PDA

View Full Version : Shanny cuts Ladell Betts and 9 others

montrose
03-04-2010, 07:20 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/04/redskins-make-it-official----10-are-gone-10-are-tendered/

My Redskins friends are in full meltdown mode as Betts has a larger cult following among their fan base than Hillis does ours. My buddy just texted me: "Shanahan is ****ing up our team! He's making us Denver East and killing the Skins!" Now how funny is that.

Dagmar
03-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Every team has fans who are certified idiots it seems.

jebures
03-04-2010, 07:31 PM
id take betts over arrington in a heartbeat....quick cut arrington! :P

Paladin
03-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Every team has fans who are certified idiots it seems.

Ya think?

bowtown
03-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Shanahan can't get along with anyone.

spdirty
03-04-2010, 07:39 PM
Well he's probably waiting for McD to cut Hillis so he can snag him. And Peyton Hillis will make em forget Betts.

Br0nc0Buster
03-04-2010, 07:40 PM
This is only the beginning

Shanny has to make room for Kirkus and Tatum Bell

UberBroncoMan
03-04-2010, 07:41 PM
That's actually surprising given that Betts has outplayed Portis for a few years now. I can see why he has a following there since he's been a backup to diva child and consistently performing better when given the chance.

Rabb
03-04-2010, 07:43 PM
Shanahan can't get along with anyone.

:notworthy

Paladin
03-04-2010, 07:46 PM
They are not gonna be Denver East.

They wil be Shanahan East........

Hamrob
03-04-2010, 08:22 PM
If they don't watch it...they might end up in the playoffs next year!

Ray Finkle
03-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Betts has had about 12 good games in 8 years....not worth it....

extralife
03-04-2010, 08:25 PM
I'm a little surprised he cut Betts and Smoot. Did they have bad cap numbers or something?

broncosteven
03-04-2010, 08:33 PM
I'm a little surprised he cut Betts and Smoot. Did they have bad cap numbers or something?

Maybe Smoot didn't send Shanny a Love boat invite.

Ambiguous
03-04-2010, 08:34 PM
That's actually surprising given that Betts has outplayed Portis for a few years now. I can see why he has a following there since he's been a backup to diva child and consistently performing better when given the chance.

It will be kinda cool cause now I can go over to a skins board, do a find and replace with Betts/Hillis, and pretend I'm reading the OM circa last fall.

I haven't been here since the end of the season... Is that crap still going on?

Ray Finkle
03-04-2010, 08:34 PM

smoot was bad this year.....he lost any ability he had.

Crushaholic
03-04-2010, 08:38 PM
A coach who wants to bring in his own players? INSANE...:hitself:

Tombstone RJ
03-04-2010, 08:44 PM
But, but, but... Shanny doesn't make mistakes! Only young inexperienced coaches like McPoopypants makes stupid moves like this!

plummershelper
03-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Color me impressed when the skins bring in Mustard for every other week. Or Patrick Hape for that matter.

BlaK-Argentina
03-04-2010, 09:08 PM
Funny how their fans are angry that he's doing exactly what McD did here. Both franchises will probably be better off in the long run.

Pony Boy
03-04-2010, 09:18 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/04/redskins-make-it-official----10-are-gone-10-are-tendered/

My Redskins friends are in full meltdown mode as Betts has a larger cult following among their fan base than Hillis does ours. My buddy just texted me: "Shanahan is ****ing up our team! He's making us Denver East and killing the Skins!" Now how funny is that.

That's funny... what team they can't get much worse.

bronco militia
03-04-2010, 09:30 PM

there's no such thing as a salary cap in football anymore

montrose
03-04-2010, 10:08 PM
That's funny... what team they can't get much worse.

