PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Marshall on Seahawks Radar

gunns
03-04-2010, 10:41 PM
Not much here, but interesting as far as picks.

Could Denver Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall be leaving the AFC West and heading to the Pacific Northwest?

According to a league source, there's a strong rumor that Marshall is drawing significant interest to the Seahawks and new coach Pete Carroll.

Per our source, nothing is imminent as far as drawing up an offer sheet.

Marshall is a restricted free agent, but he was only assigned the first-round tender.

The Seahawks own two first-round draft picks, the sixth overall pick and the 14th overall selection.
The Broncos would have the opportunity to match any offer or receive a first-round pick as compensation.

Per two league sources, the Baltimore Ravens aren't expected to pursue Marshall

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Wilson-Brandon-Marshall-on-Seahawks-radar.html

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-04-2010, 10:42 PM
League source's name: Burger Bill Williamson.

Doggcow
03-04-2010, 10:45 PM
Nooooo. I hate the ****ing Seahawks and would hate to see them look good because of Marshall.

bap454
03-04-2010, 10:51 PM
No **** they want him. Remember the game where he ran all over them.

UberBroncoMan
03-04-2010, 10:52 PM
So in essence, would us losing Marshall to the Seahawks mean...

Brandon Marshall ='s Alphonso Smith?

WHAT A DEAL!

We get a do-over!

I mean I'm sure we'll nail our the first rounder we'd get for Marshall because 1st rounders for proven young talent always pan out!

If we let Marshall go for a 1st I'll be disgusted.

... that said a Seahawk 1st is better than say... a Patriot or Arizona 1st.

Requiem
03-04-2010, 10:56 PM
Uberman, your post made me laugh my ass off. In a good way. **** LOL.

bap454
03-04-2010, 10:57 PM

WHAT A DEAL!

We get a do-over!

I mean I'm sure we'll nail our the first rounder we'd get for Marshall because 1st rounders for proven young talent always pan out!

Well damb debbie downer... when you put it like that:flush:

Doggcow
03-04-2010, 11:02 PM
I really hope Marshall doesn't leave. I think that will seriously hurt our franchise. However, if he does move, and we replace him with Quality talent I won't be that upset.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-04-2010, 11:08 PM
I really hope Marshall doesn't leave. I think that will seriously hurt our franchise. However, if he does move, and we replace him with Quality talent I won't be that upset.

Im not sure losing a WR ever hurts the franchise THAT much, that said, id prefer to keep him.

montrose
03-04-2010, 11:10 PM

No, the RFA tender has to be the team's own draft pick or higher so it'd be the #6 pick. Not gonna happen.

Ziggy
03-04-2010, 11:14 PM
No, the RFA tender has to be the team's own draft pick or higher so it'd be the #6 pick. Not gonna happen.

They won't give up the 6th pick for him, but they can offer the 14th up in a trade. Paul Allen may be the 1 owner that is willing to gamble millions with Marshall's off field troubles.

Great13
03-04-2010, 11:14 PM
Well we'd get their original 1st round pick.. so that would be #6. Which could make sense for the Seahawks. Do you draft an unproven Dez Bryant at #6 and pay him top 10 money? Or Do you trade #6 for a 25 year old proven Brandon Marshall? They still have the #14 pick so they could address their other need in the 1st round still.

So if you wanna get all technical about last years draft... I guess it would be Marshall and the #14 for Alphonso Smith and the #6... hmmm it's actually not that bad when you look at it that way... I guess. Either way.. I doubt it happens.

montrose
03-04-2010, 11:19 PM
They won't give up the 6th pick for him, but they can offer the 14th up in a trade. Paul Allen may be the 1 owner that is willing to gamble millions with Marshall's off field troubles.

This is true. I'm still not sold that they want to trade him. That's not saying they want him back either. I get the feeling they can go either way, whatever's better for the team.

Doggcow
03-04-2010, 11:23 PM
I'd take the #6 for sure. Especially if Bradford is there.

cutthemdown
03-04-2010, 11:46 PM

WHAT A DEAL!

We get a do-over!

... that said a Seahawk 1st is better than say... a Patriot or Arizona 1st.

No not really. We would have Alphonso and a first round pick. So you grab a new Primmadonna WR and get 2 players for 1 I guess.

Yeah losing Marshall sucks, but really I don't like him or trust him. He seemed to be dogging it at end of yr. He was a cry baby whiner to start yr. He says he is haunted in Denver about the DW murder.

Maybe its best for all for him to move on, broncos get a first round pick, Brandon gets rich, Hawks take the risk and get a good player, Brandon doesn't have to be reminded by living in the city of Darrents Murder.

Get it done lets move on.

cutthemdown
03-04-2010, 11:47 PM
This is true. I'm still not sold that they want to trade him. That's not saying they want him back either. I get the feeling they can go either way, whatever's better for the team.

It's not really a trade, you just sign Marshall to offer sheet. Broncos have pretty much said he is available for a first round pick.

It's almost like they want someone to sign him.

mr007
03-05-2010, 12:16 AM
No not really. We would have Alphonso and a first round pick. So you grab a new Primmadonna WR and get 2 players for 1 I guess.

Yeah losing Marshall sucks, but really I don't like him or trust him. He seemed to be dogging it at end of yr. He was a cry baby whiner to start yr. He says he is haunted in Denver about the DW murder.

Maybe its best for all for him to move on, broncos get a first round pick, Brandon gets rich, Hawks take the risk and get a good player, Brandon doesn't have to be reminded by living in the city of Darrents Murder.

