PDA

View Full Version : Troubled Marshall not worth gamble

chex
03-09-2010, 06:39 AM
From The News tribune...

Exploring every possible opportunity to improve your roster amounts to due diligence for new management striving to rebuild a struggling NFL franchise.

But trying to do it with the likes of Brandon Marshall would be inviting headaches, risks and potential public-relations nightmares in exchange for questionable gains.

Aside from being a distracting malcontent with the Denver Broncos, Marshall’s history of arrests includes disorderly conduct, drunken driving, and, most alarmingly, a number of incidents of alleged domestic violence … with two different women.

I don’t care how talented this guy is, or how badly the Seahawks need a receiver, or how many of the charges against him have been dropped, this much involvement with domestic-violence charges should be an absolute non-negotiable deal-breaker from the start.

Seahawks: You looked him over, now let him be somebody else’s problem.

The Seahawks have not made an offer for the restricted free agent, but they did invite him up for a visit last weekend. At the least, it means they’re considering surrendering the first-round draft pick it would take to get him from the Broncos – a team that has grown weary of his antics.

Deposed Seahawks president Tim Ruskell placed primacy on character when acquiring players. As the team slipped to nine wins in the past two seasons, it was easy to criticize Ruskell for going too far in search of Eagle Scouts.

With coach Pete Carroll and general manager John Schneider now in charge, it’s obvious Ruskell’s character mandate is no longer the first criterion when shopping for talent.

The notion these are the “new” Seahawks was reinforced Monday with reports that long-time back-up quarterback Seneca Wallace had been traded to Cleveland, to be reunited with his old coach, Mike Holmgren, who now runs the Browns franchise.

While Marshall is a player with three consecutive 100-catch seasons, he also has been suspended by both the NFL and the Broncos for his behavior.

ESPN’s “Outside the Lines” program did a detailed report on Marshall’s issues with a long-time girlfriend, digging up police reports of seven cases of alleged domestic violence. Some involved dueling reports, and in most cases charges weren’t pressed.

Almost all are disputed, and nobody can be certain what went on behind closed doors, but there are frightening 911 tapes that appear to tell of violent episodes involving Marshall. Search YouTube for the full accounts.

He was arrested in 2007 and charged with false imprisonment and domestic violence, charges which were dropped after he completed an anger-management class.

Just a bad relationship with one woman?

Last March he and another woman, his fiancée, were arrested after a public fight in which several witnesses, including an off-duty policeman, reported seeing them “kicking and punching each other.” The case was dismissed. But that doesn’t look like managed anger.

He also was on hand for the New Year’s Day 2007 altercation that led to the fatal shooting of teammate Darrent Williams.

Some fans will be more interested in his ability to catch the ball and help the team win games. I’m not convinced of that, either.

As Marshall pulled in 307 catches the past three seasons, Denver went 23-25 and never made the playoffs.

You also might find some enlightening video on-line showing Marshall’s disruptive behavior during Broncos’ practice, where his pouting and petulance had to divert the focus of everybody on the field. This is not a guy who is going to put the needs of the team anywhere near the top of his own agenda.

There are several connections between Marshall and the new Seahawks staff. Offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates and quarterback coach Jedd Fisch previously were on the Denver staff. They must see value in at least taking a look at Marshall.

Carroll, though, will be the man making the decision on Marshall. As I researched a recent feature story on Carroll, I was impressed by his genuine efforts to help those who work to rehabilitate criminal offenders.

This is a coach for whom second-chances and human redemption are not just talk. This might make Carroll the coach in the league best suited to face the challenges Marshall presents.

But Marshall has had a number of chances already. He’s not worth the risk.

The Seahawks did not make him an offer before he left. Good. Here’s hoping he doesn’t come back.

Dave Boling: 253-597-8440

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/03/09/1102052/troubled-marshall-not-worth-gamble.html

barryr
03-09-2010, 06:50 AM
I wouldn't give up a high draft choice and a big money contract to Marshall. Not until he can go a season or two without stupid mistakes and problems.

Popcorn Sutton
03-09-2010, 07:12 AM
But but but..... it's all about the play on the field. All that other stuff doesn't factor in... Brandon Marshall has all the risk!!!

LOL.

Paladin
03-09-2010, 07:18 AM
I hope he can read that article. Do you think his agent did? How honest with him do you think the agent would be? If he was offered for a conditional 2nd, he'd be gone, IF the new team wrote a contract that would protect the teams' finances.

Hogan11
03-09-2010, 07:28 AM
But but but..... it's all about the play on the field. All that other stuff doesn't factor in... Brandon Marshall has all the risk!!!

LOL.

Yeah, no kidding. Reality is now slapping down such opinions......hard.

watermock
03-09-2010, 07:51 AM
People that thought BM was going to get #6 were living in fantasy, those who thought he was worth a 1 and 3 were insane.

