season long I didn't watch more than once. I NEVER in this thread or any other thread claimed that I deleted any and every loss immediately after it happened. You said you could prove otherwise. Do it.

jhns
03-12-2010, 01:08 PM
Ummm, read what I wrote again.

Crowder is bad. We had a more talented defense than Dallas.

All found in The Random Ramblings of Bean.

bowtown
03-12-2010, 01:10 PM
This is like watching a rocket scientist debate a 4 year-old. It's so unfair, it's almost not even fun to watch. jhns, you should really just let it go before you look any stupider.

jhns
03-12-2010, 01:12 PM
Is English your second language? Honestly. Is it?

Again, slowly, I said that the Pittsburgh and Baltimore games were the only two games all season long I didn't watch more than once. I NEVER in this thread or any other thread claimed that I deleted any and every loss immediately after it happened. You said you could prove otherwise. Do it.

Sure, I will prove it. Wait here and ill be back when I get off work in a couple hours.

jhns
03-12-2010, 01:16 PM
This is like watching a rocket scientist debate a 4 year-old. It's so unfair, it's almost not even fun to watch. jhns, you should really just let it go before you look any stupider.

LOL

You just called Bean a rocket scientist. That made me poop a little.

I guess it could be true. Rocket scientists probably don't know much about football. They have a lot in common with Mr. "We had a more talented defense than Dallas" who is trying to claim he knows what a good player is.

I do have to leave for a bit for a meeting. Don't lose focus while I'm away.

NYBronco
03-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Zach Thomas or anyone else can talk up Marshall all they want if it seals the deal on a first round selection I'm all for it.

I'm hoping Brian Bosworth will surface and speak highly of Marshall for the Seahawks.

Florida_Bronco
03-13-2010, 01:22 AM
If they weren't good players, then they wouldn't have been picked up, right? So only Josh McDaniels can sign bad players?

That makes sense.

But yeah, let's refer to them as not good players, just because cult leader, and inexperienced young 33-year old headcoach Josh McDaniels says so. Because they're not good players. "Good potential" does not equal "good player".

Do you think Mcdaniels did us any favor by bringing Berger and Law? Kern routinely out kicked his coverage. Berger provided a pretty large boost in punting net average because he didn't out kick coverage.

Williams was getting abused pretty badly in the Baltimore game IIRC. Law didn't get abused during the year. Hell, I don't even really remember him getting beat much at all when he was on the field.

Because if we did, that would make us haters and not true fans, correct? Nope. You just gotta be correct is all, and unfortunately this time around, you're not.

Florida_Bronco
03-13-2010, 01:31 AM
What part of that is wrong? He had some moments of decent play in 2009. Moments. He was a freaking rotational non-starter at DE with 3.5 sacks, a few QB pressures and a 3 tackle a game average. No REAL impact. Sorry if I don't feel like saying he is a "good" player when he has shown more often than not that he can't consistently produce and beat out some pretty questionable starting talent at the DE position, on two different teams now.

Living in Tampa, obviously I see most of their games. Sure, Crowder showed signs of life and looks like he might actually stick in this league, but what Jhns is seemingly ignoring is that Crowder re-joined the guy who picked him (Bates, until he was fired) to play his natural position in the 4 man front.

Obviously, that just wasn't going to happen here, so unless Jhns is suggesting we should have stuck with the 4-3 to accommodate a defensive end who was basically irrelevant during 2008, then he can't really hold that against McDaniels.

McBadass
03-13-2010, 05:39 PM
I'm new here. Is jhns always this full of ****?

Dagmar
03-13-2010, 06:13 PM

Jhns, dragster & rastaman are the resident morons.

broncswin
03-13-2010, 06:28 PM

I always though you were a little off on your knowledge, but this...come on man:spit:

oubronco
03-13-2010, 06:31 PM

Welcome to the zoo

strafen
03-13-2010, 08:11 PM
I always though you were a little off on your knowledge, but this...come on man:spit:

Amazing how they turn into worthless players once they're no longer a bronco, huh?
Silly me!

baja
03-13-2010, 09:42 PM

I agree on 2 of the 3.

Guess which two. ;D

McBadass
03-14-2010, 06:37 AM

Is there an ignore feature? I prefer to get rid of problems before I start.

strafen
03-14-2010, 07:07 AM
Is there an ignore feature? I prefer to get rid of problems before I start.

You only have two posts here, and both offer no positive contribution.
Is that why you registered, or is this a troll account?
Hardly ever a thread here stays on topic because of the morons that like to call other morons....
So if you like drama, act like a little b!tch and derail threads, you're off to a good start.

I've got dagmar on my ignore list. Somehow he manages to show up on my radar screen.
He's a moron from the middle east or something who is most likely living and working illegally in the United States. Knows nothing about football, likes to piggyback on other peoples conversations as far as insults and loves to regurgitate what others say so he can too look cool.

