PDA

View Full Version : If we get #6....

TheDave
03-05-2010, 02:30 PM
What do you do with it...

I think everyone can agree Suh, McCoy and Bradford are gone. That leaves 3 OT's and Eric Berry.

Under those circumstances I think you have to trade back. Berry is a hell of a player but #6 money to a safety is a little tough to swallow. Add to that we drafted 2 safties last year.

I'm think you dangle # 6 to anyone who wants Clausen or one of the OT's... and hope for the best. ;D

extralife
03-05-2010, 02:31 PM
#6 blows, and no one trades up in the first round of the NFL draft, especially not a year before the rooking contracts go down.

loborugger
03-05-2010, 02:33 PM
Maybe we can use the pick and Orton to create a package for a trade to get a franchise QB.

I hear they are a little disappointed with their talented, strong armed, QB in Chicago...

:P

loborugger
03-05-2010, 02:33 PM
On a more serious note... I would love to get a big time DE/DT with that draft.

supermanhr9
03-05-2010, 02:34 PM
I disagree, Clausen won't be there @ 6. He will be drafted top 5 unless he blows balls on his pro day. No one is gonna trade up for one of the OT's, I think the #6 isn't that great of an idea unless there is a team that is drooling over Eric Berry?

jhns
03-05-2010, 02:35 PM
I would really try trading up for Suh or Bradford. My 3rd choice would be Berry. I would pay any of these guys and think two of them will be studs. The other, Bradford, has lots of potential at a position I would be willing to pay for potential.

If none of those are available, I would try trading down. Since we would probably never find a trade partner, I don't know what I would do.

jhns
03-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Maybe we can use the pick and Orton to create a package for a trade to get a franchise QB.

I hear they are a little disappointed with their talented, strong armed, QB in Chicago...

:P

Trade number six for number six? Talk about a dream come true.

WolfpackGuy
03-05-2010, 02:37 PM
Trade down

OR, pull a Vikings and don't draft when it's your time...

Whatever they do, don't draft a QB before round 3.

TheDave
03-05-2010, 02:39 PM
I disagree, Clausen won't be there @ 6. He will be drafted top 5 unless he blows balls on his pro day. No one is gonna trade up for one of the OT's, I think the #6 isn't that great of an idea unless there is a team that is drooling over Eric Berry?

I'll bet bradford, Suh, McCoy go 1,2,3... Washington takes Okung @ 4

The only question left is who does KC take at 5?

If it's a tackle, then that leaves Clausen, Bulaga, and berry.

If they take Clausen then it's both tackles and Berry.

Point is we need to be VERY happy with Berry or have a real good idea how we can trade this pick.

BroncoSojia
03-05-2010, 02:40 PM
If Bradford doesn't get picked at #1 then it pretty much guarantees that at least one QB will be there at #6. (barring a team trading up)

KevinJames
03-05-2010, 02:42 PM
If Eric Berry is still there we have to take him.

ColoradoBuff
03-05-2010, 02:44 PM
I think it's Clausen.

ludo21
03-05-2010, 02:44 PM
Trade back if possible. Berry at 6 is not worth it. I just pray Okung drops if we want a Tackle

DBroncos4life
03-05-2010, 02:45 PM
More then likely pay about the same for the player that we draft there then what the Hawks will pay for Marshall.

Ziggy
03-05-2010, 02:45 PM
Or package the #6 and #11 to move up to the 1st pick if the Broncos believe that Bradford will be a franchise QB.

mattob14
03-05-2010, 02:47 PM
I'm actually hoping we can leverage the Jets to get Seattle to make an offer of #14 and #40. That's a huge price to pay, but that leaves them in position to pick up Bradford/Clausen and Marshall this off-season and put together a solid young core.

If they could somehow pull that off:
#11- Dan Williams
#14- Sean Weatherspoon
#40- Jared Odrick
#45- Demaryious Thomas
#81- Brandon Ghee
#112- Eric Olsen

That would be a perfect scenario!

The MVPlaya
03-05-2010, 02:48 PM
At 6 we would want to get an immediate impact/future super star player. Eric Berry would definitely fit that.

