PDA

View Full Version : Bad Company 2

Doggcow
03-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Don't expect MW2, it plays way different.

The team combat is really well done, and it's more realistic, sniping is way harder than MW2.

The learning curve is quite a bit bigger all around

Doggcow
03-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Also the massive difference between weapons means you're going to get your ass pretty much handled if you don't start leveling soon.

ghwk
03-02-2010, 03:11 PM
Looks like a lot of fun to me!

The MVPlaya
03-02-2010, 03:12 PM
Is there anywhere I can see the online maps? How does this game compare to MW2 (online)?

Los Broncos
03-02-2010, 03:19 PM
I played the demo, it's tough to play after playing COD.

The MVPlaya
03-02-2010, 03:20 PM

why?

yerner
03-02-2010, 03:27 PM
I thought the last game sucked. I thought the demo sucked too. It has been getting good reviews though.

Los Broncos
03-02-2010, 03:29 PM
why?

I only played the demo for little bit, it was just hard for me to get used to the controls.

But just like any game you need to play it for a while.

Doggcow
03-02-2010, 03:30 PM

Exactly, it's not as arcadey. don't know if I like it as much.

Maps are way bigger plus vehicles too.

Irish Stout
03-02-2010, 03:42 PM
I thought the last game sucked. I thought the demo sucked too. It has been getting good reviews though.

I agree with this. I played the last game about halfway through and mailed it back to gamefly.

I enjoyed COD MW 1&2, but not this. Don't know why.

Do we have a video game thread? I'm curious to hear from people who've played MAG.

Doggcow
03-02-2010, 03:50 PM
I agree with this. I played the last game about halfway through and mailed it back to gamefly.

Do we have a video game thread? I'm curious to hear from people who've played MAG.

Like I said, way steeper learning curve...

AKA: This is harder to get good at. MW2 you can just rambo around nading and get a bunch of kills

yerner
03-02-2010, 04:34 PM
I def. would like to play the final version. Just get tired of paying so much for video games. Why do they have to be so ****ing expensive?

want2bAbronco2
03-02-2010, 04:46 PM

Mag isnt bad. I havent had any lag issues with it. Its really hard to compete with people that are 20 lvls higher and have all the good items. If you are use to playing FPS on the 360 you might not like it, the controls just dont feel as "tight". Overall not a bad game, i would rent it first though.

maher_tyler
03-02-2010, 07:13 PM

I have MAG...haven't played CoD MW2 since getting it!! Way bigger maps and WAY more people can play at once..up to 256!! In MAG you can't knife someone and they die..you gotta do 2-3-4 times! Where as in CoD you knife a guy once and there dead..thats not realistic. MAG >>> CoD!! IMO!!

It takes some getting used to but give it a bit!!

And its online only!!

Flex Gunmetal
03-02-2010, 08:34 PM
Coming from bf 1942, 2142, 2 and bc1 I find it strange that bf titles and cod would be compared. Should be wayyyyy different. Haven't played bc2 yet

Doggcow
03-02-2010, 10:01 PM
I have MAG...haven't played CoD MW2 since getting it!! Way bigger maps and WAY more people can play at once..up to 256!! In MAG you can't knife someone and they die..you gotta do 2-3-4 times! Where as in CoD you knife a guy once and there dead..thats not realistic. MAG >>> CoD!! IMO!!

And its online only!!

Mag is better than COD because of exclamation points is what I got from that.

TD30
03-03-2010, 09:37 AM
Mag is ok, a lot of hype behind the co op so i go and get the game and a bluetooth and no one talks. Then you get in a game with dip sh%&S that try to boot you when you are leading the team in kills and are still going after the objective. With that said there have been some fun games on mag, the graphics are better than I thought they would be. I definately enjoy the xbox live experience more. uncharted 2 and infamous are off the hook, cod still ownes I will take dropping nukes any day. I will def pick up bc2 on the xbox.

Rabb
03-03-2010, 09:59 AM
MAG is outstanding, as long as you know what you are getting into. If you are the type of player that likes to run off rogue and kill people...it's not for you.

If you are the type that has a working headset, likes to work as a part of a team and can handle not worrying about your k/d ratio then it may be for you.

The real fun with MAG for me is being Squad Leader, it's like another game when you get to that point.

I actually did a write-up on the game, not a review really but it may help...

http://www.platformnation.com/2010/01/31/mag-mature-action-game/

Irish Stout
03-03-2010, 10:27 AM
Nice write up McRabb. Thanks!

It actually sounds more up my alley than Moder Warfare, for the online gaming.

