PDA

View Full Version : PAC-10 Tournament thread (GO CATS)

Broncobiv
03-08-2010, 10:48 PM
There's no reason to create a poll for this conference...almost any team participating in the tournament could win.

Arizona has the longest active streak of NCAA Tournament berths at 25 (the longest ever is 27 by N.C.). But the only way they'll make it this year is if they win the PAC-10 Tournament.

It's pretty clear that Arizona should be very strong next year. Their team is almost inconceivably young, currently consisting of 8 freshmen, 5 sophomores, 1 junior, and 1 senior (thank you Nic Wise for all the game winning shots this year!). But the question at hand is...will they make it to the tourney THIS YEAR??

Sorry for focusing solely on Arizona here. But it's my thread, and I can do what I want! ;) Feel free to discuss all 9 teams in the tournament from here on out, of course! :afro:

The weird thing about the PAC-10 this year...all of the teams are cumulatively the weakest they've been in probably decades. That's why I can see any team winning the PAC-10 tournament, and at the same time, any team losing in the first round. It's been a very strange year for PAC-10 fans. The "experts" at ESPN are saying that ASU is one of the 4 "last teams in". Definitely a bubble team. The kicker? If U of A wins the tournament, they'll be in, and that would possibly knock ASU out of the NCAA Tournament. Hilarious!

First game (basically the play-in game): Oregon vs. Wash. St., Wednesday, 8 PM Pacific

Quarterfinals: First game is Arizona vs. UCLA, Thursday, noon Pacific, with the rest of the matchups to follow

http://kickingsystem.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/arizona-logo1.jpg

Houshyamama
03-08-2010, 11:19 PM
UofA can go straight to hell.

Go Sun Devils

Broncos4Life
03-08-2010, 11:21 PM
UofA can go straight to hell.

Go Sun Devils

Scum devil!

Houshyamama
03-08-2010, 11:23 PM
Scum devil!

Call me whatever you want, my alma mater has the hottest women in the land.

UberBroncoMan
03-08-2010, 11:34 PM

Actually U of A was #1 on Maxim a few years back. Likely due to the fact that a ton of women from California go to school there (yes at ASU too).

ASU is basically an over-enrolled party school.

Houshyamama
03-08-2010, 11:37 PM
Actually U of A was #1 on Maxim a few years back. Likely due to the fact that a ton of women from California go to school there (yes at ASU too).

Yes it is, and it was fun. :pimp:

ZONA
03-09-2010, 12:32 AM
I'd love nothing more then to have the Cats win the PAC10 but with so many youngsters, I doubt they will. But then again, they won the NCAA Tourny led by a few youngsters (Bibby namely). But the Cats biggest problem is they don't have any good bigs. Williams really is a small forward. They must get some bigger quality players next year. But you are right when you say all the teams are weak this year. There's more parity in the PAC10 then every before but this is the worst I've ever seen it. Nobody coming from this league will do jack in the tourny.

worm
03-09-2010, 01:03 AM

You majored in something else for your undergrad?

24champ
03-09-2010, 01:14 AM
I am a fan of UCLA, and honestly the NBA has killed the conference.

Talk of just one team going to the NCAA's. Unreal, talk about a fall from grace.

Broncos4Life
03-09-2010, 01:55 AM

OK ill give you that:thumbsup:

MplsBronco
03-09-2010, 08:23 AM

Talk of just one team going to the NCAA's. Unreal, talk about a fall from grace.

Imagine if UCLA retained their talent; Love, Westbrook, Holiday. They would've been tough this year. I can't stand how these guys are leaving early for the NBA.

Doggcow
03-09-2010, 08:27 AM

Herpes

baja
03-09-2010, 08:31 AM
Go UA Cats do it for Lute.....

Doggcow
03-09-2010, 09:16 AM
I just posted this on my facebook:

Who will end up with the better PAC-10 Tournament Record: USC or WSU?

Rock Chalk
03-09-2010, 12:24 PM
This is the worst I have ever seen the Pac 10.

If they didn't have a automatic bid they wouldn't be sending anyone to the tournament.

Rock Chalk
03-09-2010, 12:36 PM

Unfortunately, things don't look to be getting any better. With Lute gone, Arizona is in a downward spiral, Howland looks lost and confused this year. USC is on probation and because of that is struggling for recruits for next year. OUtside of that none of the teams in the conference are threats.

Pseudofool
03-09-2010, 12:43 PM
I'm big UofA fan. But I think the streak is done. I'm also not sure about next year, beyond Derrick Williams, there doesn't seem to be many stars. Jones and Parron have shown flashes, but don't look the same caliber as AZ guards of the past. Solomon Hill lacks the quickness to play an effective swing and lacks the size to play an effective forward. The team will be better next year, but we are pretty far from a Top 10, IMO.

