PDA

View Full Version : So I bought a new truck...

Los Broncos
02-25-2010, 11:24 PM
A deal I couldn't pass up.

First of all I have no credit.

So I walk in with $1,000 cash to put down and it's not enough to get the truck.

They want $2,000 maybe $3,000 down.

I used my trade in which is a 1995 Toyota Tercel with 200k on it.

I think maybe they give me $500.00 tops.

They gave me $1,500!

2005 Tundra with 60k miles, some old man owned it and took really good care of it, or so they say he was old.

I got gashed with the interest but I need to build my credit up.

And the payments are $325.00 per, I work pretty hard and can afford it.

Garcia Bronco
02-25-2010, 11:35 PM
What's your rate? Did you shop it?

Los Broncos
02-25-2010, 11:36 PM
Pretty high, around 23 which is crazy I know.

I went for a bank on my own and couldn't get a loan.

That One Guy
02-26-2010, 12:05 AM
Ouch... A little bit of unsolicited advice... drop every penny you have left over at the end of the month onto that truck. That interest will eat you alive if you ever look back at what you actually paid for it.

Atwater His Ass
02-26-2010, 12:09 AM
one born every minute

DBroncos4life
02-26-2010, 12:33 AM
Did you get a extended warranty factored into your monthly payments? If you did cancel it and keep your payments the same. That should help you not end up so upside down in the truck.

I used to sale cars. It's a crazy different world. I'm sure you got at least 5 pounded if not more, but at the end of the day if you are happy with it that's all that counts.

CSU Husker
02-26-2010, 12:52 AM
Dont know the length of your loan, but sounds like you got a pretty good price on the truck if your payments are only 325 with that insane rate. Toyota makes good trucks, should last you a long time.

Dr.5280
02-26-2010, 01:00 AM
Don't matter how fast you pay it off. Each payment is an installment and carries its own interest factored into it. You show up tomorrow and you will still have to pay the interest and principal for ALL the payments in the period. Hope you like the truck. Hope the truck keeps running. Nothing like a Toyota.

watermock
02-26-2010, 01:05 AM
325?

Got gashed in finance but WTF do you do?

Did you walk away?

Many pricks will blow a deal in finance to make their back end.

Walk into finance like he same way you negotiated the price.

Claim you have a credit union.

325 is a gift.

If it's fine, you did fine if it was a dealership.

Better yet, have a letter of credit, if not, say you do.

watermock
02-26-2010, 01:10 AM
I've left people with a 695 payment.

On a car the could of bought new for 299.

CSU Husker
02-26-2010, 01:13 AM
I've left people with a 695 payment.

On a car the could of bought new for 299.

ugh!~ wow

watermock
02-26-2010, 01:29 AM
Bill Heard of Orlando went broke.

They had a wall of fame, 10,000 gross on a used car, before financing.

That place was crazy.

I sold an 98 GEO with bolts missing for 8500 and got biatched out.

ZONA
02-26-2010, 02:24 AM
$325 a month tells us nothing. That could be over 7 years and we would say you got raped. NEVER talk payment with any dealer, new cars or used. Always talk bottom line (PRICE). With a used car, you can't really beat down on them too much in negotiations. But on new cars, you can ream dealers if you know how to play them. I've purchased many new cars over the past 10 years. You never know just how good of a deal you can get until you start talking to multiple dealers. What I always do is take the dealership furtherst away from me and use them as my baseline price. I will call them up (after doing research on the web for pricing) and tell them I was given a lower price (usually like $1500) but want to know if they can match it since they are closer to me (which they aren't, just using that as a talking point and why I woud rather buy from them). Normally, they come down some, like $1000 but not the full amount you ask for. There you go, your first true working price. Now you go to another dealer and you aks if they can beat a price on a car and lower the price of what the other dealer gave you by say another grand. You can tell them the name of the dealership and even fax them a quote if you got that from the last dealer (I've done that and it does work). So then they say they will beat it by $500 (but actually its $1500 because you lied about the price the other dealer gave you, by $1000). So, right there you are sitting at saving $2500. You keep doing this and it may take several weeks because some of them will want to play hard ball. I usually try to work at least 5 dealers. I've actually had loud and heated arguments face to face with the top sales guy once I'm down to my final dealership, trying to get them to beat the price one last time. Saying things like "I'm ready to buy TODAY, right now, you're going to just let a deal walk out the door?" It works. You've just got to negotiate your balls off to do it.

loborugger
02-26-2010, 08:10 AM
23 percent?!?!? Oy vey!!!

