PDA

View Full Version : Cromartie traded to jets (M)

jebures
03-04-2010, 09:00 PM
Cromartie traded to Jets

Corey Williams DT traded to Lions per schefters twitter page

Hercules Rockefeller
03-04-2010, 09:02 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4967074

'11 3rd that could become a 2nd

The MVPlaya
03-04-2010, 09:07 PM
I think Rex will be able to get great play out of him as far as coverage goes... Cromartie definitely has the physical skills to play good and if ANYONE can get Cro to play well it's going to be Rex.

Jets defense just upgraded with the best CB tandem in the league.

jebures
03-04-2010, 09:09 PM
I think Rex will be able to get great play out of him as far as coverage goes... Cromartie definitely has the physical skills to play good and if ANYONE can get Cro to play well it's going to be Rex.

agreed

Florida_Bronco
03-04-2010, 09:13 PM

Best tandem in the league? Not until Cromartie shows he can be a legit starter in this league.

ZONA
03-04-2010, 09:25 PM
That's a strange move for the Lions to make. They are sitting at #2 and won't take Bradford if he is there because they have Stafford. The won't reach for Okung at OT because they used their #17 pick in 2008 on an OT. They must pick between McCoy and Suh to get the value or trade down but that is a big IF. Not sure about that move. I'm wondering if they are in love with Berry or something and don't mind taking him #2. That would be a tough pill to swallow.

FYI - Hey Taco, can you merge. There are 2 threads on Cromartie to the Jets.

DBroncos4life
03-04-2010, 09:33 PM
That's a strange move for the Lions to make. They are sitting at #2 and won't take Bradford if he is there because they have Stafford. The won't reach for Okung at OT because they used their #17 pick in 2008 on an OT. They must pick between McCoy and Suh to get the value or trade down but that is a big IF. Not sure about that move. I'm wondering if they are in love with Berry or something and don't mind taking him #2. That would be a tough pill to swallow.

Maybe they have a deal in the works with the Bucs. Crap I thought the Bucs picked farther down. LOL

Ambiguous
03-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Best tandem in the league? Not until Cromartie shows he can be a legit starter in this league.

He had a drop off after his rookie year. But if anyone is going to get the best out of him it's Ryan, and he knows what he's doing on defense.

That team actually looks pretty scary if Sanchez continues progression next year.

broncosteven
03-04-2010, 09:38 PM
I thought Cro has been on the downward spiral ever since Marshall grabbed 18 catches off him a couple years ago. Not sure if the Jets are going to like what they get.

Who is their secondary coach?

Florida_Bronco
03-04-2010, 09:41 PM
He had a drop off after his rookie year. But if anyone is going to get the best out of him it's Ryan, and he knows what he's doing on defense.

That team actually looks pretty scary if Sanchez continues progression next year.

He had one good year 2007. Besides that, he's been about average and his lack of effort alone was enough to get him shipped out of San Diego. The guy has a long ways to go before he can be called part of the best CB tandem in the league.

Killericon
03-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Dre Bly to Revis' Champ.

Ambiguous
03-04-2010, 09:50 PM
He had one good year 2007. Besides that, he's been about average and his lack of effort alone was enough to get him shipped out of San Diego. The guy has a long ways to go before he can be called part of the best CB tandem in the league.

I'm just saying if there is any place he can return to form, it's probably in a Ryan defense. I think the turning point in his career was the Hochuli bowl where Cutler/Marshall completely embarrassed the guy.

I never agreed with the best CB tandem in the league, but I think he can be good, and is worth taking a chance on. FA moves like this are what make or break a team, if they are on the right side of this one they will look pretty damn good.

Remember SD had a diminished pass rush last year, and he was really good in Merriman's heyday. Similar situation in NY.

Killericon
03-04-2010, 09:52 PM
(I posted this in the other thread, but I think it's gonna get deleted)

Dre Bly to Revis' Champ.

Br0nc0Buster
03-04-2010, 09:58 PM
I bet the AFC East runningbacks are loving that

Cro cant tackle worth ****
and since 2007 cant cover either

SoCalBronco
03-04-2010, 10:02 PM
The Jets will play alot of 1, 1 Robber and 0.

richpjr
03-04-2010, 10:04 PM
After watching Cromartie completely pull up and puss out on hitting the runner on the game clinching TD run in the playoffs, I'm shocked that the Jets would trade for the guy. But maybe Ryan is arrogant enough to think he can get through to him when nobody else can. The guy has freakish physical skills but man, behind on child support for his 7 children with 5 different woman before the age of 25 - sounds like Travis Henry.

yerner
03-04-2010, 10:08 PM
he can still play if he gets paid and motivated. must be nice to make millions and not be able to read. **** everyone.

gunns
03-04-2010, 10:24 PM

What's wrong with stocking up for a great DL? Of course being Bronco fans the idea is inconceivable

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-04-2010, 10:29 PM
A third rounder?