We will get the #14, conditional.

go_broncos
03-09-2010, 07:58 AM
Good..I want Marshall to play in Denver.
Screw Mcd and his draft picks

strafen
03-09-2010, 08:10 AM

LOL.I don't think anybody here has ever said his playing on the field trumps his problems off the field.
At least that's what it sounds like you're trying to imply.

Marshall is what, 25?
He's got ways to go before he can mature. Staying out of trouble would be a nice start.

Popcorn Sutton
03-09-2010, 08:18 AM
I don't think anybody here has ever said his playing on the field trumps his problems off the field.
At least that's what it sounds like you're trying to imply.

Marshall is what, 25?
He's got ways to go before he can mature. Staying out of trouble would be a nice start.

Please, Rasta has been saying it for the last year.

Dukes
03-09-2010, 08:22 AM
*Waiting for Rasta to come in here and make a joke of himself defending Marshall

bfoflcommish
03-09-2010, 08:32 AM
*Waiting for Rasta to come in here and make a joke of himself defending Marshall

I swear I can never read a single one of your posts...good god who is in your avy!

oubronco
03-09-2010, 08:42 AM
Me likes Boobies

Tombstone RJ
03-09-2010, 08:44 AM
Clearly it's an opinion piece. It's fluff with little substance.

Dukes
03-09-2010, 08:45 AM
I swear I can never read a single one of your posts...good god who is in your avy!

Good thing I don't post that much ;D

bowtown
03-09-2010, 09:04 AM
People that thought BM was going to get #6 were living in fantasy, those who thought he was worth a 1 and 3 were insane.

We will get the #14, conditional.

Conditional on what? The number of starts he has by the time the draft rolls around?

worm
03-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Should we review all the Chicago articles that were written about Cutler not being worth it for the Bears prior to him being traded?

I still think Seattle ends up with him.

bfoflcommish
03-09-2010, 09:24 AM
good thing i don't post that much ;d

how is that a good thing?

TheDave
03-09-2010, 09:34 AM
I have this terrible feeling someone like the Jets will sign him about 2 weeks before the draft...

DenverBrit
03-09-2010, 09:39 AM
Teams have the same problem as Denver.

Getting BM signed without big guarantees..........with a potential lockout looming as well.

baja
03-09-2010, 10:23 AM

<b>We will get the #14, conditional.

So how does that work Mock?

TonyR
03-09-2010, 10:26 AM
I have this terrible feeling someone like the Jets will sign him about 2 weeks before the draft...

The Jets are the one team I could actually see doing this. A legit contender that could use a top tier WR and doesn't have many other glaring needs to fill in the draft. I suppose you could try to make a case for Minnesota, Dallas and maybe even New England but the Jets make the most sense.

Caligula
03-09-2010, 10:30 AM
So this opinion piece is not considered fact?

The problem is, McD didn't help the matters last year with his public airing of the dirty laundry between he and Marshall. Now everyone knows that Denver will get rid of Marshall. ITs completely taken away from the value. No one is falling for McD's "we'll just play with him if the value isn't right" speel. No one believes it, because its obviously BS. McD completely ruined the value of any trade last season, and now will have to accept lower value for him.... probably a 2nd.

watermock
03-09-2010, 10:34 AM
Sheffter is an idiot.

His assertion that they would give up a 6th is allready proven nonsense, we had a whole debate about it allready.

We had people debating if he was BPA! For 60M? **** me!

He's worth 15m/60 over 5.

GET A CLUE:

The owners are allready in lockdown mode.

DenverBrit
03-09-2010, 10:36 AM

The problem is, McD didn't help the matters last year with his public airing of the dirty laundry between he and Marshall. Now everyone knows that Denver will get rid of Marshall. ITs completely taken away from the value. No one is falling for McD's "we'll just play with him if the value isn't right" speel. No one believes it, because its obviously BS. McD completely ruined the value of any trade last season, and now will have to accept lower value for him.... probably a 2nd.

....or just keep him.

I've seen nothing to indicate that the Broncos want to trade BM.....the tender is looking more like a way to set a realistic market value for him.
The 9.5 mill per year Denver offered is probably beginning to look pretty good to BM right now.

watermock
03-09-2010, 10:38 AM

Beavis is an idiot.

Paladin
03-09-2010, 10:40 AM
It's all McD's fault? RIIIIIIIIGGGGHTTTT!

Dagmar
03-09-2010, 10:41 AM
Beavis is an idiot.

Sheffter is an idiot.
Says the guy who cannot spell his name.

McDaniels is an idiot.

Mock is the smartest man alive!!!

Archer81
03-09-2010, 10:42 AM

Wow.

You are rather delusional, arent you.

:Broncos:

Pony Boy
03-09-2010, 10:43 AM

True, but it's kind of like trying to live with a toothache, you just want someone to pull the damn thing and get it over with.

watermock
03-09-2010, 11:16 AM
Sheffter is an idiot.
Says the guy who cannot spell his name.

McDaniels is an idiot.

Mock is the smartest man alive!!!