When I was 18 and in the Navy, I bought a motorcycle with about 19/20 percent interest. Felt I was getting a deal cuz friends were paying 25 to 30 percent.

I am lazy, but I think you are gonna end up paying 300 percent of the sale price of the truck (depends on the term) when you figure in the interest.

I dont know your circumstances... but I would recommend taking it back and canceling the deal. You have 72 hours to return a major purchase like that.

Dukes
02-26-2010, 08:50 AM
Where's the pics of the truck?

Conklin
02-26-2010, 08:53 AM
I dont know your circumstances... but I would recommend taking it back and canceling the deal. You have 72 hours to return a major purchase like that.

what state do you live in? I sell cars and once you drive it off the lot here, its yours

sisterhellfyre
02-26-2010, 08:58 AM
one born every minute

In younger and stupider days, I signed a note for 29.99% (highest rate allowed in Oregon). And to show I didn't learn my lesson the first time, I turned around a couple-three years later and signed one for 24.99%.

I sold the first one for $900 because of prohibitive costs for the work it needed, and the second one I gave back to the finance company on a voluntary repo.

No more, nope, I'm done.

bronclvr
02-26-2010, 09:02 AM
You didn't get $1500.00 for your Trade-it's called overallowance-

Rohirrim
02-26-2010, 09:03 AM
I don't make car payments. Haven't in years. I take 5 or 6 grand, go online and find somebody forced to move out of town who has a Subaru for sale and I pick it up cheap. Lasts a few years with no problems and then I do it again. Works every time and no car payments.

Conklin
02-26-2010, 09:05 AM
some quick calculations. your first payment of 325 sends about 262 to interest and 63 to principal. it's not until roughly payment 50 that half your payment goes to principal. I'm guestimating that you financed roughly 13,500 and if that's true, your total amount paid for the truck when finished is about 27,300, in other words, you paid 500 more in interest than you did for the truck

loborugger
02-26-2010, 09:14 AM
what state do you live in? I sell cars and once you drive it off the lot here, its yours

Maybe I am wrong...

Did a little research - looks like only in CA.

CSU Husker
02-26-2010, 09:26 AM
23 percent?!?!? Oy vey!!!

When I was 18 and in the Navy, I bought a motorcycle with about 19/20 percent interest. Felt I was getting a deal cuz friends were paying 25 to 30 percent.

Bike loans are a fkn joke. I had great credit when I took mine out, and still got stuck at 12%.

Garcia Bronco
02-26-2010, 09:27 AM

23 percent? That's gotta be ****ing illegal on a used vehicle.

Los Broncos
02-26-2010, 09:28 AM
I got rolled with the interest, I know.

That's what I get with no credit.

But after a year I can refinance and bring the payment down.

Garcia Bronco
02-26-2010, 09:29 AM
I don't make car payments. Haven't in years. I take 5 or 6 grand, go online and find somebody forced to move out of town who has a Subaru for sale and I pick it up cheap. Lasts a few years with no problems and then I do it again. Works every time and no car payments.

This is the way to do it right here.

broncofan2438
02-26-2010, 09:30 AM
Not bad, show us a pic

CSU Husker
02-26-2010, 09:33 AM
This is the way to do it right here.

Either that or get something that you know will last long after payments are done. I dont mind making payments if I know I can drive the hell out of it after I own it free and clear. Avoid the stealership as much as possible if you like your $.

