PDA

View Full Version : So as of now, who is your NBA champion?

PaintballCLE
02-27-2010, 09:40 PM
POLL

As of March 1st 2010

spdirty
02-27-2010, 09:59 PM
Nuggets. And anyone who disagrees can suck my balls.

BMarsh615
02-27-2010, 10:18 PM
Nobody can touch the Lakers in a 7 game series if Bryant, Gasol, Bynum, Odom, and Artest are all healthy. The Lakers starting 5 is just too strong and if their bench guys can knock down shots (especially Vujacic) they are unbeatable. They can match up with any team in the league because of Odom.

In the East, I think it will be either the Magic or the Cavs that make it to the Finals. If the Cavs have to play the Magic in a series though I don't know if they can beat them. The Cavs changed a good chunk of their roster because they were worried about matching up with the Magic.

Kid A
02-27-2010, 10:26 PM
Lakers then Cavs. Then maybe the Nuggs, given how well they play against the top teams in the league.

strafen
02-27-2010, 10:33 PM
I think the Nuggets team of this year is as a strong of a contender as we ever had before.
I really like our chances this year...
(Keeping my fingers crossed ;D )

SoCalBronco
02-27-2010, 10:38 PM
Hopefully someone other than the Lakers.

DBroncos4life
02-27-2010, 11:53 PM
Nobody can touch the Lakers in a 7 game series if Bryant, Gasol, Bynum, Odom, and Artest are all healthy. The Lakers starting 5 is just too strong and if their bench guys can knock down shots (especially Vujacic) they are unbeatable. They can match up with any team in the league because of Odom.

In the East, I think it will be either the Magic or the Cavs that make it to the Finals. If the Cavs have to play the Magic in a series though I don't know if they can beat them. The Cavs changed a good chunk of their roster because they were worried about matching up with the Magic.

That is so incorrect it isn't even funny. Are they worried about the Magic? Sure they are but they didn't change crap from their roster because of it. They added size and depth to the bench that is all. Z will be back in a few days. They gave up nothing for Shaq and Jamison nor did they change the core of the team. I mean really what did they give up for Shaq and Jamison, Ben Wallace, Sasha Pavlovic, and a first round draft pick. Find me a GM that wouldn't make those trades and I will show you a guy that should be out of a job.

BMarsh615
02-28-2010, 01:35 AM
That is so incorrect it isn't even funny. Are they worried about the Magic? Sure they are but they didn't change crap from their roster because of it. They added size and depth to the bench that is all. Z will be back in a few days. They gave up nothing for Shaq and Jamison nor did they change the core of the team. I mean really what did they give up for Shaq and Jamison, Ben Wallace, Sasha Pavlovic, and a first round draft pick. Find me a GM that wouldn't make those trades and I will show you a guy that should be out of a job.

BS. The Magic completely exposed the Cavaliers in the playoffs last year. Cleveland had too many small guys on the perimeter and had NOBODY to match up with Rashard Lewis and Hedo Turkoglu (don't get me started on Mike Brown having LeBron guarding Rafer Alston in that series) They also kept putting the slow footed Zydrunas Ilgauskas on Dwight Howard and he ate them alive.

Cleveland brought in a bunch of taller perimeter players just so they could match up with Orlando. They signed Jamario Moon, Anthony Parker, Darnell Jackson, traded for Antawn Jamison. They knew having Delonte West and Mo Williams guard the bigger Magic perimeter players killed them in that series.

And how was I criticizing anything that Danny Ferry did? I think he did a good job in the offseason. The main reason he made the changes he did is to match up with the Magic. If you knew basketball you would understand that. Cleveland matched up perfectly with everyone in the Eastern Conference... except Orlando.

BroncoMan4ever
02-28-2010, 02:02 AM
Nuggets. they have a winning record against every division leader in the league, and have shown they can win if Billups and Melo are out. as good as LA and Cleveland are, I think Denver is the most dangerous team in the league.

BroncoBuff
02-28-2010, 02:04 AM

You're correct, because they have massive record against the 9 best teams in the league. Which is what the playoffs are about.

They kinda suck against mediocre and bad teams ... like 33-25 or something.

24champ
02-28-2010, 02:16 AM
Back to Back. ;)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3334/3627387077_9c1ce94a36.jpg

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a8jHqPjhjWc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a8jHqPjhjWc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

BMarsh615
02-28-2010, 02:17 AM
Bunch of Nuggets homers in here.