Rock Chalk
03-09-2010, 12:47 PM
I'm big UofA fan. But I think the streak is done. I'm also not sure about next year, beyond Derrick Williams, there doesn't seem to be many stars. Jones and Parron have shown flashes, but don't look the same caliber as AZ guards of the past. Solomon Hill lacks the quickness to play an effective swing and lacks the size to play an effective forward. The team will be better next year, but we are pretty far from a Top 10, IMO.

You guys are in the running for both Lamb and Selby. Lamb seems to be a heavy Arizona lean and Selby seems to be leaning towards Kansas but Selby has repeatedly stated he would like to play with Lamb. If the 'Cats can land both of those players they will be a force next year.

ludo21
03-09-2010, 01:40 PM
ASU!!!!

They are a bubble team but with at least a few wins in the tourney they should be a lock. I just hope wither Cal or ASU wins it so they get in for sure

Houshyamama
03-09-2010, 01:42 PM
Herpes

Sorry to hear that. It's a bit much information for a public message board, but sorry to hear that none-the-less.

LetsGoBroncos
03-09-2010, 02:03 PM
Do they make people at U of A show their green cards when purchasing things yet? Nothing good about that place. Go Devils

Doggcow
03-09-2010, 02:10 PM
Sorry to hear that. It's a bit much information for a public message board, but sorry to hear that none-the-less.

Lol seriously though, your school is infested.

I remember the other day on Loveline some chick was talking about how she went around trying to give every guy herpes at ASU lol.

24champ
03-09-2010, 02:52 PM

I remember the other day on Loveline some chick was talking about how she went around trying to give every guy herpes at ASU lol.

Yeah, ASU is venereal disease central.

Doggcow
03-09-2010, 02:55 PM
PAC-9 tournament this year: I hear all the players are going to show up and just punch themselves in the dick, then laugh, because someone gets an automatic bid.

Houshyamama
03-09-2010, 04:38 PM

Yeah, there was a dorm tower called Manzanita and all 14 stories of it were rated by Playboy as the most sexually active dorm in America. I was in it once for a brief period... it was disgusting. Throw-up in the drinking fountains, elevators always broke and smelling. You could get an STD just touching the walls. Needless to say, I never went back in :spit:

It's like all the degenerates ended up in one dorm. I wonder if it was part of their application process.

Are you a slut? check

Manzanita for you.

Doggcow
03-10-2010, 11:29 PM
Well, now the cougs have all day tomorrow to work on their freethrows! That was pathetic guys!

Pseudofool
03-11-2010, 07:32 AM
Is there anywhere I can catch a stream of today's game? Local cable is showing the MAC tournament instead of the PAC....

Rock Chalk
03-11-2010, 03:56 PM
ASU!!!!

They are a bubble team but with at least a few wins in the tourney they should be a lock. I just hope wither Cal or ASU wins it so they get in for sure

Bubble team?

No such thing from the Pac 10. Conference champs or NIT buddy.

Normally I cheer for Arizona in the Pac 10. I always liked Lute, but this year Im rooting against them making it. If they fail my Jayhawks will be in possession of the consecutive tourney streak. Zona is like 2 ahead of us.

Interesting day in the Big East, Cuse and Nova both go down. Cuse might be in trouble if Onuaku is hurt bad.

24champ
03-11-2010, 04:42 PM
No such thing from the Pac 10. Conference champs or NIT buddy.

I don't know about that, it is possible they get 2 teams in, 3 is pushing it. Gottlieb on ESPN talked about it recently and said it was possible the PAC-10 gets another team in and that it was hard to fathom that 1 team comes from the Pac-10. t

Rock Chalk
03-11-2010, 06:37 PM
I don't know about that, it is possible they get 2 teams in, 3 is pushing it. Gottlieb on ESPN talked about it recently and said it was possible the PAC-10 gets another team in and that it was hard to fathom that 1 team comes from the Pac-10. t

You might be right. I just checked the guys at B101 (who are the most accurate bracketologists out there, ESPN is the 10th most accurate) and they have 2 Pac 10 teams (Cal and Washington) going at the moment.

I guess its possible that Washington and Cal both make it. Honestly though if Cal wins the tournament they are the only team that SHOULD go. Cal loses to Washington (or some other team) in the Pac 10 championship then I can see two going.

JMO. Im not hating on the Pac 10 or anything its just awful this year.

Doggcow
03-13-2010, 05:13 PM
Huskies gonna pull this one out it looks like. I don't think Cal should go to the tourney if they can't even handle a weak field at home...