PDA

View Full Version : Schefter: No teams interested in giving up 1st round pick for Marshall (3/5 AM)

montrose
03-05-2010, 06:59 AM
Just heard it on Mike & Mike. Adam expects Marshall to be back in Denver, unhappy at his $2.5 million tender offer.

Rabb
03-05-2010, 07:02 AM
Part of me feels like the team wanted to prove a point here. Kinda like "oh you want out...well let's just see how valuable you are"

bfoflcommish
03-05-2010, 07:04 AM
Part of me feels like the team wanted to prove a point here. Kinda like "oh you want out...well let's just see how valuable you are"

I think so too, and im glad it could turn out that way. big slap in the face to him and his antics, maybe now he will learn to straighten up to get the big money.

jhns
03-05-2010, 07:05 AM
This is why the tender is so dumb. If he isn't traded, he is going to be a bigger problem than he was last season. This time the team has no one to blame but themselves for it.

bronco militia
03-05-2010, 07:05 AM
it's too early

bronco militia
03-05-2010, 07:06 AM
This is why the tender is so dumb. If he isn't traded, he is going to be a bigger problem than he was last season. This time the team has no one to blame but themselves for it.

he can always hold out.

bfoflcommish
03-05-2010, 07:06 AM

or he has noone to blame but himself for being a primadonna wr who gets in trouble that no team wants to risk...hmm

TheDave
03-05-2010, 07:07 AM
My only concern is Marshall acting like a jackass because he isn't getting paid... otherwise this is probably the best thing that could happen.

Dagmar
03-05-2010, 07:09 AM

Eh? They can blame Marshall for being a child/diva. How will he ever manage to live on 2.5 million?

elsid13
03-05-2010, 07:10 AM
A trade will happen. Hopefully it involves a young player for the line.

jhns
03-05-2010, 07:11 AM
or he has noone to blame but himself for being a primadonna wr who gets in trouble that no team wants to risk...hmm

I agree. That doesn't excuse the team for creating problems.

Rohirrim
03-05-2010, 07:11 AM

So, if Marshall acts like an immature ****head, it's the team's fault?

New age logic. :rofl:

Br0nc0Buster
03-05-2010, 07:14 AM
I thought this was going to play out like this
With the uncertainties of the future I can easily see how teams dont want to dish out a lot of coin or draft picks for someone like Marshall is who one screw up away from an 8 game suspension

I think he will be back in Denver
Hopefully the whole punting the balls in practice is behind him and he shows up on time without any problems

jhns
03-05-2010, 07:17 AM
Eh? They can blame Marshall for being a child/diva. How will he ever manage to live on 2.5 million?

I wouldn't play for that either if I were him. A top 5 producing receiver being paid less than 50 other receivers creates problems. The team knows this. It created problems last season. I know, I know. The team can do no wrong. Who cares that they invite problems, right?

jhns
03-05-2010, 07:19 AM

Yeah, it is. They know he is going to act immature and they do it anyways. If they create the problem, how is it not their fault?

Hamrob
03-05-2010, 07:22 AM
Stupid Post...both here and by Adam. It's the first day (hours actually)...whose going to give up a #1 that quickly. Please. There are what...50 players with 1st round tenders...or perhaps more? How many of them got signed to a deal yet?

Give me a break. If something happens with Marshall, it will probably be at the draft.

zdoor
03-05-2010, 07:22 AM
Yeah, it is. They know he is going to act immature and they do it anyways. If they create the problem, how is it not their fault?

While the team and its new regime made a lot of mistakes last year, I wouldn't count the handling of Marshall as one of them... He made his own issues and we handled them pretty well IMO.

Meck77
03-05-2010, 07:23 AM
It's the never ending mother ****ing soap opera...........

DenverBrit
03-05-2010, 07:26 AM

He's a restricted free agent and was given the lowest logical tender to attract offers.
Almost certainly this was done in consult with BM and his agent.

At no time did the Broncos indicate they intended to anything but try and keep BM.

What tender did you have in mind?? A 'same round'?? A bag of Cheetos??

jhns
03-05-2010, 07:26 AM
While the team and its new regime made a lot of mistakes last year, I wouldn't count the handling of Marshall as one of them... He made his own issues and we handled them pretty well IMO.

I agree, we handled him well last year. We couldn't have done much better. This year if he isn't gone or given a contract, it is the team creating the problem. Marshall made it well known last season that he is going to be a major headache if he doesn't get paid.

Dagmar
03-05-2010, 07:27 AM
Stupid Post...both here and by Adam.

You got it guys! The internet poster "Hamrob" says Adam Schefter is stupid! Now we know! Phew, I was sick of reading his accurate tweets.

theAPAOps5
03-05-2010, 07:28 AM
Marshall's favorite song needs to be Michael Jacksons Man in the Mirror.

Hamrob
03-05-2010, 07:29 AM
How many teams will draft a WR in the 1st round? 1...2...3 maybe? Any one of those teams will be willing to sign Marshall. He's more talented and he's proven. Of those 3 first rounders...only one has the potential upside to equal Marshall...that's Bryant...and he's a bigger head case than BM.

A deal will be done...but not until we get to the draft or right around that time frame.

Hamrob
03-05-2010, 07:30 AM
You got it guys! The internet poster "Hamrob" says Adam Schefter is stupid! Now we know! Phew, I was sick of reading his accurate tweets.So, when somebody signs him...we can add you to the stupid list?

Popcorn Sutton
03-05-2010, 07:32 AM

You don't think it has anything to do with the fact that you always side against anything McDaniels is doing? Admit it. McDaniels is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't with you.

If he trades Marshall, you'll never stop whining about it and claim it's the biggest mistake ever. If he holds on to Marshall it's the teams fault because Marshall is going to act like a child.

bowtown
03-05-2010, 07:35 AM
Good news, we needed a new punter.

jhns
03-05-2010, 07:37 AM
He's a restricted free agent and was given the lowest logical tender to attract offers.
Almost certainly this was done in consult with BM and his agent.

At no time did the Broncos indicate they intended to anything but try and keep BM.

What tender did you have in mind?? A 'same round'?? A bag of Cheetos??

The player and agent have nothing to do with tenders. They are like being franchised. The players have no say.

What tender would I give him? None. I would pay him. For what the team wants to do, I don't know. Under paying him is only inviting more problems though.

DenverBrit
03-05-2010, 07:40 AM
You don't think it has anything to do with the fact that you always side against anything McDaniels is doing? Admit it. McDaniels is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't with you.

If he trades Marshall, you'll never stop whining about it and claim it's the biggest mistake ever. If he holds on to Marshall it's the teams fault because Marshall is going to act like a child.

You've nicely described several 'haters,' they're like petulant kids. :Whaaaa!:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-05-2010, 07:43 AM
Stupid Post...both here and by Adam. It's the first day (hours actually)...whose going to give up a #1 that quickly. Please. There are what...50 players with 1st round tenders...or perhaps more? How many of them got signed to a deal yet?

Give me a break. If something happens with Marshall, it will probably be at the draft.

Maybe early, but come on. Schefter is about as well connected as they come. He's been on the horn with everyone in the league or a source with every team in the league.

Maybe something will happen, but teams are hesitant to give a first round pick AND big money for a guy who can be a major diva.

TailgateNut
03-05-2010, 07:44 AM

Generation Y logic! jhns read it in a book!

DenverBrit
03-05-2010, 07:44 AM
[B]What tender would I give him? None.

You're a budding GM. Ha!

jhns
03-05-2010, 07:45 AM

Nah, I only go against McDaniels and hate him for the Cutler thing, giving away a future first while we are rebuilding(and in a year they didn't get much time to scout), and now the Nolan thing. I side with the team on everything else. The Cutler thing is just the most talked about subject so I get to cry about it a lot.

You are right though. I will bitch unless he is paid. I will cry about it less if we get rid of him rather than keep him and not pay him. I would rather see him gone than see him here creating problems because the team again creates them.

TailgateNut
03-05-2010, 07:47 AM
You've nicely described several 'haters,' they're like petulant kids. :Whaaaa!:

Ain't that the truth!:thanku:

Garcia Bronco
03-05-2010, 07:47 AM
Nah, I only go against McDaniels and hate him for the Cutler thing, giving away a future first while we are rebuilding(and in a year they didn't get much time to scout), and now the Nolan thing. I side with the team on everything else. The Cutler thing is just the most talked about subject so I get to cry about it a lot.

You are right though. I will b**** unless he is paid. I will cry about it less if we get rid of him rather than keep him and not pay him. I would rather see him gone than see him here creating problems because the team again creates them.

You should be upset with cutler. Cutler is the reason he's not here. Not McDanirels.

TonyR
03-05-2010, 07:50 AM

What aren't you understaning here? If nobody makes a play for him the market is telling Marshall that he isn't worth a 1st round pick and a big contract. Who does he have to blame for this reality?

TailgateNut
03-05-2010, 07:50 AM
You should be upset with cutler. Cutler is the reason he's not here. Not McDanirels.

Good grief, don't get the tweenager started on this AGAIN.

Rohirrim
03-05-2010, 07:52 AM
What aren't you understaning here? If nobody makes a play for him the market is telling Marshall that he isn't worth a 1st round pick and a big contract. Who does he have to blame for this reality?

You obviously don't understand "New Age" logic.

Dagmar
03-05-2010, 07:54 AM
So, when somebody signs him...we can add you to the stupid list?

I'll happily as stupid when it comes to the NFL as Adam Schefter.

TailgateNut
03-05-2010, 07:55 AM

Some will never grasp the fact that Marshall will never be accountable for his actions and their consequences.

He should be placed on a 1yr probationary period by the Broncos. I believe other teams have also seen the light. They know BM is one bitch-slap from a league suspension aside from being a punk ass whiner when he doesn't get his way.

jhns
03-05-2010, 07:56 AM

I agree, that is Marshalls fault that his value is down. I agree him becoming a problem is not the right way for him to handle it. That doesn't take away from the fact that he will be a problem and the team knew this when trying to give him so little money again.

jhns
03-05-2010, 08:00 AM
Generation Y logic! jhns read it in a book!

For someone that has me on ignore and doesn't care about what I say, you sure talk about me and follow me around a lot. It has been like this for over a year now. Talk about childish.... It is funny that an old fat guy can have his feelings hurt so bad.

UberBroncoMan
03-05-2010, 08:00 AM
Adam Schefter isn't someone I disagree with... pretty much ever. ESPECIALLY with Broncos related stuff. But I'm hesitant to believe Marshall won't be gone.

Also, I do think it would be completely lame and unfair to pay Marshall a mere $2.5 million for next year.

Pay him a FAIR deal or get rid of him. No uncapped $100 million ****, just a fair one.

Just sucks with the potential looming work stoppage next year. ****ing players union.

Rohirrim
03-05-2010, 08:02 AM
I agree, that is Marshalls fault that his value is down. I agree him becoming a problem is not the right way for him to handle it. That doesn't take away from the fact that he will be a problem and the team knew this when trying to give him so little money again.