Your anal. Buy some intellect.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7810

Recent Career Receiving Rushing Fumbles
Year Team G Rec Yds Y/G Avg Lng YAC 1stD TD Rush Yds Y/G Avg TD Fum FumL
2007 Denver 16 49 549 34.3 11.2 41 4.5 29 5 0 0 0.0 N/A 0 1 1
2008 Denver 13 40 645 49.6 16.1 72 5.2 28 3 1 -1 -0.1 -1.0 0 1 1
2009 Denver 15 31 416 27.7 13.4 52 6.0 19 2 0 0 0.0 N/A 0 0 0
Career Totals (Full) 57 138 1896 33.3 13.7 72 5.0 91 14 2 2 0.0 1.0 0 2 2

Last updated through games completed on Feb 7, 2010

That's right moron, along with BM and Royal,and Graham.

Not to mention the best pass blocking.

Don't cry. Daddy is going to make it all good

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-09-2010, 11:17 AM

Dagmar
03-09-2010, 11:22 AM

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3015/youredm7.jpg

Caligula
03-09-2010, 11:31 AM
Wow.

You are rather delusional, arent you.

Oh? How so? Explain to me where I'm wrong.

ZONA
03-09-2010, 11:31 AM
....or just keep him.

I've seen nothing to indicate that the Broncos want to trade BM.....the tender is looking more like a way to set a realistic market value for him.
The 9.5 mill per year Denver offered is probably beginning to look pretty good to BM right now.

I have a funny feeling also that McD would rather keep Marshall at a decent price then having him find another home in return for a 1st round pick.

F that artcle by chumpster. There is just as much risk in drafting an unknown player as their is in BM. That player could turn out to be a bust and/or have their own set of off the field problems. At least with BM you know the proven talent and production is there.

Archer81
03-09-2010, 11:34 AM
Oh? How so? Explain to me where I'm wrong.

You take an op-ed piece written for a seattle paper talking about the negatives Brandon Marshall brings and turned it into a way to bash McDaniels for ruining his trade value...its a **** argument, and a reach.

That is why you are wrong/delusional.

Caligula
03-09-2010, 11:51 AM
You take an op-ed piece written for a seattle paper talking about the negatives Brandon Marshall brings and turned it into a way to bash McDaniels for ruining his trade value...its a **** argument, and a reach.

That is why you are wrong/delusional.

again... wrong and delusional on what, exactly?

Archer81
03-09-2010, 11:52 AM
again... wrong and delusional on what, exactly?

Explain how Marshall beating a woman's ass, or causing fights at night clubs or "slipping" on McDonalds bags equals McDaniels lessening his trade value.

Caligula
03-09-2010, 12:03 PM
Explain how Marshall beating a woman's ass, or causing fights at night clubs or "slipping" on McDonalds bags equals McDaniels lessening his trade value.

I didn't say any of that. I didn't say marshall didn't have some stake in his benching, nor his problems.

However. People remember the most recent, when it comes to anyone. Whether it be your kids, your friends, your parents, or your mate. Life is built abour the "what have you done lately." Its the most natural thing to rmember what was last.

Marshall had a phenominal season. McD and Marshall had seemed to be getting along, and both seemed to be playing the part. But McD's "expression of our dirty laundry" to the media, in the LAST game of the season, was about as big a rookie mistake as you can make.

He could have used a hundred different reasons for sitting him, and even if the reasons came out later, it wouldn't have be as damaging as him coming publicly. Questioning his toughness, and insinuating that he was faking an injury, only told the world that Marshall would NOT be a Bronco again. It was very very clear from that point forward.

You don't trash your player to the media, and sit him when your playoff hopes are on the line, and simply expect everything between the two are "hunky dory" afterwards. That rookie mistake, will cost us value. NO WAY Seattle believes for a MOMENT that McD wants Marshall on this team. McD can scream to the tops of the roofs of the city of Denver that he will simply "keep Marshall" if he doesn't get high enough value all he wants to.... but no one is buying it. Why would they? McD made it sooooo obvious with the benching comments (whether it was Marshall's doing or not) and then simply tendering him with the 1st round pick. He was telling everyone, "he's here for the taking."

Now, he's trying to convince everyone that the value is high, and he will simply keep Marshall? Not hardly. He made his bed with his stupid mistakes. McD puts his heart on his sleeve, whether thats trying to trade for his friend Cassel in NE, pumping his fist after a win, or talking to the media after a disagreement with a player. He needs to mature up, and he will. In the meantime, his immature actions are costing the team talent, and now costing the team value for talent.

TonyR
03-09-2010, 12:08 PM
...and then simply tendering him with the 1st round pick. He was telling everyone, "he's here for the taking."

You're over complicating this. The first round tender alone made it clear that Marshall was "available". The late season incident is hardly a factor. Teams are either willing to give up a 1st round pick for him or they're not. So far they're not.

Paladin
03-09-2010, 12:11 PM
This message is hidden because Caligula is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

He's been eating too much Skippy. Same idiot as that other one.

