PDA

View Full Version : Would You Want a Humbled Brandon Marshall?

*WARHORSE*
03-09-2010, 02:31 PM
Im not starting a BM thread just to start one.

Well, maybe I am.

Crap.:coffee:

But in looking at everything that has come to our eyes and ears in the past couple of months, Im thinking Brandon may very well mean it when he says hes willing to play in Denver.

Did the Broncos really offer him a deal worth 9 plus mil a year?

Did he really think he is going to command more?

Does he, or his agent understand just how damaging a little video of him punting balls in practice can be?

Does he really think catching 100 plus balls again erases those images?

Did he really think that coaches who watched McD bench him in the final game were going to look favorably on him because of that? Does he think that MRIs that show no damage on your supposedly injured hamstring doesnt make coaches blink?

And if they do, and they think theres a possibility that you were faking it for your own selfish reasons, dont you know thats a death sentence in most organizations viewpoints?

My thoughts are this: IF, and thats a big IF........Brandon is hearing an offer on the table from Seattle that is not more than what the Broncos offered last year, and hes seeing that no one is jumping through hoops to sign him.......is it possible he is starting to see himself without the #15 sunglasses on?

And if thats the case.....and hes being humbled by it.....is it possible that he can rediscover his early career attitude of wanting to be a HOFer and hunker down and play ball?

IF he gets an awesome deal from Denver, not the mega deal that makes him the highest paid WR in the league, but one like Mr. White in Atlantas, and he ends up being content with that.......TRULY content.....Id love to keep him if he had a new view.

When you dont hear anyone stepping up to the plate to give you 10 million a year.......all of a sudden 9.5 million a year sounds REALLY.......REALLY good doesnt it?

The question is this: If we had a humbled out, team player, hard working Brandon Marshall not only willing to play in Denver but WANTING to play in Denver..........wouldnt this be the best case scenario?

Would you want him in that scenario or the 6th pick?

Cool Breeze
03-09-2010, 02:33 PM
No brainer - If he kept his nose clean - I would want Brandon everyday!

jsco70
03-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Regardless of all that has happened, the Broncos are a better team with him. I'd like to see him come back, grow up, and become the type of player he's capable of.

*WARHORSE*
Now I need to ask you another question:

If we had that Brandon......the humbled one......and he was signed long term........what do you think he would do if he found out his fiance, or new bride was out riding other horses?

Do you really think he would be able to keep his anger in check?

Or do you think he would go blank on her?

That scenario is in the minds of every team that looks at Brandon.

Frankly....look at what that would lead to.

Paladin
How humbled? Enough to sign the tender and play?

*WARHORSE*
03-09-2010, 02:36 PM
How humbled? Enough to sign the tender and play?

Now THATS humble.

Too humble I think to be a possibility.

Paladin
03-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Maybe he does the riding on strange?

chaz
The problem with the contract we offered him had little to do with the yearly salary and much more to do with the almost nonexistant portion of guaranteed money included in it. 9.5M/year is great unless none of it is guaranteed and you blow out your knee in OTAs.

*WARHORSE*
Maybe he does the riding on strange?

And then she goes off?

Possible.

*WARHORSE*
03-09-2010, 02:40 PM
The problem with the contract we offered him had little to do with the yearly salary and much more to do with the almost nonexistant portion of guaranteed money included in it. 9.5M/year is great unless none of it is guaranteed and you blow out your knee in OTAs.

But if no one else is offering you better, or theyre not giving you large guarantees as well......all of a sudden your mindset can take a shift in view.

rastaman
03-09-2010, 02:48 PM
Im not starting a BM thread just to start one.

Well, maybe I am.

Crap.:coffee:

But in looking at everything that has come to our eyes and ears in the past couple of months, Im thinking Brandon may very well mean it when he says hes willing to play in Denver.

Did the Broncos really offer him a deal worth 9 plus mil a year?

Did he really think he is going to command more?

Does he, or his agent understand just how damaging a little video of him punting balls in practice can be?

Does he really think catching 100 plus balls again erases those images?

Did he really think that coaches who watched McD bench him in the final game were going to look favorably on him because of that? Does he think that MRIs that show no damage on your supposedly injured hamstring doesnt make coaches blink?

And if they do, and they think theres a possibility that you were faking it for your own selfish reasons, dont you know thats a death sentence in most organizations viewpoints?

My thoughts are this: IF, and thats a big IF........Brandon is hearing an offer on the table from Seattle that is not more than what the Broncos offered last year, and hes seeing that no one is jumping through hoops to sign him.......is it possible he is starting to see himself without the #15 sunglasses on?

