PDA

View Full Version : Seattles Play on Draft Day?

*WARHORSE*
03-11-2010, 01:05 PM
They use their 6th selection.

Then sign Brandon right there in the draft room.

Compensation left.......14th selection.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-11-2010, 01:06 PM
I dont think it works that way.

ColoradoBuff
03-11-2010, 01:06 PM
um no!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-11-2010, 01:07 PM
Not how it works. Creative, but not how it works.

bronco militia
03-11-2010, 01:08 PM
the RFA tenders end the week before the draft

*WARHORSE*
03-11-2010, 01:10 PM
the RFA tenders end the week before the draft

Really?

I didnt know that.

Is that true?

TonyR
03-11-2010, 01:13 PM
...the period for signing restricted free agents to offer sheets ends eight days before the draft.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/11/restricted-free-agency-101/

Dr. Broncenstein
03-11-2010, 01:13 PM
Really?

I didnt know that.

Is that true?

I'm thinking this scenario has been discussed an thwarted long ago by the powers that be.

Rabb
03-11-2010, 01:14 PM
I dont think it works that way.

no, it doesn't

not to mention the team made it clear that they aren't negotiating, taking the #14 would be negotiating

mellow mood
03-11-2010, 01:16 PM
i figure the period will end, and we'll sign him to the 1 year.

then Seattle will come on on draft day and offer up there 2nd and a later round and we'll jump on it.

ala the javon walker trade :)

*WARHORSE*
03-11-2010, 01:18 PM
Ah.....now I get it.

Restricted free agents can be tendered up until June 1st I believe.

But since teams are allowed 7days to match an offer, doing a draft day deal would circumvent the process.

False alarm.:twokisses

SonOfLe-loLang
03-11-2010, 01:19 PM
i figure the period will end, and we'll sign him to the 1 year.

then Seattle will come on on draft day and offer up there 2nd and a later round and we'll jump on it.

ala the javon walker trade :)

that would be absolutely horrible if all we get is a 2.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Ah.....now I get it.

Restricted free agents can be tendered up until June 1st I believe.

But since teams are allowed 7days to match an offer, doing a draft day deal would circumvent the process.

False alarm.:twokisses

plus it was a traded draft pick, i think that stuff only applies to your own picks

*WARHORSE*
03-11-2010, 01:23 PM
plus it was a traded draft pick, i think that stuff only applies to your own picks

Actually, the original pick only takes precendence if you have another aquired pick.

For instance, if Denver signed a player this year from a team that had tendered an RFA at the first round level, Denver would lose the 11th selection even though it was aquired by Denver from Chicagoat.

Garcia Bronco
03-11-2010, 01:55 PM
They use their 6th selection.

Then sign Brandon right there in the draft room.

Compensation left.......14th selection.

RFA period runs from 3/2 to 4/15. The RFA period will be over by then and either Brandon has an offer sheet or tender signed by twleve dot dot ohhh ohhh on the 15th of April.

cutthemdown
03-11-2010, 01:59 PM
Really?

I didnt know that.

Is that true?

research before posting and you will look smarter. You think NFL hasn't thought of something you can come up with at lunch in front of your computer? Cmon?

If someone want Marshall they will have to work with the Broncos or give up there first round pick. Not some other teams first round pick, there first round pick. So if Seattle right now traded there 6th, for another teams lower first and say a 3rd, then they might be able to do it. Not sure how that rule works would have to check.

Seattle caught in tough spot because there pick is so juicy. Out of top 5 huge money, in top 10 of great talent.

Doggcow
03-11-2010, 02:01 PM
research before posting and you will look smarter. You think NFL hasn't thought of something you can come up with at lunch in front of your computer? Cmon?

If someone want Marshall they will have to work with the Broncos or give up there first round pick. Not some other teams first round pick, there first round pick. So if Seattle right now traded there 6th, for another teams lower first and say a 3rd, then they might be able to do it. Not sure how that rule works would have to check.

Seattle caught in tough spot because there pick is so juicy. Out of top 5 huge money, in top 10 of great talent.

knowing your their, there, and they're -s helps too.

No offense, but if you're going to add some smack about someone like that, at least use correct grammar.

cutthemdown
03-11-2010, 02:01 PM
The real point is no one wants to pay Marshall a ton. If he signs an offer too low and Broncos don't like the pick they would get they could match it. Poison pills seem to not be being used. The owners I think made a handshake under the table deal on that after the Sea/Minny fiasco.

If not I think Seattle would trade there 6th to NO and then try to stick us with that pick somehow. But it all falls apart if Broncos match etc.

bowtown
03-11-2010, 02:05 PM
If not I think Seattle would trade there 6th to NO and then try to stick us with that pick somehow. But it all falls apart if Broncos match etc.

Can't. Has to be the original pick OR HIGHER. If Seattle didn't have their 6th round pick they could not sign him to an offer sheet unless they also had a pick in the 1-5 range. Keeps teams from doing exactly what you described.

cutthemdown
03-11-2010, 02:06 PM
knowing your their, there, and they're -s helps too.

No offense, but if you're going to add some smack about someone like that, at least use correct grammar.

Meh not even close to same thing. This isn't a forum about English and composition. It's about football. Besides when you type fast mistakes happen. Doesn't have anything to do with how good your proofreading is. Some of the worlds greatest authors still have someone else check grammar for them.