They're just placing the same value on him that any other NFL franchise would. Given Marshall's history, it's just as likely that if he gets a big payday, he gets worse, not better. A toddler might calm down if you give him the cookie he is screaming for, but when he's done with the cookie, he'll just find something else to scream about. That's what you expect from toddlers. When they finally grow out of it, you can expect different behaviors.

TailgateNut
03-05-2010, 08:07 AM
They're just placing the same value on him that any other NFL franchise would. Given Marshall's history, it's just as likely that if he gets a big payday, he gets worse, not better. A toddler might calm down if you give him the cookie he is screaming for, but when he's done with the cookie, he'll just find something else to scream about. That's what you expect from toddlers. When they finally grow out of it, you can expect different behaviors.

I think he needs the "time out" with a "cookie" promised as a reward after a season of no Tantrums, No Bitch slapping episodes, No ****ing off during camp and during the season, No faking injuries, etc.....
Reward the good behavior, but do not give in to whining.

chex
03-05-2010, 08:18 AM

Couldnít agree more. What the team is doing is prudent IMO. Proceed with caution. I donít care what type of numbers a player puts up, no team in the league is going to want to lavish a huge contract on a guy who may or may not stay out of trouble, made even worse by the specter of a half season vacation for the next ďincidentĒ. Witness the tepid interest around the league. Iíd rather trade him and get the high pick, then sign him and get burned by his behavior again, this time with so much invested. This isnít MLB, and we arenít the Yankees. We canít shrug our shoulders and say oh well to a bad contract. Our cap will be killed if the worst happens.

Bottom line, if all itís going to take to keep him out of trouble is pay him large, then letís do it. I get the feeling though itís a little more complicated than that.

bowtown
03-05-2010, 08:20 AM
Not sure why everyone just assumes that Marshall will be kept all season with the 2.5 mil tender. I think that half the reason we low-balled his tender was to show him what his market value really was, in order to give us a little more leverage in contract negotiations. I full expect Marshall, unless signed away, to have a long term deal in place by the middle of the season... and it's pretty much guranteed NOT to be the biggest in the league now, thanks to this.

cousinal11
03-05-2010, 08:23 AM
I take just about everything Shefter says as the gospel, but I'm not ready to put Brandon's name on the 2010 roster yet.

I've read where the Pats are interested in Derrick Mason, I'm assuming because of concerns of when Welker will be ready. If they do pry him away from Baltimore, this could cause a domino effect.

I still wouldn't rule out Seattle as an interested party either. They just lost Burleson.

2KBack
03-05-2010, 08:24 AM
Adam Schefter isn't someone I disagree with... pretty much ever. ESPECIALLY with Broncos related stuff. But I'm hesitant to believe Marshall won't be gone.

Also, I do think it would be completely lame and unfair to pay Marshall a mere $2.5 million for next year.

Pay him a FAIR deal or get rid of him. No uncapped $100 million ****, just a fair one.

Just sucks with the potential looming work stoppage next year. ****ing players union.

What's fair though? I am quite sure what Marshall thinks is fair, and what Denver thinks is fair are two different worlds.

NFLBRONCO
03-05-2010, 08:25 AM
it's too early

Yep I expect it to happen early April not this weekend.

Kaylore
03-05-2010, 08:31 AM
You obviously don't understand "New Age" logic.

:rofl:

Requiem
03-05-2010, 08:34 AM
So the Broncos won't get a first for him straight up. If the Seahawks are interested, I'll take their second and third rounders plus a player. Thank you cum again.

DenverBrit
03-05-2010, 08:35 AM
Yep I expect it to happen early April not this weekend.

It's never too early to panic.

It's now 9:34am Mountain time, day 1 and Marshall still hasn't been traded. ;)

bpc
03-05-2010, 08:36 AM
Damnit.

elsid13
03-05-2010, 08:36 AM
So the Broncos won't get a first for him straight up. If the Seahawks are interested, I'll take their second and third rounders plus a player. Thank you cum again.

Like I posted before I think Marshall gone, but it a value less then most of this board think it will be. A 2nd, 4th/5th and young player is better then 1st for Denver

broncogary
03-05-2010, 08:37 AM
Not sure why everyone just assumes that Marshall will be kept all season with the 2.5 mil tender. I think that half the reason we low-balled his tender was to show him what his market value really was, in order to give us a little more leverage in contract negotiations. I full expect Marshall, unless signed away, to have a long term deal in place by the middle of the season... and it's pretty much guranteed NOT to be the biggest in the league now, thanks to this.

This makes a lot of sense.

Requiem
03-05-2010, 08:39 AM
Like I posted before I think Marshall gone, but it a value less then most of this board think it will be. A 2nd, 4th/5th and young player is better then 1st for Denver

I agree. Getting a player who can help in some role, whether it be potentially starting or in reserve along with a relatively high pick and a mid-round selection would be quite nice. I'd prefer several over just one.

elsid13
03-05-2010, 08:40 AM

It won't be the biggest deal in NFL, but it will be in line with other star WRs. Denver is not going to get "cheap" deal for Marshall.

elsid13
03-05-2010, 08:42 AM
I agree. Getting a player who can help in some role, whether it be potentially starting or in reserve along with a relatively high pick and a mid-round selection would be quite nice. I'd prefer several over just one.

My concern is that McDaniels and Xander go the older vet route vs younger player. This team is getting to old to fast for long haul.

ant1999e
03-05-2010, 08:49 AM

So, they created the problem by not giving him what he wants. You have kids?

bowtown
03-05-2010, 08:49 AM
It won't be the biggest deal in NFL, but it will be in line with other star WRs. Denver is not going to get "cheap" deal for Marshall.

Agreed, never said he was going to be cheap, and he shouldn't be cheap. He's an elite talent. But if he thought teams were going to be falling over themselves to trade for him and pay him the most money ever, at least now he has a little dose of reality coming to the bargaining table with him.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-05-2010, 08:51 AM
My concern is that McDaniels and Xander go the older vet route vs younger player. This team is getting to old to fast for long haul.

We still have draft picks, don't we?

Thankfully, when you sign a FA, you don't lose a draft pick. You don't have to choose between the two. You can sign cheap FA for depth and still draft impact guys.

Requiem
03-05-2010, 08:51 AM
Elsid, who would be a young player that you would target that you realistically think could be had in a trade if Marshall is sent packing?

TailgateNut
03-05-2010, 08:58 AM

He still thinks like one!

Ray Finkle
03-05-2010, 09:00 AM
yeah because this isn't a negotiation....as the draft nears, the market will change.

jhns
03-05-2010, 09:00 AM

Did you just compare raising kids to running an NFL franchise?

We have 3 doors to chose from. Door one gets rid of the player and any problems he could create. Door two gives the player what he wants and hopefully gets rid of any potential problems. This door also gives them a good excuse to get rid of him later if he does cause problems. Door three is clearly labeled with, "You will have future problems and a locker room cancer in your hands."

If you make the choice to go with door three, the problems are your fault.

This of course is only if it plays out this way. If they pay him, I will agree with them. If they get rid of him, I will agree with them if they get something good in return. If they actually try going into the season paying him 2 mil, well, you know what I think about that.

strafen
03-05-2010, 09:03 AM
My only concern is Marshall acting like a jackass because he isn't getting paid... otherwise this is probably the best thing that could happen.

As much as I've been supporting Marshall, I can see him raising some hell about the money issue.
One of Xanders strength as a GM is his understanding and managing of players salaries.

I still think Marshall can still get picked up. The Jest are said to be interested.
We'll see...

Requiem
This isn't Let's Make a Deal. Someone watches too much TV. JHNS cough.

bronco militia
cutler****er cried his way out of town.

maybe Mcdumbass is a racist?

ant1999e
03-05-2010, 09:04 AM

We have 3 doors to chose from. Door one gets rid of the player and any problems he could create. Door two gives the player what he wants and hopefully gets rid of any potential problems. This door also gives them a good excuse to get rid of him later if he does cause problems. Door three is clearly labeled with, "You will have future problems and a locker room cancer in your hands."

This of course is only if it plays out this way. If they pay him, I will agree with them. If they get rid of him, I will agree with them if they get something good in return. If they actually try going into the season paying him 2 mil, well, you know what I think about that.

I'm comparing dealing with NFL players and spoiled ass kids. You don't reward bad behavior.

elsid13
03-05-2010, 09:05 AM
Elsid, who would be a young player that you would target that you realistically think could be had in a trade if Marshall is sent packing?

From
MIA - Donald Thomas (G) or Lionel Dotson (DT/DE)
NYJ - Harris (LB) or Ropati Pitoitua (DE)
TB - Davin Joseph (G) (long shot) or Quincy Black (LB)
BALT - David Hale (G) or Oniel Cousins (T move inside to G) or Kelly Talavou (NT)
Cle - Ahtyba Rubin (NT)
Cinncy - Jonathan Luigs (C) or Pat Sims (DT/NT)
SEA - No one but Unger and he won't be traded
JAX - Mike Thomas (slot WR and KR) and Quentin Groves (OLB)

jhns
03-05-2010, 09:10 AM
This isn't Let's Make a Deal. Someone watches too much TV. JHNS cough.

I hardly ever watch TV. I don't even know what this "Let's Make a Deal" is.

jhns
03-05-2010, 09:13 AM
I'm comparing dealing with NFL players and spoiled ass kids. You don't reward bad behavior.

Well I'm talking about business and you do reward production. You don't pay top 5 production below 50 guys producing less. If you don't like the behavior, you get rid of it. I don't see how this compares to raising kids.

Requiem
03-05-2010, 09:13 AM
I hardly ever watch TV. I don't even know what this "Let's Make a Deal" is.

http://cdn3.knowyourmeme.com/i/6515/original/jesus-facepalm-facepalm-jesus-epic-demotivational-poster-1218659828.jpg

elsid13
03-05-2010, 09:17 AM
We still have draft picks, don't we?

Thankfully, when you sign a FA, you don't lose a draft pick. You don't have to choose between the two. You can sign cheap FA for depth and still draft impact guys.

Look at this way, with potential lockout in 2011 it better to have young guys on the roster for when things work there way out, then 30+ guy that won't be around for the long term.

Pony Boy
03-05-2010, 09:18 AM
cutler****er cried his way out of town.

maybe Mcdumbass is a racist?

Do you thinks it's possible McDaniels identified the real Cutler and let him cry his way out of town?

chex
03-05-2010, 09:18 AM

What kind of precedent do you this think this sets? The NFL is a business, on both sides of the ball (no pun intended).

What you advocate is, if everything else fails, just pay him so he won’t be a headache? Do you really think what the Broncos are doing is any different than what any other team would do in this position? The fact that Marshall is the type of guy you have to walk on eggshells with should be all you need to know. Don’t you think a late 1st rounder is a small price to pay for a young, supposed top 2 WR? I do. But why aren’t any teams doing it? How come no one is swooping in on our supposed misstep of just placing a 1st round tender on him?

