PDA

View Full Version : Nose Tackles

KCStud
03-09-2010, 11:35 AM
What are your thoughts on this years NT's? Which one(s) would you want your team to draft?

We've got

Dan Williams Tennessee
Terrence "Mount" Cody BAMA
Cam Thomas UNC
Torell Troup Central Florida
Linval Joseph East Carolina
Jeff Owens Georgia(Strongest DL at combine) is reportedly 310 lbs now

HAT
03-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Going with the assumption that Denver doesn't obtain extra picks....

I'd be fine with either:

Williams at #11 and hope Spikes is still OTB at #45

OR

McClain at #11 and hope Thomas is still OTB at #45

Ray Finkle
03-09-2010, 11:44 AM
I'd like Dan Williams at 11 and any of Lee/C/BPA at 45.

KCStud
03-09-2010, 11:45 AM
Going with the assumption that Denver doesn't obtain extra picks....

I'd be fine with either:

Williams at #11 and hope Spikes is still OTB at #45

OR

McClain at #11 and hope Thomas is still OTB at #45

That would be great for you guys. I think Williams has maxed out to his potential, but has decent upside.
I'm really high on Cam Thomas though. The kid is a sleeper. He looked very good at the Senior Bowl and is very athletic for a big guy.

bowtown
03-09-2010, 11:49 AM
I'm really high on Cam Thomas though. The kid is a sleeper. He looked very good at the Senior Bowl and is very athletic for a big guy.

I hate agreeing with you.

gunns
03-09-2010, 01:03 PM
I'd like Williams but if not I'd like Thomas.

Just say no to Cody.

Mogulseeker
03-09-2010, 01:30 PM
I want that morbidly obese guy from Alabama.

cmhargrove
03-09-2010, 01:36 PM
I want that morbidly obese guy from Alabama.

Our team needs more.........boobs.

Bigdawg26
03-09-2010, 01:38 PM
If we sign Jamal Williams then I would be ok with us drafting Terrence Cody in the second round to use as a rotational NG and to learn behind Jamal Williams.

DenverBroncosJM
03-09-2010, 02:04 PM
If we sign J Williams, I think we go Mcclain in the first and Cody or interior ol in the second.

want2bAbronco2
03-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Williams, Cody, and Thomas i like. Williams at 11 i think is to high though. I would like to trade down 5-8 and get another 2nd and take Williams there.

Doggcow
03-09-2010, 02:15 PM
I don't want Dan Williams. I think he costs too much at 11, and I don't think he's an exceptional specimen.

ZONA
03-09-2010, 02:57 PM
I think one of the reasons why McD might be looking at Jamal is he knows there will be no value at picking a NT at #11. Suh and McCoy will be gone and #11 is way too high for Williams, Thomas or anybody else. Maybe the best way of doing this is just sign Jamal for a short contract, use the 1st round pick on something else (maybe LB or whatever), then hopefully we can find a NT in the 2nd round. Who knows, maybe Cody or Thomas are still there at #45. There is no doubt that Troup and Owens will be there at #45.

Doggcow
03-09-2010, 02:58 PM
Thank god we signed Jamal, now I don't have to worry about us overdrafting Dan Williams!

strafen
03-09-2010, 02:59 PM
I like Terrence Cody.
Good school at Alabama for playing football.
Not sure where he's rated at in the draft.
Anybody knows?

broncosteven
03-09-2010, 03:44 PM
I think one of the reasons why McD might be looking at Jamal is he knows there will be no value at picking a NT at #11. Suh and McCoy will be gone and #11 is way too high for Williams, Thomas or anybody else. Maybe the best way of doing this is just sign Jamal for a short contract, use the 1st round pick on something else (maybe LB or whatever), then hopefully we can find a NT in the 2nd round. Who knows, maybe Cody or Thomas are still there at #45. There is no doubt that Troup and Owens will be there at #45.

I wonder if we now have the option of moving up and grabbing a QB depending on what happens with Marshall.