TD30
03-03-2010, 10:45 AM
Nice write up. I agree with the premise but find that a good 75% games are not played that way. I have a good headset and still not a lot of chatter. I have only played for about 4 hours and I hear it gets better. It's a fun game but I will admit it's tough for me to take orders from someone with 3 kills and 15 deaths (people that get made fun of in COD). It's a bit crazy some of these people get to talking smack to there team about following the objective and you look at there numbers and they have done nothing (how are you protecting A or B with no kills?). Sniping is way to easy in MAG shoot at the torso and squeeze off a second round quick the recoil will kill em everytime. Also they need to change it so your canm have multiple files I get tired of playing the same levels, one of the same gripes I have about COD. It's been a fun change of pace I got sick of the care package glitch and all of the boosters in COD. Anyway you are right the idea is great and may change gaming, heres to finding a decent clan!!!!Go Raven!!!!

Rabb
03-03-2010, 11:02 AM
thanks

my PSN ID is omgitsrabb if anyone wants to play BFBC2 or MAG (I am Valor)

Doggcow
03-03-2010, 08:08 PM
As far as I can tell BFBC2 is an exceptional product. Strange considering it's from EA.

The combat is awesome, I particularly like Hardcore, because nothing is more frustrating than sniping someone 1 or 2 times on the normal mode just to watch them run off and get a "critical assist." However, that's easily solved by just playing on hardcore, essentially 1 shot kills.

It's tough to begin with, especially since everyone is outleveling me, but I can still do work, particularly on hardcore when everyone essentially just 1 shots everyone else. Co-operation is HUGE which is nice. All the gadgets are really cool, and the destructibility of the environments is awesome.

I had rented the game, I just loaded up ebay and bought it for $49 on 360.

I've only been playing the conquest, but it looks like they will be implementing lots of new maps and stuff in the coming months.

Lag has yet to be an issue at all from what I've seen. It seems exceptionally fluid and the game plays great once you get over the curve.

With that said:

This is not an easy game, you will get picked off quite a bit by snipers etc if you aren't careful and get mad about it, but you will also do the picking off from range too.

THIS GAME IS NOT CALL OF DUTY, IT IS NOT A RAMBO AND CHEESE FOR 40 KILLS A GAME

ant1999e
03-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Don't expect MW2, it plays way different.

The team combat is really well done, and it's more realistic, sniping is way harder than MW2.

The learning curve is quite a bit bigger all around

Ok?

Doggcow
03-03-2010, 08:19 PM
Ok?

MW2 sniping is cake. You just throw on thermal, point, shoot. In BC2 you have to choose your shots carefully, and compensate for gravity and travel time. Strange concept I know!

Jesterhole
03-03-2010, 08:32 PM
MW2 wasn't very good level design. There were elements in the original Modern Warfare that made the game so damned good. Most of those elements included slow, pacing sections where you weren't running full speed shooting everyone in the face like a mad man.

Unfortunately, Infinity Ward instead decided to remove most of these in the sequel and just make the entire game full throttle, with almost no pause. The game went beyond hard into unfair in some sections...if I die, I should know why and feel that I can do better as a player to prevent that death next time. Too many times in MW2 you'll die simply because the game decides to spawn multiple guys above and behind you.

I haven't played Bad Company 2 yet, but the first game was fun because the destructible environments forced you to change your tactics and keep moving as the walls and buildings crumbled around you. It also had a sense of humor, and sounds like this one does as well.

Aftermath
03-04-2010, 01:25 AM
I'm a god at all the call of dutys (do lots of clan matches, for past 3 yrs) but they keep making the game worse and worse... they made it a huge campfest with all the killstreaks. Imo they should have never made killstreaks and made it so you don't rank up unless your team wins the match. But I rented bc 2 today and its a great game, although I don't find rush very fun. Conquest is awesome though!

Boobs McGee
11-16-2010, 09:12 PM
thread resurrection:

SO, just played through the campaign...the set pieces are absolutely INCREDIBLE. Can't believe I hadn't tried this game before now.

The graphics are astonishing...destructible environments really make the course of action vary greatly. I know this campaign's on rails, but you have enough wiggle room to make it extremely fun.

The controls feel pretty natural, after about two levels. LOVE the way the guns perform, and sound, very realistically. The banter between you and your squad had me laughing out loud on a few occasions, and I can honestly say this is one of the funner single player "war" genre games I've gone through.

Just booted up a few matches of online play, and everyone is correct. DEFINITELY a steep learning curve. I tried jumping into a conquest match, but was getting lit up, so switched to a squad based death match. I really am quite enamored with the engine's ability to create such lush scenery throughout the entirety of every map so far.

I think I've found my new favorite game for now (it's been about 8 or so hours of total gameplay), the teamwork aspect of it all is exactly what I've been looking for in an online shooter.

