PDA

View Full Version : Adam Schefter gurantees 1st overall pick

iDENVER
02-25-2010, 10:40 AM
http://www.101espn.com/post/38853_burwell_and_stelton_show_note_wednesday_2241 0/audio

this is interesting

Drunk Monkey
02-25-2010, 10:43 AM
fine with me I want Clausen anyways.

Dagmar
02-25-2010, 10:43 AM
That's a shockeroonie!

Popps
02-25-2010, 10:44 AM
In before Hillis effect...

strafen
02-25-2010, 10:48 AM
In before a moron derails this thread.
Oops!, it looks like Poops already beat all the morons out...

iDENVER
02-25-2010, 10:48 AM
if schefter is right about Bradford then he is physic or something

atomicbloke
02-25-2010, 10:50 AM
This has to be the most exciting draft in years..... but then I felt like that every year for the last 3....

Dagmar
02-25-2010, 10:51 AM
So Suh could drop to 3?

Ramathorn
02-25-2010, 10:52 AM
This has to be ajoke? Bradford #1? Im going back to sleep now.

Archer81
02-25-2010, 10:52 AM

Well it was moron free. Then you posted. So now it isnt. Maybe its just coincidence?

:Broncos:

iDENVER
02-25-2010, 10:54 AM
So Suh could drop to 3?

there is a chance i guess gerrald mccoy could drop to 4...maybe a trade up:afro:....nah

HILife
02-25-2010, 10:54 AM
In before Hillis effect...

That's fine Hillis will be a HoF QB anyway.

bowtown
02-25-2010, 10:55 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3248/3132267776_50fe9fe24e.jpg

Dagmar
02-25-2010, 10:58 AM
there is a chance i guess gerrald mccoy could drop to 4...maybe a trade up:afro:....nah

Is it TB at 4? I know they wanted to trade down...

dbfan21
02-25-2010, 10:59 AM
Schefter is right so often...it's hard to discount his word. That would be crazy!

iDENVER
02-25-2010, 11:00 AM

yea TB is 4th and i too have heard they want to trade down. but we need more picks not less..but we could snag gerrald mccoy i would be happy if we did

Dagmar
02-25-2010, 11:03 AM
yea TB is 4th and i too have heard they want to trade down. but we need more picks not less..but we could snag gerrald mccoy i would be happy if we did

I would want to see it happen just to see the absolute meltdown mock, dragster, jhns and wolfpack would have. It would be epic.

Rohirrim
02-25-2010, 11:04 AM
For those who can't open vids at work, how about a summary?

TheDave
02-25-2010, 11:06 AM

Schefter gaurantees the Rams will take Sam Bradford with the 1st pick.

Dagmar
02-25-2010, 11:07 AM

Basically the thread title. Says in a month people will start talking about Bradford to the Rams as a sure thing. He hasn't spoken to people from the Rams but has spoken to enough people to guarantee it will happen. said to note the date as he said it first.

Also said Steven jackson could be traded as by the time the Rams will be contenders he will be done. It would take a 1st and "then some" but knows of at least 3 teams who'd be willing.

Rohirrim
02-25-2010, 11:08 AM
Schefter gaurantees the Rams will take Sam Bradford with the 1st pick.

Ah. Well, I can see that. I assumed with Spags they would go D and take Suh, but I can't argue with Schefter's record of success. Especially if he's putting his rep on the line.

RaiderH8r
02-25-2010, 11:09 AM
if schefter is right about Bradford then he is physic or something

Schefter is teh physicsorz.

TheDave
02-25-2010, 11:11 AM
Ah. Well, I can see that. I assumed with Spags they would go D and take Suh, but I can't argue with Schefter's record of success. Especially if he's putting his rep on the line.

40+ million gauranteed for a DT in a 4-3 is just WAY too juch money especially considering the rams have drafted front 4 for many years now. Bradford was rated ahead of Stafford by most scouts last year... this seems like a no brainer to me.

Garcia Bronco
02-25-2010, 11:23 AM
Suh

TheChamp24
02-25-2010, 11:25 AM
One, SoCal would cry in a corner if we had to trade away draft picks to move up. I still think the trades in 2006 and 2007 continue to haunt him.

Two, Bradford is the real deal, as long as his shoulder isn't crazy screwed up.

TonyR
02-25-2010, 11:28 AM
... this seems like a no brainer to me.

Taking an injured, overrated QB who has a very high probability of being somewhere on the spectrum of very mediocre to a complete bust, instead of the best player available (McCoy or Suh who are considered sure things), is a "no brainer"? Really?

