PDA

View Full Version : 2010 NFL Mock draft Discussion thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

JCMElway
03-02-2010, 08:42 AM
Do your shiat talking and pick praising in this thread!

Alpha list of selected players
Ajirotutu, Seyi
Alexander, Denario
Allen, Nate
Alualu, Tyson
Angerer, Pat
Arenas, Javier
Asamoah, Jon
Asante, Larry
Atkins, Geno
Banks, Brandon
Barnes, Freddie
Basped, Kevin
Beadles, Zane
Benn, Arrelious
Berry, Eric
Best, Jahvid
Black, Ciron
Blount, Legarette
Bosworth, Kyle
Bowden, Brent
Bowman, Navarro
Bradford, Sam
Briscoe, Dezmon
Brown, Antonio
Brown, Charles
Brown, Jarrett
Brown, Levi
Bryant, Dez
Byers, Jeff
Byham, Nate
Bulaga, Brian
Burnett, Morgan
Butler, Crezdon
Butler, Donald
Calhoun, Duke
Calloway, Kyle
Campbell, Bruce
Canfield, Sean
Capers, Selvish
Carrington, Alex
Carroll, Nolan
Carter, Brandon
Carter, Chris
Chancellor, Kam
Chaney, Jamar
Church, Barry
Clausen, Jimmy
Clayton, Keenan
Cody, Terrance
Coleman, Antonio
Coleman, Kurt
Conner, Kavell
Cook, Chris
Cook, Eric
Cooper, Riley
Cox, Perrish
Crompton, Jonathan
Cunningham, Jermaine
Curran, Rennie
Davis, Anthony
Davis, Dexter
Deaderick, Brandon
Decker, Eric
DeGeare, Chris
Dickerson, Dorin
Dic-kson, Edward
Dillard, Phillip
Dixon, Anthony
Ducasse, Vlad
Dunlap, Carlos
Dwyer, Jonathan
Easley, Marcus
Eastman, Tyler
Edds, AJ
Edwards, Armanti
Ford, Jacoby
Fox, Jason
Franks, Dominique
Geathers, Clifton
Gerhart, Toby
Gettis, David
Ghee, Brandon
Gibson, Thaddeus
Gilyard, Mardy
Goethel, Travis
Graham, Brandon
Graham, Garrett
Graham, Jimmy
Greshem, Jermaine
Griffen, Everson
Gronkowski, Rob
Haden, Joe
Harbor, Clay
Hardesty, Montario
Hardman, Derek
Hardy, Greg
Harewood, Ramon
Haslam, Kevin
Hawley, Joe
Hernandez, Aaron
Holiday, Trindon
Hoomanawanwanui, Michael
Houston, Lamarr
Hughes, Jerry
Hull, Josh
Iupati, Mike
Jackson, Brian
Jackson, Kareem
Jackson, Rashawn
Jefferson, AJ
Jerry, John
Joseph, Linval
Johnson, Micah
Johnson, Mike
Johnson, Robert
Jones, Arthur
Jones, Chad
Jones, Reshad
Kafka, Mike
Karim, Deji
Kindle, Sergio
Konz, James
LaFell, Brandon
Landolt, Dennis
Lane, Austen
Lang, Brandon
Larsen, Ted
Lauvao, Shawn
Lawrence, Simoni
Lee, Sean
Lefevor, Dan
Lewis, Myron
Lindholm, Garret
Lindley, Trevard
Matthews, Ryan
Mays, Taylor
McClain, Rolando
McCluster, Dexter
McCourty, Devin
McCoy, Anthony
McCoy, Colt
McCoy, Gerald
McFadden, Walter
McKnight, Joe
McLaughlin, Mike
Mesko, Zoltan
Miles, Jeromy
Miller, Lonyae
Mitchell, Carlton
Misi, Koa
Mitchell, Earl
Moats, Arthur
Moeaki, Tony
Moore, Joshua
Morgan, Derrick
Muckleroy, Roddrick
Murphy, Jerome
Neal, Mike
Newhouse, Marshall
Norwood, Eric
Odrick, Jared
Oghobaase, Vince
Okung, Russel
Olsen, Eric
Owens, Jeff
Owusu-Ansah, Akwasi
Paul, Jason Pierre
Pawelek, Joe
Peek, Colin
Peters, Corey
Petrus, Mitch
Pike, Tony
Pitta, Dennis
Pouncey, Maurkice
Price, Brian
Price, Taylor
Quarless, Andrew
Render, Sergio
Riley, Perry
Roberts, Andre
Robinson, Patrick
Robinson, Zac
Rolle, Myron
Ross, Jay
Saffold, Rodger
Sanders, Emmanuel
Sapp, Ricky
Schoefield, O'Brien
Scott, Charles
Scott, Chris
Selvie, George
Sharpe, Brandon
Sharpton, Darryl
Sheffield, Cameron
Shipley, Jordan
Skelton, John
Smith, D'Anthony
Smith, Shelly
Sneed, Jevan
Spievey, Amari
Spikes, Brandon
Spiller, CJ
Starks, James
Steele, Curtis
Stoudamire, patrick
Stuckey, Darrell
Suh, Ndamukong
Tate, Ben
Tate, Golden
Tebow, Tim
Tennant, Matt
Te'o-Nesheim, Daniel
Tepper, Mike
Thomas, Cam
Thomas, Demaryius
Thomas, Earl
Thomas, Kevin
Thompson, Syd'Quan
Thurmond, Walter
Tiffin, Leigh
Tindal, Kelton
Tracy, Adrian
Troup, Torrel
Tyshovnytsky, Andrew
Ulatoski, Adam
Unrein, Mitch
Veldheer, Jared
Verner, Alterraun
Walton, JD
Wang, Ed
Ward, TJ
Warren, Donovan
Washington, Tony
Washington, Daryl
Watson, Dekoda
Weatherspoon, Sean
Webb, Joe
Weston, Kade
White, Blair
Williams, Damian
Williams, Dan
Williams, Jeremy
Williams, Kyle
Williams, Mike
Williams, Trent
Wilson, C.J.
Wilson, Kyle
Witten, Lindsey
Woods, Al
Wootton, Corey
Worilds, Jason
Worthington, Doug
Wright, Major
Young, Sam
Young, Willie

BowlenBall
03-02-2010, 11:08 AM
Technically, if we're following the rules of the real NFL draft, Drek can make his selection RIGHT NOW!

Do it, beyotch!

Or trade the pick to me for my first rounder (18 overall) and a 7th.....

Traveler
03-03-2010, 07:01 AM
I bet everyone already knows who Rohirrim will select with the 11th pick in the draft?:wiggle:

eddie mac
03-03-2010, 07:28 AM
Nice pick and analysis Drek although I do think there's a chance the Rams will shop Carriker this year cos he's a poor fit for their 4-3.

no-pseudo-fan
03-03-2010, 07:37 AM
I thought that he might go Bradford because it is tough to give #1 money to someone who is not a QB. I think Suh was a great college player, but I have seen those guys not translate to the NFL.

Time will tell.

Rohirrim
03-03-2010, 08:37 AM
I bet everyone already knows who Rohirrim will select with the 11th pick in the draft?:wiggle:

Don't have a clue... :~ohyah!:

BTW, Suh signed with the same agency that screwed over the 49er/Crabtree scenario last year. I wonder if that will affect which way the Rams go? Of course, they'll probably seal the deal with whoever they pick before the draft.

TheReverend
03-03-2010, 11:20 AM
I dunno. No offense Drek, because I like your reasoning behind the pick, but I don't particularly believe it's financially realistic.

That'll make 3 years in a row where the top resource is allocated to the DL, and especially with Chris Long at #2 and Suh at #1 (Carriker was 11, I believe?).

Point is: That can cripple the resources that new owner Shadid Khan will want to put into the team. Not to mention, he'll probably want them to start a new era with him, and with that, a new face to the franchise in Bradford.

Mediator12
03-03-2010, 11:27 AM
I dunno. No offense Drek, because I like your reasoning behind the pick, but I don't particularly believe it's financially realistic.

That'll make 3 years in a row where the top resource is allocated to the DL, and especially with Chris Long at #2 and Suh at #1 (Carriker was 11, I believe?).

Point is: That can cripple the resources that new owner Shadid Khan will want to put into the team. Not to mention, he'll probably want them to start a new era with him, and with that, a new face to the franchise in Bradford.

Yeah, I totally agree. That is the same reasoning I have JAX passing on JPP, too many resources squandered on DL the last few years with no results.

Bradford is starting to make more and more sense unless he blows his pro days.

Mediator12
03-03-2010, 11:49 AM
Anton has to be pissed the two top DT's go off the board. I really think TB will get the second DT in April. What a great spot to be once Bradford goes first. Top player in the draft talent, for the third overall pick.

Too bad our draft will not go that way for him and TB. At least they have plenty of needs to fill!

no-pseudo-fan
03-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Any chance Bradford slips to 6?

Mediator12
03-03-2010, 12:28 PM
Any chance Bradford slips to 6?

Hey, Anything is possible. Especially if he tanks his pro day.

anton
03-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Anton has to be pissed the two top DT's go off the board. I really think TB will get the second DT in April. What a great spot to be once Bradford goes first. Top player in the draft talent, for the third overall pick.