The interesting thing is many of their fans are as diluted about where the 2009 Redskins were as some of our fans about where the 2008 Broncos were.

outdoor_miner
03-04-2010, 10:16 PM
A coach who wants to bring in his own players? INSANE...:hitself:

haha - I was going to make this joke. Why can't Shanahan adjust his system to fit the existing players??? Gotta have "his guys". I bet the locker room is divided!

DBroncos4life
03-04-2010, 10:23 PM
I like Betts stats from each game last year. -1, 13, 2, -1, 7, 1, 70, 114, and 5. That 114 was a bitch :rofl: Anyways he will be 31 to start the season and with the other RB's out there like Jones, LT, Westbrook, and Lewis I think the Redskins can find a back better then Betts as a back up.

bpc
03-04-2010, 10:24 PM
I don't think Washington fans will have to worry about a productive running game in the future, Betts or not.

xznsocal
03-05-2010, 01:10 AM
This draft is very deep with RBs and Shanny + Bobby Turner will know who they want to compete with and split carries with CP.

broncocalijohn
03-05-2010, 01:40 AM

I heard that Atlas had Betts as his adopt a Redskin and is now threatening to become a fan of the Broncos.

rastaman
03-05-2010, 03:29 AM

Shanny is making room for "Hillis".....you heard it hear first! ;) Straight up trade.....Hillis for Betts. ;)

chrisp
03-05-2010, 05:02 AM
I'm guessing this move would not have been made without turner's approval, so perhaps Betts just doesn't fit the one-cut style he favours? We know Portis can do it becuase he did it for years in Denver.

Does anyone know if they're looking to implement a zone-blacking scheme with the O-line? Am i right in thinking they migth have got Gibbs Senior to coach the o-line or did I dream that?

The Joker
03-05-2010, 05:07 AM
Zone blacking scheme?!

Racist!!

elsid13
03-05-2010, 05:28 AM
I'm guessing this move would not have been made without turner's approval, so perhaps Betts just doesn't fit the one-cut style he favours? We know Portis can do it becuase he did it for years in Denver.

Does anyone know if they're looking to implement a zone-blacking scheme with the O-line? Am i right in thinking they migth have got Gibbs Senior to coach the o-line or did I dream that?

Gibbs went to the Seattle. And yes Washington is going ZBS. Reports out of Redskins parks is that Blount (OR) is there prime target in the draft. Which is cool because last season, that the guy I thought Turner would really love as RB.

Betts is done, he's 30 year back that been injured a lot of the past couple of seasons. Shanahan is removing over 30 year players that have injury issues.

Punisher
03-05-2010, 05:39 AM

my redskins friends are in full meltdown mode as betts has a larger cult following among their fan base than hillis does ours. My buddy just texted me: "shanahan is ****ing up our team! He's making us denver east and killing the skins!" now how funny is that.
lmao!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-05-2010, 05:48 AM
Shanny is making room for "Hillis".....you heard it hear first! ;) Straight up trade.....Hillis for Betts. ;)

We'd actually have to cut Hillis. We haven't done that yet.

You heard it here first! What a dumbass.

jhns
03-05-2010, 06:00 AM
Funny how their fans are angry that he's doing exactly what McD did here. Both franchises will probably be better off in the long run.

I have yet to see Shanahan run off a 25 year old pro bowl QB, give away a future first for an undersized/slow corner, or run off a d-coordinator when the defense did nothing but improve. I would say he isn't doing close to what McD did here yet. Who knows though, he still has time.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-05-2010, 06:08 AM
I have yet to see Shanahan run off a 25 year old pro bowl QB, give away a future first for an undersized/slow corner, or run off a d-coordinator when the defense did nothing but improve. I would say he isn't doing close to what McD did here yet. Who knows though, he still has time.

Oh blah blah blah. New day, same old argument from jhns.

All shanny did was hire retread coordinators, draft dog**** for the defensive line, and completely let the defense waste away to nothing.

Look at all the players he cut! Nobody likes him! THe locker room is divided!

TonyR
03-05-2010, 06:15 AM
We'd actually have to cut Hillis. We haven't done that yet.

