PDA

View Full Version : We are getting destroyed on The Herd right now. Another Marshall thread ....

TDmvp
03-04-2010, 11:22 AM
Jeez Collin just totally $hit on us for the Marshall ordeal.

Talking about how stupid we are to get rid of a SUPERSTAR PLAYER because he is full of issues ...He said , hey it's the NFL everyone is full of issues.

He actually said Marshall is UNRECOVERABLE and maybe the best in the league and literally just spent 15 ripping us a new one.

He also said no one IN THIS DRAFT at ANY position is as talented as Brandon.

I agree... If we do this again and trade someone worth something that is almost impossible to get value for or that has the potential to be something for a pile of magic beans again I'm going to $hit.

Please don't tell me we are going to be the laughing stock of another whole off-season ...

Rabb
03-04-2010, 11:24 AM
Brandon is welcome to stay as far as I can tell

spdirty
03-04-2010, 11:25 AM
cant say I disagree with him.

jhns
I agree with him. Our big problem now is we aren't as talented as the top teams. You don't cure that by letting your talent go. Hopefully they don't let him go anywhere.

spdirty
Next year it will be Clady. Just wait.

Beantown Bronco
03-04-2010, 11:26 AM
He also said no one IN THIS DRAFT at ANY position is as talented as Brandon...

cant say I disagree with him.

If that statement is true, then we should have no trouble securing the #1 overall pick for Marshall.

*WARHORSE*
03-04-2010, 11:28 AM
Herd is also a Cutler wannabe.

Guns blazing, doesnt care about collateral damage, just look good shootin.

dbfan21
03-04-2010, 11:29 AM
I heard it too on my lunch break. I totally agree that Marshall is first round talent. I think he could be an unstoppable WR for the Broncos. I just don;t know how stable he is or how much he TRULY wants to play in Denver.

Honestly, I will begin to worry when it actually happens (BM gets traded). Until then, let's just wait and see.

spdirty
If that statement is true, then we should have no trouble securing the #1 overall pick for Marshall.

why in the hell would you want the number 1 overall pick? Guaruntee you if the Rams came to us and offered it up for Marshall we would turn it down.

jhns

We probably could. Then we can watch McDaniels trade it for the top second round pick, straight up. I bet we could get a killer NT that is about 6 inches to short and around 250 Lbs there.

TDmvp
03-04-2010, 11:31 AM

Why would we want it ? .... If nothing in the draft is as good as what you would give up for the number one pick ....

ColoradoBuff
I'm one that still holds hope that Marshall stays!

Inkana7
He's probably right, but Colin Cowherd is an asshat and Sports Nation is a retarded show.

TDmvp
We probably could. Then we can watch McDaniels trade it for the top second round pick, straight up. I bet we could get a killer NT that is about 6 inches to short and around 250 Lbs there.

Hilarious!

strafen
I won't argue with him either.
We're taking Marshall for granted.
We don't know what we have until we lose it.

Marshall is an elite NFL WR and I don't care what his other issues are.
When it comes down to putting an uniform on, the guy delivers. Period.
I've been on Marshall's case before for his stupid acts and antics. He may have realized now, he's got not much luck left.
Of course he can go out tomorrow and do something stupid, but he's held up nicely so far.

Bottom line is, you don't get rid of that kind of talent. Period. And that's what Colin Cowherd point was...

spdirty
03-04-2010, 11:32 AM

:rofl:

bowtown
03-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Oh no, Colin Cowherd, America's #1 waste of space, turned terrible sports radio host/television poll-reading personality is slamming our moves? Say it ain't so!!!!

Beantown Bronco
03-04-2010, 11:33 AM
why in the hell would you want the number 1 overall pick? Guaruntee you if the Rams came to us and offered it up for Marshall we would turn it down.

Ummmm, by definition they would have to accept it, unless they were all of a sudden willing to pay Marshall whatever St Louis offered.

TDmvp
03-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Oh no, Colin Cowherd, America's #1 waste of space, turned terrible sports radio host/television poll-reading personality is slamming our moves? Say it ain't so!!!!

doesn't matter who says if it is correct ...

But hey this is the mane...