If we go with door 3 as you say, any problems are the fault of the player. He’s being paid a large sum of money to do what he does, and to expect a little loyalty in return isn’t much to ask. Like I said, this is a business, but it seems like the only risk takers should be the front office according to some people on here. I don’t know what part of this team not being able to afford getting burned on a big contract escapes people. The Broncos are doing exactly what they should be doing. They are playing by the rules. They are not circumventing anything to screw anyone. They are conducting their business like any other team, or corporation for that matter, would. You don’t cave in to people and expect others to not hold you to follow suit with them. And let’s not forget how the locker room veterans approached the coaches about handling him.

Let’s add a door 4 to this: putting your trust in a petulant WR with a cap busting contract and have him fk everything up. You think Marshall cares about getting in trouble if he’s getting paid anyway? He obviously doesn’t care that its cost him millions already.

bronco militia
03-05-2010, 09:20 AM
Do you thinks it's possible McDaniels identified the real Cutler and let him cry his way out of town?

I have no idea....he should have spanked his punk ass and made him play for the broncos this past year

chex
03-05-2010, 09:22 AM
I have no idea....he should have spanked his punk ass and made him play for the broncos this past year

Perhaps.

But for some people, a player would be totally justified in being disruptive if they aren't treated the way they think they should be. So which is the lesser of two evils?

bfoflcommish
03-05-2010, 09:23 AM
Well I'm talking about business and you do reward production. You don't pay top 5 production below 50 guys producing less. If you don't like the behavior, you get rid of it. I don't see how this compares to raising kids.

you own a business...you have 2 employees given the same project for a promotion on the line. one guy comes to work does his job asks others thier opinions, stays late if needed lays it all out in a nice clean presentation etc... guy #2 comes in late leaves early never asks anyones opinions, gets the work done in the 11th hour and both presentations are equal.

who gets the promotion in your company?

its not always about just production!

jhns
03-05-2010, 09:25 AM
What kind of precedent do you this think this sets? The NFL is a business, on both sides of the ball (no pun intended).

What you advocate is, if everything else fails, just pay him so he wonít be a headache? Do you really think what the Broncos are doing is any different than what any other team would do in this position? The fact that Marshall is the type of guy you have to walk on eggshells with should be all you need to know. Donít you think a late 1st rounder is a small price to pay for a young, supposed top 2 WR? I do. But why arenít any teams doing it? How come no one is swooping in on our supposed misstep of just placing a 1st round tender on him?

If we go with door 3 as you say, any problems are the fault of the player. Heís being paid a large sum of money to do what he does, and to expect a little loyalty in return isnít much to ask. Like I said, this is a business, but it seems like the only risk takers should be the front office according to some people on here. I donít know what part of this team not being able to afford getting burned on a big contract escapes people. The Broncos are doing exactly what they should be doing. They are playing by the rules. They are not circumventing anything to screw anyone. They are conducting their business like any other team, or corporation for that matter, would. You donít cave in to people and expect others to not hold you to follow suit with them. And letís not forget how the locker room veterans approached the coaches about handling him.

Letís add a door 4 to this: putting your trust in a petulant WR with a cap busting contract and have him fk everything up. You think Marshall cares about getting in trouble if heís getting paid anyway? He obviously doesnít care that its cost him millions already.

I'm not sure what part of this you aren't understanding but there is a way to deal with players that are problems and you don't want to pay. I clearly labeled that option in the door scenerio. You want me to spell it out for you again? Pay him or get rid of him. There is no need to have a locker room cancer around. Door 3 creates a locker room cancer.

Pony Boy
03-05-2010, 09:28 AM

When I saw the 1st round tender, I thought teams would be in a bidding war...... I don't want to see him go for less than a 1st.

jhns
03-05-2010, 09:29 AM
you own a business...you have 2 employees given the same project for a promotion on the line. one guy comes to work does his job asks others thier opinions, stays late if needed lays it all out in a nice clean presentation etc... guy #2 comes in late leaves early never asks anyones opinions, gets the work done in the 11th hour and both presentations are equal.

who gets the promotion in your company?

its not always about just production!

So their production is the same? How is that the same as this situation at all? You need to come up with one where one of the guys produces way more but doesn't get the promotion.

I just got a huge raise because I produce at work. This all while sitting on here all day and never working extra hours. I still got a big raise (not even a joke, %11.5 two weeks ago) becuase I produced.

elsid13
03-05-2010, 09:30 AM
When I saw the 1st round tender, I thought teams would be in a bidding war...... I don't want to see him go for less than a 1st.

A 1st get you one potential player, this is a deep deep draft. Picks on the second or third day gets you 2 potential starters for the long term.

bfoflcommish
03-05-2010, 09:31 AM
So their production is the same? How is that the same as this situation at all? You need to come up with one where one of the guys produces way more but doesn't get the promotion.

I just got a huge raise because I produce at work. This all while sitting on here all day and never working extra hours. I still got a big raise (not even a joke, %11.5 two weeks ago) becuase I produced.

my example is to show you its not always JUST production like you claim things to be

underrated29
03-05-2010, 09:32 AM
I agree he stays or is moved in a draft day deal.. Hopefully the first one...

But what about the fact that Bowlen last year said that if brandon shows up and plays this year that next year (this year now) he will get his big fat contract?

Or was bowlen to inebriated to remember that?

bowtown
03-05-2010, 09:33 AM
I hate it when people try to draw paralells betweeen the multi-billion dollar enteratinment industry that is football and their own workplace. They have little to nothing in common.

jhns
03-05-2010, 09:33 AM
my example is to show you its not always JUST production like you claim things to be

Fine, I agree with you. Let's go with the option that produces the same but without the headache.

bronco militia
03-05-2010, 09:36 AM

a trade partner still has to worry about paying BM an above market contract.

gtown
03-05-2010, 09:36 AM
I'm not sure what part of this you aren't understanding but there is a way to deal with players that are problems and you don't want to pay. I clearly labeled that option in the door scenerio. You want me to spell it out for you again? Pay him or get rid of him. There is no need to have a locker room cancer around. Door 3 creates a locker room cancer.

I agree with this. The Broncos are trying to get cute with their valuing of Marshall. If we trade him, we will never get fair value for him, but we will get something. If we pay him, as he deserves (high $$ with strings attached for good behavior), we get to keep an elite talent.

But instead we chose some nebulous middle ground. Now we are stuck with a player that other teams might not value as a 1st rounder with a giant contract need, and his paycheck this year pretty much guarantees a holdout.

So what do we get? Most likely another year of his antics. Another ****ing wasted year of him disrupting practice, quitting on the team at key times, and bitching about money. Can't we move on?

chex
03-05-2010, 09:40 AM

If thatís how you look at it, then the choice is clear: get rid of him.

You think if a player doesnít get what he wants, primarily because of his own actions btw, and heís legit in being a disruptive presence, then thereís no production in the world to justify his roster spot. If thatís the case, then we should be willing to unload him for the best offer. So if he gets paid, whatís next? He wants the biggest locker in the locker room? He should get it or else he becomes disruptive. You are looking past his pattern of bad behavior and think the Broncos should bend over and spread wide to keep him happy. If he wants to be paid like a professional, then he should act like one. Thatís BS that he gets held to a lower standard. This whole situation from top to bottom is solely because he has demonstrated a high level of immaturity. Not because the Broncos are looking to get off cheap.

NFLBRONCO
03-05-2010, 09:43 AM
I agree with this. The Broncos are trying to get cute with their valuing of Marshall. If we trade him, we will never get fair value for him, but we will get something. If we pay him, as he deserves (high $$ with strings attached for good behavior), we get to keep an elite talent.

But instead we chose some nebulous middle ground. Now we are stuck with a player that other teams might not value as a 1st rounder with a giant contract need, and his paycheck this year pretty much guarantees a holdout.

So what do we get? Most likely another year of his antics. Another ****ing wasted year of him disrupting practice, quitting on the team at key times, and b****ing about money. Can't we move on?

I'm a huge BM fan and would love him to stay here. Even with that I don't think paying him huge money will make his antics go away. I think Denver will always have to deal with him it called WR position.

I still believe that it will be BM for a player and a 3rd or players only.

Archer81
Tagging Marshall with just a 1st was the way for the Broncos to determine a market for Brandon. If there isnt one, it increases the odds he stays.

:Broncos:

bowtown

So what do we get? Most likely another year of his antics. Another ****ing wasted year of him disrupting practice, quitting on the team at key times, and b****ing about money. Can't we move on?

Do you really think the team hasn't thought about that possibility? They will not allow that to happen. Marshall will either be traded or he will have a new contract this year. I guarantee you that we aren't actually planning to head into the season with a disgruntled Marshall as a distraction again.

Florida_Bronco
03-05-2010, 09:44 AM

Then you suspend him and start cutting into that already low salary. If Marshall is smart, he'll straighten himself out real quick.

We have Marshall by the balls here, and the beautiful thing is we didn't even have to forcefully take them. He cut them off himself and handed them to us with his antics over the years.

bfoflcommish
03-05-2010, 09:48 AM
I agree he stays or is moved in a draft day deal.. Hopefully the first one...

But what about the fact that Bowlen last year said that if brandon shows up and plays this year that next year (this year now) he will get his big fat contract?
Or was bowlen to inebriated to remember that?

im sure 2 missed games due to suspension, training camp antics, and end of season "injury" have nothing to do with why he didnt get it.

Its posts like this that make me think there are alot of people that think just like marshall and these other diva players. Its like all they see is I will get a contract at end of season, disregarding the fact the player had tons of other issues in that meantime.

oubronco
03-05-2010, 09:54 AM
We could jump to conclusions or we could wait and let it play itself out

strafen
03-05-2010, 09:57 AM
People think 3 consecutive season with 100 catches and a total of 23 TD's in the time span is production we can get from just anyone around?
The guy deserves to get paid for what he's done.
Let the league handle the code of conduct policy issues.
Our great Rod Smith only had back to back 100-catch season in his sixth year into his career.
And that was his only two seasons he caught 100 passes in his 12 year-career.
This is not an easy thing to achieve, let alone achieving it in 3 concecutive years.
Point is, Marshalls' production shouldn't be taken into question.
Pay the guy according to how the best receivers in the league are getting paid. Give him his fair market value.

bowtown
03-05-2010, 10:01 AM
Give him his fair market value.

And what we are doing right now is allowing the market to show us exactly what that value is. Looks like so far it's not quite as high as many, including Brandon, think it should be. That's because production isn't the only important thing that goes into a contract.