You heard it here first! What a dumbass.

I don't know why some of these morons keep clinging to this Hillis narrative. There's no reason to cut him at this point. He's young and doesn't make much money. I suppose it's possible he doesn't make the roster and gets before the season starts but he's not getting cut any time soon. People need to drop this and move on.

jhns
03-05-2010, 06:16 AM

All shanny did was hire retread coordinators, draft dog**** for the defensive line, and completely let the defense waste away to nothing.

And he got fired for it. That was what he did here though. We are talking about his new job.

As for the last paragraph, you show who the unreasonable one is. Again an argument I have never made. I'm not sure what it has to do with anything.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-05-2010, 06:17 AM
I don't know why some of these morons keep clinging to this Hillis narrative. There's no reason to cut him at this point. He's young and doesn't make much money. I suppose it's possible he doesn't make the roster and gets before the season starts but he's not getting cut any time soon. People need to drop this and move on.

Yeah, but they won't. They'd rather make up bull**** about things they have no clue on than have nothing to bitch about.

Why complain about something legitimate when you can make something up and complain about that instead?

elsid13
03-05-2010, 06:19 AM

For what ever reason Hillis hasn't seem to click in this offense. This is important off season for him, because I would not be surprised if he is cut/traded. With the resigning of Arrington carries are going to be short supply for any back outside the top three running back on this team and Hillis is going to need to show something during OTA/Camp to remain with Denver.

TonyR
03-05-2010, 06:26 AM
...the resigning of Arrington...

Agree. Assuming Arrington makes the roster this doesn't bode well for Hillis unless he sticks as a FB.

elsid13
03-05-2010, 06:29 AM
Agree. Assuming Arrington makes the roster this doesn't bode well for Hillis unless he sticks as a FB.

FB isn't really used in this system. Beside Larson can do that job, plus play LB and is ST performer. Hillis need to make impact running the ball and catching it out from the backfield to be on this team.

Dagmar
03-05-2010, 07:21 AM

He fired Coyer. He traded UP for Jarvis Moss. He chased off Jake Plummer.

jhns
03-05-2010, 07:31 AM
He fired Coyer. He traded UP for Jarvis Moss. He chased off Jake Plummer.

Coyer didn't improve the defense just before getting fired and he also wanted out. He did not give away a future first as we were rebuilding for Moss. Jake Plummer was also complete crap the year he got benched. He was not in the pro bowl. Way to not give a single good example.

Anyways, you are showing you can't read. This is a comparison of McDaniels here and Shanahan in Washington.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-05-2010, 07:45 AM
Coyer didn't improve the defense just before getting fired and he also wanted out. He did not give away a future first as we were rebuilding for Moss. Jake Plummer was also complete crap the year he got benched. He was not in the pro bowl. Way to not give a single good example.

Anyways, you are showing you can't read. This is a comparison of McDaniels here and Shanahan in Washington.

Blah blah blah blah blah.

The reason you don't see the validity of the connection is because you don't want to. You're the OM equivalent of a kid putting his fingers in his ears and saying "LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU."

I love how Coyer "wanted out" but Nolan was "chased off." What a ****ing laughingstock you are.

MplsBronco
03-05-2010, 07:48 AM
Well he's probably waiting for McD to cut Hillis so he can snag him. And Peyton Hillis will make em forget Betts.

I know, Shanny loved Hillis so much he waited for only 6 rbs to get hurt before putting him in!

jhns
03-05-2010, 07:49 AM
Blah blah blah blah blah.

The reason you don't see the validity of the connection is because you don't want to. You're the OM equivalent of a kid putting his fingers in his ears and saying "LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU."

I love how Coyer "wanted out" but Nolan was "chased off." What a ****ing laughingstock you are.

It isn't a valid comparison. Nolans defense improved a ton in one season and he was fired. Coyer had mutiple seaons(that alone makes it a horrible comparison) and the defense continued to collapse in big games. He was not making it better any more. Again, horrible comparison.