DenverBrit
03-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Just listening to Klis on the radio. He commented that at the combine, there was zero interest expressed in BM.

He again pointed out that GMs are very wary of giving BM a big contract.

So it's very possible BM isn't going anywhere, but along with the other tendered players, will skip offseason activities and may hold out a couple of days into TC.

spdirty
03-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Ummmm, by definition they would have to accept it, unless they were all of a sudden willing to pay Marshall whatever St Louis offered.

Oh yeah you were talkin rfa rules, I was thinking trade.

Rabb
03-04-2010, 11:35 AM
I want to have Marshall here also, but it isn't going to happen.

and stop quoting jhns, I need to install that FF extension to completely remove him, ignore is no good with quotes

the Alphonso Smith reference is just stale

bowtown
03-04-2010, 11:37 AM
doesn't matter who says if it is correct ...

But hey this is the mane...

Yep, and we'll find out if he's right very soon, because based on what he said, we should have a major bidding war on our hands in a couple of days.

jhns
03-04-2010, 11:38 AM
and stop quoting jhns, I need to install that FF extension to completely remove him, ignore is no good with quotes

the Alphonso Smith reference is just stale

Poor guy hasn't figured out you don't have to actually read everything you see. Free will and all....

Durango
03-04-2010, 11:38 AM
I think the Broncos will make an honest effort to keep Marshall, but teams that want a player badly enough insert that 'poison pill' in a contract to make it difficult to match. I agree with Cowherd that Marshall is an elite talent, but I disagree with the context that 'everyone has issues'. Marshall faces up to a half-year suspension the next time he screws up, and he will screw up. It's his nature. If a team wants to offer a mega-deal considering all the potential pitfalls, I truly believe the Broncos could spend that kind of financial resource elsewhere. Defense anybody?

bowtown
03-04-2010, 11:39 AM
I think the Broncos will make an honest effort to keep Marshall, but teams that want a player badly enough insert that 'poison pill' in a contract to make it difficult to match. I agree with Cowherd that Marshall is an elite talent, but I disagree with the context that 'everyone has issues'. Marshall faces up to a half-year suspension the next time he screws up, and he will screw up. It's his nature. If a team wants to offer a mega-deal considering all the potential pitfalls, I truly believe the Broncos could spend that kind of financial resource elsewhere. Defense anybody?

Good post.

jhns
03-04-2010, 11:41 AM
I truly believe the Broncos could spend that kind of financial resource elsewhere. Defense anybody?

I can kind of agree with that. They seem to not want to spend money anywhere though. I expected all of these tenders other than one. I thought they would at least give Dumervile a contract.

strafen
03-04-2010, 11:42 AM
I think the Broncos will make an honest effort to keep Marshall, but teams that want a player badly enough insert that 'poison pill' in a contract to make it difficult to match. I agree with Cowherd that Marshall is an elite talent, but I disagree with the context that 'everyone has issues'. Marshall faces up to a half-year suspension the next time he screws up, and he will screw up. It's his nature. If a team wants to offer a mega-deal considering all the potential pitfalls, I truly believe the Broncos could spend that kind of financial resource elsewhere. Defense anybody?I think everybody understand that.
Marshall going to another team carries its caveat.
In Denver, he knows what he's got, and the Broncos know what they got in Marshall...

underrated29
03-04-2010, 11:47 AM
I think Dez B. will be a better player than marshall.

Marshall is a super pimp, but he really only excells at RAC and sheilding the ball from defenders. He is slow off the line, and does not play to his full potential. He could seriously be a MONSTER out there that does it all. Right now he is getting close but not quite...

It would however, be pretty stupid to just let him go for a 1st.

TDmvp
03-04-2010, 11:48 AM
I think Dez B. will be a better player than marshall.

stopped reading after that....

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Awwwww, the poor radio show host is being mean? Dry those tears little guy!

Honestly, who gives a ****? I seem to remember hearing Schlereth calling us garbage last off season. Simply because a guy has a pulpit doesn't mean he's right.

But sure. Quiver because the big bad mean radio man said something mean.

Good grief.