I like Sam Bradford but I'm not sure if he is what McDaniels is looking for. It's been said that at that position there a couple key things they require and need from every player that plays it - so whatever that is hopefully Bradford has it...

KevinJames
03-05-2010, 02:55 PM
How the hell are people saying Eric Berry isn't worth it?

Eric is the best safety to come out of college since the late Sean Taylor.

He is versatile and quick enough to play every DB position on the field, and he would be an instant starter opposite of Brian Dawkins when we draft him.

If Berry feel to 6 that be a steal for us and we would be dumb to pass on that.

Darcel McBath and Eric Berry could be a great safety tandem in the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r8q8aYIyFc&hd=1

montrose
03-05-2010, 02:57 PM
Try to trade down for multiple picks, if not - BPA

TheDave
03-05-2010, 02:59 PM
Well... If we draft Berry then we have to take williams @11

We would have the all Tenessee defense... ;D

oubronco
03-05-2010, 03:01 PM
they will trade it if they can

ColoradoBuff
03-05-2010, 03:03 PM
I'm actually hoping we can leverage the Jets to get Seattle to make an offer of #14 and #40. That's a huge price to pay, but that leaves them in position to pick up Bradford/Clausen and Marshall this off-season and put together a solid young core.

If they could somehow pull that off:
#11- Dan Williams
#14- Sean Weatherspoon
#40- Jared Odrick
#45- Demaryious Thomas
#81- Brandon Ghee
#112- Eric Olsen

That would be a perfect scenario!

Would LOVE that draft....but that means we would have from now till he signs the offer sheet to negotiate...once he signs that offer sheet the compensation becomes Seattle's 6th pick. Nothing more, nothing less!

WolfpackGuy
03-05-2010, 03:04 PM
they will trade it if they can

Hopefully, someone will be in love with Bradford or Clausen.

If one goes top 5, I bet a team will get antsy to get the other which might lead to a better deal.

broncosteven
03-05-2010, 03:07 PM
Why not just match Marshall's deal and stay with our pick at 11?

I am guessing I need to move on about losing Marshall real quick.

So long 15!

NFLBRONCO
03-05-2010, 03:07 PM
Unless you really love Clausen if you can trade back can you imagine denver bolstering de nt g wr/qb day 1 of draft.

TheDave
03-05-2010, 03:09 PM

So long 15!

I would keep Marshall also... but it looks like another big offseason trade.

mattob14
03-05-2010, 03:10 PM
Would LOVE that draft....but that means we would have from now till he signs the offer sheet to negotiate...once he signs that offer sheet the compensation becomes Seattle's 6th pick. Nothing more, nothing less!

Exactly, so there's not a big window there, but Denver does have some leverage. If I understand correctly, they can trade his rights (essentially the right of first refusal) to any team before he signs. If a deal with the Jets is close, Seattle may be willing to deal, rather than lose what appears to be their #1 target this off-season. That's probably wishful thinking on my part more than anything else, but it'd be an opportunity to add a ton of talent this off-season.

Florida_Bronco
03-05-2010, 03:11 PM
I want Clausen.

KevinJames
03-05-2010, 03:14 PM
6 Berry 11 Dez lets do it

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-05-2010, 03:15 PM
I want Clausen.

In "that" way?

hahaha, I wouldn't mind Claussen. I'm a bit bothered by what seems to be a huge attitude, but... GD it, the guy can play ball.

want2bAbronco2
03-05-2010, 03:16 PM
I dont think denver will keep both of there 1st if we get the 6th pick. Thats a lot of money to pay. If we do, i could see maybe trading our 2nd to move up to get one of the DTs or a qb. I would be totally stoked if we could get one of the DTs and Mcclain at 11. Would help our D right away!

Lolad
03-05-2010, 03:16 PM
6 Berry 11 Dez lets do it

so we trade a known commodity at WR for an unknown in Dez Bryant? Anybody flat out saying he will be a stud, I hope you're picking the mega millions because you have a crystal ball

want2bAbronco2
03-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Claussen wouldnt bother me either, but you need to build from the middle out on D/O and we need DT/Olin/Lbs pretty bad.