And if thats the case.....and hes being humbled by it.....is it possible that he can rediscover his early career attitude of wanting to be a HOFer and hunker down and play ball?

IF he gets an awesome deal from Denver, not the mega deal that makes him the highest paid WR in the league, but one like Mr. White in Atlantas, and he ends up being content with that.......TRULY content.....Id love to keep him if he had a new view.

When you dont hear anyone stepping up to the plate to give you 10 million a year.......all of a sudden 9.5 million a year sounds REALLY.......REALLY good doesnt it?

The question is this: If we had a humbled out, team player, hard working Brandon Marshall not only willing to play in Denver but WANTING to play in Denver..........wouldnt this be the best case scenario?

Would you want him in that scenario or the 6th pick?

Here's the scenario of how Brandon must HUMBLE himself!

Brandon must stay out of trouble off the field. However, he shouldn't be motivated to come in and play HARD and return to his Beastly Performance if he's not getting paid in comenserate with his production on the field over the last 3 years! Denver has already gotten high production off Marshall while paying him peanuts over the last 3 years. Now its time for Marshall to stop givning Denver top 5 WR's performance untill Bowlen pays him for his production. Meaning Marshall should play and perform like a WR in the NFL that is making $3.0 million.

It's obvious the only way now for Brandon to one day receive the contract he desires is not by playing HARD and perhaps risk injury trying to make those YACs into highlight reels, but it comes down to staying healthy and ensuring LONGEVITY.

You play HARD and give it your all b/c you know you have signed the financial secured contract that will take care of him and his family should he suffer a career ending injury btwn 2010, 2011, and 2012.

However, when you sign a series of one year contracts.......your career could end on a single play and poof! There goes the opportunity to land that big contract. Bowlen doesn't want to take the financial risk.....yet Bowlen expects Marshall to take the INJURY RISK every Sunday and on every play over a 16 to 20 week period.

Brandon should now realize that catching over 300 passes in 3 years does not gurantee a top 5 NFL contract. Marshall should concentrate on leaving Denver and doing everything possible to try and have a 13-16 year career in the NFL.

Remember, staying healthy, staying out of trouble off the field and career longevity are the keys that ensures Marshall earns his 10's of millions. Making circus catches, using his size and athletic agility to make YACs to thrill the crowds (who really loath him) and risking injury for a HC and Owner who are low balling him salary wise, should all tell Marshall that he needs to leave Denver ASAP! while continuing to play the game as a business and as if he wants to have a 13-16 year career.

NFLBRONCO
03-09-2010, 02:54 PM
I'd rather have Marshall but, as every day passes I wonder if 6th pick would be better idea longterm. Unless we sign him soon we will be right where we are today but, ufa instead of rfa.

Crushaholic
03-09-2010, 02:55 PM
There's no doubt he is a talented player. If he stays out of trouble, he could go down as one of the greatest Broncos ever. If he's not willing to stay out of trouble, the headaches caused by him aren't worth it...

rastaman
03-09-2010, 03:16 PM
There's no doubt he is a talented player. If he stays out of trouble, he could go down as one of the greatest Broncos ever. If he's not willing to stay out of trouble, the headaches caused by him aren't worth it...

If he stays out of trouble he may not want be a Bronco anymore. Why would Marshall want to stay in Denver after all that has transpired? There very well could have irreputable damage and harm already done and both sides.

BroncoMan4ever
03-09-2010, 05:02 PM
i would love to have talent like Marshall on the team, but it isn't on the field that is a problem for me. outside of the TC instance and final game of the season, on the field the guy has been good for us, and he is generally a good teammate and goes all out on every play.

for me it is his off field bull**** that has him in a situation where he is 1 **** up away from sitting out half a season, and prefering we get the number 6 pick instead of him. sure a humbled Marshall is great during practice and at games, but does it make him any different when he is away from the team?

WABronco
03-09-2010, 05:14 PM
I'm sure this time he'll be humbled.

If humble is even the right word, that is.

oubronco
03-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Now I need to ask you another question:

If we had that Brandon......the humbled one......and he was signed long term........what do you think he would do if he found out his fiance, or new bride was out riding other horses?

Do you really think he would be able to keep his anger in check?

Or do you think he would go blank on her?

That scenario is in the minds of every team that looks at Brandon.

Frankly....look at what that would lead to.

what would any man do?

SouthStndJunkie
03-09-2010, 06:00 PM
I'll take the 100+ catches year in and year out over an unproven first round pick.