FantomForce
03-04-2010, 11:51 AM
Listen bottom line Marshall wants out, with the team, and the coach calling is punk a$$ out last year. (McDaniels and Ty Law), Not to mention the whole murder case, why wouldn't we want to get as much as we could for him, number 1 pick is not a bad way to go

Popps
03-04-2010, 11:57 AM
I hope no one says anything bad about our team this year.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-04-2010, 11:58 AM
I can kind of agree with that. They seem to not want to spend money anywhere though. I expected all of these tenders other than one. I thought they would at least give Dumervile a contract.

Maybe because they dont have it

no-pseudo-fan
03-04-2010, 11:59 AM
How many 1st round WR's came into the NFL that were suppose to be the next big thing, and fell right on their faces?

BMarsh is a known producer on the field. He gets the job done.

Denver is doing him and themselves a favor by putting a 1st round tender on him. First, it allows Brandon to truly see what other clubs think he is worth(draft pick wise and more importantly in dollars and cents). The Broncos don't have to bother with his agent or Brandon until a club steps up and offers him a contract. Then Denver can just match that offer or get the additional pick.

The whole poison pill thing is overstated. Organizations talk, and I am pretty sure they have set an unwritten rule in regards to these "poison pills". The owners compete against each other, but when it comes down to it they are business partners.

Archer81
03-04-2010, 12:01 PM
Who cares what some jerkoff radio host thinks? Is he even a fan of the Broncos?

:Broncos:

underrated29
03-04-2010, 12:02 PM
stopped reading after that....

Then its safe to assume you dont watch football very much, Or keep an eye on upcomming prospects.

TDmvp
03-04-2010, 12:02 PM

Hush you ...

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/1166/dawk.jpg

Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

Paladin
03-04-2010, 12:04 PM
This message is hidden because jhns is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

Paladin
03-04-2010, 12:07 PM
i hope no one says anything bad about our team this year.

lol!!!

bowtown
03-04-2010, 12:08 PM
The whole poison pill thing is overstated. Organizations talk, and I am pretty sure they have set an unwritten rule in regards to these "poison pills". The owners compete against each other, but when it comes down to it they are business partners.

Exactly. Plus it's a really ballsy move to enter into that kind of warfare against another team. It's like using a nuclear weapon. You might get the first shot, but you better be sure that equal or increased retaliation is just around the corner.

Dagmar
03-04-2010, 12:10 PM

:~ohyah!:

Los Broncos
03-04-2010, 12:13 PM

Me too or I might cry ROFL!

bronco militia
03-04-2010, 12:23 PM

you're not a real Broncos fan

yerner
03-04-2010, 12:24 PM
It would be bizarre to trade a player like Marshall at the top of his game. And it really would take the offense back yet another step no matter how they will spin it. Look at the talent New Orleans offense fielded to win a Super Bowl the Broncos are a joke when compared to that.

broncocalijohn
03-04-2010, 12:24 PM
Just listening to Klis on the radio. He commented that at the combine, there was zero interest expressed in BM.

So it's very possible BM isn't going anywhere, but along with the other tendered players, will skip offseason activities and may hold out a couple of days into TC.

From what we saw of his act this last TC, it might be actually better for his image to hold out a few days! BM will soon find out if the FO tells him that they will be trying to trade him for equal value. Just letting him go for a first round pick and no one does it will tell him and his agent how he is felt around the league. If every team knew of what BM is worth on the field and he was in the draft this year, would he go Top 5? To me, he would be worth #1 knowing his talent isnt a bust and is top 5 receiver in the league. However, his personality would have him slip just like so many players in drafts after and before him. With that said, he wont get any better opps and $ except in Denver. He will be staying. If so, get him a workable contract and get two happy sides before TC starts.

gyldenlove
03-04-2010, 12:25 PM
This message is hidden because jhns is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

Could someone for the love of god please make it easier to put people on ignore?

TonyR
03-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Next year it will be Clady. Just wait.

Oh, no, not this moronic bullsheet again. Amateur hour on the Mane never ends...

gunns
03-04-2010, 12:36 PM
He also said no one IN THIS DRAFT at ANY position is as talented as Brandon

Stupid statement. You could say it about almost any player in the NFL because we haven't seen any of those players play in the NFL. While I hope Marshall stays and a lot of what this guy says is true, this statement almost voided his entire argument.

