PDA

View Full Version : Boldin traded to Baltimore

GoBroncos84
03-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Adam_Schefter

Done deal: Arizona trades WR Anquan Boldin and a 2010 fifth-round pick to Baltimore for Ravens 2010 third- and fourth-round picks.

TheDave
03-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Baltimore just got a lot better.

KevinJames
03-05-2010, 03:21 PM
LMAO wow Cardinals got raped on that deal

Smiling Assassin27
03-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Baltimore just got a lot better.

F'in Hell.

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-05-2010, 03:23 PM
Cheap, in the way of picks, but let's see what kind of money he wants.

Kaylore
03-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Hopefully this drives the price for Marshall up.

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-05-2010, 03:26 PM
4 years, 28 million

Tombstone RJ
03-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Nice pick up by Baltimore. Why even get into the Bmarsh bidding with Boldin sitting there for a 3rd. As far as a contract is concerned, I'm sure they'll get something done before training camp.

WolfpackGuy
03-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Hopefully this drives the price for Marshall up.

It sure didn't hurt Marshall's trade value.

Beantown Bronco
03-05-2010, 03:35 PM
It sure didn't hurt Marshall's trade value.

I happen to think the opposite.

His value was less than a very late 3rd and 4th rounder? Less than a year ago, an OMane poll showed the majority of us thought that if we tried to trade Marshall for Boldin straight up, that we'd have to throw in another pick to make it even. How quickly things change....

Tombstone RJ
03-05-2010, 03:38 PM
I happen to think the opposite.

His value was less than a very late 3rd and 4th rounder? Less than a year ago, an OMane poll showed the majority of us thought that if we tried to trade Marshall for Boldin straight up, that we'd have to throw in another pick to make it even. How quickly things change....

I agree. This makes Bmarsh less valuable, not more. If Boldin can be had for a 3rd and a 4th, why can't Bmarsh who's a freaking head case?

Bronco CB40
03-05-2010, 03:44 PM
LOL at the Queefs!!! That's what happens when you are a toilet franchise.

**** the Hunts, Scott Pioli, Todd Haley, Matt Cassel, the players and all their fans.

This is for you, Kansas City.

http://www.highfunction.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/middle_finger.jpg

WolfpackGuy
03-05-2010, 03:45 PM
Well, if Marshall signs an offer sheet which will very likely happen this weekend, he could be had for the #6 pick.

A good WR just got taken off the market. I don't see how this would hurt Marshall's demand.

Also, Boldin wasn't an RFA from what I could tell.

Rohirrim
03-05-2010, 03:47 PM
I guess now we know why Ozzie wasn't calling about Brandon.

Rohirrim
03-05-2010, 03:49 PM
4 years, 28 million

They reported on KOA that Shefter says Brandon will get in the vicinity of 4 years and $35 million from the Seagulls.

Rabb
LMAO wow Cardinals got raped on that deal

I actually disagree

3rd and 4th rounders are pretty damn good picks to have, that seems to be where there is a ton to work with

with Breaston coming up like he is, and the team wanting to unload him...I think it was a pretty good deal on paper

GoBroncos84
I agree. This makes Bmarsh less valuable, not more. If Boldin can be had for a 3rd and a 4th, why can't Bmarsh who's a freaking head case?

Marshall is the better player and younger. Yes, more risk involved. But also more reward. I wouldn't trade Marshall for a first rounder, but I don't make the decisions obviously.

GoBroncos84
They reported on KOA that Shefter says Brandon will get in the vicinity of 4 years and $35 million from the Seagulls.

Denver should match that if there are no poison pills

cutthemdown
03-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Boldin sort of dinged a lot, has taken a lot of abuse. Still though a great hard nosed player and when healthy will play good. I'd take a player who plays well for 10 games over crap for 16 any day.

Still Marshall a freak and in different echelon really.

gyldenlove
03-05-2010, 03:52 PM
Well if this will have any effect on Marshalls value is tricky to say, it is a supply and demand thing. Baltimore was not in demand for Marshall, but this does reduce the supply of top WRs available to other teams.

The price does surprise me a little bit, it is lower than I thought, but I guess between the big new contract and his injuries and playing in the shadow of Fitzgerald his value dropped quite a bit.

BlaK-Argentina
03-05-2010, 03:52 PM
Denver should match that if there are no poison pills

I agree. If that's the kind of money it'll take to keep Marshall, I think it's worth the risk.

