PDA

View Full Version : Which of the Broncos tendered RFAs will be back in 2010?

montrose
03-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Check all that will be back with the team.

Archer81
03-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Until otherwise, I am going to go with all of them.

:Broncos:

Tombstone RJ
03-03-2010, 06:43 PM
Hard for other teams not to give up a first for Bmarsh, esp. a team with a need for a big WR.

montrose
03-03-2010, 06:47 PM
I just don't think there'll be a market, at all, for the RFAs. I think the UFAs will be signed up quickly, probably by early next week, and you wont see teams wanting to give up valuable draft choices with the CBA uncertainity. I figured Tony would be gone but I'm just no so sure with this marketplace. My guess is you'll see most teams cheaping it out with only a few buyers. Just my guess.

oubronco
03-03-2010, 06:49 PM
I don't believe there will be very much interest in too many RFA's this year

Br0nc0Buster
03-03-2010, 06:52 PM
I say all will be back

Florida_Bronco
03-03-2010, 07:30 PM
All but Scheffler IMO.

broncosteven
03-03-2010, 07:49 PM
I just don't think there'll be a market, at all, for the RFAs. I think the UFAs will be signed up quickly, probably by early next week, and you wont see teams wanting to give up valuable draft choices with the CBA uncertainity. I figured Tony would be gone but I'm just no so sure with this marketplace. My guess is you'll see most teams cheaping it out with only a few buyers. Just my guess.

I don't see anyone parting with a 2nd for Sheff.

I like his talent and we don't need a Gates or TG in mCd's system unless he tweaks it.

strafen
03-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Hard for other teams not to give up a first for Bmarsh, esp. a team with a need for a big WR.Yeah, they're not making it any harder for anyone to grab him relatively cheap.

strafen
03-03-2010, 08:19 PM
OLB/DE Elvis Dumervil - 1st and 3rd round tender (too much to give up. He stays)
QB Kyle Orton - 1st round tender (nobody in the right mind would ever give up a 1st rd for Orton. He stays)
WR Brandon Marshall - 1st round tender (It will be hard for a team not to give up a 1st rd pick for a quality receiver. He may be gone)
G Chris Kuper - 1st round tender (He stays)
TE Tony Scheffler - 2nd round tender (He may be gone, highly unlikely, but possible)

orange crusher
03-03-2010, 09:30 PM
OLB/DE Elvis Dumervil - 1st and 3rd round tender (too much to give up. He stays)
QB Kyle Orton - 1st round tender (nobody in the right mind would ever give up a 1st rd for Orton. He stays)
WR Brandon Marshall - 1st round tender (It will be hard for a team not to give up a 1st rd pick for a quality receiver. He may be gone)
TE Tony Scheffler - 2nd round tender (He may be gone, highly unlikely, but possible)

I don't think anyone gives up a 2nd for Scheffler, but I do think he will be traded for less. Otherwise, I agree.

strafen
03-03-2010, 09:57 PM
I don't think anyone gives up a 2nd for Scheffler, but I do think he will be traded for less. Otherwise, I agree.

Yup, I think he'll be gone one way or another

montrose
03-03-2010, 10:17 PM
It's all about the CBA. I keep hearing that it would be hard for a team to not give up a 1st for BMarsh, I disagree. Considering the CBA status, I think it would be very hard for any team to give up a 1st round pick for any player considering they also have to present an offer sheet to him lucrative enough to sign.

24champ
03-03-2010, 10:25 PM
I believe the Ravens will trade their first round pick for Marshall...so bye bye Marshall.

Scheffler will be gone, his antics in the locker room is enough to send him packing.

BroncoMan4ever
03-04-2010, 12:34 AM

Scheff will be traded. he won't get us a 2nd rounder, but he is good as gone.

Taco John
03-04-2010, 12:37 AM
A single first rounder for Brandon Marshall is a no brainer if I'm an opposing team. Brandon Marshall is no more a gamble than any given first round pick is.

montrose
03-04-2010, 06:29 AM
A single first rounder for Brandon Marshall is a no brainer if I'm an opposing team. Brandon Marshall is no more a gamble than any given first round pick is.

A single first rounder plus a mega contract is a bit of a gamble.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-04-2010, 06:33 AM
A single first rounder plus a mega contract is a bit of a gamble.

This. Everyone forgets about the uncertainty with the CBA... Teams aren't going to sign guys to long-term deals this off season; I just don't think it's going to happen. That's what Marshall wants.

It's incredibly risky to trade a first round pick for a guy you may not be able to (or want to) lock up long-term, especially a guy with Marshall's personality baggage with the uncertainty about 2011 even taking place.