NYBronco
03-09-2010, 06:07 PM
I'll take a chance on an unproven first round pick without character issues. BM has proven his high risk off the field actions to the point of not being on the field when the team needs him.

Garcia Bronco
03-09-2010, 06:09 PM
There is no right answer here. However the favorable option is Brandon learns to control himself as a peson and player and he gets paid.

Bronco Boy
03-09-2010, 06:21 PM
No, because the next day he would go back to being a selfish prick.

Swedish Extrovert
03-09-2010, 06:22 PM
Honestly, I think Marshall gets an undeserved bad rep. There are definitely some things wrong with him, and when thrust into fame and fortune as he has been, things can get to your head. But I really don't see a head case in BM - I see a guy who genuinely wants to do the right thing, and I think as he grows up and matures as a person, he will be an extremely scary player for opposing defenses.

Natedog24
03-09-2010, 06:23 PM
If you could guarantee me that BM wanted to be here and help bring a Superbowl to Denver, then hell yes he is absolutely worth keeping here. However, I find it hard to believe that he wants to be in Denver at this point based on his past actions.

OrangeShadow
03-09-2010, 06:23 PM
Hell yeah i want brandon on this team

strafen
03-09-2010, 06:26 PM
He's gone a year without getting into any kind of trouble.
That must feel like a lifetime to him LOL

Let's hope he doesn't start going into withdrawals anytime soon. ROFL!

StugotsIII
03-09-2010, 06:57 PM
What's the best way to humble a bratty off the field troublemaker?

Give him millions upon millions of dollars.

Yeah...that'll show'em!

Dedhed
03-09-2010, 07:00 PM
Would you want Orton with Elway's arm and intangibles?

rastaman
03-09-2010, 07:04 PM
Brandon might place himself on "The Mentally Unable To Perform" on the grounds of Clinical Depression with a doctor to back him up by the 9th game of the season.

Imagine the Mental-Clinical Depression all disappering when he gets the contract he's desiring and a team thats willing to pay it.

dbfan21
03-10-2010, 08:09 AM
If there was a guarantee that he wouldn't have any run-in's with the law (and subsequently, the league), he was a hard worker in the weight room/film room and on the field and was a team-first guy, I would love to give him $9-10M per year for the next 5 years, with a $16M guaranteed signing bonus.

TheDave
03-10-2010, 08:15 AM
End result... We are a better team with Marshall. If we want a shot at the playoffs then we need him.

HILife
03-10-2010, 08:17 AM
Rather have Marshall, but, well, you know.

OBF1
03-10-2010, 09:31 AM
pass on BM and get #6

Play2win
03-10-2010, 10:49 AM
I think trouble will find Marshal if he stays in Denver, but if he finds a new home, I think there is a good chance he can settle down and stay out of trouble.

I don't think it has anything to do with Denver, but has a lot to do with Brandon. I pretty much think its psychological. I think there is a stress issue with Brandon and living in Denver because of various reasons and things that have happened. Different people have different ways of dealing with stress. It seems that Brandon tends to get into trouble when he deals with stress.

broncocalijohn
03-10-2010, 11:03 AM
No brainer - If he kept his nose clean - I would want Brandon everyday!

I thought we were getting this after the Training camp incident. Seems everything changed when we needed him the most. Whatever happens, I am fine with it. BM is very talented and an asset on the field. Can we handle more off the field crap again? It might have run its course.

Meck77
03-10-2010, 11:13 AM
I think handing $10,000,000 to a person who is already unstable is a very risky proposition. Yes we are a better team with Brandon on the field but that is if he can stay on the field. I mean really. The dude just finds trouble. Add 10 milskis to the equation and my gut says he'll find more trouble. The league will not hesitate to throw the book at him once and for all. Then what?

He has given us nothing to suggest he can stay out of trouble. For ****s sake the team leaders decided it was better to bench his ass then to have him play? Have you all forgotten that? Everyone here thinks they know what is going on but we just don't.

I trust the leaders of this team and Coach McD to call the shots.

Hogan11
03-10-2010, 11:27 AM
pass on BM and get #6

and if that's not possible, pass on BM and get #14

TailgateNut
03-10-2010, 11:30 AM
and if that's not possible, pass on BM and get #14

:thumbs:...or just pass him like a gall stone.....it'll hurt for a little while, but in the long run it's the best thing to do for the "system".;D

bombay
03-10-2010, 11:37 AM
I want any Brandon Marshall. Don't need him to be humbled.

I worry about his safety in Denver, though, and the right thing would probably be to get him out of town.

oubronco
03-10-2010, 12:21 PM
this offense would suck ass without BM