PDA

View Full Version : OT - Anyone see the Movie "Big Fan"?

broncosteven
03-04-2010, 04:47 PM
I tried doing a search to see if there is an existing thread on this but all I get is a blank screen.

Anyway I just watched it and it really reminded me about this place and how people get obsessed about their team.

The ending is billed as a shocker on the cover of the dvd case, I won't give it away but it turned out to be the case only because I was expecting this shocking ending and it had a twist I wasn't expecting...again because I was redirected.

BTW I think my mom gave my wife my NFL bed spread I had as a pre-teen back in the 70's for my son. Patton Oswalt(sp?) character has the same one, which I got a big kick out of. I had the bedspread and the curtains, it had all 28 team names on it and at one time I knew the # of times the Broncos were printed on all 3.

Anyone else see this? It was actually very good and I think they hit the NFL diehard on the head.

Dagmar
03-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Very good movie. Patton Oswalt was brilliant.

80smith
03-04-2010, 05:18 PM
Loved the ending...

broncosteven
03-04-2010, 05:44 PM
Loved the ending...

Did you see the bed spread and remember it at all?

jebures
03-04-2010, 05:52 PM

watched it as it is streaming on netflix

broncosteven
03-04-2010, 06:33 PM
watched it as it is streaming on netflix

I think those 2 could have pulled it off as KFC fans also. I love that they went to the stadium but had to watch the game on TV in the lot off their car battery.

They remind me of what I think about some of the posters here.

If your a football fan you have no excuse not to watch this movie.

jebures
03-04-2010, 06:54 PM
I think those 2 could have pulled it off as KFC fans also. I love that they went to the stadium but had to watch the game on TV in the lot off their car battery.

They remind me of what I think about some of the posters here.

If your a football fan you have no excuse not to watch this movie.

Yes, but I just cringed when I saw him walking up to his favorite player in the bar because he was just such a nerdy looking dude.

80smith
03-04-2010, 07:03 PM

Totally! I think the same curtains ended up in my room and didn't they some how make it into the garage?

Br0nc0Buster
03-04-2010, 07:10 PM
question:
Does it have Gene Kranz in it?

broncosteven
03-04-2010, 08:36 PM
Totally! I think the same curtains ended up in my room and didn't they some how make it into the garage?

I forgot about them on the garage! LOL

I have to dig around and see if I can find the bedspread.

broncosteven
03-04-2010, 08:36 PM
question:
Does it have Gene Kranz in it?

Nope but I have considered rereading Failure is not an option again.

Dagmar
03-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Nope but I have considered rereading Failure is not an option again.

Can't you just close your eyes and read it all again?

Ambiguous
03-04-2010, 08:42 PM
I have to admit, I spent most of my day at work writing out this post on paper before I actually typed it up.

But yeah, it was really good. Actually I'll say the only better movie I saw this year was the Hurt Locker.

worm
03-05-2010, 01:58 AM
Loved those sheets. I always had to sleep with my head on the Broncos logo.

I remember hating that the Dolphins used a script font in lame teal and orange right in the friggin middle of the bed.

broncosteven
03-05-2010, 03:09 PM
I have to admit, I spent most of my day at work writing out this post on paper before I actually typed it up.

But yeah, it was really good. Actually I'll say the only better movie I saw this year was the Hurt Locker.

Please tell me you don't work in a garage.

LOL