And then, of course, you've got to consider that the world's gonna end in 2012, so... you know... put that in the background too. :giggle:

Broncomutt
03-04-2010, 06:41 AM
How could you possibly bring back a guy who said he couldn't wait for the season to be over?

:nono:

chrisp
03-04-2010, 06:45 AM
Don't forget that the Broncos tendered Sheff with a second-round tender when they could have given him a same pick tender and got themselves exactly the same level of protection for less money. That's a goodwill gesture that suggests they actually want to keep him (unless they just screwed up? God forbid.....).

Despite what people say about McD getting rid of the shanny guys to bring in 'his' guys, its actually beginning to look like he wants to keep guys like Sheff Hillis etc and blames himself as much as anyone for not getting them more involved in the offense last year.

I may get mocked for this but I firmly believe he did want to work things out with Cutler and see what he could do with him - it was Bowlen who pulled the trigger on the trade after all. He's publicly stated that he feels he should have got Eddie Royal more involved and he's said positive things about Hillis as well. I may be wrong but it would be good to see that offensive talent group kept together so it can come together in the new system - we really could start to see good things next year if we can get a bit of stability and consistency.

Rabb
03-04-2010, 06:50 AM
the only reason I think someone will happily pay Marshall is, 2011 season or not...this is a win now league and some of these people have a lot at stake

someone will pull the trigger on Marshall, I have zero doubt...a team like Baltimore that is literally a player or two away from winning it all will do it

Man-Goblin
03-04-2010, 08:00 AM
Less people think Marshall will be back than Scheffler...I find that interesting.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-04-2010, 08:15 AM
Until otherwise, I am going to go with all of them.

:Broncos:

Not to make this a political argument (but i guess i am) youve got to be joking with your avatar. How do you think the bush tax cuts were passed, TWICE?

Man-Goblin
03-04-2010, 08:26 AM

I was surprised that he didn't get the 1st and 3rd round tender, but it looks like they are okay with losing him. If it happens, my hope is it's a team like Seattle and not a team at the end of the 1st round, like Baltimore.

It's also notable that Jared Allen was traded for a 1st and a 3rd round pick. Dumervil's draft pick compensation is right on par with the already established market value for elite pash rushers.

strafen
03-04-2010, 08:26 AM
Less people think Marshall will be back than Scheffler...I find that interesting.Despite getting a 2nd round tender, my own perception is that Scheffler may not want to be here.

McDaniels as chrisp stated, is looking forward to do things differently as far as getting the players that didn't see significant action last year, more involved in the offense this year.
Whether it was Scheffler or Graham, TE's weren't as involved last year as we're used to seeing around here

As for Marshall, let's see what the Broncos have in their bag of tricks.
At this point it looks like a no-brainer Marshall will be gone, but will he?

chrisp
03-05-2010, 05:25 AM
Despite getting a 2nd round tender, my own perception is that Scheffler may not want to be here.

You may be right about Sheffler - there's clearly been something going on all season long, but its been overshadowed by the Marshall situation.

Thing is, its perfectly possible that he wants out but he has less leverage, and the 2nd-round tender makes it much less likely IMHO that he will get an opportunity to leave now regardless of what he wants. He's been reasonably productive as a receiving TE, but for whatever reason he hasn't posted the type of season numbers that would encorage teams to think he's worth a 2nd.

Marshall on the other hand, well, you would think that only putting the 1st round tender on him is effectively a 'come and get him' type ploy, as the risks with him are arguably less than any first round pick, however you never know. Teams not called Chicago don't give up first round picks too easily.....

Drek
03-05-2010, 05:46 AM
Don't forget that the Broncos tendered Sheff with a second-round tender when they could have given him a same pick tender and got themselves exactly the same level of protection for less money. That's a goodwill gesture that suggests they actually want to keep him (unless they just screwed up? God forbid.....).

Despite what people say about McD getting rid of the shanny guys to bring in 'his' guys, its actually beginning to look like he wants to keep guys like Sheff Hillis etc and blames himself as much as anyone for not getting them more involved in the offense last year.

I may get mocked for this but I firmly believe he did want to work things out with Cutler and see what he could do with him - it was Bowlen who pulled the trigger on the trade after all. He's publicly stated that he feels he should have got Eddie Royal more involved and he's said positive things about Hillis as well. I may be wrong but it would be good to see that offensive talent group kept together so it can come together in the new system - we really could start to see good things next year if we can get a bit of stability and consistency.

There have been conflicting reports on the bold part, FYI.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-05-2010, 06:19 AM
There have been conflicting reports on the bold part, FYI.

Yeah, has there been a "final answer" on that?

ColoradoBuff
03-05-2010, 07:56 AM
all but Scheffler!