Requiem
03-04-2010, 12:40 PM
I don't think so. It will be tough for the Broncos to find a player who will be a perennial Pro-Bowler in the draft through replacement if he is moved.

Dagmar
03-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Could someone for the love of god please make it easier to put people on ignore?

If you have firefox you can install the vbulletin program which completely doesn't show any post or or post replying to those on your ignore list. It can make threads confusing though.

TDmvp
03-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Stupid statement. You could say it about almost any player in the NFL because we haven't seen any of those players play in the NFL. While I hope Marshall stays and a lot of what this guy says is true, this statement almost voided his entire argument.

Who in this draft would you rather have then ?

Cause I can't think of someone in this draft that brings as much to the table as Marshall does currently .

Being something in college means literally nothing once you are on the NFL stage.

I live in Cincinnati ... trust me , I know ....

cousinal11
03-04-2010, 12:48 PM
Cowherd is a clown.

Listened to him this past season and I strongly remember him being a huge advocate of locker room chemistry, many times citing the Patriots, Colts, and Steelers and how their good locker room translated into prolonged success on the field.

So these recent comments seem to contradict that philosophy.

Like I said, Cowherd is a clown.

pokenation
03-04-2010, 01:21 PM

Cause I can't think of someone in this draft that brings as much to the table as Marshall does currently .

Being something in college means literally nothing once you are on the NFL stage.

so, let me get this right. your saying that there really is no need to have a draft because there will never be anyone that plays college football that will be better than the superstars right now?

of course they dont bring as much as BM does currently....thats because they ARENT playing in the NFL currently. with ur statement there will never be another player (who comes from college) as good as BM.

sorry to tell you, but the current superstars in the NFL came from somewhere, and just like BM they will take a year or two to become the monster he is. you might not want to wait for them to develope, but needless to say there WILL be better players than BM that come from this years draft......and every draft after that. Do we know who they are???? nope, but u said that being someone in college means litterally nothing when it comes to the NFL. i disagree.....not all will be superstars, but some will be!

misturanderson
03-04-2010, 01:23 PM

Your whole premise is ridiculous. Every player in the league "brings more to the table" CURRENTLY than any college prospect because none of them have actually played in the NFL. Orton brings more to the table than Bradford CURRENTLY, but that doesn't mean that Bradford couldn't exceed Orton's impact once he gets playing time.

If any of the top QB, OL or DL (hell maybe even safety and LB) prospects meet their expectations in the pros, they will almost automatically have a bigger impact on their team than any WR.

Suh, McCoy, Bradford, Berry could all easily bring more to the table than Marshall (and most likely will if they don't have injury issues). Marshall is a great player, and he's exciting to watch, but WR is probably the most easily replaceable position on a team besides RB as far as production is concerned. He provides virtually no leadership to his teammates and does very little to make anyone, but the QB look better.

Marshall plays a luxury position. You can win a superbowl without a top 3 WR, but it would be nice to have that guy on your team IF you have all of the more important positions filled with good players first.

crush17
03-04-2010, 01:30 PM
Colin Cowherd is a creepy dude.

jhat01
03-04-2010, 01:38 PM
I hope we keep BM. We need the production on offense, but if they have to move him, the higher the pick the better..

gyldenlove
03-04-2010, 01:43 PM
If you have firefox you can install the vbulletin program which completely doesn't show any post or or post replying to those on your ignore list. It can make threads confusing though.

All I want is so you can add people to ignore by clicking their name like you could in the old days. This new crap of having to go into the user settings thing and editing the ignore list and memorizing the name of who you want to ignore is stupid.

jhns
03-04-2010, 01:45 PM
Suh, Bradford, Berry

I don't agree with the downplayed importance of skill position players but I would not mind trading Marshall if it ended with us getting one of these three.

Requiem
03-04-2010, 01:45 PM
http://archivos.metatube.com/uploads/gallery/pics/gallery_pic_1897_21160.jpg

Mediator12
03-04-2010, 01:46 PM
Seriously, a 3 page thread because a sports guy had an opinion.

Gotta love the mane ;D

Requiem
03-04-2010, 01:49 PM
I think my post was the best so far!

pokenation
03-04-2010, 01:49 PM

yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum!!!!!