Fuggin dense ilks.....

bowtown
03-09-2010, 12:20 PM
The more I think about this, the more I think McDaniel's and Bolwen's first choice would be to not have Marshall to go anywhere. I think they put just a first round tender on Brandon specifically so that teams would show some interest in him and he and they could see just exactly what his market value is.

If a team comes a long and signs him to an offer sheet and we think it's too much vs. the compensation that we would get in retrun, then we let him go. If not, we match and pay him what the market showed it would bear. If no one signs him, then we use that as a bargaining chip in reworking Brandon's new contract, and assess his market value a little lower. Teams don't want to take the risk on him and if he wants big money he will have to make some comprimises in his deal.

It will be interesting to see if, as the draft approaches, we end up trading him for lower than a 1st, but I have a feeling that we will not only stick to our guns but may also sign Brandon to a sweetened verison of the deal we offered him last year, with a little more up front money. I wouldn't even be surprised if Denver already had that contract on the table and said to Brandon "We aren't just going to let you go for nothing, but we will lowball your tender. You go out, assess the market, and this contract will be waiting for you if nothing better presents itself."

kamakazi_kal
03-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Good..I want Marshall to play in Denver.
Screw Mcd and his draft picks

this.

DenverBrit
03-09-2010, 12:57 PM
I have a funny feeling also that McD would rather keep Marshall at a decent price then having him find another home in return for a 1st round pick.

F that artcle by chumpster. There is just as much risk in drafting an unknown player as their is in BM. That player could turn out to be a bust and/or have their own set of off the field problems. At least with BM you know the proven talent and production is there.

The best way to keep Brandon out of trouble is for Denver to pay-as-you-go.

The assumption that Denver wants to trade him is media driven..... both BM and McD have both said they can work together. I think Denver is still the front runner for BM.

It's about the money. It was before McD arrived and it has been ever since.

BM apparently hasn't associated his lack of a big pay day with his behavior.

I bet it's beginning to sink in now though.

TailgateNut
03-09-2010, 01:02 PM
The best way to keep Brandon out of trouble is for Denver to pay-as-you-go.

The assumption that Denver wants to trade him is media driven..... both BM and McD have both said they can work together. I think Denver is still the front runner for BM.

It's about the money. It was before McD arrived and it has been ever since.

BM apparently hasn't associated his lack of a big pay day with his behavior.

I bet it's beginning to sink in now though.

I'd be ok with that. X$ for every game played, X$ for every TD, X$ for every catch made, X$ for every YAC, <X$> for every whinig episode, <X$> for every off field incident, <X$> for every non football related injury which results in loss of performance, <X$> for every supension, etc......:approve:

broncswin
03-09-2010, 01:31 PM
I didn't say any of that. I didn't say marshall didn't have some stake in his benching, nor his problems.
However. People remember the most recent, when it comes to anyone. Whether it be your kids, your friends, your parents, or your mate. Life is built abour the "what have you done lately." Its the most natural thing to rmember what was last.

Marshall had a phenominal season. McD and Marshall had seemed to be getting along, and both seemed to be playing the part. But McD's "expression of our dirty laundry" to the media, in the LAST game of the season, was about as big a rookie mistake as you can make.

He could have used a hundred different reasons for sitting him, and even if the reasons came out later, it wouldn't have be as damaging as him coming publicly. Questioning his toughness, and insinuating that he was faking an injury, only told the world that Marshall would NOT be a Bronco again. It was very very clear from that point forward.

You don't trash your player to the media, and sit him when your playoff hopes are on the line, and simply expect everything between the two are "hunky dory" afterwards. That rookie mistake, will cost us value. NO WAY Seattle believes for a MOMENT that McD wants Marshall on this team. McD can scream to the tops of the roofs of the city of Denver that he will simply "keep Marshall" if he doesn't get high enough value all he wants to.... but no one is buying it. Why would they? McD made it sooooo obvious with the benching comments (whether it was Marshall's doing or not) and then simply tendering him with the 1st round pick. He was telling everyone, "he's here for the taking."

Now, he's trying to convince everyone that the value is high, and he will simply keep Marshall? Not hardly. He made his bed with his stupid mistakes. McD puts his heart on his sleeve, whether thats trying to trade for his friend Cassel in NE, pumping his fist after a win, or talking to the media after a disagreement with a player. He needs to mature up, and he will. In the meantime, his immature actions are costing the team talent, and now costing the team value for talent.

Who the f**k else should we blame for his problems??

bowtown
03-09-2010, 01:37 PM
Who the **** else should we blame for his problems??

Bitches be crazzzzzzy...

broncswin
03-09-2010, 01:57 PM
b****es be crazzzzzzy...

!Booya!!Booya!!Booya!

BroncoInferno
03-09-2010, 02:09 PM
I am not really going to worry about this. It sounds like Denver is to going to stick to their guns of getting a 1st. So, either we end up with a 1st or Marshall stays and plays next season. I am happy either way. Let me know when he actually signs with someone.