Too bad our draft will not go that way for him and TB. At least they have plenty of needs to fill!

I know! I was sure I would get a DT!

no-pseudo-fan
03-03-2010, 01:22 PM
I know! I was sure I would get a DT!

Nice pick. Eric Berry is a stud. He is an elite football player and an elite athlete. A triple threat:wiggle:

Florida_Bronco
03-03-2010, 01:28 PM
Well there is our first curve ball. Most of the mock's I've seen had Berry going between 6-10 and I know Mayock wasn't too high on him.

anton
03-03-2010, 03:00 PM
I think Mayock hasnt watched Berry's freshman and sophmore tapes. He has Earl Thomas ahead because in 2009, Thomas played FS/CB in a pass happy conference, while Berry played in-the-box SS in the SEC (where they run run run). Of course Thomas is going to make more plays in the passing game.

anton
03-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Who does SF want a 5? QB?

Drek
03-03-2010, 06:20 PM

Living in St. Louis I'm pretty fairly convinced that the organization is going to go with Bradford. Personally I think its a horrible gamble to take.

Bradford injured and then re-injured his shoulder on a hit that Marc Bulger took two or three times a game last season, so if they draft Bradford you basically can't play him for at least a season. A season when you pay him elite QB money.

At the same time he's only actually had two real seasons of collegiate play. Underclassmen QBs are a big gamble and Bradford is particularly raw in terms of plug and play ability thanks to coming from a spread offense and missing almost all of last season.

In short, if Sam Bradford hadn't missed basically all of last season I'd have taken him #1. That extra year of experience/polish and the lack of injury concerns and I'm sold. But as is the Rams can't afford to risk that much money on a guy who might spend more time on the IR than behind center, before you even roll the dice on if he's a good NFL QB.

Also, as far as the DL resources go, like I said in my post in the selection thread, I'd have no desire to retain Leonard Little so adding Suh to the DL doesn't actually do much to the amount of total resources tied up in the DL, it just puts it all in better positions to succeed.

The Rams will take Bradford, I just think its a big mistake.

Florida_Bronco
03-03-2010, 06:57 PM
There's another one I didn't expect. I figured SF would look elsewhere after Alex Smith seemed to finally turn the corner.

brncs_fan
03-03-2010, 08:37 PM
It is going to seem like an eternity before we get to 28.

Would the rest of you hurry up?! :P

jebures
03-03-2010, 08:58 PM
It is going to seem like an eternity before we get to 28.

Would the rest of you hurry up?! :P

Im ready to pick at #8 already, waiting for that # 7 pick, its gonna be a typical raidres pick, im channeling greasy al

brncs_fan
03-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Im ready to pick at #8 already, waiting for that # 7 pick, its gonna be a typical raidres pick, im channeling greasy al

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jacoby--ford?id=497288 ?????

jebures
03-03-2010, 09:08 PM
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jacoby--ford?id=497288 ?????

it wont be quite that bad

JCMElway
03-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Everyone, just to remind you, PLEASE INCLUDE THE TIME YOU MADE YOUR SELECTION AND THE TIME ZONE YOU ARE IN. I've been around to catch when most of these picks were made, but if several come in a row we might not catch it.

I know the OM lists when each post are made, but sometimes that clock is wonky and I don't trust it.

24champ
03-03-2010, 10:42 PM
3 curve balls already...

1. The selection of Berry at #3, that's high.

2. San Fransisco trading up to take Bradford. They have a serviceable QB in Smith.

3. Cleveland taking Clausen....wha?

anton
03-03-2010, 11:45 PM
I would be shocked if SF took a QB, but it could happen if they think Alex Smith has already hit his peak.

I dont think Trent Williams is a top 10 pick or a raiders pick. He lacks elite athleticism to play LT (despite a great 40 time). I think Mays, JPP, and even Campbell would be more likely.

Oh and the Browns giving up on Quinn already? I guess it could happen.

Drek
03-04-2010, 04:24 AM
I would be shocked if SF took a QB, but it could happen if they think Alex Smith has already hit his peak.

I dont think Trent Williams is a top 10 pick or a raiders pick. He lacks elite athleticism to play LT (despite a great 40 time). I think Mays, JPP, and even Campbell would be more likely.

Oh and the Browns giving up on Quinn already? I guess it could happen.

There have been rumors that the Browns want to move up after Bradford. Might be a similar situation to the Broncos in '06 when rumors where going around that the Broncos where going up after Leinart, when in fact they where going after Cutler.

As for Trent Williams/Bruce Campbell, both have shown elite combine athleticism, I'd like to think that Al would be talked out of Campbell by at least one sane person in the FO, Campbell isn't a top 20 pick, let alone a top 10. Williams at least belongs in the discussion.

Broncoman13
03-04-2010, 04:35 AM
Loved the Trent Williams pick. I am hoping he makes it to # 11 and we draft him to play inside also knowing we have a solid RT replacement in him should Harris get injured again. Our woes last year really started when Polumbus replaced Harris. Clady, Kuper,?, Williams, Harris is potentially a great OL.

Carmelo15
03-04-2010, 07:47 AM
As the 49ers GM, I was given the opportunity to move up from #13 to #5 for essentially the price of moving up to #9. I got a steal so I had to make the deal. Then I used the pick on who I felt was BPA. Yes, Alex Smith showed some flashes last year, but I don't think he'll ever be anything more than an above average QB at best. Much like I would've made that same move if Kyle Orton was my QB. I had greater needs than QB, but if I would have drafted a guy like Bulaga or Trent Williams at #5, to me that would've wiped out the steal of a deal I got. Those were guys I may have targeted at #13, maybe even #17. I simply took BPA at a position that could certainly use an upgrade, an elite position at that.

Triplelefthook
03-04-2010, 08:56 AM
Why wouldn't the rams make a move for someone like Michael Vick and then spend the draft building their team and filling all the needs they have?

Demarco Farr was on the radio here randomly and said the rams have to take Suh because they have SO many needs/holes they have to take BPA especially if he can be at the heart of your D-Line.

My buddy from STL who lives here now thinks they should draft 90% defense this year and build a team that stresses defense and running game.... with stephen jackson on the other side you don't need a star QB more of a game manager QB... and if that guy is Vick that would introduce just enough offensive threats to keep other teams honest while the Rams win thru defense

Carmelo15
03-04-2010, 10:11 AM
20 minutes left. Could the Buffalo Bills be pulling a Vikings right now? Will the Jaguars be ready to jump up with their selection? :~ohyah!:

no-pseudo-fan
03-04-2010, 10:18 AM
tick tock clock

Carmelo15
03-04-2010, 10:35 AM
12 hours are up, Jags where you at you could've jumped the Bills already

ColoradoBuff
03-04-2010, 10:45 AM
just did!

no-pseudo-fan
03-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Denver is up.....go go go

ludo21
03-04-2010, 10:49 AM
No Tim Tebow shocker there? ;D

ColoradoBuff
03-04-2010, 10:51 AM
No Tim Tebow shocker there? ;D

nope...maybe later! :thumbsup:

Rohirrim
03-04-2010, 12:08 PM
I decided to shock everybody and take Dan Williams. :wiggle:

no-pseudo-fan
03-04-2010, 12:09 PM
Nice pick by Denver....not sure that is the way they will go. What makes sense to us, doesn't always make sense to Josh and the crew.

Carmelo15
03-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Yea I love the Broncos pick, I'll be happy if this happens in reality.

no-pseudo-fan
03-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Dez is off the board. Well. Nice pick Miami.

ludo21
03-04-2010, 01:15 PM
Miami definitely needs a WR so that makes sense.

doesn't Miami need LB too with Porter gone?

Mediator12
03-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Miami definitely needs a WR so that makes sense.

doesn't Miami need LB too with Porter gone?

No LB value there Ludo. McClain was gone, and I do not think he is a top 15 anyway.

Mediator12
03-04-2010, 01:19 PM
BTW this draft is flying ;D

Great work people!

24champ
03-04-2010, 01:39 PM
Loved the Trent Williams pick. I am hoping he makes it to # 11 and we draft him to play inside also knowing we have a solid RT replacement in him should Harris get injured again. Our woes last year really started when Polumbus replaced Harris. Clady, Kuper,?, Williams, Harris is potentially a great OL.

That would be a bad move IMO. We need interior help, not wasting a first round draft pick on tackle depth.

ColoradoBuff
03-04-2010, 01:41 PM
That would be a bad move IMO. We need interior help, not wasting a first round draft pick on tackle depth.

I would like to see Williams at 11 or trade down in the 20's to get Iupati!

no-pseudo-fan
03-04-2010, 01:46 PM

Iupati might not make it into the 20's.

24champ
03-04-2010, 01:48 PM

We could get both. I fully expect the Ravens to give us their first round pick for Brandon Marshall.

ludo21
03-04-2010, 02:09 PM
Campbell this early! Wow!

JCMElway
03-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Campbell this early! Wow!

A lot of sites have him rated as the #2 OT, and he had a fantastic combine.