Kaylore
02-25-2010, 11:33 AM
Yeah I'm not a big Bradford fan. Then again, I wasn't that thrilled with Matt Ryan and he's pretty good.

The MVPlaya
02-25-2010, 11:33 AM
Basically the thread title. Says in a month people will start talking about Bradford to the Rams as a sure thing. He hasn't spoken to people from the Rams but has spoken to enough people to guarantee it will happen. said to note the date as he said it first.

Also said Steven jackson could be traded as by the time the Rams will be contenders he will be done. It would take a 1st and "then some" but knows of at least 3 teams who'd be willing.

I thought it was 4? Hahahaha

Adam sounds pretty confident though. He's usually right too... he's got his swagger on in this interview.

Dagmar
02-25-2010, 11:40 AM
I thought it was 4? Hahahaha

Adam sounds pretty confident though. He's usually right too... he's got his swagger on in this interview.

I was surprised just HOW confident he sounded when he said remember this date.

Rohirrim
02-25-2010, 11:41 AM
40+ million gauranteed for a DT in a 4-3 is just WAY too juch money especially considering the rams have drafted front 4 for many years now. Bradford was rated ahead of Stafford by most scouts last year... this seems like a no brainer to me.

40+ million gambled on shoulder surgery is pretty iffy too.

Br0nc0Buster
02-25-2010, 11:43 AM
Schefter knows his ****
Bradford may not be taken first overall, but if Schefter thinks he will then that means scouts think he is that good

bronco militia
02-25-2010, 11:45 AM
if we learned anything from last offseason: where there's smoke, there's a fire.

Pony Boy
02-25-2010, 11:49 AM
If Bradford doesn't go to the Rams, he won't get past Washington

bronco militia
02-25-2010, 11:55 AM
there are rumors swirling that Cambell may be traded to Buffalo for Donte Whitner

bap454
02-25-2010, 12:01 PM
there are rumors swirling that Cambell may be traded to Buffalo for Donte Whitner

Now this is one i do believe. I remember reading somewhere that Shanny was really high on him. He just went before we picked.

bap454
02-25-2010, 12:02 PM
Now this is one i do believe. I remember reading somewhere that Shanny was really high on him. He just went before we picked.

can i quote myself?? Anyhow... they do have Horton and Landry..so who knows.

bap454
02-25-2010, 12:06 PM
Also whats not to believe about Bradford as a number one overall? Sure hes not the top prospect in the draft, but he is the top quarterback prospect. Also they have absolutely nothing for Quarterback but garbage. A blue chip prospect at quarterback is much more a difrence maker than a DT... IMO.

bap454
02-25-2010, 12:07 PM
Wow a three post streak of meaningless fluber... Im on fire.

bronco militia
02-25-2010, 12:11 PM
Wow a three post streak of meaningless fluber... Im on fire.

:spit:

the streak is over!

SouthStndJunkie
02-25-2010, 12:19 PM
If Sam Bradford did not have the shoulder issues, I could see him as the #1 overall pick....but when he gets smashed into the turf on that frail chicken wing and busts up that shoulder again, it could really start to diminish his ability to throw the ball like he needs to.

nickademus
02-25-2010, 12:48 PM
that and he weighs less than eddie royal.

Pony Boy
02-25-2010, 12:51 PM
If Sam Bradford did not have the shoulder issues, I could see him as the #1 overall pick....but when he gets smashed into the turf on that frail chicken wing and busts up that shoulder again, it could really start to diminish his ability to throw the ball like he needs to.

I think I remember somthing about shoulder issues and Drew Brees...

gunns
02-25-2010, 01:05 PM

They are at 3. I'd deal Marshall in a flash to get either Suh or McCoy

Crushaholic
02-25-2010, 01:21 PM
Bulger isn't going to be in St. Louis, so I can actually see this happening. Suh is likely to be a playmaker in the NFL, but #1 overall pick money should probably be reserved for the leader of the team, which is usually the quarterback...

SouthStndJunkie
02-25-2010, 01:27 PM

I'm all about taking a potential franchise QB when you have the chance....but the shoulder would be a concern for me.

NFLBRONCO
02-25-2010, 01:33 PM
I'm all about taking a potential franchise QB when you have the chance....but the shoulder would be a concern for me.

Would you take either of these guys with top 5 pick?

SouthStndJunkie
02-25-2010, 01:36 PM
Would you take either of these guys with top 5 pick?

I'm not sure at this point....there are some QB prospects I would rather take in Rounds 2 or 3 this year and take a stud at a different position in the Top 5.