BroncoInferno
03-09-2010, 02:11 PM
I will says that DenverBrit hit the nail on the head: 'pay as you go' is the best way for us. As long as he's on a one year contract, he has incentive to stay out of trouble and play hard. And soon as he gets a big deal with a big signing bonus, that incentive is lessened.

ludo21
03-09-2010, 02:41 PM
The team is much better if he stays. I hope he stays

NYBronco
03-09-2010, 02:56 PM
The team is much better if he stays. I hope he stays

Until he shows up for punting practice.

Caligula
03-09-2010, 03:04 PM
I will says that DenverBrit hit the nail on the head: 'pay as you go' is the best way for us. As long as he's on a one year contract, he has incentive to stay out of trouble and play hard. And soon as he gets a big deal with a big signing bonus, that incentive is lessened.

Who would sign that contract? No one. You would be an idiot to sign in. THe owners would LOVE it if every player in the NFL signed a deal like this. That way, only the players are taking the risk. How nice and easy that would be.

rastaman
03-09-2010, 03:09 PM
....or just keep him.

Exactly how much of the $9.5 mill per year contract would Marshall receive in signing bonuses and the first 3 years of the contract? We all know NFL contracts are not guaranteed and the last half of players contracts are seldom honored or payed out?

Brandon and his agent looked at the contract and didn't think it was a fair contract.

rastaman
03-09-2010, 03:31 PM
I am not really going to worry about this. It sounds like Denver is to going to stick to their guns of getting a 1st. So, either we end up with a 1st or Marshall stays and plays next season. I am happy either way. Let me know when he actually signs with someone.

I can see Brandon staying out of trouble off the field. However, where would his motivation come to play HARD and return to his Beastly Performance if he's not getting paid in comenserate with his production on the field over the last 3 years! It's obvious the only way now for Brandon to one day receive the contract he desires is not by playing HARD and perhaps risk injury trying to make those YACs into highlight reels, but it comes down to staying healthy and ensuring LONGEVITY.

You play HARD and give it your all b/c you know you have signed the financial secured contract that will take care of him and his family should he suffer a career ending injury btwn 2010, 2011, and 2012.

However, when you sign a series of one year contracts.......your career could end on a single play and poof! There goes the opportunity to land that big contract. Bowlen doesn't want to take the financial risk.....yet Bowlen expects Marshall to take the INJURY RISK every Sunday and on every play over a 16 to 20 week period.

Brandon should now realize that catching over 300 passes in 3 years does not gurantee a top 5 NFL contract. Marshall should concentrate on leaving Denver and doing everything possible to try and have a 13-16 year career in the NFL.

Remember, staying healthy, staying out of trouble off the field and career longevity are the keys that ensures Marshall earns his 10's of millions. Making circus catches, using his size and athletic agility to make YACs to thrill the crowds (who really loath him) and risking injury for a HC and Owner who are low balling him salary wise, should all tell Marshall that he needs to leave Denver ASAP! while continuing to play the game as a business and as if he wants to have a 13-16 year career.

Paladin
03-09-2010, 03:33 PM
This message is hidden because rastaman is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

This message is hidden because Caligula is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

Go get bent.....

rastaman
03-09-2010, 03:33 PM
It's all McD's fault? RIIIIIIIIGGGGHTTTT!

McSatin is NEVER WRONG! RIIIIIIIIGGGGHTTTT! ;)

rastaman
03-09-2010, 03:34 PM
This message is hidden because rastaman is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

Go get bent.....

Go fly your Kite Down I-25 during rush hour traffic! You :clown:

Archer81
03-09-2010, 03:35 PM
McSatin is NEVER WRONG! RIIIIIIIIGGGGHTTTT! ;)

McStalin? (murderous soviet dictator)

McSatan? (source of all evil in the world)

McSatin? (a fabric that is a bitch to get stains out of)

Which of these do you mean, giggles?

rastaman
03-09-2010, 03:38 PM
McStalin? (murderous soviet dictator)

McSatan? (source of all evil in the world)

McSatin? (a fabric that is a b**** to get stains out of)

Which of these do you mean, giggles?

Take your pick Dong-Face! ;)

gyldenlove
03-09-2010, 03:40 PM
McSatin? (a fabric that is a b**** to get stains out of)

Well don't stain your damn sheets, what is wrong with you man?

Archer81
03-09-2010, 03:41 PM

Oh my God...the wit...so astoundingly brilliant.

The world would be a much better place if one of your oxygen tanks would explode. It really would.

bowtown
03-09-2010, 03:41 PM

And by that he obviously means McMaoTse-Dong-Face

Archer81
03-09-2010, 03:42 PM
Well don't stain your damn sheets, what is wrong with you man?

What? Are you always stain conscious? Not like I have a clorox stick on my bedside table.

rastaman
03-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Oh my God...the wit...so astoundingly brilliant.

The world would be a much better place if one of your oxygen tanks would explode. It really would.

