http://twitter.com/michaelombardi/status/10188565052

Says he is coming here to take a physical
Hopefully he has got some left in the tank, and is healthy

bronco militia
03-08-2010, 02:48 PM
nice

cmhargrove
03-08-2010, 02:50 PM
Whoa damn! I hope the cafeteria at Dove Valley is prepared for this!

ColoradoBuff
03-08-2010, 02:51 PM
sweet!

Bronco CB40
03-08-2010, 02:52 PM
Whoa damn! I hope the cafeteria at Dove Valley is prepared for this!

pre-game snacks

http://hulkhatetimetravel.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/fried_chicken2.jpg

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-08-2010, 02:52 PM
Boosh.

2KBack
03-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Allow me to play both sides of the fence...

Another over the hill retread?!?! I'm sick of this inexperienced FO!!

Finally a coach and GM working to address the real weaknesses of this team, unlike the previous regime!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-08-2010, 02:58 PM

Finally a coach and GM working to address the real weaknesses of this team, unlike the previous regime!

Well played, sir.

I think this is a great move. Hopefully a short-term deal is forthcoming and we can get some BEEF up front.

ZONA
03-08-2010, 02:59 PM

Bringing him to camp certainly can't hurt anything. If he's good enough to beat out some people he's good enough to stay on the team for the season.

Requiem
03-08-2010, 03:01 PM
Williams was great in 2007 and his metrics were off the charts in 2008. A decent signing, a stop-gap if he has anything left.

KS Bronco
03-08-2010, 03:02 PM

Dawkins played pretty well last year... (however I know he has been the rarity of late with older FA's)

titan
03-08-2010, 03:02 PM
Saints are after Williams too:

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2010/03/new_orleans_saints_reportedly_3.html

Ziggy
03-08-2010, 03:04 PM
The Broncos have his old Dline coach, so we have some inside to his character and work ethic. If he checks out good in the physical, he'd be a huge addition to our run d.

TheDave
03-08-2010, 03:05 PM
As long as he has something left in the tank... Good move.

Bigdawg26
03-08-2010, 03:07 PM
How old is our defense now??? Man I like Jamal Williams, but how many old players are we going to sign. We are like the reverse of the Eagles if your over 32 the chances are your coming to denver!

Br0nc0Buster
03-08-2010, 03:09 PM
How old is our defense now??? Man I like Jamal Williams, but how many old players are we going to sign. We are like the reverse of the Eagles if your over 32 the chances are your coming to denver!

we need upgrades period
In no way though would adding Jamal Williams affect our draft
He would just be a stop gap

montrose
03-08-2010, 03:16 PM
If we could get Jamal, our DL would be much improvd before we even get to the draft. He and Fields could platoon at NT with Bannan, McBean and Peterson at DE. We could still resign Holliday, maybe pickup Edwards, and load up in the draft.

Now lets not forget the OL!

jhns
03-08-2010, 03:17 PM
I hope we get him. We need lots of front 7 help.

Gcver2ver3
03-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Beat writer for the Chargers says his sources say he's going to become a Bronco...

take it for what it's worth...

http://twitter.com/sdutChargers/status/10190700148

Bronco CB40
03-08-2010, 03:37 PM
If you recall, Jamal Williams had his 2002 season ended by a blindside block from Steve Herndon in that crazy overtime game in San Diego that year. The block dislocated his left ankle. Shanahan apologized for the hit a few days later.

In the aftermath, Williams never said a negative word about the block from Herndon. He said it was part of football. A very classy guy.

I just find it ironic that he is willing to join sides with Denver after all the nasty battles both sides have fought over the years. I would love to have him on our side.

jebures
03-08-2010, 03:37 PM
so in reality our entire front 3 is going to be different, I for one didnt think fields was all that bad last year. Peterson on the other hand was crap, and McBean faded after about the halfway point, but he still has potential.