Archer81
03-05-2010, 10:03 AM
People think 3 consecutive season with 100 catches and a total of 23 TD's in the time span is production we can get from just anyone around?
Our great Rod Smith only had back to back 100-catch season in his sixth year into his career.
This is not an easy thing to achieve, let alone achieving it in 3 concecutive years.
Pay the guy according to how the best receivers in the league are getting paid. Give him his fair market value.

http://tinyurl.com/2hvnom

outdoor_miner
03-05-2010, 10:04 AM

:thumbsup:

Requiem
03-05-2010, 10:05 AM
Hey Sir, I hope you got my message!

rastaman
03-05-2010, 10:05 AM

Now hopefully Brandon finally realizes he must just stay healthy and survive his gulag internment in Denver for the next two years and just take care of his body and avoid playing recklessly. Point is, if Denver doesn't want to pay him long term and at the same time not trade him etc, Brandon needs to play like a 2nd round pick and pay to the level a 2 or 3 million dollar WR in the NFL.

Screw breaking his neck and like his has the last 3 season and catching 100 plus receptions as if he's making $5 or $7 million a year with a hefty 10-20 million signing bonus.

Marshall needs to look at the stats of WR's around the NFL who earn $2.5-$3.0 million and play up to their level. No way McD can suspend him.

Marshall can teach the Broncos and McD a lesson as well. Its now time for Marshall to turn into the Randy Moss of the Oakland Raiders and just take his chances while ensuring he doesn't get into any trouble off-the field.

Eventually, Denver will loose out and not get a fair market compensation for Marshall......if Marshall can stay healthy and not get injured whille in Denver over the next two years, Brandons pay day will come.

Bowlen and McD should be careful what they wish for with forcing Bmarsh to stay in Denver while paying him peanuts while expecting another 100 plus reception season from him at a measley 3.0 million dollars.

Archer81
03-05-2010, 10:07 AM
Hey Sir, I hope you got my message!

I did! Constructing a reply in my head. You gave me a ton of info man, I appreciate it alot.

bowtown
03-05-2010, 10:08 AM
Now hopefully Brandon finally realizes he must just stay healthy and survive his gulag internment in Denver for the next two years and just take care of his body and avoid playing recklessly. Point is, if Denver doesn't want to pay him long term and at the same time not trade him etc, Brandon needs to play like a 2nd round pick and pay to the level a 2 or 3 million dollar WR in the NFL.

Screw breaking his neck and like his has the last 3 season and catching 100 plus receptions as if he's making $5 or $7 million a year with a hefty 10-20 million signing bonus.

Marshall needs to look at the stats of WR's around the NFL who earn $2.5-$3.0 million and play up to their level. No way McD can suspend him.

Marshall can teach the Broncos and McD a lesson as well. Its now time for Marshall to turn into the Randy Moss of the Oakland Raiders and just take his chances while ensuring he doesn't get into any trouble off-the field.

Eventually, Denver will loose out and not get a fair market compensation for Marshall......if Marshall can stay healthy and not get injured whille in Denver over the next two years, Brandons pay day will come.

Bowlen and McD should be careful what they wish for with forcing Bmarsh to stay in Denver while paying him peanuts while expecting another 100 plus reception season from him at a measley 3.0 million dollars.

You really believe that if Marshall half-asses it for two seasons, only plays when he feels like it, and acts like a disgruntled WR, with his history, that teams are going to be throwing huge money contracts at him when he becomes an UFA?

SonOfLe-loLang

Getting paid 3m a year to play football is now the equivilant to the gulag. nice

Requiem
I did! Constructing a reply in my head. You gave me a ton of info man, I appreciate it alot.

No problemo!

rastaman
03-05-2010, 10:09 AM

What makes you think Bmarsh will just sit idly by and take any crap McD could or would possible dish out w/o retaliating and physically kicking McD's Ass?

Of course that move would sit well with some of you folks....this way Marshall would get kicked out of the NFL for assualting his HC.

Ziggy
03-05-2010, 10:11 AM
Then you suspend him and start cutting into that already low salary. If Marshall is smart, he'll straighten himself out real quick.

We have Marshall by the balls here, and the beautiful thing is we didn't even have to forcefully take them. He cut them off himself and handed them to us with his antics over the years.

Bingo. I don't think you can make it any clearer than that.

bronco militia
03-05-2010, 10:14 AM
What makes you think Bmarsh will just sit idly by and take any crap McD could or would possible dish out w/o retaliating and physically kicking McD's Ass?

Of course that move would sit well with some of you folks....this way Marshall would get kicked out of the NFL for assualting his HC.

what the hell does that have to do with cutler?

and what the hell god damn kind of question is that? he'd get thrown in jail .......again

Archer81
03-05-2010, 10:15 AM

This post is full of fail...but considering who wrote it, not surprising.

Marshall is where he is because he cannot control his temper, his friends or his home life. For two seasons running he has been suspended at some point for conduct detrimental to the team.

If he decides to produce like a WR making "only" a couple of million, then a future contract will only pay him to that level. If he wishes to get superstar money, he has to produce like one, and act like one.

Again Rasta, comparing Denver to a gulag? Do you know what a gulag is? Being hysterical in your description of the franchise is not only bad, but insults people who have actually gone to real gulags and were murdered en masse.

I never thought I would have to tell an ancient one to grow up, but clearly that is what you need to do.

strafen
03-05-2010, 10:17 AM

We have Marshall by the balls here, and the beautiful thing is we didn't even have to forcefully take them. He cut them off himself and handed them to us with his antics over the years.The way I've heard it from the Broncos organization was that they wanted Marshall to play out his contract and he will get his money.
The way the Broncos have now gone about doing it, is real cheesy.

We all know the kind of player Marshall is, and we all know he's got character issues that need to be worked out by Marshall.
I think Marshall took care of what he had to do during the 2009 season to help his cause in those two areas.

Florida_Bronco
03-05-2010, 10:20 AM
The way I've heard it from the Broncos organization was that they wanted Marshall to play out his contract and he will get his money.
The way the Broncos have now gone about doing it, is real cheesy.

We all know the kind of player Marshall is, and we all know he's got character issues that need to be worked out by Marshall.
I think Marshall took care of what he had to do during the 2009 season to help his cause in those two areas.

I don't know that he took care of anything considering he was suspended once and benched for another game.

ant1999e
03-05-2010, 10:21 AM

Speaking of running a business, you don't pay a player top 5 money to sit out for half the season because he can't stop beating his girlfriend, driving drunk or slipping on Mc Donalds bags. It's not good business.

chex
03-05-2010, 10:22 AM

No one, as far as I can tell, ever questioned the production. Please show examples of who has, or else discussing this solely in terms of production is moot.

But how much production will we get if heís exiled for half a season? Are we not supposed to even think about that? What happens when our top player on offense, and one of the top paid players on the team, is home playing xbox while we figure out how to replace his production? Is that fair to the team? To the fans? Does it really need to be broken down?

jhns
03-05-2010, 10:24 AM
Speaking of running a business, you don't pay a player top 5 money to sit out for half the season because he can't stop beating his girlfriend, driving drunk or slipping on Mc Donalds bags. It's not good business.

Quick, how many games has Marshall missed in his career?

When has Marshall not produced even with these problems?

You think you are clever but your post is not living in reality. Anyways, if you are of that mind set, I put out an option for you that doesn't involve this team having a locker room cancer.

strafen
03-05-2010, 10:25 AM
I don't know that he took care of anything considering he was suspended once and benched for another game.I don't condone his behavior during TC. You're right he didn't help himself there.
However, being benched is still an action taken by McDaniels I'm still not quite clear it was warranted.
The guy was hurt, or injured himself and McDaniels calls him out in public.
Not a smart move by a head coach under any circumstances.

Pony Boy
03-05-2010, 10:32 AM
A 1st get you one potential player, this is a deep deep draft. Picks on the second or third day gets you 2 potential starters for the long term.

I know but the key words are potential starters ...... We know BMarsh is a pro bowl receiver, I just don't want to see us trade for potential. A first rounder should be an impact player.....

Ok..McD haters que the list of 1 st round busts.......

strafen
03-05-2010, 10:33 AM
No one, as far as I can tell, ever questioned the production. Please show examples of who has, or else discussing this solely in terms of production is moot.

But how much production will we get if heís exiled for half a season? Are we not supposed to even think about that? What happens when our top player on offense, and one of the top paid players on the team, is home playing xbox while we figure out how to replace his production? Is that fair to the team? To the fans? Does it really need to be broken down?His production numbers were being downplayed here.

I again say I'm not condoning his behavior.
I know the risk we're taking with Marshall.
Everybody, fans, the league and anybody who follows football is aware Marshall is one league conduct policy violation away from getting an 8-game suspension.
Do we keep him, or do we sign him?
We need to make a decision here.
If we decide to sign him pay him the money. Sign him for less money than he's entitled to is not going to make him less of a risk than if giving him what he deserves.

Taco John
03-05-2010, 10:34 AM
I can't say that I'm all that convinced by this report this early in the game.

Taco John
03-05-2010, 10:35 AM
Explain to me why someone would draft Dez Bryant with their first rounder, rather than select Brandon Marshall.

Which of these two players is the bigger risk?

strafen
03-05-2010, 10:39 AM
Explain to me why someone would draft Dez Bryant with their first rounder, rather than select Brandon Marshall.

Which of these two players is the bigger risk?I agree.
Dez Bryant has some character issues that are well documented.

chex
03-05-2010, 10:42 AM
His production numbers were being downplayed here.

I again say I'm not condoning his behavior.
I know the risk we're taking with Marshall.
Everybody, fans, the league and anybody who follows football is aware Marshall is one league conduct policy violation away from getting an 8-game suspension.
Do we keep him, or do we sign him?
We need to make a decision here.
If we decide to sign him pay him the money. Sign him for less money than he's entitled to is not going to make him less of a risk than if giving him what he deserves.

I think they are making a decision. The decision being to judge his value before taking the next step.

If this were Fitzgerald, there would be no question of him getting paid. Not just because of production, but because of the reasonably low risk taken in investing your franchiseís future.

In the free market, something is worth only what someone else is willing to pay for it. Itís that simple. It remains to be seen what offers, if any, Marshall gets, but at the same time, no team is dumb enough to give a guy with this much baggage a blank check. And that is totally, 100%, Marshallís fault. To look at his numbers and just dismiss all of the other stuff is foolhardy. My biggest fear is we give him what he wants to be paid, whether its above set market value or not, and in a year or two weíre discussing cap hits.

Requiem
03-05-2010, 10:43 AM

That is a great question to ask!

WolfpackGuy
03-05-2010, 10:45 AM

Clearly Bryant.

With Marshall, you know what you're getting on the field.

Bryant hasn't proven anything in the NFL.

theAPAOps5

Thats a simple answer. Dez is walking up to the plate with a 0-0 count. They have more opportunities to rebound from a slip up.

With Marshall you are trading a first and then most likely giving him a pretty lucrative deal. If he so much as steps out of line he is looking at a lengthy suspension.

So I can understand why teams would consider drafting their own problem first before bringing in a guy who has already been bitten by his troubles.

chex

In terms of character? I don't much about Bryant other that what I've read here.