But if he does bomb, I drafted for the Chiefs, so no big whoop.

no-pseudo-fan
03-04-2010, 02:17 PM
14th Pick is in

Rohirrim
03-04-2010, 02:32 PM
I'll be very curious to see if Pete Carroll passes on Mays. He knows him better than anybody else.

no-pseudo-fan
03-04-2010, 02:37 PM
I'll be very curious to see if Pete Carroll passes on Mays. He knows him better than anybody else.

I think that Carroll actually owes Taylor Mays, he is the one that talked him into staying for another season.

I think Spiller might be the pick at 14, but I am counting on Pete drafting some of "his guys"

ColoradoBuff
03-04-2010, 02:48 PM
We could get both. I fully expect the Ravens to give us their first round pick for Brandon Marshall.

Or Cincy @ 21.

jhat01
03-04-2010, 03:49 PM
I can't remember if we are projecting comp. picks or not..If so, I would think ATL (my adopted team for this draft) would get a third for Foxy, right?

SoDak Bronco
03-04-2010, 04:38 PM
I got the OT i wanted and I saved the franchise 4 million in guaranteed money...SCORE!!

Mediator12
03-04-2010, 06:04 PM
I can't remember if we are projecting comp. picks or not..If so, I would think ATL (my adopted team for this draft) would get a third for Foxy, right?

Last year the winter meetings released the picks right before the end of the third round. Hopefully, we will get them before then, however this draft is cruising right now....

JCMElway
03-05-2010, 12:35 AM
Hey all, an alpha list is on the first post of this thread. Check it out when we get deep into the draft and you are not sure if a player has been taken. If someone selects a player that has already been taken, the next drafter may select right away and the previous drafter may re-select at any time.

Also, as soon as the projected comp picks come out we will put them on the board. If we reach the end of the third and they have not released those picks yet I suggest we pause the draft and wait for them to come out, unless we are a week away from the release. In that case we'll just use the best estimated guess that we can find online.

But, let's burn that bridge when we come to it.

Requiem
03-05-2010, 10:08 AM
Love Anton's selection of Price at that point in time. Way to be.

Mediator12
03-05-2010, 01:01 PM
I figured Anton would do that after missing on McCoy and Suh. THat defense does not work very well without an elite UT, and they have been missing that for a long time. I just feel so sorry for TB fans who had to suffer the same "Jim Bates DL experiment" DEN did 3 years ago. Sorry anton.

Oh well, this draft is going just the way I thought it would to this point. I really think it will end up MUCH different than it looks right now, but that helps me later!

24champ
03-05-2010, 01:03 PM
Houston Texans are in negotiations for the 20 pick...multiple offers for it. We'll see what happens.

Requiem
03-05-2010, 01:04 PM
Mediator and his evil plans are coming to fruition. Mwuahaha.

Mediator12
03-05-2010, 01:05 PM
Houston Texans are in negotiations for the 20 pick...multiple offers for it. We'll see what happens.

Dude you better use that pick before the right person gets away!

On second thought, keep up the good work ;D

Rohirrim
03-05-2010, 01:49 PM
I'm assuming we're going to start over so Denver gets the #6 pick. Right?

Carmelo15
03-05-2010, 02:04 PM

:~ohyah!: If the first five picks go as this one did, I expect Jimmy Clausen to be a Bronco. As much as I hate the guy, he's so much better than Orton so I couldn't be mad.

no-pseudo-fan
03-05-2010, 02:16 PM
Clausen is a bigger douche than Cutler

Mediator12
03-05-2010, 02:17 PM

Nope. I'm sorry.

I want my 14th pick for ZO, no I want to start over so I get my 6th pick back for Marshall.

Spalding you'll get nothing and like it! ;D

Carmelo15
03-05-2010, 02:20 PM
Clausen is a bigger douche than Cutler

Real talk. He's on the same level as Philip Rivers on a doucheness level. But if he is as good of a QB as Rivers, frankly I'd rather have that then Kyle Orton. Orton is a good guy, but I'd rather have a good QB

Rohirrim
03-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Real talk. He's on the same level as Philip Rivers on a doucheness level. But if he is as good of a QB as Rivers, frankly I'd rather have that then Kyle Orton. Orton is a good guy, but I'd rather have a good QB

I really couldn't stand to look at that face for ten years. Really. No ****.

Carmelo15
03-05-2010, 02:40 PM
I really couldn't stand to look at that face for ten years. Really. No ****.

Yea you're right, this is much better: http://horsecollar.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/kyle-orton-stoned-medium.jpg
:thumbs:

anton
03-05-2010, 02:58 PM
^haha. But I dont think BMarsh will go for #6. I think it is much more likely that there will be a straight up trade for #14.

Drek
03-05-2010, 03:05 PM
^haha. But I dont think BMarsh will go for #6. I think it is much more likely that there will be a straight up trade for #14.

Why would the Broncos do that if Seattle signs him to an offer sheet? At that point the Broncos have dibs on the #6 overall.

The only way Seattle can get the #14 pick in play as the only compensation is if someone with a lower first rounder than #14 signs Marshall to an offer sheet before them, and the Broncos would prefer to just take the best picks and run with it. But even then Denver can start up a bidding war.

If Schefter is right and Marshall is on his way to Seattle tomorrow to hammer out a deal then Seattle is willing to give up the #6 or the #14 and additional compensation.

Rohirrim
03-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Yea you're right, this is much better: http://horsecollar.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/kyle-orton-stoned-medium.jpg
:thumbs:

You want to trade pics? Okay.

http://i.tsn.com/i/photos/20091124/130099.jpg

Hilarious!

anton
03-05-2010, 03:17 PM
What I mean is they wont sign him to an offer sheet. Tomorow they will meet and discuss a contract and then just offer Denver a trade having nothing to do with the rules for a RFA.

ColoradoBuff
03-05-2010, 04:30 PM
What I mean is they wont sign him to an offer sheet. Tomorow they will meet and discuss a contract and then just offer Denver a trade having nothing to do with the rules for a RFA.

guess we will see!

JCMElway
03-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Hey,

I am taking off for work, but Zona has his pick lined up should 24 not select by 7:27 PM CST. I emailed expat and Eddie Mac with those picks.

I know 24 is working on some trades, we'll see what happens.

JCM

24champ
03-05-2010, 04:49 PM
I am going to make my selection soon.

24champ
03-05-2010, 05:53 PM
I got quite a few offers for the 20th pick, none were real enticing enough for me to give up CJ Spiller. He was my #1 target on my draft board. In fact I made a few inquiries about moving up to get him. However I decided to stay put, and see what happens. Texans do have other needs, however Kubiak has stated in the offseason he wants to fix the running game and wants to limit the number of throws Schaub has to make.

Not only does Spiller bring speed and elusiveness to the run game, he can catch the ball real well and excels in the return game. So he would bring explosiveness and adds another weapon to the offense.

He's also a excellent human being, I think he is going to be a fan favorite where ever he ends up.

Mediator12
03-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Well, again this weekend's FA haul will change the Draft boards of the teams that prosper. No way MIA takes Rolando McClain unless they move him to OLB as they just put more money into a ILB contract than anyone ever has. BAL gets their #1 WR trading for Boldin, so they can address other needs with their top 2 picks. DET gets 2 DL that will revamp their DL and can select or trade the #2 for one of the ELITE DT's. CHI gets 2 of the top 5 FA's available but no WR they desperately need. Oh, and DEN MIGHT just get the #6 overall selection for Marshall.

That is why I wanted to delay the start of this draft until MON. The whole Picture as its laid out now is going to be VERY different than what we just Started. And, we have already gone down that slippery slope...

That Being Said, I am still planning on doing a 2 day draft the weekend before the real draft. Yes, its going to be very different than this, with a real short time limit between picks. However, seeing all the interest this draft draws, I Gaurantee it will be a real fun experience. I should have the details by the end of March.

ludo21
03-05-2010, 10:07 PM
i didnt need to take Thomas now either with them getting Rolle.

Oh well, still got the rest of the draft

JCMElway
03-06-2010, 02:13 AM
Still, it's a good pick. You can never have enough quality DBs.

24champ
03-06-2010, 02:39 AM
I think Joe Haden is going to fall in the NFL Draft...overrated and his 40 time was extremely slow. 4.6 40 time.

Reminds me a lot of Ahmed Plummer who quit the NFL.

Rohirrim
03-06-2010, 08:44 AM
Well, again this weekend's FA haul will change the Draft boards of the teams that prosper. No way MIA takes Rolando McClain unless they move him to OLB as they just put more money into a ILB contract than anyone ever has. BAL gets their #1 WR trading for Boldin, so they can address other needs with their top 2 picks. DET gets 2 DL that will revamp their DL and can select or trade the #2 for one of the ELITE DT's. CHI gets 2 of the top 5 FA's available but no WR they desperately need. Oh, and DEN MIGHT just get the #6 overall selection for Marshall.

That is why I wanted to delay the start of this draft until MON. The whole Picture as its laid out now is going to be VERY different than what we just Started. And, we have already gone down that slippery slope...

That Being Said, I am still planning on doing a 2 day draft the weekend before the real draft. Yes, its going to be very different than this, with a real short time limit between picks. However, seeing all the interest this draft draws, I Gaurantee it will be a real fun experience. I should have the details by the end of March.