DE Justin Bannan, Marcus Thomas
NT Jamal Williams, Ronald Fields, Chris Baker
DE Jarvis Green, Ryan McBean

I think we should outright cut kenny peterson. This lineup looks solid already and drafting a guy or two to compete would make it even better.

Br0nc0Buster
03-08-2010, 03:38 PM
so in reality our entire front 3 is going to be different, I for one didnt think fields was all that bad last year. Peterson on the other hand was crap, and McBean faded after about the halfway point, but he still has potential.

I think we should outright cut kenny peterson. This lineup looks solid already and drafting a guy or two to compete would make it even better.

yeah I would like that
and then cut Thomas if/when we draft a rookie

crush17
03-08-2010, 03:40 PM
When did we sign Jarvis Green?

lol

Br0nc0Buster
03-08-2010, 03:41 PM
When did we sign Jarvis Green?

lol

we havent signed him, just shown interest

elsid13
03-08-2010, 03:41 PM

If that lineup I doubt we see a high draft pick used on the defense line. Beside Baker or Thomas are out and Peterson will stay.

Mr.Meanie
03-08-2010, 03:47 PM
It makes me giddy as a schoolgirl to think we have a FO that knows the importance of the DL.

Bronco CB40
03-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Beat writer for the Chargers says his sources say he's going to become a Bronco...

take it for what it's worth...

http://twitter.com/sdutChargers/status/10190700148

Kevin Acee is one of the better beat writers in the biz. He'll probably go national in the next few years.

jhns
03-08-2010, 04:17 PM
It makes me giddy as a schoolgirl to think we have a FO that knows the importance of the DL.

Are we talking about the same FO? The same one that rebuilt the entire defense and used the majority of the resources on the secondary last offseason?

Popps
03-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Williams and Green would be major upgrades for the line.

Get over the age-factor, folks. Some of our best additions have been vets. A year or two of high quality play at key positions is better than NO quality play at the position... and it allows us time to draft and develop more talent.

Broncos fans should be crossing their fingers that these moves go down.

Ray Finkle
03-08-2010, 04:25 PM
If Dan Williams is added, I am all for this. I can't think of a better NT to learn from....

GoBroncos84
03-08-2010, 04:25 PM
I agree, Williams and Green would be great additions. I don't understand why people are complaining about us looking at older players. All of the young guys are RFAs. It's not like they have a choice. Everyone they look at has to be 28 or older, unless they want to give up draft picks, which would cost us young players.

Smiling Assassin27
03-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Well played, sir.

I think this is a great move. Hopefully a short-term deal is forthcoming and we can get some BEEF up front.

It's not the size of the beef, but what's in it that counts...;D

Borks147
03-08-2010, 04:39 PM
neil smith 2.0

Mr.Meanie
03-08-2010, 04:54 PM
Are we talking about the same FO? The same one that rebuilt the entire defense and used the majority of the resources on the secondary last offseason?

I guess I meant the importance of Defense...

Mr.Meanie
03-08-2010, 04:55 PM
If Dan Williams is added, I am all for this. I can't think of a better NT to learn from....

If this happened, then wouldn't Dan Williams be the 4th NT on the roster?

Los Broncos
03-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Nice, adding him would be a big help.

Bronco CB40
03-08-2010, 04:58 PM

Yes, but Ronald Fields played his share of DE in San Francisco so he's a versatile player and Bannon can play DE too. At least two of them aren't one trick ponies.

Majik
03-08-2010, 05:01 PM
McGenius!

SouthStndJunkie
03-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Jamal Williams might be able to come in and give us 20-25 good plays a game and be a key cog in the rotation.

The MVPlaya
03-08-2010, 05:04 PM
Jamal Williams would be nice - he just had a full season to rest his legs and knees.

Play2win
03-08-2010, 05:05 PM
neil smith 2.0

Beat me to it... I was going to say-- Is Jamal Williams this generation's Neil Smith?

