PDA

View Full Version : Free Agents that are still available you'd like to see in Denver

BroncoMan4ever
03-10-2010, 10:54 PM
I am curious with the 1st wave of FA finished and the majority of big name unrestricted guys now snatched up, who are the 2nd and 3rd tier guys who still remain unsigned that you would like to see brought in to Denver

Bobbie Williams, a 340lbs Guard would in my opinion be an awesome acquisition. he is going to be 34 when the season starts, but on a 1 or 2 year deal would be a massive strength and size upgrade for the team while we prep someone for eventual takeover. also, if we get someone like Iupati in the 1st we have massive depth behind he and Kuper which is something the line has been lacking.

Hadnot for obvious reasons is still a guy i really want us to go after

on a side note with this particular thread. keep it about the topic at hand, don't want to hear bull**** about McDaniels, former coaches or former players. just good discussion about what FA you would like to see Denver bring in out of the guys still available.

now if you feel like a QB is a good acquisition, cool, just have a reason for it aside from the typical troll post of, Orton sucks.

extralife
03-11-2010, 01:33 AM
cut Simms, sign Anderson. we need an actual backup QB.

Florida_Bronco
03-11-2010, 01:37 AM
I am curious with the 1st wave of FA finished and the majority of big name unrestricted guys now snatched up, who are the 2nd and 3rd tier guys who still remain unsigned that you would like to see brought in to Denver

Bobbie Williams, a 340lbs Guard would in my opinion be an awesome acquisition. he is going to be 34 when the season starts, but on a 1 or 2 year deal would be a massive strength and size upgrade for the team while we prep someone for eventual takeover. also, if we get someone like Iupati in the 1st we have massive depth behind he and Kuper which is something the line has been lacking.

Hadnot for obvious reasons is still a guy i really want us to go after

on a side note with this particular thread. keep it about the topic at hand, don't want to hear bull**** about McDaniels, former coaches or former players. just good discussion about what FA you would like to see Denver bring in out of the guys still available.

now if you feel like a QB is a good acquisition, cool, just have a reason for it aside from the typical troll post of, Orton sucks.

Williams and Hadnot would both be nice signings, and I'd like to see us resign LeKevin Smith and Vonnie Holliday.

Crushisback
03-11-2010, 01:51 AM
This thread sucks and it's all McDaniels fault!

ZONA
03-11-2010, 01:55 AM
T.O.

okay, I'm lying.

Wes Mantooth
03-11-2010, 02:15 AM

anderson is not an upgrade.

DBroncos4life
03-11-2010, 03:31 AM
anderson is not an upgrade.

As pathetic as Anderson was last year he would be a upgrade over 1.35 yard per attempt Simms. Simms completed 29.4% of his passes last season and had a 15.1 QB rating. We won't be picking up many first downs if Simms ever has to play in a game again. Anderson atleast gives us the threat to pick up a first down.

Paladin
03-11-2010, 03:32 AM
Hadnot or one of the Cs.

BroncoMan4ever
03-11-2010, 03:43 AM
T.O.

okay, I'm lying.

truthfully if it was on a 1 year deal i wouldn't be opposed. he tends to be a model citizen the 1st year of a contract and then after that turn into a turd.

Ray Finkle
03-11-2010, 03:50 AM
Mawae and or Bobby Williams

long beach bronco
03-11-2010, 04:55 AM
A couple of really big guards and a center (Hadnot).

Carmelo15
03-11-2010, 05:12 AM
Kevin Mawae would really be a great stop-gap solution at center for us

Ziggy
03-11-2010, 05:19 AM
Mawae, Hadnot or Fraley.

Baba Booey
03-11-2010, 06:48 AM
Hadnot

BMarsh615
03-11-2010, 06:53 AM
Dwan Edwards.

bronco militia
03-11-2010, 06:58 AM

I would hope the Broncos aim a lot higher than Anderson as a backup

Popcorn Sutton
03-11-2010, 07:11 AM
As pathetic as Anderson was last year he would be a upgrade over 1.35 yard per attempt Simms. Simms completed 29.4% of his passes last season and had a 15.1 QB rating. We won't be picking up many first downs if Simms ever has to play in a game again. Anderson atleast gives us the threat to pick up a first down.

Anderson in this offense is like taking a square peg and trying to fit it in a round hole. He is absolutely awful in the short and intermediate passing game. He has a big arm and when he has good protection, he can load up and throw the ball down the seam with the best of them but that's it. He sucks with short to intermediate timing routes.

ColoradoBuff
03-11-2010, 07:41 AM
a big OL....either Hadnot or Fraley then we can take BPA at 11.

ludo21
03-11-2010, 07:47 AM
Derek Anderson. one of the Centers

Gcver2ver3
03-11-2010, 07:54 AM
Hadnot
Williams (if he hasn't already signed)
Edwards

in that order...

Drunk Monkey
03-11-2010, 08:24 AM

Cut Simms, trade for Quinn

Chris
03-11-2010, 08:27 AM
I know Mawae is approaching 40 but from what I hear he's as strong as ever. Anyone watch the Jets last season?

He would be a nice guy to groom a young center under.

StugotsIII
03-11-2010, 08:39 AM
Hmmm....let's talk about Anderson as a backup...

Yes, he did horribly last year as did Quinn. Lets examine why. Who did they have to throw the ball to? Who did they have running the ball? They traded away their two top targets and were dealing with a ton of very young talent.

A couple years ago Anderson through for 29 TD's and had the Browns in the playoff hunt...the Browns.

Anderson is better than Simms and it's not even close. Simms is a gunshy QB who has no business in this league anymore...he is terrible. Anderson has proven he can thrieve and win given the right tools.

I wouldn't give him a huge contract, but I would consider it.

tsiguy96
03-11-2010, 08:49 AM
Hmmm....let's talk about Anderson as a backup...

Yes, he did horribly last year as did Quinn. Lets examine why. Who did they have to throw the ball to? Who did they have running the ball? They traded away their two top targets and were dealing with a ton of very young talent.

A couple years ago Anderson through for 29 TD's and had the Browns in the playoff hunt...the Browns.

Anderson is better than Simms and it's not even close. Simms is a gunshy QB who has no business in this league anymore...he is terrible. Anderson has proven he can thrieve and win given the right tools.

I wouldn't give him a huge contract, but I would consider it.

to throw the ball too? mohammed massaquoui (something like that) and brian robiskie, both not bad. big OL. jerome harrison running the ball.

browns are close to having a big mean explosive offense, if tehy had a QB.

StugotsIII
03-11-2010, 08:56 AM
to throw the ball too? mohammed massaquoui (something like that) and brian robiskie, both not bad. big OL. jerome harrison running the ball.

browns are close to having a big mean explosive offense, if tehy had a QB.

Before I rip this post into shreds, I have to ask....are you joking?

bowtown
03-11-2010, 09:01 AM
If we can sign a veteran Center, I think we will have had a great signing period. Then, let's turn our attention and funds to our own RFAs and extending Champ.

lookin' glass
03-11-2010, 09:06 AM
I haven't heard Fraley's name in free agent visits around the league. I wonder if it's age or injury history or what. He was a very good center for some time. I don't know much about Hadnot.