The guy is a pest and never has anything nice to say. A total human excrement!

tsiguy96
03-14-2010, 07:22 AM
and i get banned for making fun of an ex bronco fan, you KNOW dragster will get away with that!

baja
03-14-2010, 07:30 AM
and i get banned for making fun of an ex bronco fan, you KNOW dragster will get away with that!

ya but it wasn't his birthday thread. ;D

Nothing bad ever happens on your birthday on Mainderella.

strafen
03-14-2010, 07:30 AM
and i get banned for making fun of an ex bronco fan, you KNOW dragster will get away with that!you don't see what my point is?
What are you accusing me of ****?
I'm not getting away with anything.
Just look and see who starts the crap before you open your freakin' mouth!

WTF is wrong with you?
You get banned for making fun of somebody, but the same idiots that insult people on a daily basis don't get banned.
That's how this board operates.
And we welcome people like Mcbadass who just registered, has only two posts, and he's already receiving support.
What a crock of ****!

Lev Vyvanse
03-14-2010, 07:31 AM
Hardly ever a thread here stays on topic because of the morons that like to call other morons....
So if you like drama, act like a little b!tch and derail threads, you're off to a good start.

You shouldn't talk to yourself. People will think your crazy.

tsiguy96
03-14-2010, 07:32 AM
you don't see what my point is?
Why are you accusing me of ****?

WTF is wrong with you?

dude, if EVERYONE disagrees with you about everything, shouldnt that be a good indication that you are probably being extremist and are pretty wrong about everything?

baja
03-14-2010, 07:32 AM
you don't see what my point is?
Why are you accusing me of ****?

WTF is wrong with you?

ninety percent of the slandering and name calling that goes on around here is between you and anybody else.

JUST READ THE LAST THREE POSTS FOR EXAMPLE..

s0phr0syne
03-14-2010, 08:13 AM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Sunday-at-the-Post-1029.html

Michael Lombardi says:

2. I keep hearing from my Jets sources that they’re having internal discussions regarding Brandon Marshall and would love to put together a package of players that might entice the Broncos and still keep their first-round pick.

McBadass
03-14-2010, 08:26 AM

I've got dagmar on my ignore list. Somehow he manages to show up on my radar screen.
He's a moron from the middle east or something who is most likely living and working illegally in the United States. Knows nothing about football, likes to piggyback on other peoples conversations as far as insults and loves to regurgitate what others say so he can too look cool.

The guy is a pest and never has anything nice to say. A total human excrement!

So that's a no, then? No ignore feature?

Thanks for your help dragster. I'll try to get my future contributions up to the level you've set of "positive contribution."

I guess drag is the board police? is that about right?

This isn't my first online experience; in fact, i've run a few boards. I'm guessing drag is the first to call names, and also the first to complain about how threads get derailed. Am I close?

As for this particular statement from Thomas... I mean, it's pretty worthless. It's only news because it's the off season. Is Thomas in the Dolphins' FO? Is he their GM? No? Then there's really not a lot to it, in my opinion.

McBadass
03-14-2010, 08:27 AM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Sunday-at-the-Post-1029.html

Michael Lombardi says:

Now that would be interesting. What do you think they could offer us that we'd want? I figure there's got to be at least a second rounder in any deal...

sixtimeseight
03-14-2010, 09:30 AM
So that's a no, then? No ignore feature?

Thanks for your help dragster. I'll try to get my future contributions up to the level you've set of "positive contribution."

I guess drag is the board police? is that about right?

This isn't my first online experience; in fact, i've run a few boards. I'm guessing drag is the first to call names, and also the first to complain about how threads get derailed. Am I close?

As for this particular statement from Thomas... I mean, it's pretty worthless. It's only news because it's the off season. Is Thomas in the Dolphins' FO? Is he their GM? No? Then there's really not a lot to it, in my opinion.

Yes, there's an ignore feature. Here's my ignore list, you'll be doing yourself a favor by ignoring all the people on it, not a single one of them has any redeeming qualities.

# azbroncfan
# CasinoRoyal
# dragster69
# go_broncos
# Hamrob
# jhns
# McChamp
# rastaman
# socalorado
# tnedator
# watermock
# WolfpackGuy

Dagmar
03-14-2010, 10:03 AM
Erm, seriously? That is allowed?

Really?

Dagmar
03-14-2010, 10:07 AM

The guy is a pest and never has anything nice to say. A total human
excrement!

I don't get why this is ok in this community. It's ridiculously far from accurate, but really?

HAT
03-14-2010, 10:08 AM

Don't forget bf7 who should be back from vacation soon.

Taco John
03-14-2010, 11:48 AM
I don't get why this is ok in this community. It's ridiculously far from accurate, but really?

What are you talking about? You started it. You think I should ban you for starting a fight, or just ban him for responding to your provocation?

I don't see what your problem is. You called him a moron, and he responded predictably by blasting you back and ratcheting up the vitriol to another level. I mean, it would be one thing if he just flat blasted you with no provocation. But that's not what happened here. You started it. jhns and beantown were having a pretty good argument/discussion. Some new guy butted in with a peanut gallery comment, and you joined the peanut gallery with a comment of your own - and off we go.