Props :thumbsup:

snowspot66
03-08-2010, 05:08 PM

Did you forget what 08 looked like? Our secondary was actually worse than the line and it wasn't even a debate. One of the worst in the history of the franchise.

Bronco CB40
03-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Jamal Williams would be nice - he just had a full season to rest his legs and knees.

Exactly! The triceps injury was probably a blessing in disguise, keeping the wear and tear on the rest of his body to a minimum.

Ray Finkle
03-08-2010, 05:20 PM

Rotation....you have Dan, Jamal, Bannan at NT. Fields, Green (hopefully), Bannan can rotate at DE and whoever you have.

That way you have Jamal taking what, 20 snaps a game on 1st and 2nd. Bannan can slide from NT to DE or vice versa and you break Dan Williams in so at the end of the season, the light has come on.

s0phr0syne
03-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Williams and Green would be major upgrades for the line.

Get over the age-factor, folks. Some of our best additions have been vets. A year or two of high quality play at key positions is better than NO quality play at the position... and it allows us time to draft and develop more talent.

Broncos fans should be crossing their fingers that these moves go down.

Let's wait and see if they can carry through on that part of the bargain, b/c if not, then all the moves for older players are for naught.

NE's old and slow defense has been exposed the last couple of seasons, and while they are transitioning into some younger talent w/ Merriweather and Mayo, their approach has already demonstrated the risk of continually relying on veteran retreads.

For the Broncos though, these moves do seem to be the right ones, much as the FA acquisitions last year were. It's just the other part of the equation that they've haven't yet demonstrated an acumen to accomplish.

Ray Finkle
03-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Let's wait and see if they can carry through on that part of the bargain, b/c if not, then all the moves for older players are for naught.

NE's old and slow defense has been exposed the last couple of seasons, and while they are transitioning into some younger talent w/ Merriweather and Mayo, their approach has already demonstrated the risk of continually relying on veteran retreads.

For the Broncos though, these moves do seem to be the right ones, much as the FA acquisitions last year were. It's just the other part of the equation that they've haven't yet demonstrated an acumen to accomplish.

NE's defensive issue were not with the DL, it was with the back 7, mostly the LB's.

UberBroncoMan
03-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Did you forget what 08 looked like? Our secondary was actually worse than the line and it wasn't even a debate. One of the worst in the history of the franchise.

Yeah... it was Champ Bailey (and injured at that) with those other guys. Bly made a few good plays (won the Browns game with his FF) but overall was bleh.

It really was a wretched secondary. May have had the worst safety tandem I've ever seen.

SureShot
03-08-2010, 05:36 PM
I like it! You cant have too many DL.

zdoor
03-08-2010, 05:51 PM
I like it. You know he'd play his ass off against the Chargers and would be good in rotation. Would still like to see us draft DL somewhere in the first 2 rounds though...

Pseudofool
03-08-2010, 05:59 PM
Does he come with a forklift?

eddie mac
03-08-2010, 06:05 PM

Did we not sign Fields and Holiday, trade for Smith???

There was not a decent market for 3-4 linemen last year unless you were prepared to give up what the Raiders gave up for Seymour.

This years isn't much better but we have been talking to the best ones available at least.

Requiem
03-08-2010, 06:20 PM
I don't see how anybody could possibly be up in arms about picking up Williams. If he passes his physical, he will get a contract. It doesn't mean he earns a spot on this team. Williams is an instant rotation guy, if not a starter over Fields if he can play at the level he was prior to his injury last season. 2007 and 2008 were quality years from him.

While a lot of us, myself included, would like to see youth added to these up front positions, we are dealing with free agency and a small market where the kind of guys you are going to get are average players and rotational fill ins. Unless we get a top prospect in this years draft, a healthy Williams has a greater chance for impact and helping us win now than a rookie. That doesn't mean we don't need youth and investments there, because we do, but there is nothing wrong with getting a guy familiar with the scheme and a position coach where he enjoyed great success.

