PDA

View Full Version : OT-Abraham Lincoln...`

Archer81
03-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Vampire Hunter?...

http://movies.ign.com/articles/107/1073557p1.html

Lincoln vs. the Vamps
Tim Burton and Timur Bekmambetov bring a very different presidential tale to the screen.
by Scott Collura
March 2, 2010 - Directors Tim Burton and Timur Bekmambetov (Wanted) have signed on to produce the film version of the Seth Grahame-Smith novel Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. The Grand Central Publishing book was released today.

Deadline Hollywood is reporting on the deal, which is the second for the author following on Lionsgate's move to adapt his Pride and Prejudice and Zombies for Natalie Portman. David O. Russell may direct that film, and Portman is producing and starring.

As for Lincoln, according to DH the book "kicks off with the revelation that Lincoln's mother was killed by a supernatural creature, which fueled his passion to crush vampires and their slave-owning helpers. The novel depicts the 16th U.S. president as an axe-throwing, highly trained vampire killer."

Burton and Bekmambetov both know vamps, albeit their own unique versions of the classic creatures, with the former having helmed the eponymous bio pic about Ed Wood and Bela Lugosi, and the latter making the Russian fantasy film Night Watch.

Also of note in the Deadline Hollywood report is the brief mention that Bekmambetov, "despite reports, continues to work on his Wanted sequel." With or without Angelina Jolie, it would seem.

Check out the trailer forAbraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter below. Yes, they make trailers for books these days…

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X58RPS665V0&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X58RPS665V0&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

:Broncos:

SonOfLe-loLang
03-04-2010, 12:54 PM
Something else for Tim Burton to ruin

Requiem
03-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Oh wow. LOL. I wonder if they are going to role play in the belief that he was a homosexual into the story line. Sleeping with his body guard who blows away the vampires with garlic cross bullets!

no-pseudo-fan
03-04-2010, 12:56 PM
of course Abe Lincoln was a Vampire Slayer....he also staged, pun intended, his own death so he could focus on killing Dracula, after the South was defeated

broncosteven
03-04-2010, 12:59 PM
So did the Vampires pay Booth to shoot him or is this a reboot like the new Star Trek?

broncosteven
03-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Oh wow. LOL. I wonder if they are going to role play in the belief that he was a homosexual into the story line. Sleeping with his body guard who blows away the vampires with garlic cross bullets!

I forgot about is "body guard" who would sleep with him while his wife was away.

bombay
03-04-2010, 01:20 PM
I think Lincoln got a 2nd round tender.