KevinJames
03-05-2010, 03:27 PM
so we trade a known commodity at WR for an unknown in Dez Bryant? Anybody flat out saying he will be a stud, I hope you're picking the mega millions because you have a crystal ball

Dez Bryant is twice the person and twice the athlete that Brandon Marshall is hes not going to sit there and burn us with his mistakes, everything your hearing about Dez being late and not caring is all pre-draft misinformation remember the stuff that was said about Harvin having character issues?

Dez Bryant is a All-Big 12 Academic honoree, which is quite impressive to me compared to Brandon Marshall who is lets face it pretty damn retarded and I think a lot of people will agree with me it seems he doesn't have a brain at times.

Dez Bryant is a faster version of Larry Fitzjerald who can also be an amazing punt returner.

Tombstone RJ
03-05-2010, 03:33 PM
Dez Bryant is twice the person and twice the athlete that Brandon Marshall is hes not going to sit there and burn us with his mistakes, everything your hearing about Dez being late and not caring is all pre-draft misinformation remember the stuff that was said about Harvin having character issues?

Dez Bryant is a All-Big 12 Academic honoree, which is quite impressive to me compared to Brandon Marshall who is lets face it pretty damn retarded and I think a lot of people will agree with me it seems he doesn't have a brain at times.

Dez Bryant is a faster version of Larry Fitzjerald who can also be an amazing punt returner.

Do you honestly think it's worth trading Bmarsh (who has a skinny contract and is one of the best WRs in the NFL) and getting Dez who's gonna want bigger money as an unproven rookie? Does not make sense.

lostknight
03-05-2010, 03:35 PM
Pair the 1sts and go after Suh.

Either that, or see if the Seahawks will take ALphonso for our first from last year and try that.

Tombstone RJ
03-05-2010, 03:36 PM
If the Broncos get the #6 for Seattle, they should trade down. Or they should draft Clausen and then trade Clausen to a team who wants a young QB (like the Manning/Rivers trade a few years back) and get either more picks or a player or both.

*WARHORSE*
03-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Watch.....Bradford is pumping iron.......hes gonna come in on his pro day and light it up, showing armstrength people didnt think he had.

Id think that the Seahawks will give up the 6th pick, but demand a swap for our other two first rounders. We get their 6th and 14th, they get Brandon and our 11th.

They can then get a very good OT that will still be on the board.

521 1N5
03-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Anybody who has watched any college football in the past 3 years SHOULD know if Eric Berry is available in THIS draft class, you take him. No question. The guy is the next Ed Reed. But better.

KevinJames
03-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Do you honestly think it's worth trading Bmarsh (who has a skinny contract and is one of the best WRs in the NFL) and getting Dez who's gonna want bigger money as an unproven rookie? Does not make sense.

it does make sense considering Seattle is going to offer Brandon Marshall a contract that will likely make him the highest paid WR in the NFL.

and the fact that we all know Marshall is one slip up or run in with the law away from being suspended and lost for the year.

http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-blog/files/2009/08/3293708869_8a7e4aa7dc.jpghttp://z.about.com/d/collegefootball/1/0/5/5/-/-/dezbryant.jpg

Dez is going to be a playmaker we won't miss a beat

TexanBob
03-05-2010, 03:40 PM
Not to pick a fight but can anyone name a safety taken in the top 10 who turned out to be worth it? Roy Williams quickly became a one-dimensional blitz LB. Michael Huff was a bust. Sean Taylor might have been great but we'll never know.

Now, in retrospect, Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu might have been worth Top 10 money but that's not where they were drafted.

BroncoSojia
03-05-2010, 03:41 PM
At #6 we draft Bradford/Clausen

We trade #11 for #25 and draft Arrelious Benn

Then we draft defense with our 2nd and 3rd round picks that we picked up from trading down.

Rohirrim
03-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Berry and Williams would KILL! I kid you not.

Rabb
03-05-2010, 03:44 PM
if he is there, we would be insane to skip Berry

after that I would take Bulaga, but I am starting to think we take Clausen...Pat made it pretty clear he wants a QB

if we took Berry, Bulaga or Clausen then Williams at 11, I would be happy

Tombstone RJ
03-05-2010, 03:45 PM
Not to pick a fight but can anyone name a safety taken in the top 10 who turned out to be worth it? Roy Williams quickly became a one-dimensional blitz LB. Michael Huff was a bust. Sean Taylor might have been great but we'll never know.

