PDA

View Full Version : Projected Depth Chart as of 3/9/10

montrose
03-09-2010, 08:53 PM
QB: Kyle Orton*, Chris Simms, Tom Brandstater
RB: Knowshon Moreno, Correll Buckhalter, Peyton Hillis, JJ Arrington, Lance Ball, Bruce Hall
WR: Brandon Marshall*, Brandon Lloyd, Matthew Willis
WR: Eddie Royal, Brandon Stokley
WR: Jabar Gaffney, Kenny McKinley
TE: Daniel Graham, Tony Scheffler*, Richard Quinn, Marquez Branson
LT: Ryan Clady, Brandon Gorin
LG: Seth Olsen, Mitch Erickson
C: Russ Hochstein, Dustin Fry
RG: Chris Kuper*, Matt McChesney
RT: Ryan Harris, Tyler Polumbus, D'Anthony Batiste

DE: Justin Bannan. Ryan McBean
DE: Jarvis Green, Kenny Peterson, Marcus Thomas
NT: Jamal Williams, Ronnie Fields, Chris Baker, J'Vonne Parker
OLB: Elvis Dumervil*, Robert Ayers, Jarvis Moss
OLB: Mario Haggan, Darrell Reid, Baraka Atkins
ILB: Andra Davis, Spencer Larsen, Nick Greisen
ILB: DJ Williams, Wesley Woodyard
CB: Champ Bailey, Alphonso Smith
CB: Andre Goodman, Nathan Jones, Tony Carter
S: Renaldo Hill, David Bruton, Josh Barrett
S: Brian Dawkins, Darcel McBath

K: Matt Prater
P: Brandon Colquitt, AJ Trapasso
DS: Lonnie Paxton

* Tendered Restricted Free Agent (RFA) yet to sign

tsiguy96
03-09-2010, 08:59 PM
i know someone has that lombardi picture handy

broncs2bowl
03-09-2010, 09:06 PM
qb: Kyle orton*, chris simms, tom brandstater
rb: Knowshon moreno, correll buckhalter, peyton hillis, jj arrington, lance ball, bruce hall
wr: Brandon marshall*, brandon lloyd, matthew willis
wr: Eddie royal, brandon stokley
wr: Jabar gaffney, kenny mckinley
te: Daniel graham, tony scheffler*, richard quinn, marquez branson
lt: Ryan clady, brandon gorin
lg: Seth olsen, mitch erickson
c: Russ hochstein, dustin fry
rg: Chris kuper*, matt mcchesney
rt: Ryan harris, tyler polumbus, d'anthony batiste

de: Justin bannan. Ryan mcbean
de: Jarvis green, kenny peterson, marcus thomas
nt: Jamal williams, ronnie fields, chris baker, j'vonne parker
olb: Elvis dumervil*, robert ayers, jarvis moss
olb: Mario haggan, darrell reid, baraka atkins
ilb: Andra davis, spencer larsen, nick greisen
ilb: Dj williams, wesley woodyard
cb: Champ bailey, alphonso smith
cb: Andre goodman, nathan jones, tony carter
s: Renaldo hill, david bruton, josh barrett
s: Brian dawkins, darcel mcbath

k: Matt prater
p: Brandon colquitt, aj trapasso
ds: Lonnie paxton

* tendered restricted free agent (rfa) yet to sign

uhohhhhh

KevinJames
03-09-2010, 09:09 PM
flip the LG and C, this position will not stay the same for long I am guessing we sign Hadnot or KM from the Titans.

I would guess that Robert Ayers will probably gets many chances to be a starting OLB opposite of Doom and I think he will win the job.

I also think Ryan McBean might still have a shot at starting but he is going to have to show out because our new DL have what it takes to start.

Man-Goblin
03-09-2010, 09:10 PM
I'm thinking and hoping Ayers is a starting olb by game one.

Florida_Bronco
03-09-2010, 09:15 PM
Just FYI but Ayers plays SOLB. He wouldn't be behind Doom who is the WOLB.

Jekyll15Hyde
03-09-2010, 09:15 PM

agree... Need more firepower than what Haggan had last year. He wasnt bad but he wasnt a playmaker.

This front 7 is looking better and better each day. Lets hope Williams can remain healthy

GoHAM
03-09-2010, 09:21 PM
I think Olsen will fill in fine at one of the guard spots, or Hochstein will have another go at it. My BIG concern right now is center, who on our roster has much experience with that?

I made the transition in HS once from tackle to center and center is a completely different beast from guard or tackle. Of course that could have a lot to do with my general lack of athletic ability. Experience is key, especially at the NFL level.

I hope to god we draft a center early or sign an experienced NFL center.

I know Hochstein has experience @ C, but damn I'm not comfortable with him as the starting C.

Requiem
03-09-2010, 09:21 PM
Nice work. Can't wait to see how our roster looks with some great picks and URFA's.

Baba Booey
03-09-2010, 09:52 PM
Plug a few draft picks and a couple more free agents in there and it doesn't look bad at all.

robbieopperude
03-09-2010, 09:56 PM
Add McClain to ILB and maybe a new WR in Round 2 and we are looking better and better.