I will say this though: if McDaniels drafts Bryant, then he's a hypocrite, because McDaniels has preached team first and high character, currently playing it out with Brandon, so to take a guy with apparent character issues flies in the face of all that.

For that reason alone I wouldn't draft him.

rastaman
03-05-2010, 10:48 AM
You really believe that if Marshall half-asses it for two seasons, only plays when he feels like it, and acts like a disgruntled WR, with his history, that teams are going to be throwing huge money contracts at him when he becomes an UFA?

What other choice does Marshall have? Do you really think he should continue going out there to catch 100 plus receptions for the next two years thus greatly increasing his odds for injury while playing for only $3.0 million dollars! Marshall has honored his 4 year contract and has been the top WR in the league 3 consecutive years with two consecutive Pro Bowl appearances and yet Denver refuses to sign him long term and has told teams they must give up a first round pick if they want him as well. Sorry man, but Brandon would be an absolute fool to play into McD's and Bowlen's wishes on this time around.

There is no way the Broncos should expect BMarsh to turn in another season like his last 3 years in 2010 for what they are paying him. If Randy Moss can ressurect his career after dogging it in Oakland, there is no reason why Marshall can't do the same! Key here is, Brandon must stay healthy, stay out of trouble off the field....AND PLAY TO THE LEVEL OF HIS SALARY!

Bowlen and McD can't have their "Cake-n-Eat-It-To!" Brandon has honored his 4 year contract! Now its up to Bowlen and McD to quit being F*@king Weasels and pay Marshall what he's WORTH!

Marshall needs to come into camp ready to go and in shape! And simply tell McD and Bowlen.......show me one NFL WR making $3.0 million a year that has had 3 consecutive 100 plus reception! If McD can't show Brandon anyone.....then Marshall should just say then don't expect a 100 plus reception season from me either!

Brandon Marshall isn't an Indentured Slave.....and its high time Bowlen and McD quit treating him as such.

Point is, if all McD and Bowlen believe that Marshall is worth $3.0 million bucks this season........THEN BRANDON NEEDS TO GIVE THE BRONCOS $3.0 MILLION DOLLARS of statistical services just like any other stats that an NFL WR getting paid $3.0 million will put up as well.

bowtown
03-05-2010, 10:49 AM

Obviously Bryant... so let's get this bidding war started already!

strafen
03-05-2010, 10:50 AM
In terms of character? I don't much about Bryant other that what I've read here.

I will say this though: if McDaniels drafts Bryant, then he's a hypocrite, because McDaniels has preached team first and high character, currently playing it out with Brandon, so to take a guy with apparent character issues flies in the face of all that.

For that reason alone I wouldn't draft him.I don't think they would.

The media would eat McDaniels alive if he pulls that one off...

rastaman
03-05-2010, 10:50 AM
Getting paid 3m a year to play football is now the equivilant to the gulag. nice

Sure it is when you consider what other top tier WR's in the NFL are getting paid....you dam right!

bowtown
03-05-2010, 10:51 AM
What other choice does Marshall have? Do you really think he should continue going out there to catch 100 plus receptions for the next two years thus greatly increasing his odds for injury while playing for only $3.0 million dollars! Marshall has honored his 4 year contract and has been the top WR in the league 3 consecutive years with two consecutive Pro Bowl appearances and yet Denver refuses to sign him long term and has told teams they must give up a first round pick if they want him as well. Sorry man, but Brandon would be an absolute fool to play into McD's and Bowlen's wishes on this time around.

There is no way the Broncos should expect BMarsh to turn in another season like his last 3 years in 2010 for what they are paying him. If Randy Moss can ressurect his career after dogging it in Oakland, there is no reason why Marshall can't do the same! Key here is, Brandon must stay healthy, stay out of trouble off the field....AND PLAY TO THE LEVEL OF HIS SALARY!

Bowlen and McD can't have their "Cake-n-Eat-It-To!" Brandon has honored his 4 year contract! Now its up to Bowlen and McD to quit being F*@king Weasels and pay Marshall what he's WORTH!

Marshall needs to come into camp ready to go and in shape! And simply tell McD and Bowlen.......show me one NFL WR making $3.0 million a year that has had 3 consecutive 100 plus reception! If McD can't show Brandon anyone.....then Marshall should just say then don't expect a 100 plus reception season from me either!

Brandon Marshall isn't an Indentured Slave.....and its high time Bowlen and McD quit treating him as such.

Point is, if all McD and Bowlen believe that Marshall is worth $3.0 million bucks this season........THEN BRANDON NEEDS TO GIVE THE BRONCOS $3.0 DOLLARS of statistical services just like any other stats that an NFL WR getting paid $3.0 million will put up as well.

That was a really long winded way of not answering the question I asked. I'll ask it again. In this scenario, what's in it for Brandon?

bfoflcommish
03-05-2010, 10:52 AM

Point is, if all McD and Bowlen believe that Marshall is worth $3.0 million bucks this season........THEN BRANDON NEEDS TO GIVE THE BRONCOS $3.0 MILLION DOLLARS of statistical services just like any other stats that an NFL WR getting paid $3.0 million will put up as well.

really????? hmmm im guess andre johnson, larry fitzgerald,reggie wayne and a few tohers would have something to say about that

Archer81
03-05-2010, 10:52 AM
Sure it is when you consider what other top tier WR's in the NFL are getting paid....you dam right!

Stop. Every time you make this comparison, you are making the claim that Brandon is being exiled to die for being a political dissident. Do you know history at all? Insensitive jack ass.

BTW, anyone making 3mil a year when the US average salary is $44,000 shouldnt bitch about the amount of money they make.

Popcorn Sutton
03-05-2010, 10:54 AM

Crazy talk... :clown:

Popcorn Sutton
03-05-2010, 11:00 AM

When it comes to Brandon Marshall, you are a ****ing idiot!

We've been over this MANY times and clearly you are still not getting it. Nobody is to blame for Marshall not getting his payday other than BRANDON MARSHALL!! It started LONG before he became a Denver Bronco. Brandon Marshall is a HUGE RISK and obviously the other 31 teams are not just jumping at the opportunity to sign him to a big money contract. Don't kid yourself, a first is a small price to pay for someone of his production. The issue is money and the inherent risks he brings.

Garcia Bronco
03-05-2010, 11:03 AM
Clearly Bryant.

With Marshall, you know what you're getting on the field.

Bryant hasn't proven anything in the NFL.

But what you are buying as a team is more than production on the football field, which is why most teams won't give up a first rounder for Marshall. Marshall is a POS criminal. If he couldn't play football he'd be in jail.

Popcorn Sutton
03-05-2010, 11:06 AM
But what you are buying as a team is more than production on the football field, which is why most teams won't give up a first rounder for Marshall. Marshall is a POS criminal. If he couldn't play football he'd be in jail.

Isn't it amazing the fine line between being a multi-millionaire or a criminal? I agree, had it not been for the lure of millions of dollars, Brandon would be a career criminal. The only thing keeping him on his best behavior is the money.

WolfpackGuy
03-05-2010, 11:09 AM

That's true too.

Marshall can be a model citizen when he "wants" to be.

I think he'll still be moved.

Teams are probably just waiting to see how things shake out around the league.

rastaman
03-05-2010, 11:10 AM
This post is full of fail...but considering who wrote it, not surprising.

Marshall is where he is because he cannot control his temper, his friends or his home life. For two seasons running he has been suspended at some point for conduct detrimental to the team.

If he decides to produce like a WR making "only" a couple of million, then a future contract will only pay him to that level. If he wishes to get superstar money, he has to produce like one, and act like one.

Again Rasta, comparing Denver to a gulag? Do you know what a gulag is? Being hysterical in your description of the franchise is not only bad, but insults people who have actually gone to real gulags and were murdered en masse.

I never thought I would have to tell an ancient one to grow up, but clearly that is what you need to do.

I did not say "RUSSIAN GULAG"! However, Marshall is in an NFL Contractural Gulag situation here in Denver......and now must just stay healthy and out of legal trouble for the next two years until he's paroled out of Denver.

Right now both McD and Bowlen are now Bald Face Liars b/c they promised Marshall a long term contract or trade! Pure and simple.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-05-2010, 11:12 AM
I did not say "RUSSIAN GULAG"! However, Marshall is in an NFL Contractural Gulag situation here in Denver......and now must just stay healthy and out of legal trouble for the next two years until he's paroled out of Denver.

Right now both McD and Bowlen are now Bald Face Liars b/c they promised Marshall a long term contract or trade! Pure and simple.

/yawn

The stupidity in your posts is usually at a very high level. However, you've taken it above and beyond in this thread.

Absolutely remarkable.

Archer81
03-05-2010, 11:12 AM

Gulag is a RUSSIAN word you jackass.

It is a word that cannot be seperated from its historical and political usage.

So when you claim poor widdle Brandon Marshall is in a gulag, you make the assertion he is being sent to a prison to die. Which obviously reflects how you feel about the Denver Broncos.

OOJack
03-05-2010, 11:14 AM
just pay the man. Since I'm not paying him, I'm totally okay with this, hahahaha. I'd much rather deal with (as a fan) a "possible" future off-the-field incident from Marshall than regretting giving away the best WR we've had in ages

bowtown
03-05-2010, 11:24 AM
Gulag is a RUSSIAN word you jackass.

It is a word that cannot be seperated from its historical and political usage.

So when you claim poor widdle Brandon Marshall is in a gulag, you make the assertion he is being sent to a prison to die. Which obviously reflects how you feel about the Denver Broncos.

Exactly, just like you can't seperate the word "Holocaust" from the Josh McDaniels Era in Denver.

UberBroncoMan
03-05-2010, 11:25 AM
What's fair though? I am quite sure what Marshall thinks is fair, and what Denver thinks is fair are two different worlds.

Fair isn't $2.5 million for a top 5 receiver. I hate his off the field ****, but he WON games for us last year. Dallas for example. He's still young as hell too. This isn't like some 29 year old trying to get his last pay check. He's got 5-7 more stud years.

If we DON'T give him more than $2.5, expect a holdout. It isn't worth it. Just lock him up before Miles Austin and Vincent Jackson (potentially) get paid so much that it shoots his value up even more.

I believe he'll get better off the field as he gets older.

Archer81
03-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Exactly, just like you can't seperate the word "Holocaust" from the Josh McDaniels Era in Denver.

Right...because trading an over hyped quarterback just screams destruction of an entire religion...

BUT...considering the way some people regard Cutler, that description is not far off.

Beantown Bronco
03-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Quick, how many games has Marshall missed in his career?

When has Marshall not produced even with these problems?

Oh, I don't know. Maybe every close game minus the Pats and Cowboys games last year. The guy is infamous for padding his stats in blowouts one way or the other and tends to disappear in close games when we need him most.

UberBroncoMan
03-05-2010, 11:33 AM
Oh, I don't know. Maybe every close game minus the Pats and Cowboys games last year. The guy is infamous for padding his stats in blowouts one way or the other and tends to disappear in close games when we need him most.