Now, in retrospect, Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu might have been worth Top 10 money but that's not where they were drafted.

If Eric Berry plays like Ed Reed and Troy Pola then he's worth the #6 pick. Hell, if he plays like Bob Sanders he's worth the #6 pick.

WolfpackGuy
03-05-2010, 03:48 PM

Eric Turner at 2 was pretty decent.

Until he died...

Ronnie Lott went 8.

Aftermath
03-05-2010, 03:49 PM
6 - BERRY
11 - BRYANT
/discussion

Killericon
03-05-2010, 03:52 PM
Trade down. Someone will want Clausen the same way someone wanted Sanchez.

KevinJames
03-05-2010, 03:52 PM
6 - BERRY
11 - BRYANT
/discussion

:notworthy

Beantown Bronco
03-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Two potentially high first rounders and some people STILL want to ignore the lines with both picks. Genius.

One pick? Fine. But both? Insanity.

jhns
03-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Two potentially high first rounders and some people STILL want to ignore the lines with both picks. Genius.

You can get good guards and centers in the 2nd and 3rd round. I would love Suh though and don't know what to do at 11.

oubronco
03-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Berry and Williams would KILL! I kid you not.

I'm down with that

Rohirrim
03-05-2010, 04:17 PM
Or the Bills could give us the 9 and 72 to move up for Clausen and we could come out of the first round with Bulaga and Dan Williams.

Hamrob
03-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Seattle will not give us the #6 pick. They will select Clausen at 6...write it down.

They will trade us the #14 (back) for Marshall.

We've signed a NT and Brandon Loyd will replace Marshall in the starting line-up along with Royal.

We will then draft DE and ILB with our 2 first round picks.

Archer81
03-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Seattle will not give us the #6 pick. They will select Clausen at 6...write it down.

We've signed a NT and Brandon Loyd will replace Marshall in the starting line-up along with Royal.

If Marshall signs the deal Seattle offers, and we do nothing, we get the 6th pick. Seattle would have to make it interesting for us to take the 14.

:Broncos:

meangene
03-05-2010, 04:50 PM

I agree with all of this but Lloyd starting. I think we draft a receiver in round 2 or 3 who could start. But, I agree Seattle will negotiate over the compensation for Marshall and then he will sign the tender with us so we can trade him to the Hawks. I think we end up with #14 and, maybe, Branch.

Lev Vyvanse
03-05-2010, 04:50 PM

If anyone takes over for Marshall it will be Gaffney.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-05-2010, 04:54 PM

List off the DL and not-OT OL worth the 6th pick? McCoy and Suh won't be there.

Berry at #6. I want no part of either QB or Dez Bryant.

Berry and McClain or Williams would be a great 1st round.

Paladin
03-05-2010, 05:02 PM
I agree with all of this but Lloyd starting. I think we draft a receiver in round 2 or 3 who could start. But, I agree Seattle will negotiate over the compensation for Marshall and then he will sign the tender with us so we can trade him to the Hawks. I think we end up with #14 and, maybe, Branch.

I think it wil be more than that, but that is all speculation......

Rabb
03-05-2010, 05:02 PM

we would have to agree to get the 14 back, they can't choose...by default unless they run it by us, we get the 6

barryr
03-05-2010, 05:10 PM
Berry is a playmaking safety, so yes, he's worth a high pick for sure. Finding players on defense who can create turnovers are hard to find. The Broncos can find a QB later in the draft, who can be just as good as the guys who figure to go high in the draft. The NFL is full of overrated QB's going in the 1st round and this year is no different.

Dagmar
03-05-2010, 05:19 PM

Hilarious!

They can't choose which one dude.

ayjackson
03-05-2010, 05:31 PM
Hilarious!

They can't choose which one dude.

It's not about choosing. Denver may prefer #14 plus another pick to #6 overall. There's a big money difference, too. Seattle and Marshall could work out a deal. Seattle and Denver would work out the trade. Then Marshall would sign the tender and the teams would consumate the trade.

