PDA

View Full Version : Who has harder job

elsid13
03-07-2010, 10:59 AM
Just wondering what the forum think has the harder job "rebuilding" his team - McDaniels or Shanahan.

Tombstone RJ
03-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Just wondering what the forum think has the harder job "rebuilding" his team - McDaniels or Shanahan.

I think there's a little more pressure on Shanny. Right now, his job is harder.

TonyR
03-07-2010, 11:16 AM
That's a tough call, pretty close, but I'll say Shanahan. He's got some talent, particularly on D, but the OL is a mess and RB and WR are both mediocre. But Campbell has some talent that Shanahan can probably maximize, Cooley is a good weapon, and Albert Haynesworth on the DL doesn't hurt.

azbroncfan
03-07-2010, 11:16 AM
Shanny just because his division is much harder.

gyldenlove
03-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Shanahan, the Skins are a much more dysfunctional organization than the Broncos.

rastaman
03-07-2010, 02:53 PM

McD will have it easier b/c he inherited an 8-8 team vs Shanny is inheriting a 3-8 team.

colonelbeef
03-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Shanahan, he has nowhere near the talent on the offensive side of the ball as McDaniels did when he took over in Denver, and as this past superbowl proved once again, you need high level play from the QB position in order to win championships.

bowtown
03-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Shanahan, purely based on the respective teams' ownership.

TonyR
03-07-2010, 05:59 PM
...Shanny is inheriting a 3-8 team.

Skins only played 11 games last season?

Pony Boy
03-07-2010, 06:14 PM
We don't rebuild... we reload ......

Dedhed
03-07-2010, 06:15 PM
Skins only played 11 games last season?

Beat me to it. Rasta probably believes it though.

Borks147
03-07-2010, 06:27 PM
We don't rebuild... we reload ......

hehehe

Dedhed
03-07-2010, 06:31 PM
It's always harder to build a reputation than it is to expand on one.

worm
03-07-2010, 06:53 PM
It's always harder to build a reputation than it is to expand on one.

Building or expanding a rep...all you have to do is win. Pretty simple.

ColoradoDarin
03-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Redskins - they are now perpetually one player away....

tsiguy96
03-07-2010, 07:13 PM
shanahan for sure. i dont think they have a single OL who would start over ours, and we dont even have a center signed yet. they need RB, WR as well, QB isnt solid there either. mcdaniels did a really good job on the defense here last year and has continued so far, now he needs to hit on his draft picks to make this a winning team consistently.

Dedhed
03-07-2010, 07:41 PM
Building or expanding a rep...all you have to do is win. Pretty simple.

There are a ton of things that lead to that bottom line, and a lot of them are easier to get when you have a track record in the league.

Pretty complex if you put some thought into it.

robbieopperude
03-07-2010, 11:44 PM
McDaniels has done a good job in Free Agency but after we trade B.Marsh we will have only 3 premier players. Clady, Dumvervil and Champ. The next best players on out team would be Dawkins, Kuper, and DJ Williams. I think our team is composed of mostly average or better players. I don't think that will get it done against teams like the Colts who have Manning, Freeney, Mathis, Wayne, Clark, a solid OL and quality LB's.

I do think we are gaining on the Chargers with there recent losses to LT, Williams, Cromartie and Merriman in the future.

tsiguy96
03-08-2010, 04:04 AM
McDaniels has done a good job in Free Agency but after we trade B.Marsh we will have only 3 premier players. Clady, Dumvervil and Champ. The next best players on out team would be Dawkins, Kuper, and DJ Williams. I think our team is composed of mostly average or better players. I don't think that will get it done against teams like the Colts who have Manning, Freeney, Mathis, Wayne, Clark, a solid OL and quality LB's.

I do think we are gaining on the Chargers with there recent losses to LT, Williams, Cromartie and Merriman in the future.

this is true, but does having 3 premier players and a bunch of average/above average make you a better team than say 5 premier players and a bunch of backups on the team?

and last year, kuper did not play like a greatly above average player. dawkins played great, dj played good, orton played good.

robbieopperude
03-08-2010, 04:46 AM
this is true, but does having 3 premier players and a bunch of average/above average make you a better team than say 5 premier players and a bunch of backups on the team?

and last year, kuper did not play like a greatly above average player. dawkins played great, dj played good, orton played good until we needed him to..

I don't think the colts have a bunch of backups though. There OL is solid and likely considered better than ours. There LB's are equal to ours. There secondary is vastly underrated when Bob Sanders is playing. We have a huge talent cap between us and the Colts. I do think we are close to the Ravens, Patriots, Chargers, Jets of the world. We just need to play better. I think if you swap out Orton and find a Pro Bowl level QB last year we finish 10 and 6 or better. That is why I have been a big supporter of exploring for McNabb at QB.