DADDY like.

Requiem
03-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Hell yeah man. HELL YEAH. RAWR.

Archer81
03-04-2010, 02:05 PM

What? Vertical stripes makes someone look fat...OH...I see...clever.

TotallyScrewed
03-04-2010, 02:10 PM

Why do people keep claiming that GM's are afraid to give BM a big contract when the reality is they're afraid to give ANYBODY a big contract.

And zero interest, just means there IS interest and they're hoping to avoid a big time bidding war...again because of the pending lock out.

I've happily give up Brandon to secure Suh but that's it. Suh is a sure fire probowler, IMHO.

Archer81
03-04-2010, 02:11 PM
Why do people keep claiming that GM's are afraid to give BM a big contract when the reality is they're afraid to give ANYBODY a big contract.

And zero interest, just means there IS interest and they're hoping to avoid a big time bidding war...again because of the pending lock out.

I've happily give up Brandon to secure Suh but that's it. Suh is a sure fire probowler, IMHO.

Until the CBA is settled, its doubtful big contracts will be given out.

HILife
03-04-2010, 02:11 PM
Jeez Collin just totally $hit on us for the Marshall ordeal.

Talking about how stupid we are to get rid of a SUPERSTAR PLAYER because he is full of issues ...He said , hey it's the NFL everyone is full of issues.

He actually said Marshall is UNRECOVERABLE and maybe the best in the league and literally just spent 15 ripping us a new one.

He also said no one IN THIS DRAFT at ANY position is as talented as Brandon.

I agree... If we do this again and trade someone worth something that is almost impossible to get value for or that has the potential to be something for a pile of magic beans again I'm going to $hit.

Please don't tell me we are going to be the laughing stock of another whole off-season ...

I don't know, if they throw in some magic rice, it would make a delicous meal.

broncosteven
03-04-2010, 02:17 PM
He's probably right, but Colin Cowherd is an asshat and Sports Nation is a retarded show.

I can't name one ESPN radio show that I ever liked. I did find Kornheiser amusing everynow and then he wasn't as bad as the other blowholes.

Patricks show was only good for the hour he had Oberman on, the rest of it with Steak was lame.

Hogan11
03-04-2010, 02:19 PM
If we do this again and trade someone worth something that is almost impossible to get value for or that has the potential to be something for a pile of magic beans again I'm going to $hit.

Get your TP ready then.

DenverBrit
03-04-2010, 02:30 PM

With a potential lock out next season, teams are going to be very cautious about giving out large contracts with guarantees. Makes sense.

BM is only one incident away from a likely 8 game suspension which is another issue. It will be interesting to see if any team steps up with a fat contract for BM.
If they do, I'm sure Denver will be happy with a 1st round draft pick......or player of worth.

I doubt they match the offer.

NYBronco
03-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Colin did Brandon a hugh favor by talking up his talents and Denver a favor by not talking about his off field issues in detail. The offers should come rolling in.

The potential for no CBA has teams and players moving into unknown territory. It's going to be interesting.

Play2win
03-04-2010, 02:41 PM
I would rather have SUH at least 5x as much as Marshal. Once he has settled in, I think SUH is going to make a serious impact in every game he is in.

TonyR
03-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Marshall plays a luxury position. You can win a superbowl without a top 3 WR, but it would be nice to have that guy on your team IF you have all of the more important positions filled with good players first.

Well said.

Houshyamama
03-04-2010, 03:08 PM
I heard it too on my lunch break. I totally agree that Marshall is first round talent. I think he could be an unstoppable WR for the Broncos. I just don;t know how stable he is or how much he TRULY wants to play in Denver.

Honestly, I will begin to worry when it actually happens (BM gets traded). Until then, let's just wait and see.

First round talent? So many players taken in the first round end up busts... Brandon's talent shouldn't be compared relative to draft placement, but to other super-talented players already in the league... such as Fitz and Moss. First round talent? What does that even mean?

Beantown Bronco
03-04-2010, 03:10 PM
Brandon's talent shouldn't be compared relative to draft placement, but to other super-talented players already in the league... such as Fitz and Moss. First round talent? What does that even mean?