And now that dragster responded to your peanut gallery comment, you report him to the mods and begin a cycle of criticism of me and the mods for what he is getting away with? I don't find that all that respectable at all. Not that I thought dragster's comments were worthwhile. But is he not allowed to defend himself from your blast?

oubronco
03-14-2010, 12:10 PM
Now that would be interesting. What do you think they could offer us that we'd want? I figure there's got to be at least a second rounder in any deal...

David Harris and a second would be interesting

NFLBRONCO
03-14-2010, 12:31 PM
David Harris and a 2 works for me.

bombay
03-14-2010, 12:33 PM
Charleston Heston wants the Romans to get Elvis Dumerville.

Florida_Bronco
03-14-2010, 12:47 PM
David Harris and a 2 works for me.

Throw in Kevin O'Connell too.

Requiem
03-14-2010, 01:21 PM
David Harris and a second rounder would be interesting, but I doubt the Jets give up one of their better defensive players.

ayjackson
03-14-2010, 01:56 PM
With the Dolphins and the Jets interested, the Patriots should at least feign interest to drive up the price and make sure they don't add him on the cheap.

Dagmar
03-14-2010, 03:04 PM
What are you talking about? You started it. You think I should ban you for starting a fight, or just ban him for responding to your provocation?

I don't see what your problem is. You called him a moron, and he responded predictably by blasting you back and ratcheting up the vitriol to another level. I mean, it would be one thing if he just flat blasted you with no provocation. But that's not what happened here. You started it. jhns and beantown were having a pretty good argument/discussion. Some new guy butted in with a peanut gallery comment, and you joined the peanut gallery with a comment of your own - and off we go.

And now that dragster responded to your peanut gallery comment, you report him to the mods and begin a cycle of criticism of me and the mods for what he is getting away with? I don't find that all that respectable at all. Not that I thought dragster's comments were worthwhile. But is he not allowed to

defend himself from your blast?

look call me a moron or turd etc, I will live. People think I am a dick anyways. But start the immigrant and law breaking stuff and I get annoyed. I don't think anyone should have to be attacked based on race/nationality. Obviously if I want to be part of this community I have to shut up and take so so be it.

baja
03-14-2010, 03:37 PM
look call me a moron or turd etc, I will live. People think I am a dick anyways. But start the immigrant and law breaking stuff and I get annoyed. I don't think anyone should have to be attacked based on race/nationality. Obviously if I want to be part of this community I have to shut up and take so so be it.

Dude you should see what they call me simply for choosing to live in Mexico part of the time. There are some very ignorant closed minded people on this board and that is a fact.

Blueflame
03-15-2010, 02:28 AM
I think any of us who have been here for a while have "taken" some very unflattering personal insults....for all kinds of reasons... or none at all.

TailgateNut
03-15-2010, 09:06 AM

:thumbsup:

TailgateNut
03-15-2010, 09:10 AM

:thumbsup:

Dagmar
03-15-2010, 09:17 AM
I think any of us who have been here for a while have "taken" some very unflattering personal insults....for all kinds of reasons... or none at all.

Moron is one thing. It's a message board.

Attacking someone based on race/nationality (implying they are inferior due to either) and then saying that I also consistently break the law? Not in any joking manner? That's the standard here I guess. Taco loves to take me to task, publicly, yet calling me a middle eastern illegal immigrant is fine by him.

jhns
03-15-2010, 09:19 AM
Man, looks like I missed some of the fun in this thread. We got a new **** talker to join the community that is probably just an old poster on a new account. You came to the right place guy, you will fit right in. We got Tail still not adding anything to any discussion. We got a few crying about the same old stuff and posters as they do what they are crying about...

The Orange Mane, the great bronco fan soap opera.

TailgateNut
03-15-2010, 09:20 AM

Attacking someone based on race/nationality (implying they are inferior due to either) and then saying that I also consistently break the law? Not in any joking manner? That's the standard here I guess. Taco loves to take me to task, publicly, yet calling me a middle eastern illegal immigrant is fine by him.

...and I thought you were Irish.....oh, that's right....everyone is part Irish this week!;)

Cito Pelon
03-15-2010, 09:20 AM
Sid Rosenberg was the sports guy on the Imus In The Morning show.

How did this thread get to 5 pages? I guess I'll have to read a little bit, maybe it's worth something.

Dagmar
03-15-2010, 09:21 AM
Sid Rosenberg was the sports guy on the Imus In The Morning show.

How did this thread get to 5 pages? I guess I'll have to read a little bit, maybe it's worth something.

No, it's not.

jhns
03-15-2010, 09:22 AM

Do you need a shoulder to cry on?

baja
03-15-2010, 10:19 AM

Ask TJ what his reaction was when hater told him to send his dad around he had some gardening work for him (Mexican reference). I can tell you he did not like it one bit.

Beantown Bronco
03-15-2010, 10:49 AM
...and I thought you were Irish.....oh, that's right....everyone is part Irish this week!;)

just from the waist down.

Cito Pelon
03-15-2010, 10:52 AM
No, it's not.

Thanks for the heads up.

bendog
03-15-2010, 10:56 AM

Oh God, are you one of those lesbians?

(edit: It's a line from mean girls. no diss intended. )

bombay
03-15-2010, 11:27 AM
Fidel Castro wants to sign Minnie Minoso.