BroncoMan4ever
03-08-2010, 05:42 AM
in terms of job and rebuilding of their respective clubs, Shanahan inherited a team with a pretty damn good defense, and an ok offense, averaging right around 17 a game. McDaniels inherited an ok offense and a High School JV defense.

i say McDaniels had the harder job. not only is he here to install his system and vision for the team, but also had to create something resembling an NFL defense.

more was dropped in the lap of McDaniels.

BroncoMan4ever
03-08-2010, 05:44 AM
I don't think the colts have a bunch of backups though. There OL is solid and likely considered better than ours. There LB's are equal to ours. There secondary is vastly underrated when Bob Sanders is playing. We have a huge talent cap between us and the Colts. I do think we are close to the Ravens, Patriots, Chargers, Jets of the world. We just need to play better. I think if you swap out Orton and find a Pro Bowl level QB last year we finish 10 and 6 or better. That is why I have been a big supporter of exploring for McNabb at QB.

i doubt even Peyton Manning would have gotten this team better than 9-7 last season.

the way our line played and the complete non existance of a legit rushing game, no QB was going to have tremendous success leading the offense last year.

The MVPlaya
03-08-2010, 05:44 AM
McDaniels - results/expectations are expected RIGHT away.

Washington knows they won't be anywhere next year and possibly the next.

oubronco
03-08-2010, 06:27 AM
Neither team has a QB worth a shyt

Cito Pelon
03-08-2010, 07:39 AM
I think there's a little more pressure on Shanny. Right now, his job is harder.

Shanny wangled a 5-year contract, right? He might be the HC with the longest contract in the NFL right now.

Smart guy, he's covered his bases for the rebuild, so he won't be under pressure contract-wise for three years. Fan pressure will be hard I guess.

I'm thinking Shanny has the harder job because he's just started to get "his" players and system installed.

OOJack
03-08-2010, 09:29 AM
Shanny by far; he has to try to win. EFFING up comes natural to McD as a head coach, which is his obvious strategy for the job.

Cito Pelon
03-08-2010, 10:02 AM
Shanny by far; he has to try to win. EFFING up comes natural to McD as a head coach, which is his obvious strategy for the job.

WTF are you talking about?

OOJack
03-08-2010, 10:05 AM
WTF are you talking about?

WTF are you not getting?

Cool Breeze
03-08-2010, 10:09 AM
WTF are you not getting?

He's not getting your statement - neither am I.

OOJack
03-08-2010, 10:13 AM
He's not getting your statement - neither am I.

And you're mad at me because neither of you can read?!?

Cool Breeze
03-08-2010, 10:17 AM
And you're mad at me because neither of you can read?!?

Who is mad? Just elaborate.

oubronco
03-08-2010, 10:19 AM
shanny by far; he has to try to win. Effing up comes natural to mcd as a head coach, which is his obvious strategy for the job.

rofl! Rofl!

OOJack
03-08-2010, 10:23 AM
Who is mad? Just elaborate.

Haha, around we go. What are you not getting (i.e. what needs be explained)?

jhns
03-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Well it is pretty easy to look up and see what these teams did right before these new coaches showed up. Shanahan just got a worse team than McDaniels did when he came here.

That being said, I may have to change my vote to McDaniels. He has a harder job because he keeps making dumb decisions and has no idea what he is doing. His job should be easier though.

tsiguy96
03-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Well it is pretty easy to look up and see what these teams did right before these new coaches showed up. Shanahan just got a worse team than McDaniels did when he came here.

That being said, I may have to change my vote to McDaniels. He has a harder job because he keeps making dumb decisions and has no idea what he is doing. His job should be easier though.

:spit:

youre awesome jhns

robbieopperude
03-08-2010, 06:20 PM
i doubt even Peyton Manning would have gotten this team better than 9-7 last season.

the way our line played and the complete non existance of a legit rushing game, no QB was going to have tremendous success leading the offense last year.

We probably go 11 and 5 with Peyton Manning. You are talking about trading out one of the worst starting QB's in the NFL for one of the top 3. You are trying to say that is only good for 1 more win in the season. Hardly.

BroncoMan4ever
03-08-2010, 08:58 PM
We probably go 11 and 5 with Peyton Manning. You are talking about trading out one of the worst starting QB's in the NFL for one of the top 3. You are trying to say that is only good for 1 more win in the season. Hardly.

Orton statistically was better than right around 20 starting QBs last season. he was a top half of the league starter and borderline top 12.

the way our line played last season and considering the fact that Manning's mobility makes Orton look like Usain Bolt and our non existent running game, there is a snowballs chance in hell that Manning leads the team to any better of a record than Orton did.