In that case, do you believe that he is two rounds more valuable than a guy like Boldin, who is being shopped for a 3rd rounder?

chaz
03-04-2010, 03:16 PM
Yep, and we'll find out if he's right very soon, because based on what he said, we should have a major bidding war on our hands in a couple of days.

No, based on what he said we'll be a better team next year with Marshall than without him. That's completely different than people willing to lineup the year before a potential strike looking to give him huge guaranteed money.

Houshyamama
03-04-2010, 03:19 PM
In that case, do you believe that he is two rounds more valuable than a guy like Boldin, who is being shopped for a 3rd rounder?

I guess I see what you mean, I just think that letting a talent like Brandon go for the possibility of drafting talent in the first round is un-wise. I say we deal with Brandon's "issues" and keep him here in Denver.

elsid13
03-04-2010, 03:42 PM

The answer to that question is "yes". Boldin is great player, but he is older and last 3 season has been unable to stay healthy.

Hamrob
03-04-2010, 03:54 PM
Is Dan Williams, Iupati or McClain worth Brandon Marshall? Evidently our front office thinks so. That's why they only placed a 1st round tender on him and not a 1st and a 3rd.

bombay
03-04-2010, 04:03 PM
Colin Cowpie was rattling on about Cutler one day, and his struggles in Chicago. Then he said that Cutler 'was great in Denver'. I had to email him to question what constitutes 'great' to him.

17-20? I question his standards.

SouthStndJunkie
03-04-2010, 04:06 PM
I'm all for keeping Brandon Marshall, if possible.

How many WRs out of this draft will have 3 consecutive 100+ catch seasons before the age of 26?

Probably none.

Dude can be a pain in the ass, but it's worth putting up with the occasional tantrum for his overall production.

I am a draftnik to the extreme....but I also don't like trading a proven elite level commodity in exchange for a draft pick that in all likelihood will not produce a player equal to B-Marsh and his production.

If Brandon Marshall plays 10 years with the Broncos, he will own every single franchise record at the WR position.

*WARHORSE*
03-04-2010, 04:12 PM

Thats because he wasnt tendered yet.

bombay
03-04-2010, 04:17 PM
I'd love to keep Brandon, but fear for his safety and believe the right thing would be to let him go to another city.

NYBronco
03-04-2010, 04:20 PM
I'd love to keep Brandon, but fear for his safety and believe the right thing would be to let him go to another city.

That's an interesting point that never crossed my mind. With the current murder trial going on and Marshal's testimony getting him out of town may save his life.

DenverBrit
03-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Thats because he wasnt tendered yet.

It's going to be interesting to see which team(s) step up and offer Brandon a big enough contract for him to accept and the Broncos to 'pass'.

jhns
03-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Here is what ESPN insider says:

Jets still could make move for Marshall

There's been a lot of speculation over the past few months as to where Brandon Marshall will wind up in 2010, with some of the candidates found at right. As far as a trade price tag, the ceiling for this will be a first round draft pick, as NFL Insider Adam Schefter tweeted that this is the level at which he was tendered by the Broncos. Marshall could go for even less, depending on a trade that another team works out with Denver.

One destination that will be mentioned for any receiver this offseason is Baltimore. The team is still bankrupt at the position even with Donte' Stallworth in town, and in order for Joe Flacco to properly develop, he needs to have a stronger cast of pass-catchers. But will Marshall's character give the team second thoughts? Not according to what owner Steve Bisciotti told Aaron Wilson of National Football Post.

Given the lowered price tag, the Jets have re-emerged as a possibility in the buzz we've heard on Thursday. There's still a need for a legit No. 1 WR, and Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum is not opposed to pulling off big deals.

AFC West blogger Bill Williamson provides a breakdown of several possible trade partners, and includes the Bucs, who do need to overhaul Josh Freeman's receiving corps. Still, it appears as though Seattle might be the most logical destination:

"This may be the front runner to land the receiver. The Seahawks have players to trade and Marshall would like to reunite with former Denver assistant coach Jeremy Bates, who is now Seattle's offensive coordinator." - Bill Willimason

Off to the side it has:

Destinations for Brandon

- The first speculation was that Marshall would be headed to the Seahawks or the Redskins, via two of our NFL Nation bloggers.

