PDA

View Full Version : Julius Peppers signs with.........

long beach bronco
03-05-2010, 01:09 PM
Just heard that Peppers is finalizing 6 year deal with the Chicago Bears.

bronco militia
03-05-2010, 01:10 PM
peepers and chester taylor.....nice work

Dagmar
03-05-2010, 01:13 PM
I think Lovie knows he needs a good, no, great season or he's done.

UberBroncoMan
03-05-2010, 01:14 PM
Damn. I was hoping to see the Bears crash and burn more.

Guess this also shows Peppers is all about the $, not a Super Bowl.

In his shows I would have gone to Philly in a heartbeat.

bowtown
03-05-2010, 01:21 PM
Dear Mr. Peppers

This is what the underside of a bus looks like:

http://www.busesonscreen.net/screenim2/t8dl11.jpg

Get used to it.

Love,

Jay Cutler

chex
03-05-2010, 01:23 PM
Well for sure, this is the most important offseason for that franchise in a very long time. They have to hit on all of their moves or they'll be the NY Knicks.

LetsGoBroncos
03-05-2010, 01:26 PM
Drop a huge load of cash for a 30 year old DE who will constantly be double teamed. I don't think it's worth it, but that is my opinion.

Requiem
03-05-2010, 01:28 PM
Well when you trade a #2 for a dead guy you gotta make up for it.

crush17
03-05-2010, 01:30 PM
stupid, stupid, stupid.

gtown
03-05-2010, 01:33 PM

LOL! Wrong but funny.

God, the Bears are a mess. They pluck Cutler away and do absolutely nothing to protect him. Granted he sucks, but he sucks less with 5 seconds to throw.

And for the record, Peppers is gonna get paid. What incentive is there for this guy to even care?

Beantown Bronco
03-05-2010, 01:36 PM
A lot of Pats fans aren't too happy with this. They've wanted Peppers for over a year now......they need a pass rush in the worst way.

Drek
03-05-2010, 01:47 PM
peepers and chester taylor.....nice work

Chester Taylor is a good back, but not a very good fit there in Chicago.

He's bringing the exact same tools as Forte. What they needed was a change of pace guy like Leon Washington or Darren Sproles. Baring getting one of those two in trade then go with Westbrook. Someone who offers a different array of skills for them, not the same damn thing.

Taylor and Forte are going to drop so damn many balls in Martz's offense.

Rohirrim
03-05-2010, 01:48 PM
I think the Bears just bought themselves a whole ****load of IHOP. :rofl:

Houshyamama
03-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Word is Peppers will be staying in Cutler's basement this offseason. They'll spend 2-3 hours a day practicing routes; Cutler wants to get better at throwing to DEs as he has grown tired of only throwing it to the secondary.

bronco militia
03-05-2010, 02:13 PM
Chester Taylor is a good back, but not a very good fit there in Chicago.

He's bringing the exact same tools as Forte. What they needed was a change of pace guy like Leon Washington or Darren Sproles. Baring getting one of those two in trade then go with Westbrook. Someone who offers a different array of skills for them, not the same damn thing.

Taylor and Forte are going to drop so damn many balls in Martz's offense.

what the hell are you smoking? I can't believe the Queens let Taylor go.

DBroncos4life
03-05-2010, 02:42 PM
I'd be pissed if we added a guy that could get double digit sacks on this team. The guy has 81 sacks in 80 career games. All issues aside the guy can be very good at rushing the passer. Anyways I think it's a tad weird dogging on a team trying to improve by adding a player with pro bowl type ability when we are trying to unload one for our big move of the off-season.

I don't think Peppers puts them over the top or does anything to protect Cutler at all but I don't think he hurts the Bears at all either. If anything it helps keep Bears fans happy. Most people thought that Peppers was the biggest free agent out there this year.

Kaylore
03-05-2010, 02:45 PM
I think the Bears just bought themselves a whole ****load of IHOP. :rofl:

ROFL! This.

blackpower
03-05-2010, 02:47 PM
man we should of getten peppers

supermanhr9
03-05-2010, 02:53 PM
Waste of money. I'm just saying that because guys who are all about the money usually never rock out after they finally get their contract. i.e. albert haynesworth

Br0nc0Buster
03-05-2010, 03:05 PM
Lets see
Has been hurt and inconsistent the past couple years
Is 30 years old

Yeah that is a risky move on the Bears part
My guess is Peppers has seen his best days, but there is a chance he might decide to try again

But damn that defense is getting really old

DBroncos4life
03-05-2010, 03:07 PM
Lets see
Has been hurt and inconsistent the past couple years
Is 30 years old

Yeah that is a risky move on the Bears part
My guess is Peppers has seen his best days, but there is a chance he might decide to try again

But damn that defense is getting really old

You do know that the guy has 25 sacks over the last two seasons right?

Br0nc0Buster
03-05-2010, 03:12 PM
You do know that the guy has 25 sacks over the last two seasons right?

and 27 the last 3
Peppers is a good player, as is Albert Haynesworth
But I have my doubts about giving a 30 year old a huge contract coming off a contract year

DBroncos4life
03-05-2010, 03:24 PM
and 27 the last 3
But I have my doubts about giving a 30 year old a huge contract coming off a contract year

And 81 sacks out of 80 games played. One bad season three seasons ago doesn't make it a trend for Peppers man. Also Haynesworth played very well last year. Anyone that says different is just crazy.

broncosteven
03-05-2010, 04:14 PM

They had to do this or the fan base would EXplode. They spent 2 #1's on a QB who threw the most INT's in the league then a 2 on a dude who drops dead (RIP).

I figured this was a done deal when they cut Harris. Now they can put a pass rusher in at DT and move Peppers around at end to command the double team.

Lovie has 1 more year and he needed this.

colonelbeef
03-05-2010, 05:43 PM

lol, quite true

Cool Breeze
03-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Does Peppers play Offensive Line?
They are screwed

KevinJames
03-06-2010, 12:36 AM
http://i.tsn.com/i/photos/20100305/137553.gif

Dr. Broncenstein
03-06-2010, 06:38 AM
91 million for six years. 42 million guaranteed.

Per ESPN.

chrisp
03-06-2010, 07:02 AM
One of two things will happen: either this is the move which returns the Bears D to a dominant level, which helps Cutler to play within himself a little more, or thise does nothing, the downward spiral continues and Lovie is gone.

Frankly, if I was Lovie Smith I'd probably do the same thing: if they have a little more luck with injuries then with Peppers added to the defense they couldbe dominant on that side of the ball. there may be question marks against Peppers but I think the Bears have a better overall d-line so the chances of Peppers having a good year have just improved.

i know there are rumours around Tommie Harris, but I think that's just posturing and salary-negotiations. Something will get done, and then you have both those guys on the same d-line, which would be immense for them.

For the record I don't really care, but it will be interesting to see what develops.....

colonelbeef
03-06-2010, 10:33 AM
man we should of getten peppers

I'm getten peppers all da time

colonelbeef
03-06-2010, 10:34 AM
and 27 the last 3

Agree to some degree, but it all depends on the player and his motivation.

Reggie White turned out to be a pretty good pickup for the Packers after a similar amount of time in Philly

TonyR
03-06-2010, 10:42 AM
91 million for six years. 42 million guaranteed.

Really, really stupid and a clear sign of desperation. You make this kind of move when you're a contender, but this won't pay off for an average team like the Bears.