TonyR
03-05-2010, 07:51 AM
Nolans defense improved a ton in one season and he was fired.

Nolan wasn't fired. Try again.

elsid13
03-05-2010, 07:54 AM
I know, Shanny loved Hillis so much he waited for only 6 rbs to get hurt before putting him in!

Let be fair, Turner determined the running back rotation not Shanahan. Turner is a guy that grouped runners into two categories - running back and hybrid - RB/FB tweeners - and determined when to use them in the game.

jhns
03-05-2010, 08:07 AM
Nolan wasn't fired. Try again.

Riiiight... "We want to go in another direction."

Fine, it was mutual. Even McDaniels hand picked coaches don't want to work with him and he doesn't want a guy around that did nothing but improve his side of the team. All while McDaniels side of the team regressed.

Is that better for you?

DenverBrit
03-05-2010, 08:08 AM
Let be fair, Turner determined the running back rotation not Shanahan. Turner is a guy that grouped runners into two categories - running back and hybrid - RB/FB tweeners - and determined when to use them in the game.

Like he did with Hillis? ;D

DenverBrit
03-05-2010, 08:11 AM
The Washington Redskins had veteran center Casey Wiegmann in for a free agent visit Thursday. However, both sides couldn't come to an agreement on a contract, a source said. Later in the day, sources said the team was working on re-signing starting center Casey Rabach, who's set to be an unrestricted free agent Friday.

Adam Caplan, Scout.com

bowtown
03-05-2010, 08:14 AM
Coyer didn't improve the defense just before getting fired and he also wanted out.

Where did you get that little piece of fiction?

elsid13
03-05-2010, 08:15 AM

Yup

bowtown
03-05-2010, 08:15 AM

http://omni.tomcatania.com/e107_files/public/1241542886_2_FT2_382oh_snap.jpg

DenverBrit
03-05-2010, 08:32 AM
Yup

:thumbsup:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-05-2010, 08:45 AM

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set/BQcDAAAAAwoDanBnAAAABC5vdXQKFjBMc2xoWlNDM1JHdTktMG YwRGhvX2cAAAACaWQKAXgAAAAEc2l6ZQ.jpg

OOJack
03-05-2010, 09:24 AM
Yeah, but they won't. They'd rather make up bull**** about things they have no clue on than have nothing to b**** about.

Why complain about something legitimate when you can make something up and complain about that instead?

not only are you a douche, but you are a jaded fool as well. quit spewing diarrhea of the mouth Mr. Moose All-knowing...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-05-2010, 09:46 AM
not only are you a douche, but you are a jaded fool as well. quit spewing diarrhea of the mouth Mr. Moose All-knowing...

Thanks OOJack for your contribution.

Talk about diarrhea of the mouth. Do you even know how to contribute anything of value?

The cockwallet to which I was referring simply made up bull**** and passed it off as fact. I'm not entirely sure why the hell you would pipe up like an insubordinate little ****, but why don't you run off to the kitchen and make me a sandwich? Thanks.

Archer81
03-05-2010, 09:48 AM

Talk about diarrhea of the mouth. Do you even know how to contribute anything of value?

The cockwallet to which I was referring simply made up bull**** and passed it off as fact. I'm not entirely sure why the hell you would pipe up like an insubordinate little ****, but why don't you run off to the kitchen and make me a sandwich? Thanks.

How 1950s.

But if he is going to make sandwiches, I want roast beef.

:Broncos:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-05-2010, 09:52 AM
How 1950s.

But if he is going to make sandwiches, I want roast beef.

http://theantiroom.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/mad-men.jpg

Turkey club for me. And a martini. **** it, it's Friday.

barryr
03-05-2010, 09:57 AM
Shanahan only wants his guys. McDaniels though must keep every Shanahan leftover no matter what though.

