PDA

View Full Version : DE Jarvis Green will visit Broncos

BigPlayShay
03-08-2010, 02:50 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/03/08/de-jarvis-green-will-visit-broncos/

he Broncos continue to make moves to bolster their defensive line.

Defensive end Jarvis Green, a free agent from New England, is scheduled to arrive at Dove Valley later today to meet with team officials tonight and tomorrow.

Green has been on the Broncosí radar since the free agency period opened late Thursday night. Greenís agent told The Boston Herald late last week that Greenís top options were to re-sign with the Patriots or join the Broncos.

Green, who spent eight seasons in New England, would see plenty of familiar faces in Denver. The Broncos signed a number of Patriots in the last year since Josh McDaniels ó a former Patriots assistant ó became head coach, including WR Jabar Gaffney, LS Lonie Paxton and OL Russ Hochstein.

Green, 31, had one sack in 2009. His single-season high is 7.5 sacks in 2006.

Carmelo15
03-08-2010, 02:53 PM
We sign him and Jamal and we have an entirely upgraded DL

Smiling Assassin27
03-08-2010, 03:02 PM
Dude's a pro. He'd be a pleasure to have on board. An upgrade, IMO.

Tombstone RJ
03-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Sign Dwan too! Sign 'em all by golly!

eddie mac
03-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Not a full-time starter though, wants to rush the passer from inside in the nickle.

barryr
03-08-2010, 03:15 PM
The more, the merrier. Can't have too much depth.

The Joker
03-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Not a full-time starter though, wants to rush the passer from inside in the nickle.

I read the article about him in the other Jarvis Green thread. I got the impression they meant that he would be a starting DE who played DT on obvious passing downs?

I can't imagine he'll just play the nickel, he'd at least be a strong part of the rotation in the base defense I would imagine.

GoBroncos84
03-08-2010, 03:43 PM
I read the article about him in the other Jarvis Green thread. I got the impression they meant that he would be a starting DE who played DT on obvious passing downs?

I can't imagine he'll just play the nickel, he'd at least be a strong part of the rotation in the base defense I would imagine.

That's what I got out of it too, he said he wants to be used as he was with New England, and that article also mentions he started most of the games last season

DenverBrit
03-08-2010, 03:48 PM
Bio from the Pats site.

http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=playerbio&bio=17896

meangene
03-08-2010, 03:58 PM
I don't think he would be coming to Denver unless they had already pretty much negotiated contract terms according to what I have read. I think Edwards leaving without a contract moved this along.

Majik
03-08-2010, 04:02 PM
Please please please sign!!!!

gyldenlove
03-08-2010, 04:13 PM

To me he is a good rotation player, right now we are lacking in the pass rush department on the inside, both Dwan Edwards should we sign him and Bannan are run stuffers, Green would go in a rotation with those guys in passing downs.

montrose
03-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Get it done Xanders!