Like Dallas and New England?

bronco militia
03-05-2010, 11:35 AM
oh, i don't know. Maybe every close game minus the pats and cowboys games last year. The guy is infamous for padding his stats in blowouts one way or the other and tends to disappear in close games when we need him most.

wtf

Beantown Bronco
03-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Fair isn't $2.5 million for a top 5 receiver. I hate his off the field ****, but he WON games for us last year. Dallas for example.

That's a bit of an exaggeration. I'll concede the NE game, but not Dallas.

UberBroncoMan
03-05-2010, 11:36 AM
That's a bit of an exaggeration. I'll concede the NE game, but not Dallas.

How not Dallas... his ridiculous TD catch and run is what won the game for us.

elsid13
03-05-2010, 11:37 AM
So Schefter just reported on ESPN that Seattle is now interested in signing Marshall to offer sheet. Guess that he wasn't right the first time.

Beantown Bronco
wtf

Trust me. We don't really need to rehash the details here because I've gone through this in past threads, but I've literally analyzed his performance in every game from last year and backed up my claims.

WolfpackGuy

Nah, it was Kyle Orton's precision passing...

UberBroncoMan
03-05-2010, 11:38 AM
So Schefter just reported on ESPN that Seattle is now interested in signing Marshall to offer sheet. Guess that he wasn't right the first time.

Not at all shocked. They have two 1st round picks.

Guess Alphonso Smith is totally worth Brandon Marshall.

WolfpackGuy

Getting that first round pick back the hard way...

See, I knew this regime had a plan...

Beantown Bronco
Like Dallas and New England?

Did you really miss my second sentence? How?

lookin' glass
03-05-2010, 11:39 AM
I just heard on the SF sports station Marshall is close to signing with the Seahawks.
They did not elaborate as to where they got their info, just passing it along.

elsid13

Denver would get the #6 pick not their original one.

rastaman
When it comes to Brandon Marshall, you are a ****ing idiot!

Oh F*@K you Jack Azz!

We've been over this MANY times and clearly you are still not getting it. Nobody is to blame for Marshall not getting his payday other than BRANDON MARSHALL!! It started LONG before he became a Denver Bronco. Brandon Marshall is a HUGE RISK and obviously the other 31 teams are not just jumping at the opportunity to sign him to a big money contract. Don't kid yourself, a first is a small price to pay for someone of his production. The issue is money and the inherent risks he brings.

And cry me a river with your RISK Bull Crap! What! Is Bowlen the only person taking a RISK? Isn't Marshall taking RISK as well?

Truth be told, Bowlen is taking the Financial Risk! and Brandon is taking the Career Injury RISK every Sunday and on every play on those Sunday's of suffering a season or career ending injury---WHILE STILL AWAITING HIS BIG FINANCIAL SECURITY PAYDAY.....CORRECT! Fans like you and your Ilk as well as Bowlen and McDaniels just don't get it either.

You selfish JERKS blackmail Marshall over his off the field past legal problems, while cheering for him every Sunday to make incredible plays and catches (conveniently forgetting he's no role model off the field) to full fill your "Roman Galdiator Fan Lust. Then Monday-Saturday Bmarsh is a criminal and can't be TRUSTED! What hypocritical "Judgemental" Azz Jerks you morons truly are.

If Fans like you! as well as weasels like Bowlen and McD want to play the Black Mail-Risk Card against Marshall......Marshall needs to play his own cards with playing for an organization who are hyprocrits and liars and can't be trusted! and just not give his ALL in 2010!

Marshall would be well w/i his rights of turning in a 50-55 reception season in 2010! And scyophants Azz-Hole fans will just need to STU and deal with it and enjoy it should this happen b/c this would poetic justice and statistical out put you hacks would deserve from Brandon Marshall.

Archer81

See, I knew this regime had a plan...

We'd get their 6, not 14.

UberBroncoMan
Did you really miss my second sentence? How?

Sarcasm.

UberBroncoMan
03-05-2010, 11:40 AM

AKA.

We're getting forked with having to pay a high draft pick a **** ton of money.

Just match what Seattle does.

Makes a TON of sense for Seattle.

They get a young proven superstar WR and don't have to deal with paying a potential bust a ton of cash.

WolfpackGuy
03-05-2010, 11:40 AM

Well, I could live with that.

Are the picks also attached to the year the offer sheet is signed?

I'd trade down that 6 in a hot second.

rastaman
03-05-2010, 11:41 AM
I just heard on the SF sports station Marshall is close to signing with the Seahawks.
They did not elaborate as to where they got their info, just passing it along.

I hope so.....Brandon, Bowlen, and McD's relationship is broken and un-repairable.

Beantown Bronco
03-05-2010, 11:41 AM

Nope. Look what he did that game. 3 catches for nothing before that catch.

Now look at that situation when the "ridiculous" catch happened. Tied game. 1st down at the 50 yard line with 2 minutes left in the game. He makes a routine catch which put them in field goal range and then goes on a great run after the catch for the TD. If he doesn't get any YAC, they win simply because they can run out the clock and kick the fg to win it. There is NO reason to believe they lose that game without Marshall....especially considering the absolute nothing he was doing all game before that.

UberBroncoMan
03-05-2010, 11:44 AM

Now look at that situation when the "ridiculous" catch happened. Tied game. 1st down at the 50 yard line with 2 minutes left in the game. He makes a routine catch which put them in field goal range and then goes on a great run after the catch for the TD. If he doesn't get any YAC, they win simply because they can run out the clock and kick the fg to win it. There is NO reason to believe they lose that game without Marshall....especially considering the absolute nothing he was doing all game before that.

Meh, I disagree. I think good stars show up when needed the most and that's what Brandon did. His 6'5 height (listed at 6'4) is why he was able to get the ball, and his always crazy YAC is what got him into the end-zone (even with Graham helping a bit).

FG's are NOT GUARANTEED. It's silly to assume we'd win on that. We could have never made it into FG range, missed the FG? Lost in OT?

chex
03-05-2010, 11:46 AM

I hope itís true.

The more I think about it, the more I like tendering him.

For one thing, we wonít have to worry about overspending. An offer sheet will confirm his market value, and it saves us the hassle and acrimony of negotiations.

Another thing is, if Marshall signs it, he is happy with it, so there would be no bitter taste of any possible concessions the Broncos would ask for.

Yet another thing is, it puts us in the driverís seat. Seattle would have to give us their own 1st rounder (#6) instead of our old one. Itís a great position to be in, deciding whether to have two picks in the top 11, and the possibilities that come with it, or secure Marshallís production, albeit with many caveats.

NFLBRONCO
03-05-2010, 11:50 AM

Since they have to pay BM they probably don't want to pay out top 10 pick money too.

jhns
Don't get bean started on the offense. Everything good that happened was all Orton and everything bad(like the offense in general) has a ton of excuses.

If we pull the 6th pick for Marshall, I would be very happy. I would then be hoping we could trade up to around 2-4 as I would love Suh, Bradford, or Barry(Berry? The safety, I forgot his name now).

Beantown Bronco
Meh, I disagree. I think good stars show up when needed the most and that's what Brandon did.

Like in Week one and two when he did nothing but drop everything in sight? Or week 17?

FG's are NOT GUARANTEED. It's silly to assume we'd win on that. We could have never made it into FG range, missed the FG? Lost in OT?

It's no more silly to assume Prater would've made that field goal than assuming we would've somehow lost a game that was tied in the 4th quarter with us having the ball at midfield and 2 minutes to go.

Beantown Bronco
03-05-2010, 11:54 AM
Don't get bean started on the offense. Everything good that happened was all Orton and everything bad(like the offense in general) has a ton of excuses.

Marshall had his best statistical season of his career with Orton throwing him the ball and Orton managed to win games in which Marshall essentially didn't show up to play, so yup, I'd say Orton did quite a bit for this offense last year. I've NEVER said what you're saying above, though.

TonyR
03-05-2010, 12:15 PM
Seahawks "strongly considering" a move for Marshall
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 5, 2010 2:38 PM ET

Quiet in free agency, the Seahawks are readying to make a big splash on the trade market.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that the Seahawks are strongly considering signing Broncos wideout Brandon Marshall to an offer sheet.

If the Seahawks signed Marshall and the Broncos didn't match the contract, Seattle would owe Denver the No. 6 overall pick in the draft. But that's not very likely to happen.

The Seahawks and Broncos can negotiate to send lesser trade compensation more befitting Marshall's value.

Seattle owns the No. 14 pick in the draft, which they got from Denver last year. They probably would have to use that in a trade unless they could convince the Broncos to take less.

Either way, Schefter writes Seattle is "absolutely" preparing to make a run at Marshall. There doesn't appear to be a lot of competition for him, so we don't see why it can't happen.

Then again, maybe the release of this report is aimed at creating more competition for Marshall's services.

UPDATE: Marshall is expected to visit Seattle Saturday. They aren't messing around.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/05/seahawks-strongly-considering-a-move-for-marshall/

jhns
03-05-2010, 12:23 PM
What is up with Shefter since he changed jobs? He reported that no one is interested in Marshall right before serious interest is shown. He also is making bold predictions now with the Bradford will go first overall thing. This isn't the type of reporting I remeber from the Shefter of old and he has barely started his new gig.

bowtown
03-05-2010, 12:25 PM
What is up with Shefter since he changed jobs? He reported that no one is interested in Marshall right before serious interest is shown. He also is making bold predictions now with the Bradford will go first overall thing. This isn't the type of reporting I remeber from the Shefter of old and he has barely started his new gig.

He's at ESPN now. They make you fill a weekly quota of substance free reports and unreseached rumors.

Requiem
03-05-2010, 12:25 PM
Want to talk abotu Adam Scheoftor makea new thread jhNS.

jhns
03-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Want to talk abotu Adam Scheoftor makea new thread jhNS.

How do I make a new thread? I never took the time to learn. It has always just been easier changing the topic of current threads.

Requiem
03-05-2010, 12:40 PM
You pull your boyfriends balls off your eyes and click the button.

Paladin
03-05-2010, 12:44 PM
he's at espn now. They make you fill a weekly quota of substance free reports and unreseached rumors.

lol!!!

jhns
03-05-2010, 12:45 PM
That seems like a lot of work. I will just continue taking threads off topic.

Requiem
03-05-2010, 12:46 PM
A douche like you would.

jhns
03-05-2010, 12:49 PM
A douche like you would.

Ouch.....

rastaman
03-05-2010, 01:02 PM

3 catches for nothing! You do realize who was at QB during that game....It Was "Inconsistent" Kyle Orton who at that time was holding the ball way too long and throwing passes away for half the game. You remember that game don't you.

Oh so now according to your logic the game against Dallas everything was ROUTINE and now that the game is over your 20-20 illogical mindset says Denver wins the game w/o Brandon! Yeah right! The fact is ya can't change the fact that BRANDON's performance won that game for the Bronocs....and you were happy and euphoric just like all of us. Sheeesh what an ungrateful prick you truly are. There is nothing easy or routine about playing in the NFL.