Bingo!

JCMElway
03-06-2010, 10:19 AM
Meh, we're already hitting the slow down and we're still in the first round. finishing the draft on time is more important to me than having the odd player or two that clashes with a free agent pickup.

Mediator12
03-06-2010, 10:26 AM
Meh, we're already hitting the slow down and we're still in the first round. finishing the draft on time is more important to me than having the odd player or two that clashes with a free agent pickup.

The weekend and FA is really why we are hitting the Slowdown. People have other stuff to do and this is an interesting part of some rather dull offseason duldrums. And the odd player or 2 changes the whole draft process. The draft is Fluid, players spots are effected by FA.

Hey, I made my case. Not my fault the judge threw it out ;D

Now, let's continue having fun. Thanks for all you do JCM. :thumbsup:

JCMElway
03-06-2010, 10:29 AM
Werd. Thanks guys!

Mediator12
03-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Do not understand Haden to the Bengals at all. I understand he has been a slider and Might be BPA, but CIN has 2 of the best starting CB's in the NFL. That is a lot of money to invest in CB. Especially as they have some dire needs elsewhere. I could see them going for a Nickel CB with room to grow into a # 2 CB after the have to deal with the contracts of Joseph and HAll in 2 and 3 years, but another first round CB ???

24champ
03-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Do not understand Haden to the Bengals at all. I understand he has been a slider and Might be BPA, but CIN has 2 of the best starting CB's in the NFL. That is a lot of money to invest in CB. Especially as they have some dire needs elsewhere. I could see them going for a Nickel CB with room to grow into a # 2 CB after the have to deal with the contracts of Joseph and HAll in 2 and 3 years, but another first round CB ???

Funny because the pick was changed, it was Golden Tate originally before eddie mac changed it. I liked that pick better than the Haden pick. 4.6 40 time for a CB in the first round? That raises eyebrows.

jhat01
03-06-2010, 12:16 PM
Funny because the pick was changed, it was Golden Tate originally before eddie mac changed it. I liked that pick better than the Haden pick. 4.6 40 time for a CB in the first round? That raises eyebrows.

It does indeed...I thought about Haden at 19. His pro day will make or break him I think. If he runs a high 4.5 or a 4.6 he could really slide. He's still the best CB in the draft though..maybe it was just a bad day.

JCMElway
03-06-2010, 12:34 PM
I did not communicate effectively to Eddie Mac that Haden was Zona's selection on priority selection, not Golden Tate.

24champ
03-06-2010, 03:15 PM
It does indeed...I thought about Haden at 19. His pro day will make or break him I think. If he runs a high 4.5 or a 4.6 he could really slide. He's still the best CB in the draft though..maybe it was just a bad day.

I thought about Haden as well, but he's going to slide to the second round or late first round. CB's need to be shifty and have speed...4.6 40 time just raises red flags. You don't have the speed, your gonna be TOAST in this league. He can still be a good corner, but he's not shut down corner material.

Drek
03-06-2010, 03:39 PM
I thought about Haden as well, but he's going to slide to the second round or late first round. CB's need to be shifty and have speed...4.6 40 time just raises red flags. You don't have the speed, your gonna be TOAST in this league. He can still be a good corner, but he's not shut down corner material.

Deon Sanders thinks his 40 time was due to poor coaching and technique in a non-football related drill, and that Haden is much faster on the field.

As a professionally paid speed coach he'd have some knowledge on the matter. Haden could surprise people at his pro day.

Mediator12
03-06-2010, 06:24 PM
Very nice pick for BAL. Kyle Wilson is perfect value and scheme fit for them at that spot.

Let's keep this thing moving!

eddie mac
03-06-2010, 10:36 PM
Maybe it's just me but I dont see anywhere near the same interest in this as in previous years.

Are people mocked out or something???

Usually we'd have about 10-15 pages of discussion by now.

Ya know, **** pick, reach, great pick, poor fit, **** you ya twat you just drafted my guy, etc etc.

eddie mac
03-06-2010, 10:41 PM
BTW albeit not a need for Cincy, he just got the steal of the draft so far. Haden's tape is 100 times better than his combine was and he'll still be a top 12 pick IMO.

On my own pick, I wanted the Pats to come away from this draft with a Seymour replacement and IMO I got him. He may not be great value at 22 but I think you'll find this is actually not a very good class for 3-4 DL compared to other positions and whereas the Pats have other major holes, the depth at those positions is a hell of a lot better.

That's why I feel the Broncos are targetting multiple 3-4 lineman via free agency and have already been linked to 4 with one already putting pen to paper.

JCMElway
03-06-2010, 10:41 PM
We have some holdovers but lots of different drafters, different dynamic. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm having a blast!

JCMElway
03-07-2010, 09:55 AM
A couple of reminders guys....

If you will be away from the PC for extended times, please send me, expat, or Eddie Mac a priority list of who you want. I already have one poster who sent me a list of 30 names. It will really keep the draft going, just let us know you're going to be away and who you want.

Also, I have an alpha list posted at the beginning of this thread. Check there to see if your prospects are gone.

AND. Please do not post chit chat in the selection thread. A post with your selection and then a description of your guy is great. Everything else goes here in the discussion thread.

brncs_fan
03-07-2010, 10:06 AM
Mathews was the obvious pick but the more I broke him down the more the liked him.

ludo21
03-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Matthews I thought was a late 2nd, 3rd round guy I thought. Surprised to see him go so early, but he is a need for SD.

meangene
03-07-2010, 12:52 PM
I think Matthews is moving up on a lot of draft boards. I think his combine made him the #2 running back behind Spiller. Best' injuries / concussions concern me. Matthews is a workhorse.

meangene
03-07-2010, 04:48 PM
I think the Marshall trade gets voided. You can't trade players in the Orange Mane 2010 Mock Draft! Ha!

Carmelo15
03-07-2010, 04:54 PM
I think the Marshall trade gets voided. You can't trade players in the Orange Mane 2010 Mock Draft! Ha!

Surprised to see Arrelious Benn didn't go there. He would be a great weapon for the Sanchise

meangene
03-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Surprised to see Arrelious Benn didn't go there. He would be a great weapon for the Sanchise

Golden Tate is still out there as well.

ChSuperStar
03-07-2010, 05:07 PM

LOL, I know.. I was just kidding there. That is the reason i did not say anything about the 2010 picks in exchange of a player. I gave a few of 2011 players away. Tate is already gone if you check, he went to cinccy at 21st.

Also i think the DE who can create pressure is a need more than WR. May be a full year with the team will serve good for brylon edwards. Also there are 6 more rounds left :) and i have a extra 3rd rounder from the cardinals now.

Carmelo15
03-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Cincinnati picked Joe Haden. Tate is still on the board

Mediator12
03-07-2010, 05:18 PM
LOL, I know.. I was just kidding there. That is the reason i did not say anything about the 2010 picks in exchange of a player. I gave a few of 2011 players away. Tate is already gone if you check, he went to cinccy at 21st.

Also i think the DE who can create pressure is a need more than WR. May be a full year with the team will serve good for brylon edwards. Also there are 6 more rounds left :) and i have a extra 3rd rounder from the cardinals now.

Golden Tate is still there! CIN took Haden, not Tate. Otherwise that is steal for a defense like the jets. Hope he turns out like gholston though ;D

I have a couple of things going on right now, but will select as soon as I get home. On my iPhone.

ChSuperStar
03-07-2010, 05:24 PM
Golden Tate is still there! CIN took Haden, not Tate. Otherwise that is steal for a defense like the jets. Hope he turns out like gholston though ;D

I have a couple of things going on right now, but will select as soon as I get home. On my iPhone.

Yeah my bad. But still i was going the Defense route for jets. Also it is the extra 4th rounder that jets have from arizona not the 3rd as i mentioned above. I am trying to make the defense wins championship slogan right for jets :)

But i have to say, i thought tate was gone tough. I am sure someone else is looking out for him.

meangene
03-07-2010, 06:17 PM

I'm not big on Edwards but, you are right, there are six more rounds and some good value with WR's still on the board. I'm looking for a second round run.

24champ
03-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Someone needs to delete Zona's posts on the Mock Selection thread. Apparently he hasn't gotten the memo that it is strictly picks only posts and that other fodder, opinions, questions are in the discussion thread.

ChSuperStar
03-07-2010, 09:55 PM
someone needs to delete zona's posts on the mock selection thread. Apparently he hasn't gotten the memo that it is strictly picks only posts and that other fodder, opinions, questions are in the discussion thread.

+1

JCMElway
03-07-2010, 11:49 PM
Zona asked:

SO what do we do if Seattle signs BM and we get their 6th pick. Do the Broncos automatically just get who Seattle drafted (Brian Bulaga, OT, Iowa
)?

The answer is that our order as far as the NFL side of things is frozen. We select where we select and that's it. Things will change on the NFL side, but we had to start when we did and have no control over further changes. The order we have is the order we keep, apart for trades for picks we engineer ourselves.

JCMElway
03-08-2010, 12:33 AM
Hey, we're almost through the first round in only 5ish days. That's great! I hope the 2nd and 3rd go this fast. At that point we will pause the draft and wait for the comp selections to be set in stone by the league. Anyone know what date that happens?