Isn't this how it would work if it wasn't a straight offer sheet signing?

Hamrob
03-05-2010, 05:31 PM
Hilarious!

They can't choose which one dude.You really are small minded...aren't you?

Sure, if he signs the sheet and they sign him to an offer...we would "technically" get the 6th.

But............................................... .........................

The DENVER BRONCOS

can also trade Marshall at anytime for any compensation. Do you understand that?

Seattle will first offer us less compensation...and they may never give him an offer and sacrifice the #6. They will offer a trade to us instead. Sit back and learn young one!

They will most likely give us the #14 and at most a player to sweeten the deal.

Dagmar
03-05-2010, 05:34 PM
You really are small minded...aren't you?

Sure, if he signs the sheet and they sign him to an offer...we would "technically" get the 6th.

But............................................... .........................

The DENVER BRONCOS

can also trade Marshall at anytime for any compensation. Do you understand that?

Seattle will first offer us less compensation...and they may never give him an offer and sacrifice the #6. They will offer a trade to us instead. Sit back and learn young one!

They will most likely give us the #13 and at most a player to sweeten the deal.
How does that make me small minded sir? Continue with the insults dude.

And you want me to learn from someone who doesn't even know what number the pick is? LOL

Hamrob
03-05-2010, 05:35 PM
we would have to agree to get the 14 back, they can't choose...by default unless they run it by us, we get the 6You folks are killing me.

The Hawks will offer us a trade for Marshall. They will not sign him to an offer sheet. Watch.

They will offer us...something other than the #6. They will use the #6 to draft Clausen.

More than likely, they'll give us the #14 and another player perhaps.

BroncoInferno
03-05-2010, 05:36 PM
You folks are killing me.

The Hawks will offer us a trade for Marshall. They will not sign him to an offer sheet. Watch.

They will offer us...something other than the #6. They will use the #6 to draft Clausen.

Schefter just said it was definitely for the 6th pick.

Hamrob
03-05-2010, 05:37 PM
How does that make me small minded sir? Continue with the insults dude.

And you want me to learn from someone who doesn't even know what number the pick is? LOLA typing error. I lost 6 fingers in the war!!!

Archer81
03-05-2010, 05:37 PM
You folks are killing me.

You should have said that to start with, and save reading the half retarded attempts by you to explain it.

Hamrob
03-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Schefter just said it was definitely for the 6th pick.Go back and look at all the posts today.

Schefter...the mightly Schefter also said that nobody would offer the Broncos a #1 for Marshall. That was this morning.

Yes, it's a 6...if they sign him to an offer sheet. They won't.

They will offer us a trade.

KipCorrington25
03-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Berry

Hamrob
03-05-2010, 05:39 PM
You should have said that to start with, and save reading the half retarded attempts by you to explain it.

:Broncos:Sorry.

Archer81
03-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Go back and look at all the posts today.

Schefter...the mightly Schefter also said that nobody would offer the Broncos a #1 for Marshall. That was this morning.

If the Seahawks are that intent on signing Marshall, best bet would be the offer sheet, because the tradeoff on signing the 6th pick or Marshall's contract are going to be roughly the same. It makes no sense for Seattle financially to sign a high priced WR and a top 10 draft pick.

Hamrob
03-05-2010, 05:42 PM
If the Seahawks are that intent on signing Marshall, best bet would be the offer sheet, because the tradeoff on signing the 6th pick or Marshall's contract are going to be roughly the same. It makes no sense for Seattle financially to sign a high priced WR and a top 10 draft pick.

:Broncos:Come on. Do you really believe that? Who owns the Hawks?

Those guys want a shiny new QB to groom behind Hasselback and Clausen's there guy. They can get him a #6...not at #14.

BroncoInferno
03-05-2010, 05:43 PM
Go back and look at all the posts today.

Ok, Karnac. You with all your soures know better than Schefter Uhh

Archer81
03-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Come on. Do you really believe that? Who owns the Hawks?

Those guys want a shiny new QB to groom behind Hasselback and Clausen's there guy. They can get him a #6...not at #14.

Thats nice. Unfortunately a cap will come back into reality, and no matter how wealthy the owner might be, the cap is the same for every team.