Umm it's not a 2 for 1. It's as Uber said, we gave Seattle #14 for Alphonso Smith, so in essence, we spent #14 on AS. If we get #14 back for BM that is a 1for1. So yeah, his post was correct. If we get #14 for BM, it is exactly as if we traded BM for AS and kept the same pick in the draft we would have originally had.

rastaman
03-05-2010, 04:27 AM

Rep! I chalk it up to Destiny. Seriously, some relationships just weren't meant to be. The relationship btwn Brandon and McD will always have been a ticking time bomb.

Neither would have truly trusted one another and then there would have been the legacy of Bmarsh's past off the field problems that would have been used as leverage against him by management. For the sake of Brandon's and McD's careers its best they both move on and not try to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Besides, McD doesn't really want players that could be bigger than the system he's trying to implement in Denver, and would rather have 3 Gaffney type WR's than one Brandon Marshall.

The Brandon, Bowlen and McD simply need to shake hands and say "Sorry-It-Didn't-Work-Out" and move on. Enough of all the drama b/c its getting old.

broncofan
03-05-2010, 04:46 AM
Oh Seattle...where Wide Reciever's careers go to die...

rastaman
03-05-2010, 05:00 AM

The irony is Brandon's career will die in Denver under the current circumstances as well. The relationship btwn McD and Brandon is a ticking time bomb and there's a lack of trust on both sides to guarantee another drama filled "Locker-Room" divided season.

Paladin
03-05-2010, 07:09 AM
Umm it's not a 2 for 1. It's as Uber said, we gave Seattle #14 for Alphonso Smith, so in essence, we spent #14 on AS. If we get #14 back for BM that is a 1for1. So yeah, his post was correct. If we get #14 for BM, it is exactly as if we traded BM for AS and kept the same pick in the draft we would have originally had.

Oh, snap!!!! This is soooo important, you know?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-05-2010, 07:11 AM
The irony is Brandon's career will die in Denver under the current circumstances as well. The relationship btwn McD and Brandon is a ticking time bomb and there's a lack of trust on both sides to guarantee another drama filled "Locker-Room" divided season.

Man, I love it when you make **** up to fit your argument.

oubronco
03-05-2010, 07:12 AM

Damn straight

LonghornBronco
03-05-2010, 07:43 AM
Homer! :poke:

SportinOne
03-05-2010, 08:37 AM
Don't they have Housh? why the f would they spend a 1st on a WR?

Rohirrim
03-05-2010, 08:42 AM
Rep! I chalk it up to Destiny. Seriously, some relationships just weren't meant to be. The relationship btwn Brandon and McD will always have been a ticking time bomb.

Neither would have truly trusted one another and then there would have been the legacy of Bmarsh's past off the field problems that would have been used as leverage against him by management. For the sake of Brandon's and McD's careers its best they both move on and not try to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Besides, McD doesn't really want players that could be bigger than the system he's trying to implement in Denver, and would rather have 3 Gaffney type WR's than one Brandon Marshall.

The Brandon, Bowlen and McD simply need to shake hands and say "Sorry-It-Didn't-Work-Out" and move on. Enough of all the drama b/c its getting old.

If Brandon doesn't find some maturity, it's not going to matter who his head coach is.

Rohirrim
03-05-2010, 08:42 AM

Steve Largent did okay there. ;D

Flex Gunmetal
03-05-2010, 09:22 AM

What color tie was Bowlen wearing today? It's obvious you spend a lot of time with the coaches and players and you are deeply involved in their relationships. How did you set that up by the way?

gtown
03-05-2010, 09:30 AM

Don't jinx it!! I already lit my candles for a Bradford arrival.

lod01
03-05-2010, 09:44 AM

Never been to Jacksonville I see. You want to die as a WR? Go there.

elsid13
03-05-2010, 09:46 AM
Never been to Jacksonville I see. You want to die as a WR? Go there.

I actually love to have Mike Thomas and Sims-Walker on Denver.

Requiem
03-05-2010, 09:49 AM
I'd love to have Jimmy Smith on our roster with Rod Smith.

ChSuperStar
03-05-2010, 09:51 AM
I'd love to have Jimmy Smith on our roster with Rod Smith.

I turned the clock backwards (16 yrs).. Your wish granted.

Great13
03-05-2010, 12:38 PM
Seahawks | Considering signing B. Marshall to offer sheet

Fri, 05 Mar 2010 11:27:49 -0800

Adam Schefter, of ESPN, reports the Seattle Seahawks are considering signing Denver Broncos restricted free-agent WR Brandon Marshall to an offer sheet.

Schefter is reporting it.... and it would have to be the #6 right?

Natedog24
03-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Schefter is saying on ESPN right now that Marshall will be visiting Seattle tomorrow...

BroncoSojia
03-05-2010, 12:45 PM
Bradford/Clausen welcome to Denver!

:welcome:

Requiem
03-05-2010, 12:46 PM
Draft picks make me HAaaaaaaaaaapPPy!

Natedog24
03-05-2010, 12:48 PM

Especially when its the number 6 pick in the draft

rastaman
03-05-2010, 03:43 PM
What color tie was Bowlen wearing today? It's obvious you spend a lot of time with the coaches and players and you are deeply involved in their relationships. How did you set that up by the way?

Well I would ask you how long have you been a McDaniel's "Butt Snorkeler"! You have evidently been a bias Homer in this regard. Have a nice day!:~ohyah!:

rastaman
03-05-2010, 03:45 PM

6th round picks wont' make Bowlens Wallet/Finances HAPPY!:D