Keep up the fast drafting everyone!

Drek
03-08-2010, 04:00 AM
The 33rd pick is up for trade if anyone wants to jump up after some sliders.

ChSuperStar
03-08-2010, 10:22 AM
i really think NE is sitting very well in the draft with 3 second round picks. There is a wealth of talent even for second round.

Drek good luck with someone moving up, there is too much depth and no one wants to give up there picks this year :)

Carmelo15
03-08-2010, 11:49 AM
i really think NE is sitting very well in the draft with 3 second round picks. There is a wealth of talent even for second round.

My Niners have 3 second round picks as well ^5

Rohirrim
03-08-2010, 12:12 PM
If I had three second rounders, I would spend two of them to move up and take Golden Tate right now. :oyvey:

I was in the midst of trying to trade up to snag Tate when everyone started blabbing that he was still out there. I was thinking, "Shutup, stop talking about it!!!"

Carmelo15
03-08-2010, 12:19 PM
If I had three second rounders, I would spend two of them to move up and take Golden Tate right now. :oyvey:

I dunno if WR is a big enough need for my team though. Tate is a good player though

jebures
03-08-2010, 04:51 PM
good thing i traded up to get Pierre Paul at 18, raiders juts cut greg ellis today

Carmelo15
03-08-2010, 05:09 PM
good thing i traded up to get Pierre Paul at 18, raiders juts cut greg ellis today

Good thing I traded up for Sam Bradford, the Niners signed David Carr yesterday :rofl:

jebures
03-08-2010, 06:10 PM
Good thing I traded up for Sam Bradford, the Niners signed David Carr yesterday :rofl:

only to a 2 year contract, he can be the 3rd stringer :P

Drek
03-08-2010, 06:56 PM

Drek good luck with someone moving up, there is too much depth and no one wants to give up there picks this year :)

Have two pretty good offers actually.

I'll be making my pick at 10:00 CST (a half hour shy of my time limit ;P), depending on whom I hear back from.

If anyone wants to jump into the bargaining at the last minute feel free to PM me an offer.

24champ
03-08-2010, 06:58 PM
I like Mediators pick, personally he was #2 on my draft board...lots of potential and from CB University aka FSU.

Drek
03-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Is it sad that I'm getting significantly more interest in #33 than #1?

Carmelo15
03-08-2010, 07:19 PM
Dude the trade chart is rises exponentially in the top 5 picks to the point that no one can afford to move up

Drek
03-08-2010, 07:31 PM
Dude the trade chart is rises exponentially in the top 5 picks to the point that no one can afford to move up

I was shopping #1 for a significant discount, at one point offering it for a price lower than the 2nd round pick by a the traditional point charts. Couldn't give the damn thing away.

With who's slid to me and my collegiate football allegiances lining up so well this pick should be a no brainer for me, but I can't not listen to good offers.

JCMElway
03-08-2010, 07:31 PM
Yeah, when I moved down from the #5 to #13 I took a big loss in the value chart, but I didn't care. Okung was gone, and I knew I could get a target I wanted later, and I picked up a third. A good deal for me, I say.

Drek
03-08-2010, 07:42 PM
Yeah, when I moved down from the #5 to #13 I took a big loss in the value chart, but I didn't care. Okung was gone, and I knew I could get a target I wanted later, and I picked up a third. A good deal for me, I say.

That was my big sticking point. I really like Suh and personally think the Rams should just take him and not look back, but they needed picks.

It got to the point where I needed to take such a discount that it wasn't worth giving up a generational prospect like Suh to get the extra picks.

I think I seriously got fewer good offers than what picks later in the top 10 ended up moving back for. Such a stigma attached to the #1 overall spot.

Drek
03-08-2010, 07:57 PM
Traded the 33rd pick, JCM should have the details up soon as should the winning bidder's selection.

JCMElway
03-08-2010, 07:59 PM
**Trade announcement**

The Chiefs (JCM) and the Rams (Drek) have just completed a trade.

The Rams receive picks 36, 80, and 147.

The Chiefs receive picks 33 and 99.

The Chiefs selection is coming up shortly.

JCMElway
03-08-2010, 08:17 PM
You were all blabbing about Tate when I was trying to trade up to get him. I was thinking, "Shutup, stop talking about it!"

jebures
03-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Since I dont have a pick until 87 im not worried about getting any of these guys, but here is my top 5 still available:

1. DE Everson Griffin USC
2. TE Jermaine Gresham Oklahoma
3. HYB Ricky Sapp Clemson
4. MLB Brandon Spikes Florida
5. WR Arrelious Benn Illinois

ludo21
03-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Since I dont have a pick until 87 im not worried about getting any of these guys, but here is my top 5 still available:

1. DE Everson Griffin USC
2. TE Jermaine Gresham Oklahoma
3. HYB Ricky Sapp Clemson
4. MLB Brandon Spikes Florida
5. WR Arrelious Benn Illinois

Is announcing prospects banned still or is this cool? Not like its a secret who is available, I just want to know if that rule still exists.

I know people got mad one time

jebures
03-08-2010, 09:24 PM
Is announcing prospects banned still or is this cool? Not like its a secret who is available, I just want to know if that rule still exists.

I know people got mad one time

ahh sorry I did not know this, but I dont figure my opionions are going to be the same as someone elses is, its not like mel kiper or mayock dont have this during the entire draft.

JCMElway
03-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Meh, it's a discussion board in a mock draft. Any of us can find those names by going to any draft preview site. It's no big deal to me, personally.

Although, you are drafting for the Faders. You're supposed to piss people off.

iforgotmypassword
03-08-2010, 10:46 PM
trade value chart is a joke, any1 who goes off that in this draft is wastin value

Mediator12
03-09-2010, 08:51 AM
I think its bad form to talk about any players still on the board. However, you can do what you like.

For me, I struggled with my pick at 31. For the first time in years of picking late, I wanted to trade out of that spot. However, INDY is revamping their coverages and needs a top level Press Man CB. Robinson was my top man Player on the board, but I got wind his character dropped him after the combine 4 hours after my pick! I knew he was part of the academic Cheating scandal at FSU, but it looked like it was behind him and he had moved on. I guess there are other issues, but for once I went with a risky pick and I am having serious buyers remorse as Polian would NEVER do that there.

Oh well, that's what you get when you sign up for the 31st pick in every round! You have to make decisions and this one is still haunting me.

ludo21
03-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Robinson should be fine. I thought that was a great late pick Med

iforgotmypassword
03-09-2010, 03:17 PM
Im sittin with Navarro Bowman, and Everson Griffn already added to the Saints no name D, feelin pretty good about that.... Bowman dominated in the senior bowl and Griffin will be an instant impact, got another 2nd rounder.... had the champs so I figured I'd add some playmakers

Mediator12
03-09-2010, 05:51 PM
Im sittin with Navarro Bowman, and Everson Griffn already added to the Saints no name D, feelin pretty good about that.... Bowman dominated in the senior bowl and Griffin will be an instant impact, got another 2nd rounder.... had the champs so I figured I'd add some playmakers

Bowman is a junior....He did not play in the Senior Bowl. Griffin is hot and cold, but a great value where you drafted him.

Carmelo15
03-09-2010, 05:58 PM
Tebow! :pity:

no-pseudo-fan
03-09-2010, 06:01 PM
Tebow! :pity:

Had to do it. Seattle needs to groom QB of the future.:afro:

Carmelo15
03-09-2010, 06:09 PM
Had to do it. Seattle needs to groom QB of the future.:afro:

I know I'm just teasin you bro. I actually like the pick much better than McCoy at 37

ludo21
03-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Tebow to Seattle! Did not expect that, but then again they do need someone to sub in rather than Seneca ;D

Now the Seahawks have 2 backup QB's who are not legit NFL QB's haha

SoDak Bronco
03-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Top rated TE Gresham is off the board. Hopefully his knee checks out, bc the guy as all the talent to be a top TE in the league. Bills fill another major need.

Carmelo15
03-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Nice pick Sodak. Gresham is a major steal at 41

meangene
03-09-2010, 07:16 PM
Tebow to Seattle! Did not expect that, but then again they do need someone to sub in rather than Seneca ;D

Now the Seahawks have 2 backup QB's who are not legit NFL QB's haha

They traded Wallace today so they had a need! Ha!

no-pseudo-fan
03-09-2010, 07:25 PM
Do I get to draft the pick Seattle got for Seneca?

meangene
03-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Do I get to draft the pick Seattle got for Seneca?

Only if you draft for Seattle next year. ;D

SoDak Bronco
03-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Nice pick Sodak. Gresham is a major steal at 41

Thanks I was looking at a CB but couldn't pass up the need of the TE for the bills, plus he is the top TE.

ludo21
03-09-2010, 08:01 PM
I was praying he would slide to me!! Dang you Sodak!! ;D

I thought about moving up, but I like all my picks too much

SoDak Bronco
03-09-2010, 08:03 PM
I was praying he would slide to me!! Dang you Sodak!! ;D

I thought about moving up, but I like all my picks too much

haha sorry , I was really close to taking Kareem Jackson CB from ALA, but I went with a player who is best at his position and a huge need. I don't remember the last time the bills had a decent TE?