Hamrob
03-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Ok, Karnac. You with all your soures know better than Schefter UhhThis is getting to be comic. Some idiot said the same thing this morning, when Schefter said that nobody would offer the Broncos a 1st round pick. I asked them if I could add them to the Stupid list if that turned out to be false. I never heard back from them.

Guess what....all of a sudden, we're going to be getting a 1.

Wow.

Hamrob
03-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Thats nice. Unfortunately a cap will come back into reality, and no matter how wealthy the owner might be, the cap is the same for every team.

:Broncos:Do you follow the NFL. This is an "UNCAPPED" year.

Archer81
03-05-2010, 05:47 PM
Do you follow the NFL. This is an "UNCAPPED" year.

Guess you missed the "cap will come back into reality" part.

BroncoInferno
03-05-2010, 05:48 PM
This is getting to be comic. Some idiot said the same thing this morning, when Schefter said that nobody would offer the Broncos a 1st round pick. I asked them if I could add them to the Stupid list if that turned out to be false. I never heard back from them.

Guess what....all of a sudden, we're going to be getting a 1.

Wow.

What's comical is that you, with zero sources, think you know exactly what's going to happen.

Hamrob
03-05-2010, 05:49 PM
Guess you missed the "cap will come back into reality" part.

:Broncos:Paul Allen isn't afraid of the CAP. They would have signed a #6 & #14 pick anyway.

Now they'll sign a #6 and Marshall. Not much diff.

Archer81
Paul Allen isn't afraid of the CAP. They would have signed a #6 & #14 pick anyway.

Now they'll sign a #6 and Marshall. Not much diff.

Whatever you say, kreskin.

Hamrob
What's comical is that you, with zero sources, think you know exactly what's going to happen.I know we're not getting the 6th pick. Would you like to put your money where your mouth is?

BroncoInferno
03-05-2010, 05:52 PM
I know we're not getting the 6th pick. Would you like to put your money where your mouth is?

Unlike, I don't pretend that I have some crystal ball or that I know better than a guy with an excellent track record for getting the story right and who has a ton of NFL sources.

Hamrob
03-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Unlike, I don't pretend that I have some crystal ball or that I know better than a guy with an excellent track record for getting the story right and who has a ton of NFL sources.Look...I'm a big Schefter fan too.

All I'm saying is...you're not listening correctly to what he's saying.

Yes, the Broncos get the #6 "If" the Hawks sign him to an offer sheet. That's what Adam is saying.

He's not saying that they will.

I'm saying that they won't...that's not contrary to what Adam is saying.

Hamrob
03-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Here....listen to this. It doesn't have to be the 6 if denver agrees to a trade. Also, it mentions that their hot for Clausen.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-free-agency/09000d5d816c44b3/Hawks-targeting-Marshall

no-pseudo-fan
03-05-2010, 06:18 PM
What I remember Seattle doing last year is insisting on our pick. I say we do the same thing. They want him, pay the man.

LRtagger
03-05-2010, 06:45 PM
Look...I'm a big Schefter fan too.

All I'm saying is...you're not listening correctly to what he's saying.

Yes, the Broncos get the #6 "If" the Hawks sign him to an offer sheet. That's what Adam is saying.

He's not saying that they will.

I'm saying that they won't...that's not contrary to what Adam is saying.

The other thread quotes Schefter as saying the Hawks are "very highly likely" to sign him to an offer sheet....not "if" they do the Broncos get #6.

maher_tyler
03-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Get the #6...trade up to the #1 or #2 and take Suh or McCoy!! If that doesn't happen...i think we take Bryant at #11. The thought of Gaffney being our #2 is scary! I could see us waiting until the later rounds to take D/OL guys!

Dedhed
03-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Claussen wouldnt bother me either, but you need to build from the middle out on D/O and we need DT/Olin/Lbs pretty bad.Clausen= Cutler's brain+Brady Quinn's talent.

Hamrob
03-05-2010, 08:16 PM
The other thread quotes Schefter as saying the Hawks are "very highly likely" to sign him to an offer sheet....not "if" they do the Broncos get #6.Yeah, you keep crossing your fingers. But, please, please...don't hold your breath!