Give it a shot. If he doesn't work out in camp, he is gone. Simple as that.

Dedhed
03-08-2010, 06:21 PM
In no way though would adding Jamal Williams affect our draft

That's not entirely true. It could prevent us from reaching to fill a hole.

Dedhed
03-08-2010, 06:29 PM

Anyone arguing against the Pats approach should realize they're by far the most successful team in the salary cap era. I just don't get it.

People should also realize that there are basically zero young UFAs out there this year due to the CBA. The very youngest are pushing 30.

Lev Vyvanse
03-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Anyone arguing against the Pats approach should realize they're by far the most successful team in the salary cap era. I just don't get it.

People should also realize that there are basically zero young UFAs out there this year due to the CBA. The very youngest are pushing 30.

They cheets!!!

TonyR
03-08-2010, 06:36 PM
If that lineup I doubt we see a high draft pick used on the defense line.

You mean just like last year when we picked up two FA safties and then drafted two safties?

DBroncos4life
03-08-2010, 06:55 PM
You mean just like last year when we picked up two FA safties and then drafted two safties?

I think if we sign Williams, Edwards and Green there is a good chance we focus on skill positions in the first round. JMO

Drek
03-08-2010, 07:00 PM

And much like last year the FA acquisitions didn't stop us from adding secondary help in the draft, instead it set a template for it.

Rookies asked to contribute as regular starters from day one flame out at a freakishly high rate and their teams often don't win a whole lot. What McDaniels is doing is adding reasonably priced vets and then drafting their short term replacements right behind them to learn from the previous player's experience and approach to being a professional.

I'm more and more convinced that he's going to grab a couple DLs in the early part of the draft. We're putting all the pieces in place for those young guys to actually get a chance to learn and prepare, not just asking them to step in and produce from day one with no preparation.

elsid13
03-08-2010, 07:10 PM

The key word is "high".

Br0nc0Buster
03-08-2010, 07:12 PM
The key word is "high".

ok
we signed 3 FA runningbacks: Buckhalter, Jordan, and Arrington and still spent a "high" pick on a runningback

Requiem
03-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Second round safety and a fourth round safety. Pretty high if you ask me.

DBroncos4life
03-08-2010, 07:19 PM
ok
we signed 3 FA runningbacks: Buckhalter, Jordan, and Arrington and still spent a "high" pick on a runningback
We signed Arrington, I love that. His contract was voided how many months later? So we only signed two RB's and you know it. Then there is the fact that Jordan got like 10 carries all season long and was never brought in to be a starter. Hill and Dawkins both were brought into start. So there was a RB battle between Buckhalter and Moreno and both ended up splitting carries during the season.

Drek
03-08-2010, 07:21 PM
We signed Arrington, I love that. His contract was voided how many months later? So we only signed two RB's and you know it. Then there is the fact that Jordan got like 10 carries all season long and was never brought in to be a starter. Hill and Dawkins both were brought into start. So there was a RB battle between Buckhalter and Moreno and both ended up splitting carries during the season.

We also brought in Darrell Reid and extended Marquis Haggan, then drafted Ayers in the first.

If any kind of patterns can be sussed out of McDaniels' first off-season at the helm its that he likes to draft rookie depth to backup his veteran FA acquisitions and that he generally likes the same guys Mike Mayock likes.

Br0nc0Buster
03-08-2010, 07:23 PM

We signed 3 runningbacks before the draft and then drafted Moreno
We later cut Arrington

That doesnt change the fact that we signed multiple free agents at a position and still spent a "high" draft pick there

Bannon isnt a world beater, neither is Green, and Williams is 34 years old
There is no reason to pass up a top flight linemen because of those players

and that is assuming we even get them, which to this date we have not

DBroncos4life
03-08-2010, 07:30 PM
We also brought in Darrell Reid and extended Marquis Haggan, then drafted Ayers in the first.