The world would be a much better place if you don't make it past 30! :sunshine:

Dagmar
03-09-2010, 03:53 PM
The world would be a much better place if you don't make it past 30! :sunshine:

Too far.

rastaman
03-09-2010, 03:55 PM
What? Are you always stain conscious? Not like I have a clorox stick on my bedside table.

Your're not witty nor are you a comedian......keep your day job (If you have one) Dumb Billy!ROFL!

rastaman
03-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Too far.

Well Schreny81 wished my oxygen tanks would explode! Last I checked you can't live w/o Oxygen...so exactly what was Schreny81 insinuating?:thumbs:

Archer81
03-09-2010, 04:00 PM
Your're not witty nor are you a comedian......keep your day job (If you have one) Dumb Billy!ROFL!

An ellipsis is a punctuation device used to leave out words from direct quotations, or can be used to engender sarcasm. it also has 3 periods. So...yeah...

And be a man. its dumbass. What are you, 97?

rastaman
03-09-2010, 04:19 PM
An ellipsis is a punctuation device used to leave out words from direct quotations, or can be used to engender sarcasm. it also has 3 periods. So...yeah...

And be a man. its dumbass. What are you, 97?

Are you 81? :wiggle:

gyldenlove
03-09-2010, 05:15 PM

I have a tide pen in my night stand. :afro:

BroncoInferno
03-09-2010, 07:16 PM
I can see Brandon staying out of trouble off the field. However, where would his motivation come to play HARD and return to his Beastly Performance if he's not getting paid in comenserate with his production on the field over the last 3 years!

Because he will be an unrestricted free agent next year and inline for a big pay day. That would be his motivation to stay out of trouble and play hard. If he p***Yfoots it, teams will be hesitant to pay him the top dollar he wants.

Now, let's flip the question around: if we sign him to a big, multi year deal with a lot of upfront money, what will be his incentive to stay out of trouble and play hard? Answer: he'll have none. It's odd that you can't see you have it exactly backwards: the one year deal is what gives him the motivation to play hard and stay out of trouble so he will get paid as an unrestricted free agent; a big contract could make him complacent.

broncswin
03-09-2010, 07:30 PM
Because he will be an unrestricted free agent next year and inline for a big pay day. That would be his motivation to stay out of trouble and play hard. If he p***Yfoots it, teams will be hesitant to pay him the top dollar he wants.

Now, let's flip the question around: if we sign him to a big, multi year deal with a lot of upfront money, what will be his incentive to stay out of trouble and play hard? Answer: he'll have none. It's odd that you can't see you have it exactly backwards: the one year deal is what gives him the motivation to play hard and stay out of trouble so he will get paid as an unrestricted free agent; a big contract could make him complacent.

stop...your right...but rat cant see that

rastaman
03-09-2010, 07:51 PM

Hold on Inferno, why are you assuming that Brandon wants to remain a Bronco for the best years of his career! Perhaps Marshall may just want to leave the Broncos and go play in another city, for another HC with a more imaginative offense, a team with more talent, a top QB and with a team thats not Rebuilding.

How is that getting things backwards? Nothing is etched in stone that Marshall is a Bronco For Life! Hell maybe Brandon will NEVER forgive the Broncos for not having enough faith in him to invest the money to keep him while allowing him to test the FA market! Perhaps Brandon is maturing and proving he can stay out of trouble not in the hopes that Bowlen signs him to lucrative long term top 5 WR contract....he's so to attract other teams and perhaps teams that are winning and not rebuilding.

What you are failing to understand is that Marshall will cut his career short and wear his body before its time by playing as HARD as you expect him to play. You don't thing catching 100 plus receptions, cutting against the grain while attempting YAC doesn't wear on Marshall's knees, hips and ankles! Hence Marshall needs to find a way to play SMARTER not harder and more reckless.

Right now Brandon has a greater chance of getting injured either career wise or talent altering injury to where he's never the same......than he has of landing the big contract. Marshall is taking all the Physical Risk to injury while Bowlen is afraid to take the Financial Risk. Thats the point I'm trying to make.

rastaman
03-09-2010, 07:52 PM
stop...your right...but rat cant see that

There's much you can't see as well. You just assume you are right or you're getting on the Group Thing Band Wagon. Which Is It?ROFL!

Bronx33
03-09-2010, 07:53 PM
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3015/youredm7.jpg

:spit: damn dag you got a gif for every occasion.

BroncoInferno
03-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Hold on Inferno, why are you assuming that Brandon wants to remain a Bronco for the best years of his career! Perhaps Marshall may just want to leave the Broncos and go play in another city, for another HC with a more imaginative offense, a team with more talent, a top QB and with a team thats not Rebuilding.

How is that getting things backwards? Nothing is etched in stone that Marshall is a Bronco For Life! Hell maybe Brandon will NEVER forgive the Broncos for not having enough faith in him to invest the money to keep him while allowing him to test the FA market! Perhaps Brandon is maturing and proving he can stay out of trouble not in the hopes that Bowlen signs him to lucrative long term top 5 WR contract....he's so to attract other teams and perhaps teams that are winning and not rebuilding.