Kaylore
03-09-2010, 09:58 PM
uhohhhhh

Big time. We are in dire need of upgrade on our interior line. I pray we either trade or sign somebody or make it a top priority in the draft.

extralife
03-09-2010, 10:11 PM
chris simms no

SportinOne
03-09-2010, 11:41 PM
I have to say, I like the way this team is built right now. By no means are we ready for a run but it's a great foundation. Nothing wrong with signing stop gaps in order to have a solid product on the field. McClain would look really good in there. So would a better QB. But i digress...

Baba Booey
03-10-2010, 12:51 AM
I have to say, I like the way this team is built right now. By no means are we ready for a run but it's a great foundation. Nothing wrong with signing stop gaps in order to have a solid product on the field. McClain would look really good in there. So would a better QB. But i digress...

Agreed. They did a pretty good job last year of finding some established guys that kept us respectable and even did some damage. Nice to see McDaniels finding some more guys who look like they can do the same.

Assuming we take a DL or two in the first four rounds, we have some good depth in that regard. I'd also like to see a guy like McClain plugged into the middle of that veteran-laden defense. It will help that he won't have to run the show right away.

long beach bronco
03-10-2010, 04:24 AM
We are ready for a run, why wouldn't we be? We have just a good a chance as anybody. We still need a couple more playmakers on offense and we can get that through the draft. We can compete with anybody.

gyldenlove
03-10-2010, 07:00 AM
With the activity on the defensive line, I am warming up to Iupati more and more, he would be an instant starter on the LG position giving us maybe the best left side in all of football and certainly the one with the brightest future, that would allow Olsen to be moved to center which would give us a line of pure 300+ guys with a couple tipping the scales at 320+.

SoDak Bronco
03-10-2010, 07:08 AM
Our Defense has some age to it..geez

Dukes
03-10-2010, 07:11 AM
We REALLY need some depth at ILB

illbroncsfn
03-10-2010, 07:12 AM
With the activity on the defensive line, I am warming up to Iupati more and more, he would be an instant starter on the LG position giving us maybe the best left side in all of football and certainly the one with the brightest future, that would allow Olsen to be moved to center which would give us a line of pure 300+ guys with a couple tipping the scales at 320+.

X2

It would be a bit of an unprecedented move to draft a LG at #11- but could very well be the right move for us as an organization.

dbfan21
03-10-2010, 07:13 AM

I agree. Another thing I couldn't help but notice is that if Marshall is signed or traded away, then we have a huge need at WR. While I do not want us to draft Dez Bryant, we need to address WR no lower than the 4th round (provided BM is not a Bronco on draft day).

gyldenlove
03-10-2010, 07:43 AM
X2

It would be a bit of an unprecedented move to draft a LG at #11- but could very well be the right move for us as an organization.

Interestingly the success rate of 1st round offensive linemen is through the roof compared to other positions. Over the last 8 years or so the majority of players have been good or really good.

The last guard to be drafted in the top 10? Leonard Davies.

illbroncsfn
03-10-2010, 08:01 AM
Interestingly the success rate of 1st round offensive linemen is through the roof compared to other positions. Over the last 8 years or so the majority of players have been good or really good.

The last guard to be drafted in the top 10? Leonard Davies.

And Leonard Davis was drafted as a tackle.... Last true Guard I can recall off of the top of my head was Steve Hutchinson drafted by the Seahawks at I believe #18- that turned out pretty well in hindsight.

I fantasize about having a left side of the offensive line that would be worthy of the Walter Jones/Steve Hutchinson comparisons- can anyone say toss left!

ChSuperStar
03-10-2010, 08:02 AM
If we can get LG, ILB, WR and NT through the draft i will be very happy. I wish we signed thomas jones instead of JJ though.

gyldenlove
03-10-2010, 08:08 AM
And Leonard Davis was drafted as a tackle.... Last true Guard I can recall off of the top of my head was Steve Hutchinson drafted by the Seahawks at I believe #18- that turned out pretty well in hindsight.

I fantasize about having a left side of the offensive line that would be worthy of the Walter Jones/Steve Hutchinson comparisons- can anyone say toss left!

#17 for Hutch the same year as Davis, Davis was a guard when drafted, he played guard for the first 3 years of his career until in some misguided attempt the cards moved him to tackle, he was a Branden Albert clone with shorter arms.

Tombstone RJ
03-10-2010, 08:08 AM
The defensive line depth is just great. Get the oline shored up and then get the running game going. WR looks good only because Bmarsh is on the depth chart. Otherwise, all the other WR are just role players. If Bmarsh leaves Broncos have to make that first pick count and that either comes from Dez Bryant (another possible head case in waiting) or another draft pick. Either that or McD is gonna have to get the TEs more involved in the passing game...

TheDave
03-10-2010, 08:10 AM
First, Dline looks to be significantly improved.

But we need to turn our attention to the offensive line... Now. I'm hoppin that Olsen is the answer at guard. That and either we find a center or plan on using our #2 pick on one...

bowtown
03-10-2010, 08:21 AM
First, Dline looks to be significantly improved.