WolfpackGuy
03-05-2010, 03:53 PM
Ravens 3rd rounder was 88.

4th round slot still to be determined due to comp picks.

Beantown Bronco
03-05-2010, 03:57 PM
A good WR just got taken off the market. I don't see how this would hurt Marshall's demand.

You and your neighbor are trying to sell your houses. They are similar in most "measurables." Your's may be a little newer, but his has some things yours doesn't. Your neighbor sells his for a lot less than you are asking for yours. Sure, there is less supply and competition, but he just potentially drove the market down by selling low. That's essentially my argument.

extralife
03-05-2010, 03:58 PM
I'd match that contract, but Seattle will put in a poison pill. They got burned by one with Hutchinson and returned the favor with Burleson, if you recall.

Beantown Bronco
03-05-2010, 03:59 PM
I'd match that contract, but Seattle will put in a poison pill. They got burned by one with Hutchinson and returned the favor with Burleson, if you recall.

No they won't. There's a reason why nobody has used them in the last few years. The owners won't allow it.

WolfpackGuy
03-05-2010, 04:05 PM

And now Burleson is on the Lions.

LOL

SonOfLe-loLang
03-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Why are these two similar? Marshall is 1) 5 years younger. 2) Healthy 3) Better

WolfpackGuy
03-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Well, luckily the Broncos remembered to attach the tender to Marshall.

For a time, I was wondering if they'd just let him walk.

montrose
03-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Wow. If we could get the #6 for Marshall in comparison to what they got for Anquan I'd be stunned.

strafen
03-05-2010, 04:12 PM
Well, if Marshall signs an offer sheet which will very likely happen this weekend, he could be had for the #6 pick.

Also, Boldin wasn't an RFA from what I could tell.Exactly.
Once Seattle makes an offer and Marsh signs it, it's then up to the Broncos to match it if they want Marsh back.
Otherwise is a done deal and the Broncos would get the #6 pick overall from Seattle...
For what I hear, it could be a deal worth $35mil which I don't see the Broncos paying Marsh that kind of money...

strafen
03-05-2010, 04:15 PM
Wow. If we could get the #6 for Marshall in comparison to what they got for Anquan I'd be stunned.Why?
Seattle wants him. Marsh is flying out there tomorrow, so it's a matter of Marshall accepting and signing an offer.
The Broncos all they have to do then, is to either match the offer if they want Marsh back, or take the 6th pick and move on...

Beantown Bronco
03-05-2010, 04:22 PM
Why?
Seattle wants him. Marsh is flying out there tomorrow, so it's a matter of Marshall accepting and signing an offer.
The Broncos all they have to do then, is to either match the offer if they want Marsh back, or take the 6th pick and move on...

You really don't understand what he's saying?

Put it this way, if someone told you a few months ago that Baltimore would manage to get Anquan Boldin for less than the equivalent of a VERY late 3rd rounder and 4th rounder....what would you think the Broncos would be able to get for Marshall? Nobody here would be saying "number 6 overall and maybe more". We'd have been happy with a late 2nd/early 3rd.

As a matter of fact, as I mentioned earlier, an OMane poll taken before the season started showed that over half the Mane believed Boldin had higher trade value than Marshall.

crush17
03-05-2010, 04:23 PM
Booooooooooo!!!

strafen
03-05-2010, 04:25 PM
You really don't understand what he's saying?

Put it this way, if someone told you a few months ago that Baltimore would manage to get Anquan Boldin for less than the equivalent of a VERY late 3rd rounder and 4th rounder....what would you think the Broncos would be able to get for Marshall? Nobody here would be saying "number 6 overall and maybe more". We'd have been happy with a late 2nd/early 3rd.

As a matter of fact, as I mentioned earlier, an OMane poll taken before the season started showed that over half the Mane believed Boldin had higher trade value than Marshall.I didn't think Boldin would demand a 3rd and a 4th to be quite honest, but that would be irrelevant to him, if he signs a contract worth the money he was looking for...no?

Beantown Bronco
03-05-2010, 04:32 PM
I didn't think Boldin would demand a 3rd and a 4th to be quite honest

Considering Roy Williams fetched a 1st, 3rd and 6th? Deion Branch went for a first?

Boldin is 10x the receiver both those guys are.

but that would be irrelevant to him, if he signs a contract worth the money he was looking for...no?

I'm not talking about him individually and his own personal contract demands. I'm talking about what a team would have to give up just to have his rights.