If any kind of patterns can be sussed out of McDaniels' first off-season at the helm its that he likes to draft rookie depth to backup his veteran FA acquisitions and that he generally likes the same guys Mike Mayock likes.

I stand by what I said before if we sign two or all of Williams, Edwards, and Green we will look at a skill position in the first round. I still think we will bring Holliday back as well. There wouldn't be any room for Dan Williams in my opinion. The one person I wouldn't be shocked if we took out of the blue would be Jason Pierre-Paul.

Tomeboy58801
03-08-2010, 07:32 PM
I am not sure about Jamal Williams, he has been trouble for the Broncos and everyone else he has played, but he was injured last year and is getting up there in age. He would be fine in a rotation with our other players, but we could not count on him all season. If we can get him cheap enough I guess why not. I would like to see some younger guys in there also, hopefully we can draft someone of value in the later rounds.

Play2win
03-08-2010, 07:39 PM
I would be ecstatic if we could get JAMAL, absolutely freaking psyched.

And if we drafted Dan Williams, words could not express...

Requiem
03-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Ben Watson is apparently on his way to Denver as well.

DBroncos4life
03-08-2010, 07:45 PM
We signed 3 runningbacks before the draft and then drafted Moreno
We later cut Arrington

That doesnt change the fact that we signed multiple free agents at a position and still spent a "high" draft pick there

Bannon isnt a world beater, neither is Green, and Williams is 34 years old
There is no reason to pass up a top flight linemen because of those players

and that is assuming we even get them, which to this date we have not

Darrell Reid, Ryan McBean, Ronald Fields, and Justin Bannan are the guys on the roster that I think stick from our roster. Baker should get moved to the PS. Should we resign Vonnie Holliday and add two of the following Dwan Edwards, Jamal Williams or Jarvis Green that would leave us with 7 players that we could rotate with the front three. I'm not saying that it's impossible that we wouldn't go with Dan Williams (I think it's a reach at 11) I just don't think it's likely. If you do that's great. I just think QB, S, MLB or CB would be a more likely target. With the news that Bryant isn't even going to run at his pro day I can't see us taking him at 11 either. My sleeper pick for 11 is Jason Pierre-Paul. Drafting him might allow us to pull another shocker and trade Doom.

Drek
03-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Darrell Reid, Ryan McBean, Ronald Fields, and Justin Bannan are the guys on the roster that I think stick from our roster. Baker should get moved to the PS. Should we resign Vonnie Holliday and add two of the following Dwan Edwards, Jamal Williams or Jarvis Green that would leave us with 7 players that we could rotate with the front three. I'm not saying that it's impossible that we wouldn't go with Dan Williams (I think it's a reach at 11) I just don't think it's likely. If you do that's great. I just think QB, S, MLB or CB would be a more likely target. With the news that Bryant isn't even going to run at his pro day I can't see us taking him at 11 either. My sleeper pick for 11 is Jason Pierre-Paul. Drafting him might allow us to pull another shocker and trade Doom.

I think the entire point of going after the Bannan's and Williams's of the FA market is to keep yourself from having to overpick Dan Williams at #11.

If he isn't well positioned there they can look at a Wooton or Cam Thomas in round 2.

But I also think that if we sign two or more of Jamal Williams, Dwan Edwards, and Jarvis Green that we'll have a few guys on the chopping block come next season. Reid is grouped with the OLBs as much as the DEs, so its likely they don't view him as a hit against the DL count. At that point you're asking if we'd want Green/Edwards/a young drafted talent or Holliday, and I think there is a good chance Holliday loses that battle.

Br0nc0Buster
03-08-2010, 08:09 PM

I agree pretty much with what Drek says
I think Josh is looking to aggressively fill holes in FA and try to draft his best players in the draft
He said last year he drafts by "player not position"
I dont know if they even like Williams, but I dont see Josh using positions of need as a template for the draft

TonyR
03-08-2010, 08:16 PM
...I'm not saying that it's impossible that we wouldn't go with Dan Williams (I think it's a reach at 11) I just don't think it's likely.