Exquisitely designed graphics, weapon functionality, fun factor and teamwork have me hooked.

Anybody else still playing this? Orangeandblueblooded I friended you, but I need some practice (and weapons) so I don't fubar whosever squad I'm on with those tickets.

OABB
11-16-2010, 10:26 PM
thread resurrection:

SO, just played through the campaign...the set pieces are absolutely INCREDIBLE. Can't believe I hadn't tried this game before now.

The graphics are astonishing...destructible environments really make the course of action vary greatly. I know this campaign's on rails, but you have enough wiggle room to make it extremely fun.

The controls feel pretty natural, after about two levels. LOVE the way the guns perform, and sound, very realistically. The banter between you and your squad had me laughing out loud on a few occasions, and I can honestly say this is one of the funner single player "war" genre games I've gone through.

Just booted up a few matches of online play, and everyone is correct. DEFINITELY a steep learning curve. I tried jumping into a conquest match, but was getting lit up, so switched to a squad based death match. I really am quite enamored with the engine's ability to create such lush scenery throughout the entirety of every map so far.

I think I've found my new favorite game for now (it's been about 8 or so hours of total gameplay), the teamwork aspect of it all is exactly what I've been looking for in an online shooter.

Exquisitely designed graphics, weapon functionality, fun factor and teamwork have me hooked.

Anybody else still playing this? Orangeandblueblooded I friended you, but I need some practice (and weapons) so I don't fubar whosever squad I'm on with those tickets.

Oh he'll yeah. Can't wait to play. I've been busy at work but will get to it soon I hope. Don't worry about levling up: I'm at 22 on my other acount and still suck. Do you have a blue tooth?

Boobs McGee
11-17-2010, 05:00 AM
Fo sho. I'm actually heading out to cali on Friday for a week, so I probly won't be on too much till I get back, but when I do, its on like kong

Boobs McGee
12-15-2010, 10:44 AM
Jake you HAVE to spend 15 bucks and get the VIP maps....they're ****in dope

OABB
12-15-2010, 11:02 AM
Jake you HAVE to spend 15 bucks and get the VIP maps....they're ****in dope

I might have them.... Which ones are they? I have two accounts remember. Fullmoonjacket is my other name. By the way is it Cory or Corey?

jhns
12-15-2010, 11:12 AM
I didn't know they came with new maps for this. I didn't play for a while and just came back to it a couple days ago. I figured I should remember how to play before vietnam comes out on Friday. The new maps were a nice surprise. They make me want to play it a lot more again.

OABB
12-15-2010, 11:17 AM
I didn't know they came with new maps for this. I didn't play for a while and just came back to it a couple days ago. I figured I should remember how to play before vietnam comes out on Friday. The new maps were a nice surprise. They make me want to play it a lot more again.

What's your username so I can repeatedly knife you?

jhns
12-15-2010, 11:34 AM
What's your username so I can repeatedly knife you?

John84 on PC. Knifing me would not be a challenge.

OABB
12-15-2010, 12:11 PM
John84 on PC. Knifing me would not be a challenge.

I only have ps3... ****. I was so looking forward to a Teqbagging.... I think it would be good therapy for alot of us here.

Chris
12-15-2010, 12:14 PM
I will buy a new PC just to take you on jhns.

signed,

former cs, dod and everything else addict.

Boobs McGee
12-15-2010, 12:21 PM
I only have ps3... ****. I was so looking forward to a Teqbagging.... I think it would be good therapy for alot of us here.

This times infinity. I would probably stand over your pixelated rotting corpse emptying whatever munitions I had available until they were empty. You ****.

And its cory, no e! Ummm, the other maps are like a two different rush maps in the snow (one at night, VERY cool ), and three other rush maps, one of which takes place in the valley below the dam. There's also 4 different conquest maps as well! Check and see if they're on your other account and lemme know...WELL worth the money if you don't have them yet

jhns
12-15-2010, 12:23 PM

signed,

I used to play way too much cs. Dod was pretty good but all games came second to cs. I still haven't found a game that I could play even a small fraction of the hours I put in on cs. I don't know if it was just that good or if I just don't like playing games as much as I get older.

jhns
12-15-2010, 12:34 PM
This times infinity. I would probably stand over your pixelated rotting corpse emptying whatever munitions I had available until they were empty. You ****.

And its cory, no e! Ummm, the other maps are like a two different rush maps in the snow (one at night, VERY cool ), and three other rush maps, one of which takes place in the valley below the dam. There's also 4 different conquest maps as well! Check and see if they're on your other account and lemme know...WELL worth the money if you don't have them yet

LOL

Do they have even more maps for consoles or do they just hate you guys? The new maps on PC were free and I don't think they have a map pack you can buy.