Hercules Rockefeller
02-25-2010, 01:39 PM
They are at 3. I'd deal Marshall in a flash to get either Suh or McCoy

What about Eric Beeeeeeeeeeeeeerry?

cmhargrove
02-25-2010, 01:44 PM

Supposedly Bradford is throwing fine already, he is just a little rusty from his recovery.

His pro-day should answer the injury questions.

Beantown Bronco
02-25-2010, 01:52 PM

For every Drew Brees, I can name 10 Brian Griese's.

WolfpackGuy
02-25-2010, 01:56 PM
Goddammit, I wish the Broncos had that Bears first round pick.

Rams could trade down and still get Bradford.

It all depends on how bad somebody below them wants Suh.

If Schefter says it, it's gospel.

Beantown Bronco
02-25-2010, 02:00 PM

We do.

bronco militia
02-25-2010, 02:05 PM

:kiddingme

TheDave
02-25-2010, 02:05 PM
Taking an injured, overrated QB who has a very high probability of being somewhere on the spectrum of very mediocre to a complete bust, instead of the best player available (McCoy or Suh who are considered sure things), is a "no brainer"? Really?

Like I said he was rated as the #1 prospect last year... So if you think he is "Overrated" and has a high probability of being a bust... that's fair, but I think I'll trust schefter and his sources.

TheDave
02-25-2010, 02:06 PM
40+ million gambled on shoulder surgery is pretty iffy too.

Bradford had the same surgeon as Drew Bees... My guess is if he says it's good to go that is going to carry a lot of weight.

elsid13
02-25-2010, 02:13 PM
Like I said he was rated as the #1 prospect last year... So if you think he is "Overrated" and has a high probability of being a bust... that's fair, but I think I'll trust schefter and his sources.

Only people that projected him #1 were the media and internet draft junkies. Since he never went through the process we don't know how teams actually viewed him after they really broke down his game tape and worked him out. With way it going I don't trust any media story about what any team is going to do with draft. Misinformation is norm at this point.

Dagmar
02-25-2010, 02:20 PM

What?? We do. Seattle has ours, 14.

TheDave
02-25-2010, 02:24 PM
Only people that projected him #1 were the media and internet draft junkies. Since he never went through the process we don't know how teams actually viewed him after they really broke down his game tape and worked him out. With way it going I don't trust any media story about what any team is going to do with draft. Misinformation is norm at this point.

100% disagree... there was just as much film and study of Bradford as there was Stafford. The only difference the lack of a pro-day and some interviews.

Hercules Rockefeller
02-25-2010, 03:07 PM

I don't recall Brees having shoulder issues coming out of college.

barryr
02-25-2010, 03:49 PM
I'm not shocked, though I think it would be a mistake. The Rams have nothing at QB, but to me, you take the BPA at that spot and I don't think it's a QB and I'm not a big believer in Bradford and it's not just his injuries either.

underrated29
02-25-2010, 03:50 PM
Bradford.... 50-3....Thats all you need to know.

50 tds, 3 ints..... I dont care how good your supporting cast is. No one has ever done anything like that. Brady came dam close with moss and welky, but he still had more ints.

Shoulder surgery can be repaired. Thats why they do it. My rotator is all effed up. docs told me 100% recovery if i get it fixed. Sadly i can not afford to fix it, but bradford can afford the best docs in the industry. His shoulder will be fine.

WolfpackGuy
02-25-2010, 03:52 PM
Goddammit, I wish the Broncos had their own first round pick.

There, fixed it.

I not only fell off the wagon. It ran me over.

LOL

gunns
02-25-2010, 05:04 PM
What about Eric Beeeeeeeeeeeeeerry?

Nope, I want Earl Thomas.

You have an innate knack of tracking down the female post to consistently make some snide post. Oedipus complex? Or just a superiority complex?

boppool
02-25-2010, 05:17 PM
I'm not sure if anyone should invest that much money and #1 overall pick on a guy with a shoulder injury history... But then again, it's Rams. Oh well...

RaiderH8r
02-26-2010, 08:25 AM
What?? We do. Seattle has ours, 14.

Makes my stomach turn every time I think of that. JFC, Fonzi f'ing Smith. McKid may be the only person in the world who would have sold Manhattan for less than the $24 in shiny beads.

RaiderH8r
02-26-2010, 08:27 AM
I don't recall Brees having shoulder issues coming out of college.

No, he had shoulder issues coming out of a Lynch hit. :strong:

SpringStein
02-26-2010, 08:38 AM
that and he weighs less than eddie royal.

Measured in at 6'4 1/4" weighing 236.

