PDA

View Full Version : Broncos G.M. stresses they want to keep RFAs

The MVPlaya
03-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Broncos G.M. stresses they want to keep RFAs

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 3, 2010 5:07 PM ET

Perhaps trying to defuse the perception that some of his restricted free agents are for sale, Broncos G.M. Brian Xanders sent out some warm and fuzzies Wednesday.

"Tendering these restricted free agents was a step we took to solidify our roster during these uncertain times with a group of players who are valued a great deal by the Broncos," Xanders said.

Here's the money line: "These are all high-quality football players, and we look forward to their contributions during the 2010 season and beyond."

Xanders basically has to say that. Restricted tenders can only be offered with a good-faith intent of employing the player the following season.

In Brandon Marshall's case, we buy it. Denver would take him back if a good deal can't be worked out.

We're not so sure about Tony Scheffler. And it probably doesn't matter because he should be an attractive asset on the trade market.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/03/broncos-gm-stresses-they-want-to-keep-rfas/

TheDave
03-03-2010, 03:19 PM
Questions: How do you know an NFL GM is lying before FA & the Draft

Answer: If they're quoted... they're lying.

Cito Pelon
03-03-2010, 06:39 PM
I'm wondering if Tony is gonna get much interest.

The MVPlaya
03-03-2010, 06:45 PM
I'm wondering if Tony is gonna get much interest.

Redskins

8')

TonyR
03-03-2010, 06:59 PM
Funny since the tender to Marshall says exactly the opposite. The first and third tender says "this guy isn't going anywhere unless you really want to over pay", the first tender says "this guy is a very good player and he's yours for your first round pick, unless your offer is easily matched and we don't like the position of your first round pick".

montrose
03-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Glad to hear Xanders commenting, per my post the other day - I think it would be good if he, Bowlen and Ellis were a bit more visible to the media taking a bit of the spotlight off McD and spreading the wealth.

Broncoman13
03-03-2010, 07:28 PM
Based on Tony Scheffler's body of work he is a valued NFL Commodity at the TE position. He is similar to size of a Jermain Grisham but faster than any of the TEs that are his size. Scheffler has injury concerns but you could easily argue that the top two TEs in this year's draft have injury concerns as well. For a team that lacks a receiving threat at the TE position, Scheffler is a very attractive option. I'd say teams like the Chiefs, Dolphins, Panthers, Seahawks, and Bengals would be very interested in a Tony Scheffler. I'd guess they would offer a 3rd to see if we would bite, but a 2nd isn't out of the question by any means. Proven NFL TE with good size that runs in the high 4.5s, you bet teams will call!

2KBack
03-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Redskins

8')

Chris Cooley is a pro-bowler and Fred Davis was way better than Scheffler last season.