Where are all the SD fans, telling us that he's better than Champ?

The MVPlaya
03-04-2010, 11:03 PM
Cromartie has the skills and physical talent to be a great CB. Playing defense is about being in the right position at the right times and Rex is obviously amazing at this.

Rex ain't a dumbass when it comes to defense - so if he's going after Cro he obviously knows what he's doing.

AFC east running backs are loving this? Too bad Rex's defense stops the run regardless of who is at CB.

Requiem
03-04-2010, 11:07 PM
Williams trade is what strikes me. Obviously he was unhappy in his role there. He actually had a great year.

400HZ
03-04-2010, 11:15 PM
AJ Smith is in beast mode today. I'm thrilled at the compensation that we got. THRILLED! I can't wait to see Cro running away from whatever running back we draft. Hell, he'll be running away from Darren Sproles, too.

The MVPlaya
03-04-2010, 11:21 PM
AJ Smith is in beast mode today. I'm thrilled at the compensation that we got. THRILLED! I can't wait to see Cro running away from whatever running back we draft. Hell, he'll be running away from Darren Sproles, too.

Wait you're happy that the Chargers got a future 3rd (which is probably going not going to be high) for a 19th pick in the draft?

boltaneer
03-04-2010, 11:22 PM
A third rounder?

Where are all the Bronco fans who said he was better than Jammer?

BTW, I don't recall anyone ever claiming he was better than Bailey.

Oh, and good riddance to that lazy POS. Addition by subtraction at it's finest!

KCStud
03-05-2010, 12:38 AM
Chargers are falling to mediocrity anyway. LT is gone, Merroidman is nothing without the juice, Jamal Williams is old and now gone, Castillo is hurt all the time and their drafts have been below average since Marty left. I can definitely see the Chiefs or Broncos take the division in the next year or two and overthrow them.

Boltjolt
03-05-2010, 12:40 AM
I thought Cro has been on the downward spiral ever since Marshall grabbed 18 catches off him a couple years ago. Not sure if the Jets are going to like what they get.

Who is their secondary coach?

Cromarties problem is he is a puss and dont like contact. Most fans wanted him gone.

JCMElway
03-05-2010, 12:59 AM

The Lions run a 4-3, so having Corey Williams and Suh/McCoy makes a ton of sense. The starters for Detroit currently are Grady Jackson (oooold) and Sammie Hill who hasn't shown much yet and couldn't pass his conditioning test in training camp last year.

If the Lions get two new starting DTs out of the off season they are filling a major need.

slyinky
03-05-2010, 01:14 AM
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/6670/cromartiefb1.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/5kkln4.jpg
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/3883/cromartiefb2.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/2gt6wdc.gif
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9756/cromartiefb3.jpg
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/7029/cromartiefb4.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/2ngqzbn.gif
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/213/cromartiefb5.jpg

Atwater His Ass
03-05-2010, 01:23 AM
dissapointed it took until the 2nd page for someone to re-post that

The Joker
03-05-2010, 02:04 AM
I think this is a good move for both teams.

San Diego gets rid of a guy who has gone backwards the last couple of years, and for a nice draft pick as well.

Meanwhile, Cromartie is the kind of aggressive gambler who'll get plenty of picks in a scheme like the one Ryan runs in New York.

boltaneer
03-05-2010, 03:19 AM
Chargers are falling to mediocrity anyway. LT is gone, Merroidman is nothing without the juice, Jamal Williams is old and now gone, Castillo is hurt all the time and their drafts have been below average since Marty left. I can definitely see the Chiefs or Broncos take the division in the next year or two and overthrow them.

So what's different about that scenario than what happened this past season?

LT was inefficient. Ditto for Merriman. Jamal was on IR the whole year and Castillo was hurt as usual. Are the Chargers really going to miss any of that?

Until the Chiefs or the Broncos get a real QB (or unless Rivers goes down), I just don't see it happening.

boltaneer
03-05-2010, 03:25 AM
I think this is a good move for both teams.

San Diego gets rid of a guy who has gone backwards the last couple of years, and for a nice draft pick as well.

Meanwhile, Cromartie is the kind of aggressive gambler who'll get plenty of picks in a scheme like the one Ryan runs in New York.

Agreed.

Cromartie is still a good player (and we've already seen his potential) and he'll probably look better on the Jets because their defense and their front seven in particular is so strong. Two years ago, when the Chargers front seven was much stronger, it hid his weaknesses. But with the injuries to the defense last year, his weakness against the run (and his lack of heart) really came to surface.

I think he'll excel on the Jets just because the beef up front will take the pressure off of him.

Killericon
03-05-2010, 04:04 AM
I'm just surprised you guys didn't get more for him.

eddie mac
03-05-2010, 04:06 AM
So what's different about that scenario than what happened this past season?