JCMElway
03-09-2010, 08:17 PM
Wow, a flurry of activity and picks! Great job so far everyone. We're getting a lot of picks in and all the deals that have been made seem to work for everyone involved. This is a blast so far!

Mediator12
03-09-2010, 10:58 PM
Man, Cam Thomas makes it all the way to 43! Doubt that happens on draft day. Really solid pick NFLBronco.

BowlenBall
03-09-2010, 11:51 PM
Cam Thomas was a great pick there -- this is such a great DT draft, so it is possible that a few of those guys will slide to the middle or end of the second in the real draft. Hope the Broncos can do a little trade-down magic and stock up for picks in this range....

NFLBRONCO
03-09-2010, 11:55 PM
Man, Cam Thomas makes it all the way to 43! Doubt that happens on draft day. Really solid pick NFLBronco.

Thanks Med

NFLBRONCO
03-09-2010, 11:58 PM
Cam Thomas was a great pick there -- this is such a great DT draft, so it is possible that a few of those guys will slide to the middle or end of the second in the real draft. Hope the Broncos can do a little trade-down magic and stock up for picks in this range....

I beginning to think Denver best move would be trading down if they can.

Mediator12
03-10-2010, 12:02 AM
The thing that makes this draft so incredible is the sheer amount of potential starters available. I think that this draft has at least 15-20 more potential starters than last year, and that is minimally. What is does not have is star power. NO Elite QB, WR, or RB's. No sure fire Pass rushers or Shutdown CB's.

What is does have is plenty of young men who have a NFL future waiting for them. Plenty of solid prospects that can make a difference quickly and for a long time.

NFLBRONCO
03-10-2010, 12:13 AM
The thing that makes this draft so incredible is the sheer amount of potential starters available. I think that this draft has at least 15-20 more potential starters than last year, and that is minimally. What is does not have is star power. NO Elite QB, WR, or RB's. No sure fire Pass rushers or Shutdown CB's.

What is does have is plenty of young men who have a NFL future waiting for them. Plenty of solid prospects that can make a difference quickly and for a long time.

Seems like a great year to draft C G DT

NFLBRONCO
03-10-2010, 12:14 AM
Do you think Denver would take DE's Morgan or Paul @ 11

meangene
03-10-2010, 10:17 AM
Ducasse is the perfect pick for Denver and a great value. He will be a powerful interior player. Nice pick! :thumbs:

ludo21
03-10-2010, 10:18 AM
Can Vlad play Guard??

Rohirrim
03-10-2010, 10:34 AM
Can Vlad play Guard??

He can play any position on the line, but IMO guard would be best.

Rohirrim
03-10-2010, 10:36 AM
Ducasse is the perfect pick for Denver and a great value. He will be a powerful interior player. Nice pick! :thumbs:

I figure Doom could take him under his wing as a fellow Haitian and show him the NFL ropes.

Requiem
03-10-2010, 10:47 AM
I like the pick of Vlad there a lot, he is one of my favorite prospects and I think he will have a very good career. Maryland always produces some athletic freaks and this guy is no exception! :D

eddie mac
03-10-2010, 11:08 AM
Pats 2 picks will be up within the hour unless someone makes me a good offer for either one. Sorry about the delay today but loads of meetings at work and couldn't get away for more than 5 mins to see the board.

anton
03-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Anyone that has a upcoming 2nd round pick: I would like to trade my high 3rd and high 4th to get back in the 2nd. That is all...

24champ
03-10-2010, 11:51 AM
I figure Doom could take him under his wing as a fellow Haitian and show him the NFL ropes.

Yeah I like the pick a lot. Nicely done Roh.

BowlenBall
03-10-2010, 11:55 AM
Great pick Roh -- Ducasse is a raw player with an unlimited ceiling, but could be plugged in at either guard spot and pay immediate dividends in the running game, at the very least. I would have taken him at #52 -- jumped again!

Mediator12
03-10-2010, 01:13 PM
I like the pick of Vlad there a lot, he is one of my favorite prospects and I think he will have a very good career. Maryland always produces some athletic freaks and this guy is no exception! :D

Maryland, that freak is Bruce Campbell :wave:

Ducasse is a UMASS kid ;D

Mediator12
03-10-2010, 01:14 PM
Seriously, this is not the year to trade back if you have a mid second, I still have 6 people with a first round grade on them available.

Requiem
03-10-2010, 01:34 PM
Maryland, that freak is Bruce Campbell :wave:

Ducasse is a UMASS kid ;D

I get those two guys mixed up all the time. I'm an idiot. Forgive me, last night was another late night arguing with girls who say they "like/love you" but have boyfriends and just want to remain friends. She didn't like it when I called her on her porous behavior and an onslaught ensued.

Mediator12
03-10-2010, 01:55 PM
I get those two guys mixed up all the time. I'm an idiot. Forgive me, last night was another late night arguing with girls who say they "like/love you" but have boyfriends and just want to remain friends. She didn't like it when I called her on her porous behavior and an onslaught ensued.

Try being married. There are no excuses :welcome:

Oh well, I knew what you were thinking. Ducasse is going to be a great OG. Might be a good OT, but could be a great OG.

eddie mac
03-10-2010, 02:00 PM
What do you all think of the Pats picks thus far???

Odrick at 22 and Gronk at 46.

eddie mac
03-10-2010, 02:01 PM
Seriously, this is not the year to trade back if you have a mid second, I still have 6 people with a first round grade on them available.

I guarantee though that about 4 or more are DB's of which my team has very little need whatsover, we are 5 deep at CB and 4 deep at S.

meangene
03-10-2010, 02:43 PM
I'm really liking what Carmelo is doing with the Niners - Bradford, Hughes and McCluster with a lot of picks still left. Nice job!

Carmelo15
03-10-2010, 03:11 PM
I'm really liking what Carmelo is doing with the Niners - Bradford, Hughes and McCluster with a lot of picks still left. Nice job!

Thanks man I've been trying to take BPA, that still helps me fill a weakness. I still got 71 and 92 in round 3, 105 in round 4, 148 in round 5 and 183 in round 6. I am definitely willing to deal so if you or anyone else wants to make a move hit me on the PM.

ludo21
03-10-2010, 09:55 PM
What do you all think of the Pats picks thus far???

Odrick at 22 and Gronk at 46.

I seriously considered Gronk because I like him so much, but the Giants have Boss already so I didnt want to take a TE this early.

I wodner how far Spikes would drop if I didnt take him? I had to work today and I really wanted to get my pick in before I went so thats why I did that trade ;D

Archer81
03-10-2010, 10:05 PM
I seriously considered Gronk because I like him so much, but the Giants have Boss already so I didnt want to take a TE this early.

I wodner how far Spikes would drop if I didnt take him? I had to work today and I really wanted to get my pick in before I went so thats why I did that trade ;D

If he would have dropped to 48, I would have taken him.

:Broncos:

JCMElway
03-10-2010, 10:07 PM
**TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT**

San Fran and KC make a trade.

Carmello gets #50

JCM gets #71 and #148

KC is in full rebuild mode and an extra third and fifth will fill out this roster with a solid core of young players.

anton
03-11-2010, 01:28 AM
JCMElway, I would have given you a better deal!! Carmelo is the king of trading.

If anyone that is picking soon wants to trade, I am offering 67th and 3rd pick in 4th round for your 2nd!

JCMElway
03-11-2010, 05:21 AM
Zona says:

May I just say that in real life, NE and their 3 high second round picks can bite me. ;)

JCMElway
03-11-2010, 05:22 AM
Anton, you shoulda PMed me!

Traveler
03-11-2010, 10:46 AM
Rohirrim,

I'd be one happy camper if the choices you've made thus far really happened for Denver.

Great job!

Rohirrim
03-11-2010, 10:51 AM
Rohirrim,

I'd be one happy camper if the choices you've made thus far really happened for Denver.

Great job!

Por nada. Gracias. ;D

Mediator12
03-11-2010, 01:33 PM
I love McCourty. He might be my favorite CB in this draft. Somehow, I talked myself out of drafting him and took Robinson who is my second favorite CB. Great pick Carmelo15.

Carmelo15
03-11-2010, 01:38 PM
I love McCourty. He might be my favorite CB in this draft. Somehow, I talked myself out of drafting him and took Robinson who is my second favorite CB. Great pick Carmelo15.

Thanks man, I had a hard time choosing between him & McCluster at 47. Fortunately I was able to move back up and grab him. Both of those guys would help tremendously on special teams.

McCluster can also be my slot receiver and change of pace back. Not to mention the Hyphy Cat Formation.

I think McCourty can start out as a nickel immediately and turn into a very good starter across from Nate Clements.

ludo21
03-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Niners draft has been great so far. Great job melo!

24champ
03-11-2010, 07:46 PM
More on Jackson...this guy was #3 behind Patrick Robinson and Haden on my draft board. Potentially the more complete CB of any in this draft class.

http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID778/images/kareem_jackson.jpg

"He answered questions scouts had about his athleticism and defensive back skill set. He ran well in the 40, timing under 4.5 on stop watches. During drills Jackson displayed a quick backpedal, fluid hip movement and the ability to drive to the ball. He's likely assured himself a spot in the draft's initial 40 selections.- Tony Pauline of SI.com

ESPN's Todd McShay had Jackson potentially sneaking into the first round while Mike Mayock had him as a solid second rounder.