Chris
12-15-2010, 12:35 PM
Probably both. Certainly both for me... and I work in the game industry. CS had the perfect balance... wasn't overwhelming at first but you could get obscenely good if you wanted to. It was a sport more than anything.

I actually played a ****load of TFC... never been better at a game (technically a mod). These days I play console and I tend to do less shooting... I dig the Assassin's Creed series.

Boobs McGee
01-09-2011, 01:06 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bNMsqTdzyuI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bNMsqTdzyuI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Boobs McGee
01-09-2011, 01:07 PM
tthere ya go Jake, that was the match I was talkin about from the other day!

OABB
01-09-2011, 01:08 PM
tthere ya go Jake, that was the match I was talkin about from the other day!

Time to die!

Boobs McGee
01-09-2011, 02:04 PM
Hahaha ps where'be you been? Mark and I have been listening to martins little annoying ass by ourselves :(

OABB
01-09-2011, 02:28 PM
Hahaha ps where'be you been? Mark and I have been listening to martins little annoying ass by ourselves :(

We had to actually work on Friday, and the misses hasn't been to work in a while. I'm having mad withdrawls lately. I dreamt about it all Night the other night.

I can't wait for the old ball and chain to go to work so I can get some blood.

Boobs McGee
01-09-2011, 03:00 PM
what is this work you speak of? I thought all you did was just play with cats and make unicorn pictures in between tracer darting tanks?

tell the ol' bag to get a move on!!!! WE NEED THE BANE OF ALL NERDS BACK!

WABronco
01-09-2011, 06:31 PM

signed,

dod lol

Been playin' Vietnam it's a hoot. Well worth 15 bucks. Plus it incites additional racism in vent.

Boobs McGee
06-05-2011, 07:50 PM
here's the latest best game I've had...trying to platinum out a bunch of different weapons (getting to level 50 is a BIOTCH), so I was using the 870 combat with slugs...

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mb64U17Ddto" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pardon the counting.

One of my best rounds ever, still absolutely LOVE this game. Can't wait for the third installment! Wish ps3 would come out with a recording system ala the 360 though

ZONA
06-05-2011, 10:52 PM

And its online only!!

Not realistic? You've seen too many movies dude. They're not stabbing you with a 2 inch pocket knife dude. It's at least an 8" combat knife which is meant to do serious damage with one stick. Don't know about you but if somebody stuck an 8 inch knife in my gut or back, I'm pretty much going down. I may not die right away but I seriously doubt anybody in real life is going to run around shooting people after they have a deep gash with blood flowing out of your body like a river (not to mention it could have done nerve damage or organ damage in addition to artery and veins). I work in an ER in downtown Phoenix and I see alot of gang truama's with gunshots and knife wounds and they're not pretty. Several times gang bangers have pulled up in cars right outside the front ER doors and they pull their buddy out of a car and then they take off. Meanwhile the guy with a stab wound laying on the ground can't even pick himself up to get in a wheel chair. They basically run out their with a flat board and throw him on it and rush him into the trauma room. Stop think real life wounds are anything like you see in the movies.

gyldenlove
06-06-2011, 09:04 AM
Not realistic? You've seen too many movies dude. They're not stabbing you with a 2 inch pocket knife dude. It's at least an 8" combat knife which is meant to do serious damage with one stick. Don't know about you but if somebody stuck an 8 inch knife in my gut or back, I'm pretty much going down. I may not die right away but I seriously doubt anybody in real life is going to run around shooting people after they have a deep gash with blood flowing out of your body like a river (not to mention it could have done nerve damage or organ damage in addition to artery and veins). I work in an ER in downtown Phoenix and I see alot of gang truama's with gunshots and knife wounds and they're not pretty. Several times gang bangers have pulled up in cars right outside the front ER doors and they pull their buddy out of a car and then they take off. Meanwhile the guy with a stab wound laying on the ground can't even pick himself up to get in a wheel chair. They basically run out their with a flat board and throw him on it and rush him into the trauma room. Stop think real life wounds are anything like you see in the movies.

The one thing that always bothered my about knifing is that it is always a 1 hit kill, and getting shot at point blank range in the face by a .50 desert eagle or assault rifle will not kill you. That is imbalanced as ****, unless you have time to pull out your knife and hit a vital organ or major blood vessel you are not going to kill instantly in 1 hit, in fact you will probably not kill at all (statistically most stabbings do not end in death), while getting gunned down at point blank range is substantially more dangerous.

That is the one thing I liked in COD2, a head shot was a death sentence.