BlaK-Argentina
03-05-2010, 10:28 AM
shanahan only wants his guys. Mcdaniels though must keep every shanahan leftover no matter what though.

zing!

OOJack
03-05-2010, 10:36 AM

haha, ok internet tough guy. not sure how you think your nonsense is added value to the forum, which is what i was pointing out to you. understand yet? probably not, because again, you are jaded

jhns
03-05-2010, 10:40 AM

He told when we were hanging out the other day.

Archer81
03-05-2010, 10:44 AM
haha, ok internet tough guy. not sure how you think your nonsense is added value to the forum, which is what i was pointing out to you. understand yet? probably not, because again, you are jaded

http://tinyurl.com/ay9k7y

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-05-2010, 10:52 AM

I'm sorry, who started this disagreement? Did you poke your nose in with your "stop the diarrhea of the mouth" bull**** tough guy routine? Thought so. Thanks for playing.

Go ahead and put me on ignore. I've yet to see you make a single post that was worth a piece of my dog's ****.

OOJack
03-05-2010, 10:56 AM
I'm sorry, who started this disagreement? Did you poke your nose in with your "stop the diarrhea of the mouth" bull**** tough guy routine? Thought so. Thanks for playing.

Go ahead and put me on ignore. I've yet to see you make a single post that was worth a piece of my dog's ****. <!-- / message --> <!-- sig --> __________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.

hahaha, its funny how you believe your crap is worth reading, take care douche!

Go Broncos!

strafen
03-05-2010, 11:05 AM

Go Broncos!Put that jackass on your ignore list.
I have him in there. It's too bad I still read some of his crap when people quote him.
As you can see, I'm not missing anything of value...

DBroncos4life
03-05-2010, 12:36 PM

Go Broncos!

:yayaya:

azbroncfan
03-06-2010, 10:11 AM
Riiiight... "We want to go in another direction."

Fine, it was mutual. Even McDaniels hand picked coaches don't want to work with him and he doesn't want a guy around that did nothing but improve his side of the team. All while McDaniels side of the team regressed.

Is that better for you?

The loss of the efense in Denver was completely tributed to Shanny's poor GM abilities and picking personal friends and a bum at that for DC.

HAT
03-06-2010, 10:41 AM
Nolans defense improved a ton in one season

30 PPG allowed in the 8 losses.

azbroncfan
03-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Nolans defense improved a ton in one season and he was fired. .

I always wonder why some of you guys think MCD had no imput on the personel that was brought in. It is definately a NE approach and not the Nolan approach.

rastaman
03-06-2010, 11:08 AM
I always wonder why some of you guys think MCD had no imput on the personel that was brought in. It is definately a NE approach and not the Nolan approach.

Seems like the league has got up to the NE Approach. We will see whether or not McD can bring the possible out dated NE winning receipe to Denver. He has 3 years left to get-her done. YA HOO!:sunshine:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-06-2010, 11:11 AM
Seems like the league has got up to the NE Approach. We will see whether or not McD can bring the possible out dated NE winning receipe to Denver. He has 3 years left to get-her done. YA HOO!:sunshine:

The league may have "got up" (or "caught up" as the case may be) with New England, but I don't know they've caught up with the "approach." A lot of teams build from the ground up like this.

Fact is, New England is still winning 10 games a year. Guess nobody's "got up" with them enough.

Archer81
03-06-2010, 11:15 AM
The league may have "got up" (or "caught up" as the case may be) with New England, but I don't know they've caught up with the "approach." A lot of teams build from the ground up like this.

Fact is, New England is still winning 10 games a year. Guess nobody's "got up" with them enough.

Careful. Correcting misspellings or putting in correct wordage makes you an English Hoe.

gyldenlove
03-06-2010, 11:25 AM

That is not unprecedented in the NFL that a team wins more games than they lose in a decade, we had the same kind of success with Elway, the Colts have it with Manning and I bet the Saints will have it with Brees, it comes down to having a good coach-QB combination more than anything else, there is not much magic to it.

