PDA

View Full Version : Should we Rolle the dice??

broncswin
02-28-2010, 04:18 PM
Updated: February 28, 2010, 3:59 PM ET
Source: Rolle will test free-agent marketEmail Print Comments 112Share38retweet 132 By Adam Schefter
ESPN
Archive
Arizona's eventful offseason will continue this week when the Cardinals release former first-round pick Antrel Rolle, an NFL source said Sunday.

Rolle's release will follow Kurt Warner's retirement and the Cardinals decision not to use their franchise tag on linebacker Karlos Dansby.

NFC West
ESPN.com's Mike Sando writes about all things NFC West in his division blog.

Network: NFL Nation

Rolle will become the premier safety in this year's free-agent class, but it is still possible the safety will return to the Cardinals.

Arizona would like to have Rolle back, and the two sides continue to talk about a potential return.

With less than a week until the start of the March 5 free-agent signing period, Rolle wants to see what he's worth at a time when the Cardinals are reluctant to pay him more than the $12 million that would be owed to him this season.

Rolle had four interception and was a Pro Bowl alternate this season. A starter on the Cardinals' Super Bowl team, Rolle moved to free safety in 2008 after playing cornerback for his first three seasons. He has 12 interceptions and four touchdowns in his career.

Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider.

elsid13
02-28-2010, 04:21 PM
I don't see the need for him. We need to think CB before safety.

DenverBrit
02-28-2010, 04:23 PM
If there's one position that looks set for now, it's at safety.

Play2win
02-28-2010, 04:58 PM
Maybe McD did have a clue about what he was doing-- secure the secondary now (last year), so he can focus on the front 7 (this year).

and the Oline, course...

Carmelo15
02-28-2010, 04:58 PM
I'm always in favor of bringing any guys from The U. That being said, I don't see us going after another safety this year, especially at the price Rolle would cost

Br0nc0Buster
02-28-2010, 05:00 PM
We are covered(pardon the pun) at safety

Plus he prolly thinks he deserves a big contract

gyldenlove
02-28-2010, 05:08 PM
Why is it so hard to put people on ignore now? it used to be a 2 click thing, now it is like typing war and peace in braille.

Florida_Bronco
02-28-2010, 05:19 PM
Why spend the money on Rolle? Both safety spots are set with a veteran and a 2nd year backup plus Josh Barrett.

strafen
02-28-2010, 05:21 PM
David Brutton should get a shot at safety. I really like thi guy...

eddie mac
02-28-2010, 06:01 PM
Safety is the deepest position on the roster without any controversy.

Traveler
02-28-2010, 06:14 PM
I say we should get Rolle......Myron that is.

ZONA
02-28-2010, 06:21 PM
I would not dismiss looking at Rolle. He was a converted CB turned into safety and has a great nose for the ball and when he gets picks, he usually runs them back quite a long way, making the opposing team really pay, not just in the turnover dept, but also in field position.

I'd wait though to see what other teams might come to the table with. I don't think there is any team going to look at bringing him for 12 million, which is why the Cards released him. But if you could get him at 5 million per, I would seriously look at that. He's alot younger the Hill, who then could be released if you did bring it Rolle.

broncswin
02-28-2010, 07:16 PM
I would not dismiss looking at Rolle. He was a converted CB turned into safety and has a great nose for the ball and when he gets picks, he usually runs them back quite a long way, making the opposing team really pay, not just in the turnover dept, but also in field position.

I'd wait though to see what other teams might come to the table with. I don't think there is any team going to look at bringing him for 12 million, which is why the Cards released him. But if you could get him at 5 million per, I would seriously look at that. He's alot younger the Hill, who then could be released if you did bring it Rolle.

Bingo...but I don't think we could get him that cheap

Florida_Bronco
02-28-2010, 07:21 PM
David Brutton should get a shot at safety. I really like thi guy...

I imagine it will be him that takes over when Dawkins finally hangs it up.

Hamrob
02-28-2010, 09:33 PM
Maybe McD did have a clue about what he was doing-- secure the secondary now (last year), so he can focus on the front 7 (this year).
and the Oline, course...How long do you think it's secure for? The entire secondary is in there 30's...by the time the rest of the team gets any where near respectable...that secondary will be done!

Archer81
02-28-2010, 09:36 PM
How long do you think it's secure for? The entire secondary is in there 30's...by the time the rest of the team gets any where near respectable...that secondary will be done!

Yeah...because single season turn arounds are so rare in the NFL.

:Broncos:

Florida_Bronco
02-28-2010, 09:56 PM
How long do you think it's secure for? The entire secondary is in there 30's...by the time the rest of the team gets any where near respectable...that secondary will be done!

That's why we have young talent (McBath, Bruton, Smith, Barrett, Carter) behind them learning the ropes. This is what smart teams do.

SportinOne
02-28-2010, 10:04 PM
McDaniels added Dawkins, Hill, Goodman, Smith, and McBath last season when everyone was screaming for front 7 help. For the most part it was a good decision to load up the secondary. After all, who could we have added that would have made a difference up front? Now that he has "his" players, i don't think he'll mess with the secondary much. There's basically no chance that we sign Rolle, or any safety unless it's a too good to pass up BPA kind of situation in the draft. I just hope we sign a backup CB that is much younger than Law.

Bigdawg26
03-01-2010, 09:18 AM
I wouldn't pay for Rolle when when have a number of young safeties, and they have plenty of solid safeties in the draft for cheaper ( Myron Rolle, Chad Jones, Earl Thomas, Eric Berry, Rashad Jones, etc.)

broncswin
03-01-2010, 12:43 PM
I wouldn't pay for Rolle when when have a number of young safeties, and they have plenty of solid safeties in the draft for cheaper ( Myron Rolle, Chad Jones, Earl Thomas, Eric Berry, Rashad Jones, etc.)

Ya but can they do what Rolle does after he gets the ball in his hands...these are the types of playmakers you want on your D...

BroncoMan4ever
03-01-2010, 03:59 PM
If there's one position that looks set for now, it's at safety.

who would have ever thought we would have been saying this 2 years ago?

also in our safety position, Bruton, Barrett and McBath all performed pretty well and we don't have a pressing need to bring in guys who we can groom