LT was inefficient. Ditto for Merriman. Jamal was on IR the whole year and Castillo was hurt as usual. Are the Chargers really going to miss any of that?

Until the Chiefs or the Broncos get a real QB (or unless Rivers goes down), I just don't see it happening.

Is that the same unreal QB that waxed your ass (when he wasn't injured) in SD this year???

400HZ
03-05-2010, 06:31 AM
I'm just surprised you guys didn't get more for him.

My last post regarding Cromartie before the trade was that the Chargers should hold out for a 4th, and a lot of people had similar feelings. A third that could become a second is a lot better than most of us were expecting, especially if the second is based on playing time. We all know that he isn't going to work hard enough to injure himself and miss any playing time.

elsid13
03-05-2010, 07:24 AM
Cromartie always seemed to me to be a player that depend to much on his natural talent and refused to become a professional player. Casson is by far a better player, still wish we had him.

boltaneer
03-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Is that the same unreal QB that waxed your ass (when he wasn't injured) in SD this year???

And what did that win amount to in the grand scheme of things?

Denver should have walked away with the division last year with that 6-0 start. I know it's not all on Orton and he may have been limited by the play calling but you guys needed better QB play for sure.

sixtimeseight
03-05-2010, 11:27 AM
A third rounder?

They are all in damage control mode, trying to pretend that they never said that, even though many people around here remember it.

400HZ
03-05-2010, 11:34 AM
They are all in damage control mode, trying to pretend that they never said that, even though many people around here remember it.

He had one good year. Over the long haul though he never stood a chance against Champ's professionalism, work ethic, and heart. I hope Cromartie imparts some of his values onto Darrell Revis.

WolfpackGuy
03-05-2010, 11:34 AM
you guys needed better QB play for sure.

The #8 jersey owners won't stand for that!

Prepare to have a burning cross in your front yard tonight!

LOL

Black96WS6
03-05-2010, 11:38 AM

LoL. I love this post. Should sticky it.

Your post talks about players that didn't contribute anything to the Chargers' success last year, and because they're no longer with the Chargers, you conclude that they won't be successful. I love it.

Let's break this down, shall we?

1. LT is gone - Yeah, because he was such a force last year with his 3YPC avg lol. Anyone else back there is going to be an UPGRADE at this point.

2. Merroidman is nothing without the juice - Coming back from a serious knee injury last year. Jury's still out, way too early to say that until we see what he does this year. If he stinks it up, I'll agree with you. Otherwise, DCs still said last year they still had to game plan for him and he still commands double teams at this point.

3. Jamal is old and now gone - He was out on IR and didn't play last year and the Chargers went 13-3. Nice logic.

4. Drafts have been below average since Marty left - You get a pass on this since I could care less about following KC's drafts, and I'm sure you don't follow the Chargers closely. But this is just flat out wrong. Marty had input, no final decision-making ability. Some of AJ Smith's highlights:

- Robbing the Giants in the Eli Manning trade

- Replacing "Ricochet" Caldwell with Keenan McCardell

- I could go on and on, but I'll just pick a few out recently since you said since Marty left :kiddingme:

2007 - Eric Weddle, starting saftey. Brandon Siler, developing into a great ILB, Legedu Naanee - Great 3rd/possession receiver.

2008 - Antonie Cason, had basically same # of INTs as Cromartie the last 2 years in a non-starting Role. Is Starting this year.

2009 - Larry English and Kevin Ellison, OLB and SS, too early to tell right now, but they look promising, and Ellison is a huge upgrade over Clinton Hart. Vasquez, starting Guard.

Br0nc0Buster
03-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Cromartie moves on from being Brandon Marshall's b**** to Wes Welker and Randy Moss's b****

boltaneer
03-05-2010, 12:25 PM

I'm still waiting for someone to dig up these Cromartie>Bailey posts.

I know for sure I never said anything like that and I don't remember any of the other regular Charger posters saying the same thing.

Maybe one of the trolls might have said it? Or this is all revisionist history.

Houshyamama
03-05-2010, 12:45 PM
The Chugger fans are all upset, it's adorable.

But you need to be quiet now and let the adults talk.

boltaneer
03-05-2010, 01:40 PM
Upset?

Charger fans are happy that Cromartie is gone and that AJ got as much as he did out of that trade.

What's to be upset about?

DBroncos4life
03-05-2010, 01:47 PM
The Lions run a 4-3, so having Corey Williams and Suh/McCoy makes a ton of sense. The starters for Detroit currently are Grady Jackson (oooold) and Sammie Hill who hasn't shown much yet and couldn't pass his conditioning test in training camp last year.

If the Lions get two new starting DTs out of the off season they are filling a major need.

The Lions signed Vanden Bosch too. If they land Suh they will have a pretty good front four.