What you are failing to understand is that Marshall will cut his career short and wear his body before its time by playing as HARD as you expect him to play. You don't thing catching 100 plus receptions, cutting against the grain while attempting YAC doesn't wear on Marshall's knees, hips and ankles! Hence Marshall needs to find a way to play SMARTER not harder and more reckless.

Right now Brandon has a greater chance of getting injured either career wise or talent altering injury to where he's never the same......than he has of landing the big contract. Marshall is taking all the Physical Risk to injury while Bowlen is afraid to take the Financial Risk. Thats the point I'm trying to make.

I see what you are saying, and I do have sympathy for players who take the injury risk. That said, even if you are right and Marshall wants out, Brandon still needs to produce at a high level in order to get another to want him and pay him a big contract (you can't honestly think he isn't at least partly after the latter). If he's tentative in an effort to avoid injury, teams will see that and it will hurt his value and limit his appeal to other teams.

And, there is two sides to every story. If Marshall had been a model citizen and an unquestioned lockerroom leader, I would be more inclined to say, "Pay the man" (e.g. Dumervil--if you want to argue that he deserves a long-term deal, I'll be right there with you). But he has a variety of incidences both on and off the field that make it totally reasonable for the team to use the flexibility of the RFA tag to bring Marshall back on a one year deal. If he can find a team to give him that big multi-year deal he convets, great...he gets a nice payday and he gets out of town, we get a 1st rounder, and everyone is happy. But, if not, he comes back next season and has a chance to make a statement for a big deal in 2011 as an unrestricted free agent. He can take it easy trying to avoid injury, thus minimizing his value, or he can maximize his value by staying out of trouble and playing his ass off. It will be up to him. Right now, I would say given the headaches Marshall has caused, the team has every right to ask him to stay out of trouble for a year before he gets rewarded with a big payday.

rastaman
03-09-2010, 08:13 PM
I see what you are saying, and I do have sympathy for players who take the injury risk. That said, even if you are right and Marshall wants out, Brandon still needs to produce at a high level in order to get another to want him and pay him a big contract (you can't honestly think he isn't at least partly after the latter). If he's tentative in an effort to avoid injury, teams will see that and it will hurt his value and limit his appeal to other teams.

And, there is two sides to every story. If Marshall had been a model citizen and an unquestioned lockerroom leader, I would be more inclined to say, "Pay the man" (e.g. Dumervil--if you want to argue that he deserves a long-term deal, I'll be right there with you). But he has a variety of incidences both on and off the field that make it totally reasonable for the team to use the flexibility of the RFA tag to bring Marshall back on a one year deal. If he can find a team to give him that big multi-year deal he convets, great...he gets a nice payday and he gets out of town, we get a 1st rounder, and everyone is happy. But, if not, he comes back next season and has a chance to make a statement for a big deal in 2011 as an unrestricted free agent. He can take it easy trying to avoid injury, thus minimizing his value, or he can maximize his value by staying out of trouble and playing his ass off. It will be up to him. Right now, I would say given the headaches Marshall has caused, the team has every right to ask him to stay out of trouble for a year before he gets rewarded with a big payday.

Ummmmmm.......I don't agree completely. Brandon's best bet at this point is to try and revive his career like Randy Moss did having gone from the Raiders to NE.

Brandon will need to seriously take into consideration that he can never erase the stigma of his past and the Broncos sublimally will always believe he's just one legal problem away of getting suspended.......regardless if even Marshall completes in 2nd or 3rd season with no off the field problems.

Also, Brandon could hold against the Broncos they're lack of faith and trust of him staying out of trouble and using it as an excuse not pay him as well as poisoning the well and scaring off teams to do a trade.

Brandon just may want to get out of Denver first and talk long term lucurative contract later.

TonyR
03-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Too far.

Yup, I'd like to think this would get rasta a vacation from this place. And therefore us a vacation from him.

BroncoInferno
03-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Ummmmmm.......I don't agree completely. Brandon's best bet at this point is to try and revive his career like Randy Moss did having gone from the Raiders to NE.

Brandon will need to seriously take into consideration that he can never erase the stigma of his past and the Broncos sublimally will always believe he's just one legal problem away of getting suspended.......regardless if even Marshall completes in 2nd or 3rd season with no off the field problems.

Also, Brandon could hold against the Broncos they're lack of faith and trust of him staying out of trouble and using it as an excuse not pay him as well as poisoning the well and scaring off teams to do a trade.

Brandon just may want to get out of Denver first and talk long term lucurative contract later.