BroncoInferno
03-06-2010, 11:47 AM
Kind of surprised they released Betts. He seems a good fit for the zone-blocking scheme and has less tread on his tires than Portis, who is washed up.

colonelbeef
03-06-2010, 11:56 AM

And win. You forgot that part.

Shanahan won.

Tombstone RJ
03-06-2010, 12:55 PM

Shanahan won.

1 playoff win in 10 years post Elway. I like Shanny as much as anyone but that kind of production leaves a lot to be desired.

broncswin
03-06-2010, 01:02 PM
If they don't watch it...they might end up in the playoffs next year!

Even Shanny wont know what do to...it's been so long:thanku:

TonyR
03-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Let the failure begin...

Willie Parker expected to visit Redskins
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 6, 2010 3:42 PM ET

Mike Shanahan has dropped five running backs since arriving in Washington, and needs to replenish the depth chart.

Willie Parker will surprisingly be his first target. KDKA in Pittsburgh reports Parker will visit the Redskins on Monday.

Washington already has one declining veteran in Clinton Portis, so it's an odd fit. But Parker may not have much of a market, so perhaps Washington won't have to guarantee much money, if any.

Anthony Aldrige and P.J. Hill are the only running backs on the Redskins roster other than Portis.

(Thanks to the Washington Post for passing along the link.)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/06/willie-parker-expected-to-visit-redskins/

rastaman
03-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Careful. Correcting misspellings or putting in correct wordage makes you an English Hoe.

ROFL! Come on Sirhcy81.....you know you enjoy being an anal retentive grammar-editing HOE! :sunshine:

You keep doing this job until I "Fire Your Dumb Ass"! :curtsey:

rastaman
03-06-2010, 02:07 PM
1 playoff win in 10 years post Elway. I like Shanny as much as anyone but that kind of production leaves a lot to be desired.

Shanny winning one playoff game since his last SB victory doesn't guarantee that McD can or will do any better.

The only problem I have here is its difficult to place much stock and confidence in an unproven 30 something year old HC as well. However, by the the time McD reaches his 40's he should be a pretty good coach with another team! :strong:

rastaman
03-06-2010, 02:14 PM

I was really impressed with the great job McD did with Hillis last season. McD's dynamic approach to find ways to involve Hillis in his Dink-n-Dunk--Bubble Screen Offense, played a vital roll with Hillis getting selected to his first Pro Bowl. McD thought outside the box so much in 2009 that he "Alone" were respsonible for the 09 Broncos going 12-4 and McD's 6-0 start had him the talk of NFL!:giggle:

Whaaaaat....huh! Wake up Rasta your having a bad nightmare. :rofl:

DenverBrit
03-06-2010, 02:16 PM
I was really impressed with the great job McD did with Hillis last season. McD's dynamic approach to find ways to involve Hillis in his Dink-n-Dunk--Bubble Screen Offense, played a vital roll with Hillis getting selected to his first Pro Bowl. McD thought outside the box so much in 2009 that he "Alone" were respsonible for the 09 Broncos going 12-4 and McD's 6-0 start had him the talk of NFL!:giggle:

Whaaaaat....huh! Wake up Rasta your having a bad nightmare. :rofl:

Nah, that was just the sound of something flying way over your head. Hilarious!

rastaman
03-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Nah, that was just the sound of something flying way over your head. Hilarious!

You mean I was only dreaming that Hillis made it to the Pro Bowl and McD was solely responsible for the Broncos going 12-4 in 2009! Say-It-Ain't So! :D

TonyR
03-06-2010, 02:34 PM
Redskins talk to another lineman, don't sign him
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 6, 2010 5:28 PM ET

For those scoring at home, the Redskins have reportedly entertained four free agent offensive linemen.

They haven't signed any of them.