That's the beauty of signing these FA's. Gives you more flexibility in the draft to take a BPA approach instead of reaching for need.

DBroncos4life
03-08-2010, 08:27 PM
That's the beauty of signing these FA's. Gives you more flexibility in the draft to take a BPA approach instead of reaching for need.

I think Dan Williams at 11 would be a reach with or without those players brought in. I don't think he is a bad player at all, but if we are going to that is out of the norm for a position inside the top 15 I would rather go Mike Iupati.

400HZ
03-08-2010, 08:32 PM
I'm curious to see how much money he commands. If I was another team, I'd definitely sign him for a couple million if he was willing to play for that. It's not wholly clear whether the Chargers released him because of money, injury, declining performance, or because he was a party boy.

Dedhed
03-08-2010, 08:34 PM
The key word is "high".

Seems to me we picked up a couple of FA RBs as well:-*

orinjkrush
03-08-2010, 09:28 PM
take him, take him, take him. he's an upgrade, period. and he reduces the chuggers. take anybody who we can use and can diminish the AFC competition. (cough...Biltimore)

boltaneer
03-08-2010, 09:31 PM
It's not wholly clear whether the Chargers released him because of money, injury, declining performance, or because he was a party boy.

From what I understand, it's pretty much all of the above, outside of the party boy thing. I know he had the one DUI recently but he seems to be a model citizen otherwise.

400HZ
03-08-2010, 09:36 PM
From what I understand, it's pretty much all of the above, outside of the party boy thing. I know he had the one DUI recently but he seems to be a model citizen otherwise.

He was definitely one of the party boys. Shaun Phillips and Stephen Cooper didn't get cut along with him though so that definitely wasn't the only factor.

Dedhed
03-08-2010, 09:38 PM
I think the entire point of going after the Bannan's and Williams's of the FA market is to keep yourself from having to overpick Dan Williams at #11.

Exactly!

JJJ
03-08-2010, 09:48 PM
Jamal is simply an awesome player. No doubt in my mind he has some, not a lot, but some left in the tank. He makes the players around him much better. I think you will get one or two decent years out of him.

BroncoMan4ever
03-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Well played, sir.

Chris Baker. not ready yet, but learning and waiting for his time to arrive.

MABroncoFan
03-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Ben Watson is apparently on his way to Denver as well.

Where did you see that?

boltaneer
03-08-2010, 10:05 PM
He was definitely one of the party boys. Shaun Phillips and Stephen Cooper didn't get cut along with him though so that definitely wasn't the only factor.

I think Shaun Phillips' time here is just about up as well. I say one more year if he doesn't mature quickly. Though it will be curious to see if they are willing to let him and Merriman walk in the same year.

Br0nc0Buster
03-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Where did you see that?

its a false report that someone posted on a different forum
Watson is not coming to Denver

Florida_Bronco
03-08-2010, 10:55 PM
its a false report that someone posted on a different forum
Watson is not coming to Denver

Not yet, but don't be surprised if he ends up visiting soon.

Kaylore
03-08-2010, 11:25 PM
I don't expect more than one year of somewhat decent service out of him. I think this year he'll be a solid part of a rotation and next year he'll go all Casey Wiegman on us.

colonelbeef
03-08-2010, 11:26 PM
Well played, sir.

Shocker. ThatOneDenverMooseFlufferGuy thinks it's a great move. Stop the presses.

Kaylore
03-08-2010, 11:42 PM
Shocker. ThatOneDenverMooseFlufferGuy thinks it's a great move. Stop the presses.
Shocker. Colonelbeef hates everything.

400HZ
03-08-2010, 11:48 PM
I think Shaun Phillips' time here is just about up as well. I say one more year if he doesn't mature quickly. Though it will be curious to see if they are willing to let him and Merriman walk in the same year.