Frank Cooney of USA Today calls Jackson "an instinctive, aggressive, coverage corner who works hard in the film room."

Carmelo15
03-11-2010, 08:24 PM
Niners draft has been great so far. Great job melo!

Appreciate it man

Florida_Bronco
03-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Thanks man, I had a hard time choosing between him & McCluster at 47. Fortunately I was able to move back up and grab him. Both of those guys would help tremendously on special teams.

McCluster can also be my slot receiver and change of pace back. Not to mention the Hyphy Cat Formation.

I think McCourty can start out as a nickel immediately and turn into a very good starter across from Nate Clements.

It's a good thing you got McCluster when you did. I wanted the honor of being the first guy in the mock to draft his high school classmate. :rofl:

Carmelo15
03-11-2010, 09:18 PM
It's a good thing you got McCluster when you did. I wanted the honor of being the first guy in the mock to draft his high school classmate. :rofl:

Oh you went to high school with him? Damn that's tight. Can't remember for sure, but if I remember correctly I drafted my high school qb in the 7th round last year. Ryan Walters S Colorado

Florida_Bronco
03-11-2010, 09:27 PM
Oh you went to high school with him? Damn that's tight. Can't remember for sure, but if I remember correctly I drafted my high school qb in the 7th round last year. Ryan Walters S Colorado

Yep. Me and him were in the same graduating class. He's a class act.

24champ
03-11-2010, 09:29 PM
I thought McCluster was a reach, he has a very very small frame, and he'll see limited snaps in the NFL.

Not good value at 47, IMO...and didn't need to trade up for him.

Carmelo15
03-11-2010, 10:02 PM
I thought McCluster was a reach, he has a very very small frame, and he'll see limited snaps in the NFL.

Not good value at 47, IMO...and didn't need to trade up for him.

He'll be my kick returner, slot, 3rd down back n with the hyphy cat formation that's easily 20 touches a game

jebures
03-11-2010, 10:08 PM
He'll be my kick returner, slot, 3rd down back n with the hyphy cat formation that's easily 20 touches a game

I agree, great pick carmelo

24champ
03-11-2010, 10:39 PM

That's a big maybe, his frame (5'7 and 165-170 LBs) isn't going to handle 20 touches a game. He'll see limited snaps and excel. That's where his value is, if your expecting 20 touches a game from that guy, you will be disappointed.

Carmelo15
03-12-2010, 12:02 AM
That's a big maybe, his frame (5'7 and 165-170 LBs) isn't going to handle 20 touches a game. He'll see limited snaps and excel. That's where his value is, if your expecting 20 touches a game from that guy, you will be disappointed.

Agree to disagree

anton
03-12-2010, 01:01 AM
ugghhhhhhh... the two guys i wanted to trade up for (Damian and Demaryius) taken right before the pick i was about to trade up into.

BowlenBall
03-12-2010, 01:06 AM
ugghhhhhhh... the two guys i wanted to trade up for (Damian and Demaryius) taken right before the pick i was about to trade up into.

I feel your pain -- the list of people I've been jumped on in this draft:

Mike Iupati (two picks before me)
Maurkice Pouncy (four picks before me)
Devin McCourty (two picks before me)
Kareem Jackson (one pick before me)

Worst draft I've ever had for losing target guys....

Archer81
03-12-2010, 01:32 AM
I didnt get to pick until #48...47 guys I wanted were off the board...

24champ
03-12-2010, 02:05 AM
I feel your pain -- the list of people I've been jumped on in this draft:

Mike Iupati (two picks before me)
Maurkice Pouncy (four picks before me)
Devin McCourty (two picks before me)
Kareem Jackson (one pick before me)

Worst draft I've ever had for losing target guys....

:rofl: I liked how you picked at 11:30 a.m. Abu Dhabi time.

Everyone should list their selection times in Abu Dhabi time.

anton
03-12-2010, 02:20 AM
4 of the last 6 picks have been WRs. I like Gilyard but I hope the Bucs can get a Benn, Tate, Thomas, or Williams in the real draft. I dont want LaFell though, something about LaFell screams BUST to me.

meangene
03-12-2010, 04:50 AM
4 of the last 6 picks have been WRs. I like Gilyard but I hope the Bucs can get a Benn, Tate, Thomas, or Williams in the real draft. I dont want LaFell though, something about LaFell screams BUST to me.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gilyard turns out to be a better player than all of them. Think he is undervalued.

ludo21
03-12-2010, 07:24 AM
Thomas is a great pick for the Steelers there. Hines on his way out and with Wallace and Thomas developing they could have a good young WR core with that pick

Mediator12
03-12-2010, 08:15 AM

That comes from watching Michael Clayton struggle the last 5 years or so ROFL! No more LSU high WR draft picks for TB.

Mediator12
03-12-2010, 08:33 AM
Thomas is a great pick for the Steelers there. Hines on his way out and with Wallace and Thomas developing they could have a good young WR core with that pick

The Steelers are still looking for that Big WR. Limas Sweed has unfortunately followed the career path I predicted for him. What a waste of pure talent.

Thomas has speed that Sweed never had though, and an ability to seperate at the next level. Interesting picks through the middle of this round though.

BowlenBall
03-12-2010, 09:05 AM
The Steelers are still looking for that Big WR. Limas Sweed has unfortunately followed the career path I predicted for him. What a waste of pure talent.

Thomas has speed that Sweed never had though, and an ability to seperate at the next level. Interesting picks through the middle of this round though.

It's a high risk/high reward pick. If Thomas had gone to the combine and ripped off a sub-4.4 40, then he'd have gone high in the 1st in our mock. Watching the game tape, he really reminds me a lot of Terrell Owens -- a huge receiver who is also to stretch the field.

All things being equal, I would have rather picked McCourty from Rutgers at that spot....

Carmelo15
03-12-2010, 10:12 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Gilyard turns out to be a better player than all of them. Think he is undervalued.

I agree. I think Gilyard has a chance to better than all of those guys including Tate. The one exception would be Benn, who I expect to become a pro bowler. It was very hard for me to pass on him at 35, even though Niners already have Crabtree. But I needed more of a slot guy, a role McCluster can fill nicely

Rohirrim
03-12-2010, 10:26 AM
Nate Allen is a steal at 55. I was tempted to take him at 45.

GoHAM
03-12-2010, 10:36 AM
Nate Allen is a steal at 55. I was tempted to take him at 45.

Yeah, I was surprised to see him still on the board. I think he will be an immediate contributor to whoever drafts him.

Rohirrim
03-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Yeah, I was surprised to see him still on the board. I think he will be an immediate contributor to whoever drafts him.

He'll be better than Taylor Mays.

Carmelo15
03-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Cosign above 3 posts about Nate Allen

Archer81
03-12-2010, 11:21 AM

I considered that before I took him. Theoretically, Steve Smith should nearly always pull double coverage, giving LaFell more opportunities to get the football. He does not need to be a number 1 WR in Carolina, they have one already. So...the die is cast.

jebures
03-12-2010, 01:31 PM
there are still a TON of good players left, Im starting to regret my decision to give up picks to move back up into the first to take Pierre-Paul.

JCMElway
03-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Quick Announcement:

Folks, when you complete a trade with someone, please give me the details in a Private Message. That way I am sure to get all of the trade stuff taken care of on the big board straight away. Thanks!

Let's keep this draft rollin'!........

ludo21
03-12-2010, 04:28 PM
Nate Allen at 55 damn!

I considered passing on Thomas in the first and waiting for him in the 2nd. Nice pick! (In hindsight I should have considering the Giants got Rolle now)

Hernandez to the Ravens is a great move to supplant Heap

TheReverend
03-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Just made #1 of my probably multiple surprise picks in this draft

eddie mac
03-12-2010, 05:06 PM

Hardly think that's a surprise at all. Great pick, this kid will be an early 2nd rounder IMO.

meangene
03-12-2010, 06:15 PM

They just said on NFLN that he was possibly moving into the late first so getting him in the late second is tremendous value.

brncs_fan
03-13-2010, 07:08 AM
After my bid to trade up and get Cam Thomas failed I went with the BPA at an area of need. Ghee has a lot of "boom" potential in him but he could also fall on is face and be out of the league in three years.

Mediator12
03-13-2010, 09:13 AM
After my bid to trade up and get Cam Thomas failed I went with the BPA at an area of need. Ghee has a lot of "boom" potential in him but he could also fall on is face and be out of the league in three years.

Ghee is a solid pick late in the second. He fits what the Chargers do schematically, but I wonder about how he fills there needs.

JCMElway
03-13-2010, 11:00 AM
Nothing wrong with going with the BPA if the talent is there.

brncs_fan
03-13-2010, 01:14 PM
Ghee is a solid pick late in the second. He fits what the Chargers do schematically, but I wonder about how he fills there needs.

With the trading of Cromartie they now have a need for another corner

JCMElway
03-13-2010, 06:35 PM
**Sigh** I hate the weekend slow down.