Knowing that FA ends is sort something that even girls know.

So take your English lesson and shove it up your mangina. Oh and sorry for talking smack to your boyfriend.

cutthemdown
03-11-2010, 02:08 PM
Can't. Has to be the original pick OR HIGHER. If Seattle didn't have their 6th round pick they could not sign him to an offer sheet unless they also had a pick in the 1-5 range. Keeps teams from doing exactly what you described.

That's some good info. So a team like Bears can't even do it? For them to pull it off it would have to be a sign and trade etc? Is that right?

So Seattle would have to trade the 6th to NO. Then try and call Broncos and make a deal they would agree to. Like the low 1st from NO, and another pick next yr etc. I think Broncos would listen to some creative offers. No way though Mcdaniels want to make it look like he got taken. He is sort of fighting for his reputation right now with the fans.

bowtown
03-11-2010, 02:10 PM
That's some good info. So a team like Bears can't even do it? For them to pull it off it would have to be a sign and trade etc? Is that right?

So Seattle would have to trade the 6th to NO. Then try and call Broncos and make a deal they would agree to. Like the low 1st from NO, and another pick next yr etc. I think Broncos would listen to some creative offers. No way though Mcdaniels want to make it look like he got taken. He is sort of fighting for his reputation right now with the fans.

Correct. Only way Bears could do it is if they some how traded up ahead of the 11 pick or as a sign and trade.

Doggcow
03-11-2010, 02:12 PM
Meh not even close to same thing. This isn't a forum about English and composition. It's about football. Besides when you type fast mistakes happen. Doesn't have anything to do with how good your proofreading is. Some of the worlds greatest authors still have someone else check grammar for them.

Knowing that FA ends is sort something that even girls know.

So take your English lesson and shove it up your mangina. Oh and sorry for talking smack to your boyfriend.

Proofreading and missed typos multiple times in the same place. Seems more like you need to check back in with your 3rd grade English teacher than "mistakes" to me.

I don't even know the OP, but you came in here swinging for no reason.

Don't get mad when you get chopped down for hypocritical bull****.

cutthemdown
03-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Proofreading and missed typos multiple times in the same place. Seems more like you need to check back in with your 3rd grade English teacher than "mistakes" to me.

I don't even know the OP, but you came in here swinging for no reason.

Don't get mad when you get chopped down for hypocritical bull****.

You couldn't chop down a tree with a chainsaw.

baja
03-11-2010, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *WARHORSE*
Really?

I didnt know that.

Is that true?

<b>research before posting and you will look smarter. </b>You think NFL hasn't thought of something you can come up with at lunch in front of your computer? Cmon?

If someone want Marshall they will have to work with the Broncos or give up there first round pick. Not some other teams first round pick, there first round pick. <b>So if Seattle right now traded there 6th, for another teams lower first and say a 3rd, then they might be able to do it. Not sure how that rule works would have to check. </B>

<b>research before posting and you will look smarter. </b> ;D

*WARHORSE*
03-11-2010, 02:39 PM

How about a 2X4 upside your head?

How smart would that be?:spit:

J/K

You tell me to research something before I post, then spew out your logic, then say: "I'll have to check"?

Lunch breaks are boring, and boring minds can come up with boring posts.

I reserve the right to be stupid on any and all occasions should I choose.

Now, my hammock is calling along with the Hawaiian sun and shade.

Let me know if youre research brings about some sense.

BTW, I agree with the trade down scenario for Seattle. I posted it in another thread. Find it did you?:thumbsup:

Doggcow
03-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *WARHORSE*
Really?

I didnt know that.

Is that true?

<b>research before posting and you will look smarter. </b> ;D

rofl, you could say we cutthemdown!

cutthemdown
03-11-2010, 05:49 PM
rofl, you could say we cutthemdown!

You're right I was being an asshole.

*WARHORSE*
03-11-2010, 06:06 PM
You're right I was being an a-hole.

Its the off season.

Everyone gets a mulligan.

Or two.

Or twenty.:approve:

gunns
03-11-2010, 06:12 PM
Knowing that FA ends is sort something that even girls know

And probably before most of you boys.

orinjkrush
03-11-2010, 06:18 PM
the real growing issue is: how low will the Broncos go just to get rid of BM? a pair of seconds? a second and a third?

Broncos24
03-11-2010, 06:50 PM
Brandon Marshall for Lofa Tatufo and Ryan Simms.

Thats the reason they released Andra Davis.

bowtown
03-11-2010, 06:51 PM
Brandon Marshall for Lofa Tatufo and Ryan Simms.

Thats the reason they released Andra Davis.

And just like that, the new Foneco is born.

Broncos24
03-11-2010, 06:54 PM
And just like that, the new Foneco is born.

Lol:wiggle:

Lev Vyvanse
03-11-2010, 06:59 PM
You couldn't chop down a tree with a chainsaw.

That sounds dangerous. You cut down a tree with a chainsaw and chop down a tree with an axe.

mhgaffney
03-11-2010, 07:50 PM
It's also possible Seattle will use the #14 pick to move up -- if they feel they have to -- and get a QB.

baja
03-11-2010, 08:13 PM
That sounds dangerous. You cut down a tree with a chainsaw and chop down a tree with an axe.

I think that was his point.

Maybe he forgot to research this.