Hamrob
03-05-2010, 02:32 PM
I'll happily as stupid when it comes to the NFL as Adam Schefter.So, perhaps you'd like to eat some crow?

bowtown
03-05-2010, 02:37 PM
Hey, remember this thread? I love how fast things change. I hope this lasts until the draft.

NYBronco
03-05-2010, 03:25 PM

I think the regime did well in handling their "mistakes" last year and am pleased with how they are handling Marshal.

Hamrob
03-05-2010, 04:46 PM
I think the regime did well in handling their "mistakes" last year and am pleased with how they are handling Marshal.Let's see...their letting go of a top-5 WR for a first round draft choice at best. Oh, yeah...their handling it wonderfully (laughing stock of the nfl).

Rohirrim
03-05-2010, 04:49 PM
How soon they forget:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zfMj7qNt6X8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zfMj7qNt6X8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

snowspot66
03-05-2010, 04:52 PM
Let's see...their letting go of a top-5 WR for a first round draft choice at best. Oh, yeah...their handling it wonderfully (laughing stock of the nfl).

Yeah, everybody laughed when we traded Cutler and look how well he did. Maybe, just maybe, the front office people and coaches have some idea of how good players are and how well they'll work within the team.

Paladin
03-05-2010, 04:55 PM
More than some nimrods we see around here......

Dagmar
03-05-2010, 04:56 PM
So, perhaps you'd like to eat some crow?

Fair enough.

Doggcow
03-05-2010, 09:48 PM
Yeah, everybody laughed when we traded Cutler and look how well he did. Maybe, just maybe, the front office people and coaches have some idea of how good players are and how well they'll work within the team.

:spit: Lol, that was a brutal owning right there.

Caligula
03-05-2010, 10:05 PM

Oh? How well did we do? We still don't have a QB worth a crap, and the draft choices we took with the pick? Not a single one has looked good.

Not to mention, if we get our 14th pick back for Marshall, we basically traded Marshall for Alphonso Smith.... a CB that was replaced by a 80 yr old player that wasn't on a roster, and an undrafted free-agent.

So if you are trying to sell us on how our coaches know good players are, and how well they work with the team, you might want to re-evaluate that thinking.

strafen
03-05-2010, 10:22 PM
Oh? How well did we do? We still don't have a QB worth a crap, and the draft choices we took with the pick? Not a single one has looked good.

Not to mention, if we get our 14th pick back for Marshall, we basically traded Marshall for Alphonso Smith.... a CB that was replaced by a 80 yr old player that wasn't on a roster, and an undrafted free-agent.

So if you are trying to sell us on how our coaches know good players are, and how well they work with the team, you might want to re-evaluate that thinking.Based on the players we draft last year and a season under their belt, McDaniels has not shown to be a good talent evaluator.

Hulamau
03-05-2010, 10:23 PM
AKA.

We're getting forked with having to pay a high draft pick a **** ton of money.

Just match what Seattle does.

Makes a TON of sense for Seattle.

They get a young proven superstar WR and don't have to deal with paying a potential bust a ton of cash.

Your stuck looking only in the rear view mirror. The real value will be determined by not only who we pick with the #1 from Seattle, should Marshall sign and we don't match, but with how Alphonso shapes up this year and the next as well, and how Marshall pans out over his career in Seattle ... or elsewhere once he gets the money?

In any event, it seems clear Marshall wanted out of Denver as much, or maybe far more, to put more distance between himself and the Williams murder and Denver's tre-tre crips, than with any problem with the team or Josh. Perhaps the Broncos understand the nuances of this whole show better than any of us and are willing to help him out for a more focused and committed player longer term who really wants to be here?

Maybe we get a new stud QB or Wilfork-like Nose tackle, or perhaps trade down one of our #1s now and stock up on several higher round choices to more quickly rebuild the front 7 and add depth ... maybe from this trade we get a combination of players, any one of which may not be as marquee as Brandon, but collectively contribute to more wins over all and a more consistent team?

And maybe Alphonso settles down and turns into a eventual pro bowl corner as well? The jury will be out on this one for a while so don't be so quick in judging the results with such certainty.

snowspot66
03-05-2010, 10:52 PM

So if you are trying to sell us on how our coaches know good players are, and how well they work with the team, you might want to re-evaluate that thinking.

You state it as if our draft picks somehow invalidate how horrible Cutler was. He was terrible. The coaches and front office were right to move his malcontent ass. Our rookies didn't start. Holy ****! That never happens!

Yeah we don't have a franchise QB. We didn't when Cutler was here either. So we trade Marshall. Big deal. Teams don't win because of dominant receivers (Matt Millen might beg to differ though). They win because of dominant lines and good QB play. If we keep Marshall, great. If we don't, great lets use the picks on the lines where we really need the help.

But feel free to keep panicking. Worked out so well for everybody last offseason.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-05-2010, 11:03 PM

Your argument is based on a major "if" that doesn't actually make sense given the real-life scenario that Seattle would send us the #6 for signing Marshall to an offer sheet.

your argument is a failure.

Hamrob
03-06-2010, 08:01 AM
Yeah, everybody laughed when we traded Cutler and look how well he did. Maybe, just maybe, the front office people and coaches have some idea of how good players are and how well they'll work within the team.Hey, I disagree. I truly think Jay Cutler is going to make that trade look bad in the long run. Regardless, trading a talent like Marshall for just a #1 is not a smart move.

Hamrob
03-06-2010, 08:02 AM
Fair enough.I'll be eating some crow myself if the Hawks give us the 6. I just don't see them doing that. I think we'll end up trading him first...perhaps for the 14 and a player.

Hamrob
03-06-2010, 08:04 AM
:spit: Lol, that was a brutal owning right there.What's funny is just how many of you really think that Cutler is the next Ryan Leaf.

I disagree. I think with Martz and the talent they're signing in Chicago....he'll be lighting it up next year...and the pendelum will swing back to us having made a poor decision.

TonyR
03-06-2010, 08:11 AM
...trading a talent like Marshall for just a #1 is not a smart move.

You're oversimplifying the situation. Marshall doesn't want to be in Denver and is a major distraction to the organization. Getting rid of him, and getting some good assets in return, might be the best move for everybody.

UberBroncoMan
03-06-2010, 08:16 AM
What's funny is just how many of you really think that Cutler is the next Ryan Leaf.

I disagree. I think with Martz and the talent they're signing in Chicago....he'll be lighting it up next year...and the pendelum will swing back to us having made a poor decision.

So Peppers and Chester Taylor are going to protect Jay Cutler in a scheme historic for sacking QB's with an O-Line that's below average as is.

Cosmo
03-06-2010, 08:39 AM
Ok, orangemane, lets stop with the mixed signals ok.

1) Most would like to find a way to keep Marshall, but we all understand his legal troubles make it hard to just plain make him the highest paid receiver in the game.

2) I seem to recall everyone thinking the value was Marshall was a 2nd or 3rd rounder with a slight hope of getting a 1st rounder and now all of the sudden the #6 overall isn't good enough. WTF?! I wanted to keep Marshall was well, but what were we supposed to do to stop him from signing an offer sheet? Franchise tag him? He's also going as far as from our division as possible, which means we won't have to see him that often. He's even going to a west coast team, so he won't be hugely talked about like he would on an east coast team. Now granted, #6 may not have Suh, McCoy, or Bradford left, but it could and a lot of us were hot on Berry not too long ago.

3) When did this draft become so lousy? I keep hearing people wanting a pick next year instead of this year....why? Everyone that hot to get Jake Locker? We have no way of knowing how good of year he will have to even get a pick high enough for him, or need one high enough. Look at Snead, he was going to be a high pick at the beginning of the year, now he sucks and is looking at the 5th round at best. This years draft has over 50 players with 1st round talent. We have a shot at players like Suh, McCoy, Bradford, Clausen, Spiller, Berry, Mays, ANYONE! Who would have thought that even a month ago, let alone a year ago.

Conclusion: I like Marshall, but I do think he is an injury or legal problem away from trouble. Remember he has already had hip problems, what ended Smiths Career. He's apparently afraid of the gang people here, has issues with the D. Will death and overall, nothing like the Cutler situation for us to complain about it like its the end of the world and McD is the devil. The end.

oubronco
03-06-2010, 08:41 AM
there is no guarantee we will be getting the 6 pick

zdoor
03-06-2010, 08:48 AM

1) Most would like to find a way to keep Marshall, but we all understand his legal troubles make it hard to just plain make him the highest paid receiver in the game.

2) I seem to recall everyone thinking the value was Marshall was a 2nd or 3rd rounder with a slight hope of getting a 1st rounder and now all of the sudden the #6 overall isn't good enough. WTF?! I wanted to keep Marshall was well, but what were we supposed to do to stop him from signing an offer sheet? Franchise tag him? He's also going as far as from our division as possible, which means we won't have to see him that often. He's even going to a west coast team, so he won't be hugely talked about like he would on an east coast team. Now granted, #6 may not have Suh, McCoy, or Bradford left, but it could and a lot of us were hot on Berry not too long ago.

3) When did this draft become so lousy? I keep hearing people wanting a pick next year instead of this year....why? Everyone that hot to get Jake Locker? We have no way of knowing how good of year he will have to even get a pick high enough for him, or need one high enough. Look at Snead, he was going to be a high pick at the beginning of the year, now he sucks and is looking at the 5th round at best. This years draft has over 50 players with 1st round talent. We have a shot at players like Suh, McCoy, Bradford, Clausen, Spiller, Berry, Mays, ANYONE! Who would have thought that even a month ago, let alone a year ago.

Conclusion: I like Marshall, but I do think he is an injury or legal problem away from trouble. Remember he has already had hip problems, what ended Smiths Career. He's apparently afraid of the gang people here, has issues with the D. Will death and overall, nothing like the Cutler situation for us to complain about it like its the end of the world and McD is the devil. The end.

It's funny that during the draft last year a lot of posters cited this year's draft as being one of the best QB drafts in years. Then injuries and poor playy changed all that. Who knows how next years QB's will look after they play another season and this draft is definitely deep at a lot of positions. They only possible advantage to waiting for a pick from next years draft is the potential for a slotting wage scale to cut costs of high picks but I would much rather have a pick this year since you know the talent is already deep in the first few rounds.

Personally I'd like the extra first for defensive help and wouldn't mind gambling a 2nd on Tebow. Despite the issues with him, I really like the kid...

gunns
03-06-2010, 08:49 AM
What's funny is just how many of you really think that Cutler is the next Ryan Leaf.