Zoobie
03-05-2010, 08:51 PM
Yeah, you keep crossing your fingers. But, please, please...don't hold your breath!

If it makes you feel better I follow your line of thinking and agree. I really doubt they want to get rid of the 6th pick, a trade scenario seems much more likely. There are plenty of ways around the cap(even in a capped year) so they could sign Marshall and their pick at 6. Likewise, we will be able to pay our picks at 11 and 14 if a trade goes down between us. Having said that i'm not a huge fan of continuously paying two first rounders, two years in a row is really pushing it.

broncswin
03-05-2010, 09:25 PM
Trade number six for number six? Talk about a dream come true.

I know your not talking about a certain #6 that plays in Chi town..just say no

Hamrob
03-05-2010, 09:26 PM
If it makes you feel better I follow your line of thinking and agree. I really doubt they want to get rid of the 6th pick, a trade scenario seems much more likely. There are plenty of ways around the cap(even in a capped year) so they could sign Marshall and their pick at 6. Likewise, we will be able to pay our picks at 11 and 14 if a trade goes down between us. Having said that i'm not a huge fan of continuously paying two first rounders, two years in a row is really pushing it.I don't disagree.

For McDaniels it's really an issue between signing BM or signing another #1 draft pick.

No #1 pick is worth the value of BM...so, we will be getting hosed there.

But, compensation wise, we'll be paying out less (BM will command more than a #1 draft pick).

LonghornBronco
03-05-2010, 09:28 PM
Berry, or Bulaga at 6
Bryant, or McClain at 11

Taco John
03-05-2010, 09:31 PM
What's comical is that you, with zero sources, think you know exactly what's going to happen.

I don't have (m)any sources, but I know that I'd rather give up a first round pick for Brandon Marshall than draft Dez Bryant.

LonghornBronco
03-05-2010, 09:35 PM
No doubt! what is the failure rate of first round WR? (Markus Nash, Ashly lelie?!?

Jason7730
03-05-2010, 09:48 PM
Why do so many peolple want us to draft an OT in the first round?

Durango
03-05-2010, 09:51 PM

So long 15!

Same here. You read the stuff here and you'd think we traded Marshall a year ago. He's already digested and everyone's waiting to see what sh*ts out.

montrose
03-05-2010, 10:03 PM
If we get #6, I see us moving either it or #11 for other picks or future picks but I don't think our Buffalo-style payroll can afford those picks a year after paying #12 and #18.

Killericon
03-05-2010, 10:06 PM
Yeah, you keep crossing your fingers. But, please, please...don't hold your breath!

At first he said:

Filed to ESPN: Seattle is strongly considering signing Broncos restricted free-agent WR Brandon Marshall. A huge move.

If Seattle signs Brandon Marshall to the offer sheet, Broncos would have seven days to match -- or get back the draft's sixth overall pick.

His third tweet on the subject said this:

Oh boy -- Brandon Marshall expected to be in Seattle on Saturday to visit the Seahawks and see if they can hammer out an offer sheet.

I think it's pretty clear that he has some sort of indication that it's not a simple matter of the Broncos and Seattle talking about a trade, and that there's serious discussion about an offer sheet. He's using very specific language.

misturanderson
03-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Why do so many peolple want us to draft an OT in the first round?

Because Bulaga can and has played guard at a high level in college, so hecould fill that need for us right away. The other reason is that Harris is starting to seem a bit injury prone and having a good tackle to replace him if he can't stay healthy would be very useful.

ZONA
03-06-2010, 01:52 AM
why even bother with the worry about trying to find somebody to trade down with for the 6th. Just work something out with Seattle. Tell them they can keep #6 and we will take #14 and a 3rd or a player. There you go.

BMarsh615
03-06-2010, 02:06 AM
I really hope we don't take Clausen. I think he is a douche of epic proportions.

LRtagger
03-06-2010, 05:50 AM

Who said I was crossing my fingers? I was simply responding based in what was QUOTED. Personally, I would be fine with either keeping him or getting a first. I'm just ready for the drama to be over and for the team to move forward.

If that quote is wrong, please correct it. But don't pretend that I am putting words into his mouth to satisfy my own wants. It's what the man said, I didn't make it up.