Reading that moron's twitter feed makes me want to go kick him in the balls.

ZONA
03-09-2010, 02:11 AM
I don't expect more than one year of somewhat decent service out of him. I think this year he'll be a solid part of a rotation and next year he'll go all Casey Wiegman on us.

You mean he'll lose weight and weigh in at a whopping 275 pounds, lol. I think there are long snappers who weigh more then Wiegman, hahahaha.Hilarious!

chrisp
03-09-2010, 06:50 AM
I'm curious to see how much money he commands. If I was another team, I'd definitely sign him for a couple million if he was willing to play for that. It's not wholly clear whether the Chargers released him because of money, injury, declining performance, or because he was a party boy.

I read somewhere that he was due 5 mil this coming season on his current contract, so they cut him becuase they didn't want to pay him that, even though they did still want him at a lower price.

So I'm guessing he wanted to hit the open market, given that we've seen a lot of other top NTs locked up this offseason to make the pickings in the market somewhat slim - if there wasn't some desire on his part to hit the market he probably would have restructured - and who can blame him? Decent NTs are hard to find,which is why the likes of Wilfork and the rest never got as far as making visits.....

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-09-2010, 06:54 AM
Chris Baker. not ready yet, but learning and waiting for his time to arrive.

And who better to learn from than Williams?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-09-2010, 06:55 AM
Shocker. Colonelbeef hates everything.

More like PrivateBeef. He ain't smart enough to be a Colonel.

UberBroncoMan
03-09-2010, 09:00 AM
For what it's worth Wikipedia has been updated to say Jamal Williams just signed a 3 year contract with us.

Was bummed when I came to the forum after seeing that to find no thread about him being signed.

Hopefully it proves true.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamal_Williams

tsiguy96
03-09-2010, 09:33 AM
For what it's worth Wikipedia has been updated to say Jamal Williams just signed a 3 year contract with us.

Was bummed when I came to the forum after seeing that to find no thread about him being signed.

how crazy would it be if it was announced later today? that means someone deep in the organization updated wikipedia. josh mcdaniels, you sly bastard...

DenverBrit
03-09-2010, 09:41 AM
how crazy would it be if it was announced later today? that means someone deep in the organization updated wikipedia. josh mcdaniels, you sly bastard...

Quick, check and see who signed Marshall. Ha!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-09-2010, 09:53 AM
Quick, check and see who signed Marshall. Ha!

It says the Saskatchewan Rough Riders of the CFL. Wait a minute.. that can't be right.

DAMN YOU, WIKI!

Gcver2ver3
03-09-2010, 12:29 PM

the Wikipedia site has since removed all Denver Broncos association with Jamal W...

has him now listed a an UFA...

BMarsh615
03-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Heard he was on his way to New Orleans :(

cabronco
03-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Heard he was on his way to New Orleans :(

Apparently we didnt put enough on his plate for him. ???

sorry couldnt resist...

SonOfLe-loLang
03-09-2010, 12:41 PM
well, that was fun while it lasted

MABroncoFan
03-09-2010, 12:42 PM
My guess is he doesn't sign w/ the Broncos. If there hasn't been any news yet, and he has indeed left for NO, then we can probably forget about him.

Florida_Bronco
03-09-2010, 12:50 PM
My guess is he doesn't sign w/ the Broncos. If there hasn't been any news yet, and he has indeed left for NO, then we can probably forget about him.

That's not true really. Players don't always take the first deal they get. They like to shop their services around usually.

lookin' glass
03-09-2010, 01:06 PM
I wonder if Denver has interest in Ma'ake Kemoeatu. The year he hit Free Agency the first time the Panthers grabbed him in a millisecond. I don't think he lived up to the billing. I don't know about injury history but he played well for Balt. when he was there. They let Kris Jenkins go because they got him.
Atogwe fits in this catagory as well. I lot of people here wanted the Broncos to sign him.