PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Atwater/Okoye clip to teach high school physics!

OrangeDoofus
02-24-2010, 06:50 AM
Hey, everyone. I've been a member here for a long time but I haven't posted much in the last few years.

I'm a student teacher this semester teaching high school physics, and I've got a unit coming up on momentum, impulse, and collisions. I'm planning to use the legendary Atwater-Okoye hit to lead into the lesson. And yes, I will be teaching this lesson in a Broncos jersey.

What I'm looking for is a good-quality video clip of the hit. I've seen the stuff on YouTube, and I can use that if necessary, but I'd prefer to have something in higher resolution/quality. I'm not expecting full 1080p HD or anything like that obviously, but a good, reasonably clean standard-def clip of the whole play would be great. I want to be able to see Okoye taking the handoff and running, so the students can estimate his speed going into the hit.

I can edit it and clip it down to what I need, so if I have to pull it out of a full-game video, that's fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: In case someone needs it, the hit was on MNF on Sept. 17, 1990.

Baba Booey
02-24-2010, 07:19 AM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yScioc_dmXg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yScioc_dmXg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Awesome.

oubronco
02-24-2010, 07:37 AM
Atwater is one of my alltime favorite Broncos

colonelbeef
02-24-2010, 07:42 AM
Awesome

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-24-2010, 08:15 AM
That is a great idea.

Cmac821
02-24-2010, 01:14 PM
Wish you were my physics teacher, I am 1 of 2 guys in my physics class so the sports is kept at a minimum

OABB
02-24-2010, 01:33 PM
Use lt's career to show the descent of gravity.

cmhargrove
02-24-2010, 02:09 PM
What about Al Wilson vs. Zack Crockett from that snow game a few years back. Great hit, but i'm still pissed we lost that game...

BigPlayShay
02-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Let me know if you want the play directly from the broadcast as well. I could throw it up on youtube for you.

OrangeDoofus
02-26-2010, 06:45 AM
Let me know if you want the play directly from the broadcast as well. I could throw it up on youtube for you.
That would be great! Even better would be if you could get me a raw video file, like a wmv or whatever so I could just embed it in my powerpoint. (Is there some way to download a clip off youtube?)

The youtube vid Neckbeard posted above is okay, but I'd much rather have one without the interviews and the other filler.

OrangeDoofus
03-01-2010, 04:15 AM
Little update to this thread: BigPlayShay hooked me up with a crystal-clear mpeg of the actual play from the game. Thanks to everyone for helping me out!

HILife
03-01-2010, 07:28 AM
Wish you were my physics teacher, I am 1 of 2 guys in my physics class so the sports is kept at a minimum

You are so lucky. By law of numbers you are guarantee at least one girl.

uplink
03-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Isn't this a complicated example of 2 body momentum conservation since the players likely pushed off from the Earth during their interaction? I bet Atwater probably moved the Earth a few inches.