PDA

View Full Version : Lloyd's contract details

montrose
03-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Two-year, $2.05 million contract that included a $500,000 signing bonus. Klis reports he'll be more involved in the offense this year.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/03/10/brandon-lloyd-got-500000-signing-bonus/

Mogulseeker
03-10-2010, 02:54 PM
Cheap... isn't he still #5 as long as we have Marshall?

bombay
03-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Lloyd is a pretty good receiver and easily worth that money.

crush17
03-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Lloyd made catches when he was in. I think it will be very positive to have him back.

Popps
03-10-2010, 03:25 PM
I was actually really excited for Lloyd last year. I was surprised he was inactive so much of the year, but wrote it off to a (likely) inability to contribute on STs. But, as we saw... when given the chance, he had nice chemistry with Orton and can be a play-maker.

I thought he might be a poor man's Randy Moss for us... stretching the field, out-jumping guys, etc. We'll see, but I'm glad he's coming back. I think he's got untapped talent if he applies himself. He's certainly shown flashes.

Carmelo15
03-10-2010, 03:25 PM
I expect he may replace Stokely as the #4, #3 is we lose Marshall

extralife
03-10-2010, 03:27 PM
buyer beware on Mr. Lloyd. he has a well documented history of making fanbases hopeful before he reminds them that he can't catch the ball.

chaz
03-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Lloyd showed some of the best hands on the team last season when he had the chance.

s0phr0syne
03-10-2010, 06:18 PM
I was actually really excited for Lloyd last year. I was surprised he was inactive so much of the year, but wrote it off to a (likely) inability to contribute on STs. But, as we saw... when given the chance, he had nice chemistry with Orton and can be a play-maker.

I thought he might be a poor man's Randy Moss for us... stretching the field, out-jumping guys, etc. We'll see, but I'm glad he's coming back. I think he's got untapped talent if he applies himself. He's certainly shown flashes.

:spit::spit:Hilarious!:angel:

ColoradoDarin
03-10-2010, 06:37 PM
buyer beware on Mr. Lloyd. he has a well documented history of making fanbases hopeful before he reminds them that he can't catch the ball.

Yup, Lloyd can't catch passes thrown right to him.... and here's where I make a joke about a QB's accuracy (or lack thereof) helping out :wiggle: !Booya!

Drek
03-10-2010, 06:45 PM
:spit::spit:Hilarious!:angel:

What?

He might. Popps never specified how poor.

For all you know he meant street corner begging for change and half eaten fruit poor.

Which is about accurate.

I'm happy to have Lloyd back though actually, I think he'd be a good guy to take Royal's place out on the wing running the deep routes so we can put Royal in the slot where he belongs.

broncosteven
03-10-2010, 08:02 PM
I like Lloyd as a quality depth guy. I was really surprised he didn't play more last year but he seemed to acquit himself when he was out there.

I am beginning to see the light on mCd's strategy I just wish he (mCd) had a little more experience and wasn't learning on our dime. If the Marshall thing works out we could have a fun team to watch.