- Cincinnati has the need for a second WR to go along with Chad Ochocinco, but we're not sure the Bengals would want another head case, T.O. rumors notwithstanding.

- The Cowboys need a legitimate No. 1 WR and Jerry Jones would have no problem forking out cash for a new deal to Marshall.

- Dave Krieger of the Denver Post speculated on some new spots: the Ravens, Dolphins and Cardinals.

It also links to this where it says "Not according to what owner Steve Bisciotti told Aaron Wilson of National Football Post.": http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Wilson-Ravens-willing-to-take-risks.html

enjolras
03-04-2010, 04:46 PM
Did we already forget about how this flavor clown douche skipped the last game of the season?

Jesus... anything we get in return for this lunatic is fine by me. Addition by subtraction in this case.

jhns
03-04-2010, 04:49 PM
Did we already forget about how this flavor clown douche skipped the last game of the season?

Jesus... anything we get in return for this lunatic is fine by me. Addition by subtraction in this case.

Ummmm..... Skipped?

Flex Gunmetal
03-04-2010, 04:54 PM

Although we are brothers in relation to our ferver for kneckbeard, I believe you are incorrect.

BroncoMan4ever
03-04-2010, 04:55 PM
Marshall is a really good receiver but he isn't a superstar. he really is just a really good possession receiver. lacks big time speed, has a tendency to occasionally lose focus in games

The MVPlaya
03-04-2010, 05:04 PM
What was the last Super Bowl winning team to have a headache/Brandon Marshall esque (in terms of problems, etc) player on their roster?

Archer81
03-04-2010, 05:05 PM
What was the last Super Bowl winning team to have a headache/Brandon Marshall esque (in terms of problems, etc) player on their roster?

The Giants. Burress had issues in Pittsburgh but he capped it off by shooting himself in the leg.

Drek
03-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Colin Cowpie was rattling on about Cutler one day, and his struggles in Chicago. Then he said that Cutler 'was great in Denver'. I had to email him to question what constitutes 'great' to him.

17-20? I question his standards.

He had basically this same kind of rant when we first traded Cutler too, about how McDaniels was destroying the franchise.

Turns out our QB we got in return outplayed Cutler and we picked up two firsts and a 3rd for only throwing in a 5th.

Cowherd is almost never right. He just talks really loud into a microphone so enough people buy into it and forget how wrong he was in his takes last week, the week before, the month before that, etc..

In short, He's a perfect employee for ESPN.

The MVPlaya
03-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Is Dan Williams, Iupati or McClain worth Brandon Marshall? Evidently our front office thinks so. That's why they only placed a 1st round tender on him and not a 1st and a 3rd.

Oh, so you talked to our staff and that's who they're interested in? That's good to know.

Jesterhole
03-04-2010, 06:49 PM

If we are serious about making any kind of run in the next couple of years, we have to keep him. He is one of the most talented players in the NFL.

But if we are rebuilding, let him go. McDaniels doesn't think we're rebuilding, even though we have no good prospect at QB long term and have to restore the interior of the offensive line, as well as the entire defensive line.

If we offer any long term deal, it will have to have some form of protection for us in case he screws up again.

eddie mac
03-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Regardless of Brandon's talent it seems like GM's out there dont value him nearly as high as teams fans do.

I dont see anyone coming up with a 1st rd pick and $40m for this guy. Not until he proves he can perform as well off the field as he can on it and be more team orientated than in this just for personal gain.

I see reports already flooding the media waves that teams who were supposedly interested in him are now shying away.

I'll call it now and say whether he plays or not, sulks or gurns he'll be on the Broncos roster this season.

Premier-Ace55
03-04-2010, 07:18 PM
Colin Cowheard aint sh@# that being said i hope we sign marshall

BroncosSR
03-04-2010, 07:39 PM
Why the heck didn't we tender him with a 1/3? Just stupidity...

sixtimeseight
03-04-2010, 08:39 PM

Yes, clearly you know more about running a football team than the Denver Broncos organization. ****ing moron.

Rabb
03-04-2010, 08:47 PM

ever sell something you know is worth a lot on ebay?

I will give you a hint, you don't start the bidding at what you want