That's an "I think" possibility. If it happens, so what if the pendelum swings back to us? Move on, like I give a **** what other fans think. As much as I don't want Orton to be our QB, if Cutler had been here the season wouldn't have been much different. Cutler may not be Ryan Leaf as far as talent, but personality wise he was developing the snotty little attitude quite well.

rastaman
03-06-2010, 09:08 AM
That's an "I think" possibility. If it happens, so what if the pendelum swings back to us? Move on, like I give a **** what other fans think. As much as I don't want Orton to be our QB, if Cutler had been here the season wouldn't have been much different. Cutler may not be Ryan Leaf as far as talent, but personality wise he was developing the snotty little attitude quite well.

So how much mileage of satisfaction do you get from your hatred of Cutler!;)

gunns
03-06-2010, 09:13 AM
So how much mileage of satisfaction do you get from your hatred of Cutler!;)

I don't have a lot of hatred for Cutler. My disappointment with Cutler came before McD was even coach. They way he threw his teammates under the bus for their performances without taking responsibility for his own actions. His redzone incapabilities. As far as the McD/Cutler fiasco, I put that on both of them. I don't know who was telling the truth. I wasn't real thrilled with Orton coming in, and I'm still not, but Cutler hadn't proven to me he was the quality of QB to shed tears over either.

rastaman
03-06-2010, 09:14 AM
So Peppers and Chester Taylor are going to protect Jay Cutler in a scheme historic for sacking QB's with an O-Line that's below average as is.

Well the Bears did have a lot of injuries on their OL last season. Getting the OL healthy and Martz's passing scheme of utilizing Forte, Taylor, Hester, Knox, Olsen, and Devin Armoguosh will greatly improve the OL. Key here for the Bears is how well Cutler takes care of the ball and doesn't force the issue.

colonelbeef
03-06-2010, 09:15 AM

Below market value is below market value, your opinion on how large the sum seems comparatively to your lifestyle has no bearing whatsoever

bronco militia
03-06-2010, 12:19 PM
I think schefter was right...teams will not be willing to give up a #1 for BM

SonOfLe-loLang
03-06-2010, 12:22 PM
I think schefter was right...teams will not be willing to give up a #1 for BM

Then don't trade him. Plain and simple.

Caligula
03-06-2010, 12:24 PM
teams aren't going to give a 1st to a team when they know he's not going to be there anyway. Its why teams don't trade for players they know will hit the open market in FA. Everyone knows that McD doesn't want him here, and Marshall doesn't want to be here. Why throw out a first?

We will trade him away.. he isn't going to be here. WHy keep him for a season only to watch him leave next year and get nothing?

Plain and simple.... we won't. We'll trade him for the highest offer

SonOfLe-loLang
03-06-2010, 12:29 PM
teams aren't going to give a 1st to a team when they know he's not going to be there anyway. Its why teams don't trade for players they know will hit the open market in FA. Everyone knows that McD doesn't want him here, and Marshall doesn't want to be here. Why throw out a first?

We will trade him away.. he isn't going to be here. WHy keep him for a season only to watch him leave next year and get nothing?

Plain and simple.... we won't. We'll trade him for the highest offer

I wouldn't. Id keep him here and make him play. And he will, he's not gonna hold out, it would be stupid for him to do so. And you never know what can happen in a year, maybe they'll fall in love with each other again. A 2nd round pick is nothing. Our three last year were Quinn, Smith, and McBath. Would you trade those THREE for Marshall? of course not. So it better start with a first rounder or he's playing in Denver next season. Anything else is unacceptable.

As for fear of him acting out, what's the going rate for a completely absent minded WR who self destructed? He's not dumb, if he ever wants to get paid that huge contract, he'll need to keep his mouth shut and play well.

bronco militia
03-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Then don't trade him. Plain and simple.

I would not, but I'm not Mcdumbass either ;D

Tombstone RJ
03-06-2010, 12:37 PM

Well said. Rep.

rastaman
03-06-2010, 01:59 PM
I wouldn't. Id keep him here and make him play. And he will, he's not gonna hold out, it would be stupid for him to do so. And you never know what can happen in a year, maybe they'll fall in love with each other again. A 2nd round pick is nothing. Our three last year were Quinn, Smith, and McBath. Would you trade those THREE for Marshall? of course not. So it better start with a first rounder or he's playing in Denver next season. Anything else is unacceptable.

As for fear of him acting out, what's the going rate for a completely absent minded WR who self destructed? He's not dumb, if he ever wants to get paid that huge contract, he'll need to keep his mouth shut and play well.

Oh bull crap! Its not that simple. If Brandon is forced to stay in Denver one more season, the rest of the league will be licking their chops to watch the drama unfold btwn McD and Brandon and know its a bad relationsip waiting to explode. So much so, that teams will understand should there be a marked decline in Marshall's stats and productivity. Forcing Marshall to stay in Denver just so McD can make or prove a point could very well back fire and cause Marshall to loose his desire to play the game at the highest level required to be successful.

Marshall could very well go public and say the game in no longer FUN and he has lost his love for the game by being force to stay in Denver. Then What! Will fans accuse him of being a slacker? Perhaps by then Marshall becomes clinically depressed and is physically unable to perform at the highest levels required to play in the NFL! Then what?

What if doctors diagnose Marshall with clinical depression and recommends he doesn't play? Afterall, Brandon could play the first 8 games and only give 60% (you know catching the ball and simply looking for the first Defensive player to make contact with and simple falling down) and the last 8 games he gets a doctor to say he's too clinically/mentally depressed and needs to take a leave of absense from the game!

Then what? I'll tell you what the 2010 season is a waste statistically wise for Marshall, thus lowering his trade value in 2011 or 2012! After this disaster, can McKnow-It-All demand a 1st round compensation for Marshall? I think not. Can Brandon recover from his clinical depression and go own to have a stellar NFL career while earning that big pay day with another team....sure of course he can.

tsiguy96
03-06-2010, 02:08 PM
Oh bull crap! Its not that simple. If Brandon is forced to stay in Denver one more season, the rest of the league will be licking their chops to watch the drama unfold btwn McD and Brandon and know its a bad relationsip waiting to explode. So much so, that teams will understand should there be a marked decline in Marshall's stats and productivity. Forcing Marshall to stay in Denver just so McD can make or prove a point could very well back fire and cause Marshall to loose his desire to play the game at the highest level required to be successful.

Marshall could very well go public and say the game in no longer FUN and he has lost his love for the game by being force to stay in Denver. Then What! Will fans accuse him of being a slacker? Perhaps by then Marshall becomes clinically depressed and is physically unable to perform at the highest levels required to play in the NFL! Then what?

What if doctors diagnose Marshall with clinical depression and recommends he doesn't play? Afterall, Brandon could play the first 8 games and only give 60% (you know catching the ball and simply looking for the first Defensive player to make contact with and simple falling down) and the last 8 games he gets a doctor to say he's too clinically/mentally depressed and needs to take a leave of absense from the game!

Then what? I'll tell you what the 2010 season is a waste statistically wise for Marshall, thus lowering his trade value in 2011 or 2012! After this disaster, can McKnow-It-All demand a 1st round compensation for Marshall? I think not. Can Brandon recover from his clinical depression and go own to have a stellar NFL career while earning that big pay day with another team....sure of course he can.

you just made the connection between making 3 million dollars to play football and clinical depression, because of a franchise tag that is fully out of the broncos hands. congrats LOL

DBroncos4life
03-06-2010, 02:12 PM

What if Marshall builds a rocket ship at takes over the moon? Then what? OR OR OR What if in Marhsall's spare time he is building a set of "Telepods". And while showing off his "Telepods" to his friends a fly lands in one of them transforming Marshall into THE FLY. Who would pay for him then? We better dump him now because lord only knows if any of my ****ing ridiculous theories could come true too right!!!!

oubronco
03-06-2010, 02:12 PM

:spit:

extralife
03-06-2010, 02:25 PM

Chester Taylor is a pretty good blocker

but I'm going to let you kids have your fun itt

rastaman
03-06-2010, 02:29 PM
What if Marshall builds a rocket ship at takes over the moon? Then what? OR OR OR What if in Marhsall's spare time he is building a set of "Telepods". And while showing off his "Telepods" to his friends a fly lands in one of them transforming Marshall into THE FLY. Who would pay for him then? We better dump him now because lord only knows if any of my ****ing ridiculous theories could come true too right!!!!

What if McD learns to tell the truth and suddenly wins back the locker room. What if McD rehabilitates himself and the players actually have faith and trust in him again. What if McD proves to Hillis that he isn't a liar! What if McD proves that he actually knows how to run an offense?:flower:

Boy Miracle McDaniel's sure has some character flaws and issues.;)

rastaman
03-06-2010, 02:33 PM
you just made the connection between making 3 million dollars to play football and clinical depression, because of a franchise tag that is fully out of the broncos hands. congrats LOL

So making 3 million dollars equates to Bmarsh posting the following stats of 55-784-6! Those are the types of stats WR's earning 3 million dollars are putting up. Would that sit well with ya? :thumbsup:

No let me guess, you want BMarsh to turn in another 100 plus reception season for a measly $3.0 million bucks! :rofl:

DBroncos4life
03-06-2010, 02:35 PM
What if McD learns to tell the truth and suddenly wins back the locker room. What if McD rehabilitates himself and the players actually have faith and trust in him again. What if McD proves to Hillis that he isn't a liar! What if McD proves that he actually knows how to run an offense?:flower:

Boy Miracle McDaniel's sure has some character flaws and issues.;)

What if Hillis practiced real hard and got good at executing the offense and proved McD wrong? What if Hillis found a way to OZ and got a brain and could pick up on the things that he is doing wrong? Just because McD said he was going to use Hillis more before the start of camp doesn't mean that after watching him in camp and preseason that he didn't realize that Hillis in fact just sucks.

tsiguy96
03-06-2010, 02:35 PM
So making 3 million dollars equates to Bmarsh posting the following stats of 55-784-6! Those are the types of stats WR's earning 3 million dollars are putting up. Would that sit well with ya? :thumbsup:

No let me guess, you want BMarsh to turn in another 100 plus reception season for a measly $3.0 million bucks! :rofl:

you act like i hate marshall. hes one of my favorite players in the NFL. i would take the 6th pick in a heartbeat for him though.

hes not going to be clinically depressed for anything football related, i gaurantee you that. to make outrageous claims like that is silly. hes going to play hard this year whether hes a bronco or not, because thats the type of player he is. that and he will be a FA next year, and if he goes 4 years in a row with 100 receptions, while he may still not be a top 3 WR (his ypc and touchdowns wont allow that, be he is a great, great possession guy) he will get paid to be one.

Dedhed
03-06-2010, 03:29 PM

Yes, I'm sure you're more qualified, and more intelligent. You just choose not to make millions of dollars because you prefer to discuss football on a message board than pursue a career as a GM or HC in the NFL. I get it, man.

bronco militia
03-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Yes, I'm sure you're more qualified, and more intelligent. You just choose not to make millions of dollars because you prefer to discuss football on a message board than pursue a career as a GM or HC in the NFL. I get it, man.

good point....why are you here?