Former Broncos center Casey Wiegmann left the facility Saturday without a deal in place, according to Rick Maese of the Washington Post. Left tackle Chad Clifton wound up returning to the Packers, while right tackle Tony Pashos still looks like a good fit for the Redskins.

The lack of splashy deals and the methodical start to the Redskins offseason is quite a departure from previous.

Considering Washington's lack of success in the Dan Snyder era, that can't be a bad thing.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/06/redskins-talk-to-another-lineman-dont-sign-him/

colonelbeef
03-06-2010, 03:52 PM

It's called playing during the Manning/Brady era. It happens to the best of them, just ask Dan Fouts.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-06-2010, 04:00 PM

Shanahan won.

Yep. Starting in his third year.

He was 8-8 for two straight when he started in Denver.

ZONA
03-06-2010, 05:41 PM

And if McD doesn't cut Hillis, which he probably won't, I would not bet against Shanny offering like a 5th round pick in return for Hillis. I bet he does.

ZONA
03-06-2010, 05:45 PM
and I'm not sure sure Shanny is going to take a QB with his first pick. I think he could liken the idea of moving down 5 spots or so and getting his CB (Joe Haden) and picking up an extra 2nd round pick or something. We all know how Shanny loves those stud CB's. He brough Carter over and then Champ and in between those guys there were a few other mediocre guys.

Lev Vyvanse
03-06-2010, 05:52 PM
Yep. Starting in his third year.

He was 8-8 for two straight when he started in Denver.

He was 13-3 in year two.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-06-2010, 06:04 PM
He was 13-3 in year two.

You're right. My bad.

Point still stands.

Dedhed
03-06-2010, 06:17 PM
How dare a new coach release players who he doesn't feel fit his system and sign players he knows? If only they could have a sense of what it is to be a Redskin. Be more

like Shanahan...errr, wait, what happened?

The Moops
03-06-2010, 06:24 PM
Forget how much Betts was hurt last year . . . but when he's healthy he's very good. Can catch and run, someone (Denver) should sign him... and Rock Cartwright is a very good return guy . .

Tombstone RJ
03-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Shanny winning one playoff game since his last SB victory doesn't guarantee that McD can or will do any better.

The only problem I have here is its difficult to place much stock and confidence in an unproven 30 something year old HC as well. However, by the the time McD reaches his 40's he should be a pretty good coach with another team! :strong:

McD is as ready as he's ever gonna be. Shanny had more than enough time to get this team back to the SB and he failed miserably after Elway. When he finally did win a playoff game he destroyed the team by dumping the QB and inserting baby jay. I was personally excited by the move, but in hindsight it was a failure and it ended his coaching career in Denver. Shanny is his own worst enemy and if he is really as good as many here think he is, he'll have no problem winning with the Skins.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-07-2010, 05:58 AM
Forget how much Betts was hurt last year . . . but when he's healthy he's very good. Can catch and run, someone (Denver) should sign him... and Rock Cartwright is a very good return guy . .

I agree with you completely... I was shocked to see Rock released. I always thought he was pretty dang good.

elsid13
03-07-2010, 06:03 AM
All the guys Allen and Shanahan have released are extremely overpaid for thier production and have been injury prone the last couple of years.

The real interesting trend is how big Shanahan and his staff are going with offense line. Hick is 322 and Mike William (340) are been told they would have chance to be starters in the offense. Meanwhile Pasho (326) appear close signing with them too. Lots of beef there.

Edskins_RVA
03-07-2010, 08:48 AM
All the guys Allen and Shanahan have released are extremely overpaid for thier production and have been injury prone the last couple of years.

The real interesting trend is how big Shanahan and his staff are going with offense line. Hick is 322 and Mike William (340) are been told they would have chance to be starters in the offense. Meanwhile Pasho (326) appear close signing with them too. Lots of beef there.