I think JWill is the 2nd best DLineman in FA. We now have a lot of depth on Dline and can address C, G, LB and maybe QB in the Draft, oh and if Marshall is gone WR.

GoBroncos84
03-09-2010, 03:55 PM
My current favorites are Dan Williams and Linval Joseph. Cody is high risk high reward, I wouldn't take him in the 1st but would consider him in the 2nd. Cam Thomas looks good. There is definitely talent at NT in this draft, it just depends on where you are looking to take them. Joseph in the 3rd or 4th represents the best value, I think.

long beach bronco
03-09-2010, 03:56 PM
If Marshall goes, then it's Dez Bryant I think in round one. McD might shock the world and take CJ Spiller, stranger things have happened.

Doggcow
03-09-2010, 03:56 PM
If Marshall goes, then it's Dez Bryant I think in round one. McD might shock the world and take CJ Spiller, stranger things have happened.

Best Player Available approach works for me.

GoBroncos84
03-09-2010, 04:03 PM

With all of these reports coming out about Bryant being late to practices and games and having questionable character, and he does have quite an ego on him, I just don't see Josh taking him that high. If you are going to draft a poor man's version of Brandon Marshall, why not just pay Brandon Marshall...

Drek
03-09-2010, 05:13 PM

Why would that shock the world though?

The Panthers drafted Jonathan Smith just a couple years after taking Deangelo Williams in the first round as well. The Titans took Chris Johnson just a few years after taking Lendale White early in the 2nd. Minnesota used the 7th overall pick on AD right after Chester Taylor went for 1200 yards for them.

If there is any one truism to the NFL the last few years its that you can never have too many talented backs.

If CJ Spiller actually slides to 11 I wouldn't be at all surprised if we took him. He and Moreno would be a deadly tandem for years to come, especially as we begin to fully realize McDaniels' goal of a big, smash mouth OL to lead block for them.

ayjackson
03-09-2010, 05:27 PM
I think Spiller is the only "special" player that may still be available at 11. I wouldn't be opposed to taking him. I wouldn't be opposed to trading down either. Jamal takes Dan out of the Williams NT equation for me.

I don't have an opinion on McClain. I just can't make up my mind on him.

GoBroncos84
03-09-2010, 05:42 PM
I think Spiller is the only "special" player that may still be available at 11. I wouldn't be opposed to taking him. I wouldn't be opposed to trading down either. Jamal takes Dan out of the Williams NT equation for me.

I don't have an opinion on McClain. I just can't make up my mind on him.

I'd be happy with McClain or Williams at 11. Trading down and taking Iupati or Pouncey later in the 1st would also be good. Those are probably my favorite scenarios. However, I think Spiller is this drafts Percy Harvin. He is a gamebreaker. Running the ball, catching the ball out of the backfield, or returning kicks. Every time he touches it, he is dangerous. Not an inside runner, but teamed with Moreno that could be one hell of a combo. I would not be upset with that pick now that we have made some upgrades to the d-line.

Mogulseeker
03-09-2010, 05:53 PM
Why don't we do a poll? I seriously wan't a total fatty that can dominate the line, and is incapable say the words "I'll just have a salad" on our team.

Beantown Bronco
03-10-2010, 05:22 AM
I think Williams has maxed out to his potential, but has decent upside.

Ummm, what? By definition if you have maxed out your potential, then you actually have no upside.

Garcia Bronco
03-10-2010, 05:30 AM
I think we set at NT now.

long beach bronco
03-10-2010, 05:37 AM
It might shock the world if McD took Spiller because he would be another RB that McD has taken in the first round. I would love the pick myself, we need a gamebreaker in here.

long beach bronco
03-10-2010, 05:44 AM
I agree defensively for the 2010 season, we are set. 2011 and beyond will take care of themselves with it's own drafts and free agent targets. We need to concentrate on getting some speed in here on offense, Spiller at RB and A. Benn at WR would be home run picks in my book.