I quit cheering for the Nuggets after they kept letting go of talented players. They let Mutombo, McDyess, and Jalen Rose just walk away from Denver. They haven't been my favorite team since.

CSU Husker
02-28-2010, 02:26 AM

I quit cheering for the Nuggets after they kept letting go of talented players. They let Mutombo, McDyess, and Jalen Rose just walk away from Denver. They haven't been my favorite team since.

So you are holding a grudge from like 1996? At what point do you get over it and realize they have put together probably the best Nuggets team in history?

BroncoMan4ever
02-28-2010, 02:28 AM

you can't keep hating on a franchise because of mistakes from a previous regime. now the Kroenke and Vandeweghe are handling things, the franchise has taken a lot of steps into becoming a legit factor in the NBA.

BMarsh615
02-28-2010, 04:16 AM
So you are holding a grudge from like 1996? At what point do you get over it and realize they have put together probably the best Nuggets team in history?

Not really a grudge, its not like a root against them or anything. I just don't have a favorite NBA team anymore.

I like to watch the superstars play now.

Ramathorn
02-28-2010, 05:00 AM

nuggets are a teams full of douches. GO CAVS!

strafen
02-28-2010, 07:30 AM

Imagine that.
This is probably the best team ever.
Carmelo is going to be the best Nuggets player in its history

Bernie Bickerstaff was responsible for the dismantling of the Nuggets. He let key players walk without getting anything of value for them.

The guy should've been sued for incompetence.

azbroncfan
02-28-2010, 07:39 AM
Lakers and then maybe Cleveland if they can get past Orlando.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-28-2010, 07:46 AM
you can't keep hating on a franchise because of mistakes from a previous regime. now the Kroenke and Vandeweghe are handling things, the franchise has taken a lot of steps into becoming a legit factor in the NBA.

Vandeweghe has been gone for several years now. Just FYI.

Oh, and I voted for the Nuggets. Just something special about this team.

Dukes
02-28-2010, 07:46 AM
Being the Co sports homer I am, gotta go with the Nuggs.

strafen
02-28-2010, 07:49 AM
Nuggets play the Lakers today at 1:30pm local time 3:30pm est
I believe it will be on ABC

Dagmar
02-28-2010, 07:49 AM

this.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-28-2010, 07:59 AM

Good (rare) non-football sports day today. Nugs@Lakers AND USA/Canada gold medal game both start at 1:30.

No commercials for me today!

Dukes
02-28-2010, 08:46 AM

Thanks for the reminder, I'll be switching between that and the Gold Medal hockey game. :thumbsup:

Majik
02-28-2010, 08:50 AM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ZiQj65hAFvbKeM:http://blog.mpl.org/nowatmpl/bucks.jpg

RhymesayersDU
02-28-2010, 09:38 AM
I voted Nuggies but it's the Lakers.

GoBroncos84
02-28-2010, 09:39 AM
I know they aren't the best team, I can't make a solid argument in favor of it, but I have to go with my Jazz. Sloan is way overdue, D-Will is a hell of a player. If it isn't them, the smart pick is Lakers Vs Cavs

Jason in LA
02-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Well I guess the Nuggets are the Orangemane NBA champions. Do they get a trophy for that? ;D

The Nuggets have their best chance since I can remember, but the regular season doesn't mean so much come playoff time.

Lakers are the team to beat. No question about that.

OABB
02-28-2010, 10:26 AM
anyone but the Celtics an that dripping pussy Paul Pierce. That whiny, injury faking buck toothed mouth breathing tard looking ****hole Pierce.

RhymesayersDU
02-28-2010, 10:28 AM
anyone but the Celtics an that dripping p***Y Paul Pierce. That whiny, injury faking buck toothed mouth breathing tard looking ****hole Pierce.

Celtics too old and too banged up. You certainly won't have to worry about them.

Rabb
02-28-2010, 10:29 AM
I am a homer, I won't vote against Denver...I think they have as good of a shot as they did last year

RhymesayersDU
02-28-2010, 10:32 AM
I am a homer, I won't vote against Denver...I think they have as good of a shot as they did last year

They have a better shot I'd say; I mean, they added Ty Lawson who is contributing in a very positive way. So glad that AC is glued to the bench now. I'm not going to say they beat the Lakers in the playoffs, but the team has improved. What will probably be their downfall is not swinging a deal for another big guy. They really needed to do that. Hopefully they draft for size this offseason.