Tombstone RJ
02-26-2010, 10:14 AM

You got screwed. Only a high risk loan should have this type of interest rate.

Tombstone RJ
02-26-2010, 10:24 AM
Want to build credit, get a credit card and purchase stuff with it, then pay it off. Keep doing this over and over for a few years and bingo, you've got credit. Another way to build credit is to go to a store and get one of their cards, buy something with it (a Sears card, a Home Depot card, etc.) and then pay it off. Bingo, you've got credit.

Ever heard of a cell phone? Buy a service (AT&T) and keep the payments up and bingo, you've got credit.

I can go on and on...

Tombstone RJ
02-26-2010, 10:26 AM
My first car loan was through a credit union. My interest rate was like 7%.

Join a credit union dude. You have options.

Dukes
02-26-2010, 10:28 AM
Gotta agree with Tombstone here.......

Tombstone RJ
02-26-2010, 10:28 AM
Oh, and you can take the truck back, but you'll lose your down payment and your trade in.

Pony Boy
02-26-2010, 10:30 AM
Watch for sudden acceleration

Los Broncos
02-26-2010, 11:22 AM
Oh, and you can take the truck back, but you'll lose your down payment and your trade in.

Like I don't that, I signed the paperwork.

Bronco Boy
02-26-2010, 11:38 AM
Want to build credit, get a credit card and purchase stuff with it, then pay it off.

The problem is, people without credit frequently forget about that last step.

bap454
02-26-2010, 11:40 AM
Watch for sudden acceleration

I guess thats one way of getting out of your contract and paying those high interest rates...:wave:

Florida_Bronco
02-26-2010, 11:45 AM
Ever heard of a cell phone? Buy a service (AT&T) and keep the payments up and bingo, you've got credit.

Sorry, that's not true. 99.9% of the time the only time cell phones or utilities will show up on your credit report are if you become delinquent and they go to collections. Other than that, they just don't get reported to the credit bureaus.

Pony Boy
02-26-2010, 11:51 AM
Did you get the optional pool package

Dukes
02-26-2010, 11:53 AM

Talk about chick magnet in SoCal! ;D

Los Broncos
02-26-2010, 11:59 AM

Hilarious!

Hajisan
02-26-2010, 12:10 PM
It's a humble option and I don't know if it works for you, but can you go to a bank and have somebody (parents/relatives) co-sign with you?

Their credit rating should bring down the rate (assuming it's better than yours) and you'll still be able to build your credit. As long as you don't default, everybody wins. If you do default, well then you screwed yourself and your family.

Another way to build credit is to get a secured credit card. You give the credit card agency XXX amount of money and that's your credit limit. Keep your balance under 50% (I think) of the total credit limit at all times. Be careful though, alot of sharks out there.

I am no financial expert. Your experience reminds me of a situation I was in about 10-11 years ago and those were 2 things that helped me rebuild my bad credit and eventually buy my first home (on my own) last year.

Florida_Bronco
02-26-2010, 12:18 PM
It's a humble option and I don't know if it works for you, but can you go to a bank and have somebody (parents/relatives) co-sign with you?

Their credit rating should bring down the rate (assuming it's better than yours) and you'll still be able to build your credit. As long as you don't default, everybody wins. If you do default, well then you screwed yourself and your family.

Another way to build credit is to get a secured credit card. You give the credit card agency XXX amount of money and that's your credit limit. Keep your balance under 50% (I think) of the total credit limit at all times. Be careful though, alot of sharks out there.

I am no financial expert. Your experience reminds me of a situation I was in about 10-11 years ago and those were 2 things that helped me rebuild my bad credit and eventually buy my first home (on my own) last year.

Good advice.

MplsBronco
02-26-2010, 12:20 PM
Clady is 37 and has no credit? How is that possible?

Los Broncos
02-26-2010, 12:24 PM
Clady is 37 and has no credit? How is that possible?

Paid cash for everything.

Florida_Bronco
02-26-2010, 12:36 PM

Seriously man, you need to get some credit. The truck will help but now you're getting raped on interest.

MplsBronco
02-26-2010, 12:41 PM

Good for you. Just seems impossible when I think of all the things on my report over the years. The whole system is a sham anyway.

cmhargrove
02-26-2010, 12:41 PM
A deal I couldn't pass up.

First of all I have no credit.

So I walk in with $1,000 cash to put down and it's not enough to get the truck.

They want $2,000 maybe $3,000 down.

I used my trade in which is a 1995 Toyota Tercel with 200k on it.

I think maybe they give me $500.00 tops.

They gave me $1,500!

2005 Tundra with 60k miles, some old man owned it and took really good care of it, or so they say he was old.

I got gashed with the interest but I need to build my credit up.

And the payments are $325.00 per, I work pretty hard and can afford it.

$1,500 trade in was pretty good, but you should have at least gotten a fifth rounder back in the deal. Next time, trade with the Bears...

Tombstone RJ
02-26-2010, 01:19 PM
Like I don't that, I signed the paperwork.

I was in the car business for a while. If someone brought a car back and said "I changed my mind" of course, I'd try to talk them out of it. If, however, they persisted then I'd capitulate with the understanding that they won't get their down payment back and they won't get their trade in back either. If they still complained I'd say sorry, see you in court.

Fact is, the dealership owns your trade in because you signed the title over to them. It belongs to them now. As for the down payment, you might be able to get that back if you get a lawyer and it ain't worth that.

Now, yes, I could still sue the customer but no judge is going to side with me because 1. I got the car back (undamaged and with little to no miles driven on it) and so I can easily resell it and 2. I kept the down payment and the trade in.

Its not a bad deal for the dealership at all, especially if they are not financing the deal. If they are financing the deal then it's still ok because again, they made money on the deal and they can still resell the truck.

Ultimately, if the dealership is financing the deal, they want to keep you in the truck because they will make the most money on the loan. Plus they got your down payment, plus they got your trade in which they can sell.

However, unless it's a "buy here/pay here" type of dealership, I'm guessing they didn't finance the loan....

Tombstone RJ
02-26-2010, 01:23 PM
Sorry, that's not true. 99.9% of the time the only time cell phones or utilities will show up on your credit report are if you become delinquent and they go to collections. Other than that, they just don't get reported to the credit bureaus.

Yah, your probably right. It will only get reported if it goes to collections...

Los Broncos
02-26-2010, 02:04 PM
I was in the car business for a while. If someone brought a car back and said "I changed my mind" of course, I'd try to talk them out of it. If, however, they persisted then I'd capitulate with the understanding that they won't get their down payment back and they won't get their trade in back either. If they still complained I'd say sorry, see you in court.

Fact is, the dealership owns your trade in because you signed the title over to them. It belongs to them now. As for the down payment, you might be able to get that back if you get a lawyer and it ain't worth that.

Now, yes, I could still sue the customer but no judge is going to side with me because 1. I got the car back (undamaged and with little to no miles driven on it) and so I can easily resell it and 2. I kept the down payment and the trade in.

Its not a bad deal for the dealership at all, especially if they are not financing the deal. If they are financing the deal then it's still ok because again, they made money on the deal and they can still resell the truck.

Ultimately, if the dealership is financing the deal, they want to keep you in the truck because they will make the most money on the loan. Plus they got your down payment, plus they got your trade in which they can sell.

However, unless it's a "buy here/pay here" type of dealership, I'm guessing they didn't finance the loan....

They will send it to the banks, if they wont take it then Toyota will finance it themselves.

I knew what I was getting into, I knew I would get raped.

It's 36 months at 325 per month.

Los Broncos
02-26-2010, 02:08 PM
Seriously man, you need to get some credit. The truck will help but now you're getting raped on interest.

I'm working on that, a credit card will help a lot.

That's the next step, or any advice would help.

Thanks.

Florida_Bronco
02-26-2010, 03:27 PM

Thanks.

A credit card would be a good idea. If you're having trouble getting approved, go for a secured card.

Los Broncos
02-26-2010, 03:36 PM
A credit card would be a good idea. If you're having trouble getting approved, go for a secured card.

Same thing my gf did, her credit has already started to improve.

I'll check into it, thanks.

Boobs McGee
02-26-2010, 03:42 PM
couple things.

First off.... CONGRATS!!! Nothin like your first "new" to you vehicle.

Assuming you have a 6 year or less kind of loan, with no credit and a 23% interest rate, 325's pretty good!

As far as the poster that said throw extra money at your loan to pay down the princicple, he's correct...BUT! Make SURE you make a seperate deposit. For example, with MY loan (and I don't know how it is for every bank, but this something you should ask) if i put down an extra 50 bucks with my payment, that only pays off the INTEREST. In order to pay on the PRINCIPLE, you need to specify that on your deposit. So, basically, you pay your 325, then make a seperate deposit for 50 bucks, directly to your principle.

I'm in credit rebuilding mode myself. Two years ago, pulled my credit..it was around a 515. Absolutley horrible. I finally paid off all of my **** ups from when I was younger (lots and lots and lots of delinquency in collections). After paying off those, my credit jumped up quite a bit. After a few months, I walked into a dealership and got MY car, with a 619 score. had about a 16% i.r. Shortly after that, I opened up a small credit card with a 200 limit. Shortly after THAT, opened up a line of credit on my checking account through my credit union, which I used and paid back every month. Here I am two years later, just recently opened up a best buy card with a 730 credit score.

TIPS.

You have a couple different types of credit.

INSTALLMENT credit..in this case, your car loan. Basically, anything with FIXED payments. Like, you have 6 years to pay off your car, and you're making a certain fixed dollar payment every month. NEVER BE LATE ON A CAR PAYMENT!!!!! just pay on time every month, and when anyone pulls your credit report, they'll see lots of good payment history.

REVOLVING credit. these are things like credit cards, where you DONT have a fixed payment. In other words, you're making payments monthly, with no end in sight and no specific amount.

All forms of credit are looked at as debt, and therefore you have to be aware of your Debt to Income Ratio. (dti). GENERALLY, you're in pretty good shape if it's lower than about 40%. For instance...you make 1000 a month for your gross salary. You have a 325 a month car payment. Your dti is about 32%. Banks and lenders are looking at this information to see if you can afford the loans they're dealing out, and will give you interest rates accordingly.

BE CAREFUL with credit cards. A common misconception, is that you should max out a card and pay it off every month. Looks good to the Credit Bureaus right? WRONG. If they report at the time of month when you're maxed out, it's going to look like your living WELL beyond your means, and can negatively affect your credit score, basicall telling them that you can't handle debt. On the flip side, if you keep a zero balance, they'll report that card as inactive, and you won't have a payment history, which essentially can hurt you because of a LACK of credit.

The best thing you can do, is keep a balance on the card roughly 20-40% of the total, and pay it off accordingly on time every month.

This way, the bureaus will report good payment history, and your credit will blossom.

Credit is a bitch, but it's a must have.

Just keep an eye on your DTI, make sure you make all of your payments ON TIME, and in no time, your credit will ****ing rock.

I actually just refinanced my car, WITHOUT extending my term, thanks to my credit jump. Essentially, i dropped my payments by 60 bucks and didn't extend the loan.

You'll be fine man!

Congrats again!!!!

And p.s., anyone feel free to jump in and corrrect what i've said, this is basically what I've learned over the last couple years.

Boobs McGee
02-26-2010, 03:48 PM
oh and p.P.s., Bellco credit union is who I bank with, and they've been absolutely OUTSTANDING when it comes to helping me understand credit in general.

broncosteven
02-26-2010, 08:08 PM

I would check with a local credit union to see if they would be willing to give you a better deal. Now that you have a loan they may be more willing to take you on.

I had a co worker who bought a car from CarMax he was in a bunch of accidents and had poor credit so he was stuck with about the same rate. Anyway after badgering him I finally convinced him to go to the credit union through work and even though his rate was still high it was 8-10% lower.

Funny thing was he totalled that car before he paid it off. Then he bought a real cheap Hundai and kept it nice (if you count losing both side mirriors and 3 hub caps) at least running. It was the 1st car he paid off and then was able to jump back up into a mid size car 7 years later. A year after that he broke off the passenger side mirror.

broncosteven
02-26-2010, 08:27 PM

Thanks.

Make more $.

If you can land overtime bite the bullet and work as much as you can.

Get the "Wealthy Barber" from the library, it is a decent book, lot of common sense in it.

Build up your savings then get a credit card that pays back something like miles or use something like a Discover card which pays you back at the end of the year. Or even just a gas card.

The key to using credit cards to build credit is to pay them off in full every month. Use it in place of cash for food and gas, things you would pay for with cash or debit card. DO NOT BUY LUXURY ITEMS WITH IT!

The biggest thing is to have money in your savings. Pay yourself 1st then if a crisis arises you will be less likely to find yourself in debt.

To get $ in your savings cut out as much as you can. Don't buy the starbucks coffee, pack your lunch, don't go out to eat, say no to that new Orton Jersey, cut back on bar tabs. Budgets don't work but cutting back does. Go to the library for DVD's rather than paying for cable, pay per view or blockbuster. Stop paying for things you don't use which have recurring payments like gym memberships.

Keep doing the things you enjoy, just maybe not as often. Or maybe set some goals, once I have $1000 in my savings I will treat myself to something small then move the goal up to $2000...

Your still a young guy, we have met at a OM weekend. Now is the time to save and even look into some sort of retirement account for future, pay yourself first! Talk to sucessful people in your family or friends. Find out what they did or do.

I was in a hole when I was young really the best thing that helped me was cutting out expenses and working tons of overtime for about 3-6 months. If you work the overtime but don't cut the expenses you won't ever get out of the hole. The funny part was that I got my sheet together and got out of the hole only to have to buy an engagement ring and get back in the hole! LOL

It is really sad that schools don't teach any money management classes. I would really check out that Wealthy barber book among others.

Los Broncos
02-26-2010, 11:11 PM
I have a great job with a fortune 500 company and I work a lot of overtime.

JJG
02-26-2010, 11:43 PM

Why the sudden push now to build your credit?

strafen
02-26-2010, 11:49 PM
I would check with a local credit union to see if they would be willing to give you a better deal. Now that you have a loan they may be more willing to take you on.

I had a co worker who bought a car from CarMax he was in a bunch of accidents and had poor credit so he was stuck with about the same rate. Anyway after badgering him I finally convinced him to go to the credit union through work and even though his rate was still high it was 8-10% lower.

Funny thing was he totalled that car before he paid it off. Then he bought a real cheap Hundai and kept it nice (if you count losing both side mirriors and 3 hub caps) at least running. It was the 1st car he paid off and then was able to jump back up into a mid size car 7 years later. A year after that he broke off the passenger side mirror.

Credit union are the way to go.
Do your homework and determine the Blue Book Value or NADA and go from there.
Banks like collaretal. You may have to come up with a little bit of money to get your loan approved by a CU.
Good luck!

~Crash~
02-27-2010, 12:14 AM

I would of told them to eat **** and bark at the moon .

~Crash~
02-27-2010, 12:15 AM
I pay cash. always have.

strafen
02-27-2010, 12:19 AM

I went for a bank on my own and couldn't get a loan.That's pretty sad man.
I've been there too. When your credit is not that great, banks would prey on you like raising the interest rate is going to make things easier for you to make your payments and imrove your credit.

CSU Husker
02-27-2010, 01:46 AM
They will send it to the banks, if they wont take it then Toyota will finance it themselves.

What was the actual price you paid for the truck? Sounds like you got a SMOKIN deal, even if you are paying a ton of interest.

strafen
02-27-2010, 02:07 AM

Even at 325 a month for 36 months comes to $11,700 total payments.
I'll tell you what, if it is a double cab/4 doors you've got a smoking deal. The going price for a Tundra like that is low to mid $20's.
Now, if it's only 2WD you still got a good deal. Those go for about $15 to $18k

Do you know the model; SSR?

SouthStndJunkie
02-27-2010, 02:35 AM
That truck should run for a long time if you take care of it.

I have a 1997 Toyota 4Runner with close to 160,000 miles on it.

No rust and it keeps running smoothly....still looks great.

It's been paid off for years and I plan to keep driving it. When I am ready to get something newer, I will keep it as a second vehicle.

Cito Pelon
02-27-2010, 08:48 AM

The good news is you'll have great credit after you pay it off. And, yeah, sounds like you should refi ASAP.

Los Broncos
02-27-2010, 09:21 AM
Even at 325 a month for 36 months comes to $11,700 total payments.
I'll tell you what, if it is a double cab/4 doors you've got a smoking deal. The going price for a Tundra like that is low to mid $20's.
Now, if it's only 2WD you still got a good deal. Those go for about $15 to $18k

Do you know the model; SSR?

No extended cab, extra long bed with a V-6.

They were asking 12k for it, they knocked it down to 9k.

The inside is in perfect condition, brand new tires and brakes.

Free car washes for life and oil changes.

Well that stuff is most likely wraped up in the deal, just makes it sound good.

Two year bumper to bumper warranty.

Los Broncos
02-27-2010, 09:26 AM
That truck should run for a long time if you take care of it.

I have a 1997 Toyota 4Runner with close to 160,000 miles on it.

No rust and it keeps running smoothly....still looks great.

It's been paid off for years and I plan to keep driving it. When I am ready to get something newer, I will keep it as a second vehicle.

That's no joke, my Tercel never missed a beat.

I took care of that car like a baby.

It had over 200k in miles and never showed any signs of slowing down.

Went to Utah twice, trips to Vegas heck I should of taken it to Orangemane weekend.

Los Broncos
02-27-2010, 09:28 AM
What was the actual price you paid for the truck? Sounds like you got a SMOKIN deal, even if you are paying a ton of interest.

They knocked it down from 12k to 9k.

TotallyScrewed
02-27-2010, 02:26 PM
No extended cab, extra long bed with a V-6.

They were asking 12k for it, they knocked it down to 9k.

The inside is in perfect condition, brand new tires and brakes.

Free car washes for life and oil changes.

Well that stuff is most likely wraped up in the deal, just makes it sound good.

Two year bumper to bumper warranty.

If you're happy with it, it was a good deal. Nobody can say they never got the short end. There wouldn't be salesmen(women) if they couldn't turn a profit.

I'm real careful with believing the extra's: Free oil usually means maximum of once every 3 months and I bet that the bumper to bumper has a ton of exclusions because legit ones usually only occur on brand new for the 3yrs/36K miles which ever comes first.

I can't add anything more about credit except don't let you significant other (girlfriend or wife or whatever) have all the credit cards in their name with you as a co-holder. LADIES THIS MEANS YOU TOO. Whoever opened the account gets the credit history so should you part...nuf said.

I can't argue against Toyota's. My 4runner (4x4) has 250K miles on it and looks/runs great...a true warrior that has survived my wife and my 19 yr.old son.

CSU Husker
02-28-2010, 02:01 AM
They knocked it down from 12k to 9k.

Nice, enjoy your truck bro. I have an 02 Tacoma with 170k miles on it, still runs like a champ. Toyota makes great vehicles.

SouthStndJunkie
02-28-2010, 02:14 AM
I can't argue against Toyota's. My 4runner (4x4) has 250K miles on it and looks/runs great...a true warrior that has survived my wife and my 19 yr.old son.

What model year is your 4Runner?

sisterhellfyre
02-28-2010, 02:48 AM
Nice, enjoy your truck bro. I have an 02 Tacoma with 170k miles on it, still runs like a champ. Toyota makes great vehicles.