You need more Beef in the East! ;)

Rohirrim
03-07-2010, 08:56 AM
I'm betting that Shanahan takes Toby in the second.

elsid13
03-07-2010, 08:58 AM
I'm betting that Shanahan takes Toby in the second.

Word is it Blount that Turner really likes

elsid13
03-07-2010, 09:00 AM
You need more Beef in the East! ;)

Not really, it about the same everywhere the days in NFL. Shanahan spent the year tweaking his system but he going seek to establish power running team like always.

cutthemdown
03-07-2010, 09:05 AM
Shanny is going to fail miserably in DC. He will coach about 3 yrs, not win anything, and move on.

Tombstone RJ
03-07-2010, 09:28 AM
Anyone here besides me think Shanny is gonna go after Jake Delhomme?

Caligula
03-07-2010, 09:29 AM
Anyone here besides me think Shanny is gonna go after Jake Delhomme?

No. I think the Broncos do. I think it will be our attempt to grab him as our back-up.

bronco militia
03-07-2010, 09:31 AM
No. I think the Broncos do. I think it will be our attempt to grab him as our back-up.

chris simms is still on the roster :cuss:

Tombstone RJ
03-07-2010, 09:40 AM
I think Shanny goes after Delhomme to back up Campbell. Perfict fit for Shanny's needs.

TotallyScrewed
03-07-2010, 09:46 AM
blah blah blah blah blah.

"la la la i can't hear you."

i'm more of a laughingstock than you are!!

qft

Tombstone RJ
03-07-2010, 09:55 AM
If Shanny was Campbell's coach for the last 5 years... I think they win the NFCE, Shanny's a friggen miracle worker with the right QBs... bring in Delhomme and have him backup Campbell and be a mentor to him. The Panthers are on the ringer for his contract, he's got $12m walking...

TotallyScrewed
03-07-2010, 10:05 AM
McD is as ready as he's ever gonna be. Shanny had more than enough time to get this team back to the SB and he failed miserably after Elway. When he finally did win a playoff game he destroyed the team by dumping the QB and inserting baby jay. I was personally excited by the move, but in hindsight it was a failure and it ended his coaching career in Denver. Shanny is his own worst enemy and if he is really as good as many here think he is, he'll have no problem winning with the Skins.

What?!?!

Let's see: Dan Snyder's history (strike one), NFC East, historically, is one tough division (strike two), no QB of note, no RB of note, last year they were 4-12 and a -70 in point differential (strike three).

Reality: It's likely going to be a while before Washington has a winning record much less winning the NFCE or playoff games.

Funny how people forget how bad Jake could be on any play and absolutely throw away a game.

Tombstone RJ
03-07-2010, 11:03 AM
What?!?!

Let's see: Dan Snyder's history (strike one), NFC East, historically, is one tough division (strike two), no QB of note, no RB of note, last year they were 4-12 and a -70 in point differential (strike three).

Reality: It's likely going to be a while before Washington has a winning record much less winning the NFCE or playoff games.

Funny how people forget how bad Jake could be on any play and absolutely throw away a game.

We shall see...

TonyR
03-07-2010, 11:05 AM

How are those guys going to execute the ZBS? Or is Shanny going a different direction?

elsid13
03-07-2010, 11:09 AM
How are those guys going to execute the ZBS? Or is Shanny going a different direction?

They all can move (Hick ran ZBS in Minny, William has pretty good feet and Pasho also can move), but like his last season in Denver I expect Shanahan and his boy are planning to run more traps and dive plays as they move forward.

DenverBrit
03-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Shanny is going to fail miserably in DC. He will coach about 3 yrs, not win anything, and move on.

The scenario is similar to the one when Jimmy Johnson took over the Dolphins.

4 years later, done!

uplink
03-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Heard Kyle was hanging out the Skins locker room last week trying to see if Cooley is bigger than Sean Salisbury.

baja
03-08-2010, 06:39 PM
Should we call him McShanny?