Rabb
02-28-2010, 10:39 AM
They have a better shot I'd say; I mean, they added Ty Lawson who is contributing in a very positive way. So glad that AC is glued to the bench now. I'm not going to say they beat the Lakers in the playoffs, but the team has improved. What will probably be their downfall is not swinging a deal for another big guy. They really needed to do that. Hopefully they draft for size this offseason.

agreed, on all points...I think the Lawson pick was genius

I am shocked they did not make a move for Big Z...he alone would have put them right there with LA in my opinion in terms of top to bottom depth and matchups

ludo21
02-28-2010, 10:42 AM
Suns!!!

in all seriousness though... Lakers

Flex Gunmetal
02-28-2010, 10:48 AM
I know they aren't the best team, I can't make a solid argument in favor of it, but I have to go with my Jazz. Sloan is way overdue, D-Will is a hell of a player. If it isn't them, the smart pick is Lakers Vs Cavs

God I hate that boring-ass team but DW did light it up the other day.

Flex Gunmetal
02-28-2010, 10:49 AM
Nuggets no doubt, btw.

RhymesayersDU
02-28-2010, 11:29 AM
agreed, on all points...I think the Lawson pick was genius

I am shocked they did not make a move for Big Z...he alone would have put them right there with LA in my opinion in terms of top to bottom depth and matchups

All the Big Z talk was a waste of time, IMO. He was never going to sign with anybody else but Cleveland. We never had a shot, Dallas never had a shot, etc.

Rabb
02-28-2010, 11:41 AM
All the Big Z talk was a waste of time, IMO. He was never going to sign with anybody else but Cleveland. We never had a shot, Dallas never had a shot, etc.

yeah I know, but it was exciting to think about

cdabroncofan
02-28-2010, 01:45 PM
Toronto raptors

DB_champ24
02-28-2010, 05:05 PM
Lakers aren't even playing their best basketball and they're still one of the top teams in the league. Nuggets are very good and I'd pick em as the 2nd or 3rd best team but they just aren't as good as the Lakers and I don't think the Nugs can beat them in a 7 game series.

chadta
02-28-2010, 05:53 PM
does buffalo still have a team ?

strafen
02-28-2010, 05:56 PM
Lakers aren't even playing their best basketball and they're still one of the top teams in the league. Nuggets are very good and I'd pick em as the 2nd or 3rd best team but they just aren't as good as the Lakers and I don't think the Nugs can beat them in a 7 game series.

Yeah, I will have to agree with you there.
As much as I'd love the Nuggets win a championship, the road that they need to travel goes thru LA.
We just don't have the power upfront to battle the Lakers.
This still could be a special season for the Nuggets. Anything can happen...

El Jué
02-28-2010, 06:04 PM
Shaquille O'Neal plays for the Cavaliers?

strafen
02-28-2010, 06:06 PM
Shaquille O'Neal plays for the Cavaliers?Yup.
He's been with them from the start of the season.
Not the same dominant player he once was, but still a good presence on the paint...

PaintballCLE
02-28-2010, 06:29 PM
Shaquille O'Neal plays for the Cavaliers?

well he did, but now he needs surgery on his hand.....

El Jué
02-28-2010, 06:44 PM

I didn't know he used them.

strafen
02-28-2010, 06:45 PM

So the cavs are now without a big man in the middle?
Who's playing center for them?

Inkana7
02-28-2010, 06:54 PM
Cavs 2-0 against the Lakers this year. 'Nuff said.

PaintballCLE
02-28-2010, 07:08 PM
So the cavs are now without a big man in the middle?
Who's playing center for them?

right now varejao.........and i guess hickson as a backup. shoulda traded for stoudemire

strafen
02-28-2010, 07:12 PM
right now varejao.........and i guess hickson as a backup. shoulda traded for stoudemire

Varejao is real good.
He can score and has a good presence on the boards.
Stoudemire was thought to be the missing link for the Cavs.
I think a lot of the "experts" agreed that getting him would've put the Cavs over the hump...

Flex Gunmetal
02-28-2010, 07:26 PM
Nuggets dropped the w tonight. Couldn't take time to let plays happen. I love chauncy but he needs to stop forcing everything.

RhymesayersDU
02-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Nuggets dropped the w tonight. Couldn't take time to let plays happen. I love chauncy but he needs to stop forcing everything.

Yeah, Chauncey gets a lot of leeway from me because he's generally a smart player, he's our QB, etc. So when he jacks up a quick 3, etc, I generally don't get upset because he's earned the trust. But he took some bad shots today I thought.