Hercules Rockefeller
02-26-2010, 08:44 AM
You have an innate knack of tracking down the female post to consistently make some snide post. Oedipus complex? Or just a superiority complex?

Yeah, because the only people I make snide comments to are the only 2 females on this site, you and Blue. Oh wait, I do make snide comments all the time and there are more than 2 females on this site. Maybe if you hadn't harped on Ed Reed for almost 8 years when he wouldn't have been picked anyway if they didn't draft Lelie, you wouldn't get called out on it still? BTW, I'm not the only one who does it. Little help for you, anytime someone goes, "Ed Reeeeeeeeeed," in a thread, it's a dig at you even if they're not directly quoting your post.

gunns
02-26-2010, 09:02 AM
Yeah, because the only people I make snide comments to are the only 2 females on this site, you and Blue. Oh wait, I do make snide comments all the time and there are more than 2 females on this site. Maybe if you hadn't harped on Ed Reed for almost 8 years when he wouldn't have been picked anyway if they didn't draft Lelie, you wouldn't get called out on it still? BTW, I'm not the only one who does it. Little help for you, anytime someone goes, "Ed Reeeeeeeeeed," in a thread, it's a dig at you even if they're not directly quoting your post.

Gee I've only seen it from you. I'll have to pay more attention. But I sincerely doubt that I'm the only one that's "harped" on Ed Reed for the past 8 years. And you don't know if we would have or not used that pick on him, but it's water under the bridge and just another example of Shanahan's ineptness in the first round and on defense. You are right and I was wrong, you do the snide comments, constantly, to everyone, so it's obviously a superiority complex. I feel so much better. :egbgb:

colonelbeef
02-26-2010, 09:13 AM

haha

Hercules Rockefeller
02-26-2010, 09:18 AM
Gee I've only seen it from you. I'll have to pay more attention. But I sincerely doubt that I'm the only one that's "harped" on Ed Reed for the past 8 years. And you don't know if we would have or not used that pick on him, but it's water under the bridge and just another example of Shanahan's ineptness in the first round and on defense. You are right and I was wrong, you do the snide comments, constantly, to everyone, so it's obviously a superiority complex. I feel so much better. :egbgb:

God, go cry about it some more. Boo hoo, someone's picking on me on the Interwebz, I don't know what to do. This will surely affect my self-esteem and real life. Anyone who can't deal with what's said on the Interwebz has other issues that they should probably deal with first.

And if you haven't seen the "Ed Reeeeeeed" posts in any draft woulda, coulda, shoulda, draft thread, then I can't help.

Oh, and we do know who would have been picked had it not been Lelie, because the team said after the draft that the only player left besides Lelie out of their 5 1st round targets was Javon. It was also mentioned more than once after they traded for him, that Denver would have drafted him had Lelie not fallen to their spot.

ZONA
02-26-2010, 02:19 PM
As long as Colt McCoy slips down due to injury, if we had a shot at him in the early third, I would pull the trigger.

elsid13
02-26-2010, 02:33 PM
As long as Colt McCoy slips down due to injury, if we had a shot at him in the early third, I would pull the trigger.

He measured in just 6'1, with 9 3/8 hands. Not the best measurable s for a QB

Archer81
02-26-2010, 02:58 PM
He measured in just 6'1, with 9 3/8 hands. Not the best measurable s for a QB

Drew Brees kind of shoots that argument in the face.

elsid13
02-26-2010, 03:04 PM

Brees is an outlier is not within the SD height/weight of most starting NFL QBs.

Archer81
02-26-2010, 03:06 PM
Brees is an outlier is not within the SD height/weight of most starting NFL QBs.

I think I understood what you posted, but not every QB needs to be 6'3, 240 pounds with banana hands. Success is not contingent on physical size.

elsid13
02-26-2010, 03:11 PM
I think I understood what you posted, but not every QB needs to be 6'3, 240 pounds with banana hands. Success is not contingent on physical size.

There are exception to every rule, but in general most of the starting QB in NFL are between 6'3 to 6'6 range (gives them ability to see over the line). The smaller QB need to really find passing lanes and been good pre-snap reads. Physical size isn't only reason for success, but it sure helps.

uplink
03-01-2010, 07:03 PM
He didn't guarantee the 1st pick in the draft, he guaranteed the 1st pick in the Northern Michigan restaurant contest http://www.mynorth.com/My-North/February-2010/Ready-Get-Set-to-Vote-for-Your-Favorite-Northern-Michigan-Food-Finds/

azbroncfan
03-02-2010, 05:47 AM

If you want to be a high first round pick in the draft the argument works.