PDA

View Full Version : **** Editors

Doggcow
03-09-2010, 11:24 AM
Seriously.

I just wrote my column for the newspaper, and then, after the editor sent it to presses, I find out I said Cromartie whiffed costing the Jets the playoff game and that we traded this years first for seattles 2nd this year....

Also that the Jets and Ravens signed some big free agents...

God damned ****.

I'm pissed.

Kaylore
03-09-2010, 11:27 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=8496&dateline=1262762479
I just looked closer at this and lol'd.

Chris
03-09-2010, 11:28 AM
I'm confused by this post. And why are you ignoring my skills in Bad Company 2?

UberBroncoMan
03-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Seriously.

I just wrote my column for the newspaper, and then, after the editor sent it to presses, I find out I said Cromartie whiffed costing the Jets the playoff game and that we traded this years first for seattles 2nd this year....

God damned ****.

I'm pissed.

Editors have driven me crazy too. Having to edit, edits is annoying as hell. Fix any grammar issues and leave it at that... maybe contact you about information that is deemed potentially inaccurate.

I feel bad for the edits made in your name though. Those are really bad.

Garcia Bronco
03-09-2010, 11:56 AM
I didn't think editors were actully supposed to change content of the writer. Why have a writer? And why only give the writer credit for the story when they didn't actually write all of it?

Pick Six
03-09-2010, 12:57 PM
I didn't think editors were actully supposed to change content of the writer. Why have a writer? And why only give the writer credit for the story when they didn't actually write all of it?

That's just it. A responsible editor is there to fix grammar, sentence structure, and other technical issues. They are not supposed to change content. Doggcow has a horrible editor, IMO...

Doggcow
03-09-2010, 01:06 PM
I'm just working for a small paper atm, so one editor edits everything. I don't think it was intentional, he just got mixed up. But, I'm the one that looks like an idiot now.

Anyone with some common sense will probably be able to decipher the wording, but it still pisses me off for resumes, I'm just going to use my original copy.

ghwk
03-09-2010, 01:18 PM
Seriously.

God damned ****.

I'm pissed.

I just read an article by you that said the Broncos have already drafted Tebow in the first round....:welcome:

This thread has potential :yayaya: