PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Chiefs won't be drafting a starting QB

The MVPlaya
02-25-2010, 02:25 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=3237&line=168182&spln=1

GM Scott Pioli insisted Thursday that the Chiefs are not in the market for a starting quarterback in this year's draft.
Pioli stands by Matt Cassel as the franchise quarterback. There had been speculation that new coordinator Charlie Weis would push for Jimmy Clausen, but that was a never a realistic possibility at No. 5 overall. Feb. 25 - 4:30 pm et
Source: ESPNBoston.com

Doggcow
02-25-2010, 02:26 PM
Fine with me.

underrated29
02-25-2010, 02:42 PM
They need waay to much help on the OL. I look for an OT. I think Davis.

and not that i believed that cassel crap, but atleast I wont have to **** on my head anymore. And can breathe a sigh of relief.

Pony Boy
02-25-2010, 02:50 PM
Too bad, I really wanted to hate Clausen....

Natedog24
02-25-2010, 02:52 PM
I'm not overly impressed with any of the QBs in this draft so I'm not surprised that teams are lukewarm as well...

The Joker
02-25-2010, 03:01 PM
Cassel will do fine for the Chiefs.

They need to build that O-Line and give Jamaal Charles some genuine studs up front. If they like any of the OT's, I can see them pouncing at #5 and moving Albert to LG, where he really should have been all along. He's got the skillset to be one of the elite OG's in the game, find a good LT and you've got a nice left side of the line for years to come.

Bronco Rob
02-25-2010, 07:14 PM
AFC West Offseason Preview

SportsXchange
Updated Feb 19, 2010 7:08 PM ET

In today's parity-filled NFL, every team is one solid offseason away from being a playoff contender. With every team doing their homework for 2010, check out our daily look at each team's offseason to-do lists by division.

kansas city chefs

OFFSEASON STRATEGY

Now that the changes have come down in the Chiefs' coaching staff, the attention turns towards a roster that did not produce a Pro Bowl player in 2009 and has won 10 games in the last three years. Whether it comes via Free Agency or the draft, an injection of talent is needed. The only positions where the Chiefs appear solid are punter with Dustin Colquitt and kicker, with rookie Ryan Succop coming off his big season. Every other spot needs help, especially positions like quarterback with starter Matt Cassel and running back, where Jamaal Charles showed in the '09season he could be a lead back.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/afc-west-offseason-preview-021910

:spit:

Pioli touts chemistry in Kansas City

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 25, 2010 8:12 PM ET

With Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weis joining Scott Pioli in Kansas City, the Chiefs organization feels like a big family reunion. Pioli talked at length Thursday about the benefits of their familiarity.

"Something I've learned over these years, chemistry is critical," Pioli said to a group of reporters after his formal presser. "You always talk about locker room chemistry . . . You are going to have good times and bad times, ups and downs. Knowing those people and how they will react in certain situations really helps."

Pioli said he and coach Todd Haley wanted more people in the building that would disagree on issues. (He mentioned linebackers coach Gary Gibbs is great at this.)

"A lot of people say they want [disagreement], not everyone really wants it. Todd and I really do. And we need it. None of us has all the answers."

Chiefs fans can only hope that chemistry off the field leads to some better play on it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/25/pioli-touts-chemistry-in-kansas-city/

LOL

SouthStndJunkie
02-25-2010, 08:01 PM
That ass beating they gave us to end the season still sticks in my craw.

They were 0 for Invesco before that.

bronco militia
02-25-2010, 08:20 PM
have the chiefs ever drafted a starting QB? :rofl:

KCStud
02-25-2010, 08:26 PM
Brian Bulaga(Ferentz connections) or Dez Bryant. Book it!

And LMAO at Kiper!

oubronco
02-26-2010, 06:29 AM
What the hell are they going to say "We ****ed up by giving Cassel that ridiculous contract"

bap454
02-26-2010, 07:06 AM

Careful what you wish for... it could still happen, only he could be wearing the orange and blue.

Bob's your Information Minister
02-26-2010, 08:36 AM
Cassel will do fine for the Chiefs.

They need to build that O-Line and give Jamaal Charles some genuine studs up front. If they like any of the OT's, I can see them pouncing at #5 and moving Albert to LG, where he really should have been all along. He's got the skillset to be one of the elite OG's in the game, find a good LT and you've got a nice left side of the line for years to come.

Some of you folks are really misinformed. Albert dropped 40 pounds last year. He's a terrible fit at guard and the only reason he played guard in college was because Ferguson could only play left tackle.

DeuceOfClub
02-26-2010, 11:05 AM
The Chiefs are barely an afterthought.
My money is on a D-lineman from LSU to make it 3 busts in a row.

cmhargrove
02-26-2010, 11:47 AM
The Chiefs are barely an afterthought.
My money is on a D-lineman from LSU to make it 3 busts in a row.

I'm all for piling on the Chiefs, but it's not their first rounders you should be worried about. That third rounder from Texas beat our ass last time we saw him. That's why i'm hoping the Broncos get the right D-line help this draft.

Tom A Hawk
02-26-2010, 12:14 PM
smoke screen by Pioli...based on what the story is today, he is telling it like it is.

That will change as soon as McDaniels cuts a deal to get the coveted Cassel for the Broncos.

Cool Breeze
02-26-2010, 12:23 PM
Breaking News: Chiefs Suck!

Bronco Rob
02-27-2010, 03:31 AM
Breaking News: Chiefs Suck!

:afro:

Killericon
02-27-2010, 05:02 AM

http://www.nflfootballstadiums.com/images/Oakland-Raiders-Logo.gif

Bronco Rob
03-03-2010, 02:53 AM
:rofl:

FantomForce
03-03-2010, 06:59 AM
smoke screen, weis will have his way, just like the buffet table