What you are suggesting is that Brandon might be willing to, in effect, sabotage this season in order to punish the Broncos. If you are right, then he really is a headcase and any team would be foolish to give him a dime. In fact, pulling such a stunt would probably ruin any chance he has at getting a lucrative deal in 2011, probably forcing him to play on the cheap for another season to prove he isn't a nutcase. It would be an incredibly dumb move. It would probably have a worse effect on his marketiblity than even a serious injury would. If he can't get a team to give him an offer sheet this offseason, his best bet is to sign his tender, play hard next season and stay out of trouble, and then go into next offseason in strong position as an unrestricted FA.

broncswin
03-09-2010, 08:41 PM
There's much you can't see as well. You just assume you are right or you're getting on the Group Thing Band Wagon. Which Is It?ROFL!

I have to laugh at how you put a smiley face, or laugh after ever post you lay down...that is a sign of doubt...even you know your grabbing at air with this shiat you put down

broncswin
03-09-2010, 08:41 PM
Yup, I'd like to think this would get rasta a vacation from this place. And therefore us a vacation from him.

ignore is the only vacation from this moron!!

rastaman
03-09-2010, 08:57 PM
What you are suggesting is that Brandon might be willing to, in effect, sabotage this season in order to punish the Broncos. If you are right, then he really is a headcase and any team would be foolish to give him a dime. In fact, pulling such a stunt would probably ruin any chance he has at getting a lucrative deal in 2011, probably forcing him to play on the cheap for another season to prove he isn't a nutcase. It would be an incredibly dumb move. It would probably have a worse effect on his marketiblity than even a serious injury would. If he can't get a team to give him an offer sheet this offseason, his best bet is to sign his tender, play hard next season and stay out of trouble, and then go into next offseason in strong position as an unrestricted FA.

So would Marshall be a headcase if in 2010 he plays HARD thru playing smarter! Would other teams out there loose interest in Marshall b/c he's finally playing smarter and not attempting to make the high risk to injury YACs? We already know this type of play will piss off some fans and McD. However, think about it from Brandon's perspective.

What good does it do Marshall to put up one or two more seasons of 100 plus receptions....do you guys realize the wear and tear Marshall is putting on his body while on a series of one year contracts at $3.0million per year! Here's what happens over the 2010-2011 seasons, Brandon exerts more wear-n-tear on his body while greatly increasing the odds of suffering career altering injuries to where he's never the same again or he suffers a career ending injury....and all for a paltry $ 3.0 million a year.

So once again you have Marshall taking the physical risk of suffering a career ending injuries, Bowlen doesn't or isn't required to take the Financial Risk! Marshall should be extremely and unforgivingly pissed off at Bowelen and the Broncos for this type of managerial behavior.

rastaman
03-09-2010, 08:59 PM

Takes a moron to know a moron. Lets put each other on ignore. This way you can enjoy your Group Think Fest with your Homer-Bronco Customer Fan Base and everything will be honky dorie!:sunshine:

rastaman
03-09-2010, 09:03 PM

Yep make sure you advocate for giving Schrency81 a vacation for hoping my oxygen tanks blow up! Was that going to TO FAR! Couldn't get DAGMAR to comment back! Besides last I check we DIE w/o oxygen RIGHT.

TonyR you and DAGMAR need to stop giving Schrecy81 a free pass....ya think in your bias minds you can do that? I know I'm asking for alot.

rastaman
03-09-2010, 09:06 PM

Here's an example of Sirhcyennek81 GOING TO FAR!

[QUOTE=sirhcyennek81;2772048]Oh my God...the wit...so astoundingly brilliant.

Is there a Vaction in his future as well......should we both be on vaction?

rastaman
03-09-2010, 09:07 PM

Archer81
03-09-2010, 10:57 PM

Here is the difference, nipplehead. I wished for one of your O2 tanks to explode. I never said near you. I was not specific.

You specifically said you hope I dont make it to 30. Thats basically wishing death on me.

Get it, geezer?

Dagmar
03-09-2010, 11:01 PM
[QUOTE=rastaman;2772587]Here's an example of Sirhcyennek81 GOING TO FAR!

[B]

Here is the difference, nipplehead. I wished for one of your O2 tanks to explode. I never said near you. I was not specific.

You specifically said you hope I dont make it to 30. Thats basically wishing death on me.

Get it, geezer?

He won't. He isn't very smart.

Bronco Yoda
03-10-2010, 03:32 AM
Come on people. Why all the name calling and B.S. over NOTHING! It's great that we have a sight that allows us to vent when needed with some latitude. Don't abuse it.

We have some very angry people around here.

Ok, flame away while I duck... :)

Lomax
03-10-2010, 03:58 AM

The only thing Marshall has proven is that he can grab a bunch of underneath passes and rack up short receptions while getting you about 10 TDs a year. Fantastic. But you don't give up a first round pick to get that.

And you'd have to be certifiable to give up a 6th overall pick for 10 TDs and 1100 yds of production.

Marshall's name is bigger than his game. He's an athletic Ed McCaffrey with way more baggage. Love Easy Ed, but he's not worth a #6. Almost no receiver is.

The "proven" argument is ridiculous. Every draft pick is unproven. Should we trade them all away for "proven" players?