So I've heard: "Once you drive a Toyota, you'll never stop."

CSU Husker
02-28-2010, 03:01 AM
So I've heard: "Once you drive a Toyota, you'll never stop."

LOL, yea ya got all that going on now. Kinda funny that Toyotas official slogan is "Moving Forward".

I really think its blown out of proportion tho. Like most recalls, such a small likelihood of it happening to you, IMHO.

Tombstone RJ
02-28-2010, 10:59 AM
Toy 4Runners are about as gutless an SUV as you can buy. Yes, they may last a long time but they are slow, overweight wagons that I'm guess get crappy gass mileage. Plus, I'm guessing you can't get them with a stick, only AT.

Toys are no more reliable than most other major makes. It really depends on how you service them over the long haul. JMHO of course...

Conklin
02-28-2010, 11:07 AM
Toy 4Runners are about as gutless an SUV as you can buy. Yes, they may last a long time but they are slow, overweight wagons that I'm guess get crappy gass mileage. Plus, I'm guessing you can't get them with a stick, only AT.

Toys are no more reliable than most other major makes. It really depends on how you service them over the long haul. JMHO of course...

have you driven one of the new ones?

Tombstone RJ
02-28-2010, 11:23 AM
have you driven one of the new ones?

No, but I've considered buying one in the past and everytime I drove one it was like driving a big car with no power, like it had a ball and chain attached to it...

Conklin
02-28-2010, 11:53 AM
No, but I've considered buying one in the past and everytime I drove one it was like driving a big car with no power, like it had a ball and chain attached to it...

well, i hoped the broncos would win the superbowl and they havent the last 10+ years i've watched em, but before i make a comment that they haven't won the superbowl, imma at least watch em again

strafen
02-28-2010, 07:14 PM
That's why I love my ZR2
Nice truck and has some guts to boot!

Archer81
02-28-2010, 07:15 PM
That's why I love my ZR2
Nice truck and has some guts to boot!

Ha!

:Broncos:

strafen
02-28-2010, 07:43 PM
Ha!

:Broncos:It's not a V8, but for what it is, it runs great.
Plus, I've beaten a lot of ricers with it :wiggle:

Tombstone RJ
02-28-2010, 07:45 PM
well, i hoped the broncos would win the superbowl and they havent the last 10+ years i've watched em, but before i make a comment that they haven't won the superbowl, imma at least watch em again

I'd take a T100 with an extended cab and a five speed. Great truck. No, I haven't driven a 4runner is a while, but it's been since the Broncos won their last super bowl...

Cito Pelon
03-01-2010, 10:15 AM

Toyota has gone away from their roots as small, light, agile trucks. I'm not planning on getting rid of my '98 Tacoma 4cyl 4wd for another 10 years. I like how narrow it is, and you can't find a new truck as narrow these days. It also has the manual-lockers and you can't find manual locks these days on new trucks. I like light, nimble, simple trucks.

The 2nd generation Tacomas/4runners are 4 inches wider, something like 800 lbs heavier, and that's a big deal to me.

Garcia Bronco
03-01-2010, 10:19 AM
The problem is, people without credit frequently forget about that last step.

It's such a scam though. The banks says they won't give you a decent loan unless you get an "unsecured" loan from them also at a ridiculious rate.

broncosteven
03-01-2010, 11:51 AM
It's such a scam though. The banks says they won't give you a decent loan unless you get an "unsecured" loan from them also at a ridiculious rate.

CBS's Sunday morning was dedicated to Money this week. There was a segment on it about credit cards. They suggested going to a local credit union as the most a credit union can charge by law is only 19%.

They have some links to the spots on their website.

They also had a good segment on banks in trouble and where to find smaller banks in your area that are in good standing. They recommended staying away from the bigger banks that got TARP or bailout money and rewarding the smaller banks that try to limit risk and provide service to their account holders. What a concept.