Folks, if you're gonna be out for the weekend, send us priority list so we can keep this thing moving! Me, I have no life, so it's no problem.

Twincities is on the clock in 30 minutes.

ColoradoBuff
03-13-2010, 06:53 PM

Folks, if you're gonna be out for the weekend, send us priority list so we can keep this thing moving! Me, I have no life, so it's no problem.

i agree...it's like watching paint dry!

meangene
03-13-2010, 07:45 PM

Folks should pick quick before the Jets wake up! Ha!

ChSuperStar
03-13-2010, 10:13 PM

Unexpected emergency. So could not do anything. I had no phone or internet connection to update.

But i still got the player i wanted. Thanks minny dude for picking a sliding player.. so i could get my safefy :)

JCMElway
03-14-2010, 09:16 AM
Hey all, the comp picks will be announced between March 21-24. We are going at a good enough clip that I think we can pause the draft until they are announced. So, after pick 95 in the 3rd round, we'll pause and see what those picks are. The second they are announced, we are back on the clock and rolling. That will give us one month (give or take) to finish four rounds and do a UDFA round.

Sounds like fun to me!

Remember, Comp picks may not be traded. However, trading the rights to drafted players (in the 2010 draft) for draft picks IS allowed. So, there's a back door around that restriction provided to you by your friendly neighborhood mock draft commissioner. (I thought that would make our drafting a bit more interesting.)

OK, back to work. Happy Drafting!

meangene
03-14-2010, 10:20 AM
Saffold was a nice pick for Indy. He is an underrated player whose stock is rising. He was, arguably, the best player at the Shrine Game and had an excellent combine. Interestingly, part of why he was undervalued initially was because of erroneous reported preseason measurements on his height and arm length. Could be a real steal.

Rohirrim
03-14-2010, 11:49 AM
It's the weekend, folks. Let's get this thing moving again. Get your picks in there. ;D

Mediator12
03-14-2010, 12:12 PM
Saffold fits a real need for INDY and may end up going higher than a few OT's already off the board. He has the zone blocking skillset and is an excellent pass protector. He might start inside @ LG to replace Ryan Lilja in the short term and apply pressure to Charlie Johnson and an underperforming Tony Ugoh @ LT.

Either way, INDY really needs to upgrade it's OL and Saffold can be the perfect Swingman to complement their current Needs. The funny thing is, I tried several times to trade up for him, but got late responses and he still dropped in my lap. This draft is so damn deep, I am glad I did not lose any picks and still got my primary target.

JCMElway
03-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Great pick Drek. St Louis had the need for a QB, and Lefevor in the third is a solid pick. Well done.

Drek
03-14-2010, 07:01 PM
Great pick Drek. St Louis had the need for a QB, and Lefevor in the third is a solid pick. Well done.

I'm happy with it. LeFevour was my target at QB all along. I just have too many questions about Bradford. Probably the biggest is that Mark Bulger took about a half dozen hits a game like the ones that injured and re-injured Bradford in college. So you've got injury/frailty questions coupled with limited playing time during which he was surrounded by a bunch of NFL level talent. I think he's a good prospect, but I don't see him as a #1 overall prospect.

Suh on the other hand is a generational prospect, so I couldn't see passing on that kind of elite talent to over pick a QB, when I figured I'd just grab LeFevour later.

If I where the Rams I'd view him as a stop gap with a chance to impress, but if Locker or Mallett came out next season after a year of quality play I wouldn't hesitate to draft some well paid competition for him either.

JCMElway
03-14-2010, 07:23 PM
Not a bad pick IFMPW, but I don't think Bush is going anywhere......

TheReverend
03-15-2010, 01:01 PM
Issue with the draft order:

You skipped my third round pick!

Also are actual NFL trades going to be reflected in this draft?

If so, please give me my other third round pick and bump up one slot in the 4th and give the other pick to the Jets and remove my 5th rounder.

BowlenBall
03-15-2010, 01:29 PM
Issue with the draft order:

You skipped my third round pick!

Also are actual NFL trades going to be reflected in this draft?

If so, please give me my other third round pick and bump up one slot in the 4th and give the other pick to the Jets and remove my 5th rounder.

Heya Rev -- the draft order should have been correct as of March 2nd, when we began the draft. So, any trades that have occured since the draft began won't be reflected in our OM draft.

That being said, it's possible that the sources we pulled the draft order were incorrect to begin with. If you think something's amiss, let JCM, Eddie Mac, and/or I know via PM, and we'll resolve it, if possible.

TheReverend
03-15-2010, 02:26 PM
Heya Rev -- the draft order should have been correct as of March 2nd, when we began the draft. So, any trades that have occured since the draft began won't be reflected in our OM draft.

That being said, it's possible that the sources we pulled the draft order were incorrect to begin with. If you think something's amiss, let JCM, Eddie Mac, and/or I know via PM, and we'll resolve it, if possible.

Arizona is supposed to pick 25th in the 3rd round between Dallas at 26 and themselves (from Baltimore) at 24. If we're not counting the Boldin trade, that's fine, but I still should have that 25th pick, just not the 24th and 25th.

meangene
03-15-2010, 03:10 PM
That's ok, Buffalo just used my pick #71! I KNOW my time wasn't up!

SoDak Bronco
03-15-2010, 03:23 PM

I thought u just picked at 69?

SoDak Bronco
03-15-2010, 03:24 PM

With the 69th selection of the 2010 Orange Mane Mock Draft the Dallas Cowboys select:

AKWASI OWUSU-ANSAH, DB, INDIANA (PA.)

Height: 6'1/4"
Weight: 207
40 Time: 4.30

Strengths: Owusu-Ansah has tremendous size for a corner and long arms which allow him to play even taller than his listed height. Has impressive ball skills, enhanced by his height/long arms, and can high point the football to come down with a tough interception. A strong defensive back who helps out in run support and wraps up well. Very athletic prospect with upside, Production player who received multiple accolades at the Division II level. Can contribute as a return specialist.

Weaknesses: Played against more inferior competition (Division II) than other prospects and was allowed to get by on his physical ability. Owusu-Ansah can be undisciplined at times with his techniques -- something he will have a much harder time getting away with at the next level. Dealt with shoulder injury in college.

My Take: Dallas needs to get more athletic and needs more big plays from it's safeties. He is being drafted to play safety where many project would be his best postion. Fortunately, the safety play is adequate so Owusu-Ansah will be afforded time to de

SoDak Bronco
03-15-2010, 03:25 PM
Am I missing something here? If I picked ahead of someone, delete my post and i'll wait.

meangene
03-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Am I missing something here? If I picked ahead of someone, delete my post and i'll wait.

No problem, dude, I made my pick! Ha! You still got Wooten. Nice pick, btw. :thumbs:

I had #69 and #71. That's what caused the confusion.

eddie mac
03-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Arizona is supposed to pick 25th in the 3rd round between Dallas at 26 and themselves (from Baltimore) at 24. If we're not counting the Boldin trade, that's fine, but I still should have that 25th pick, just not the 24th and 25th.

That must be a typo. That pick has always belonged to Arizona. The Jets 3rd rounder was originally 92 and was traded to the Browns for Braylon Edwards last year.

Rev regarding your 4th rd issue, you are picking in the right spot it's just JCM created 3 blank slots at the end of Rd3 for projected comp picks so everyone moved down 3.

ChSuperStar
03-15-2010, 04:47 PM
No problem, dude, I made my pick! Ha! You still got Wooten. Nice pick, btw. :thumbs:

I had #69 and #71. That's what caused the confusion.

And with 71 you picked that guy who had sex with his sister ? How dare you ?

TheReverend
03-15-2010, 05:06 PM
That must be a typo. That pick has always belonged to Arizona. The Jets 3rd rounder was originally 92 and was traded to the Browns for Braylon Edwards last year.

Rev regarding your 4th rd issue, you are picking in the right spot it's just JCM created 3 blank slots at the end of Rd3 for projected comp picks so everyone moved down 3.

No 4th round issue if trades aren't reflected. The only issue is the lack of 3rd. I was saying bump me up one slot in the 4th because of the Kerry Rhodes and Boldin trades effectively bumped their 4th rounder up 1 pick.

meangene
03-15-2010, 05:12 PM
And with 71 you picked that guy who had sex with his sister ? How dare you ?

He didn't mean to! ;D

JCMElway
03-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Hey Rev,

Please clear out your PM box. I adjusted the draft order, the Rhodes deal happened on the 6th, after we started. Therefore, it's not reflected in our order. Does that fix the problem?

TheReverend
03-15-2010, 08:03 PM
Hey Rev,

Please clear out your PM box. I adjusted the draft order, the Rhodes deal happened on the 6th, after we started. Therefore, it's not reflected in our order. Does that fix the problem?

Yup, looks fine now. Thanks.

NFLBRONCO
03-15-2010, 09:21 PM
Any suggestions for Miami? I wanted to go TE but, not sure anyones worth it here.

JCMElway
03-15-2010, 10:15 PM
Graham is not a huge reach in the third. Not bad at all, really.

BowlenBall
03-15-2010, 10:34 PM
Graham's a very interesting pick -- I was hoping he'd drop to one of my 4th round picks, but he's definitely worthy of a 3rd. Nice pick.