But we need to turn our attention to the offensive line... Now. I'm hoppin that Olsen is the answer at guard. That and either we find a center or plan on using our #2 pick on one...

Even using a high pick on one, I think we still have to go out and find a stopgap. Maybe Olsen is ready... but I somehow doubt it. I'd like to see Fraley or Mawae brought in for 2 years.

Paladin
03-10-2010, 09:13 AM
I don't think Hadnot has signed elsewhere yet. As I am sure you know, the C makes the line calls for blocking, and experience is needed there. While Hochstein is a stopgap, he does know the system. That could allow a young guy to learn, so drafting one would not be a disaster. There ought to be one available in the 2 or 3 rounds.

I'd like to see McClain in the first. I just think the time is now to put that D over the top for this next two or three years. Future drafts then would be geared towards all BPA, or trade downs to amass picks, anbd trade ups to get good players......

cousinal11
03-10-2010, 09:32 AM
chris simms no

Really. What's the hold up on his release?

Houshyamama
03-10-2010, 10:18 AM
RB: Knowshon Moreno, Correll Buckhalter, Peyton Hillis, JJ Arrington, Lance Ball, Bruce Hall

DE: Jarvis Green, Kenny Peterson, Marcus Thomas
NT: Jamal Williams, Ronnie Fields, Chris Baker, J'Vonne Parker
OLB: Elvis Dumervil*, Robert Ayers, Jarvis Moss
OLB: Mario Haggan, Darrell Reid, Baraka Atkins
ILB: Andra Davis, Spencer Larsen, Nick Greisen

A question:

Could Robert Ayers play opposite Dumervil?

And if not, I see that position as one of our greatest needs. I know Haggan was serviceable, but it would be great to have an impact player there as Davis and DJ are both solid.

montrose
03-11-2010, 05:37 PM
Updated as of 3/11

DE: Jarvis Green, Marcus Thomas
NT: Jamal Williams, Ronnie Fields, Chris Baker
OLB: Elvis Dumervil*, Jarvis Moss
OLB: Robert Ayers, Darrell Reid, Baraka Atkins
ILB: Mario Haggan, Spencer Larsen, Nick Greisen

Mogulseeker
03-11-2010, 07:44 PM

Yeah, but over Hagan.

Mogulseeker
03-11-2010, 07:45 PM
I'd rather Larsen start over Haggan.

colonelbeef
03-11-2010, 11:31 PM
Need a QB.

If McDaniels fails to fill the Cutler vacancy with somebody other than (read: better than) Orton by 2012, it will be his undoing.

strafen
03-11-2010, 11:51 PM
We need a center bad.
I like the kid from Boston College. He's rsted as the second best center in the draft.
He's a great candidate to take over the job when he's ready.

SoCalBronco
03-12-2010, 12:17 AM
I'd rather Larsen start over Haggan.

I agree.

The MVPlaya
03-12-2010, 12:32 AM
WTF is up with this Larsen starting at OLB BS? He's been JUNK at LB. He's a rotational/depth guy at most.

He hasn't shown any signs of being a serviceable LB at all. The only thing he's been good at is on special teams and his smash mouth tackles.

Larsen and Hillis probably have the same fan base here in Denver.

extralife
03-12-2010, 01:57 AM
Really. What's the hold up on his release?

obviously Andre Davis at 1.56 million was much worse than Chris Simms at 3. Good to know we got some priorities here in Denver.

watermock
03-12-2010, 02:00 AM
We need alot of shiat and did not get shiat last year.

Suddenly.we are devoid of picks.

We had 3 #1"s.

Cry me a river.

Kaylore
03-12-2010, 08:22 AM
Suddenly.we are devoid of picks.

You just make stuff up don't you? We are devoid of picks? We have the same number as every other team in the league starts with.

Old Dude
03-12-2010, 08:38 AM
I'm with TheDave on this one. Biggest need is interior O-Line. Free agency or draft, one way or the other it needs to be improved. Doesn't seem like that big of a task, frankly.

After that, I can see them going all kinds of ways, depending on how the Marshall and Dumervil situations play out.

montrose
03-15-2010, 12:33 AM
Updated as of 3/14

QB: Kyle Orton*, Brady Quinn, Chris Simms, Tom Brandstater
RB: Knowshon Moreno, Correll Buckhalter, JJ Arrington, Lance Ball, Bruce Hall

DE: Jarvis Green, Marcus Thomas
NT: Jamal Williams, Ronnie Fields, Chris Baker
OLB: Elvis Dumervil*, Jarvis Moss
OLB: Robert Ayers, Darrell Reid, Baraka Atkins
ILB: Mario Haggan, Spencer Larsen, Nick Greisen

P: Britton Colquitt, AJ Trapasso

UberBroncoMan
03-15-2010, 01:11 AM
I'd probably move Simms behind Brandstater seeing as how his $3 million ass is likely being cut. I don't see McDaniels releasing Brandstater, even if it's in an attempt to get him on a practice squad.