PDA

View Full Version : Cromartie tries to keep up with Travis Henry

DennisSmithHOF
02-24-2010, 06:12 AM
This is awesome:

http://rumorsandrants.com/2010/02/antonio-cromartie-has-big-boy-problems.html

oubronco
02-24-2010, 06:25 AM
San Diego Chargers cornerback Antonio Cromartie was likely on his way to being traded this offseason because team management doesn’t think he’s tough enough. Cromartie is easily one of the most athletically gifted players in the NFL and just two years ago he was a Pro Bowler who snagged a club record 10 interceptions. Turns out he’s also apparently unaware of the existence of any form of birth control.
An attorney for the mother of one of his children claims Cromartie is past due on $25,000 in child support (http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/feb/17/1s18cromartie/) after missing his Feb. 1 payment date for a few of his kids. Apparently the Florida State product has had issues with paying his support on time in the past.
Here’s the kicker, the San Diego Union-Tribune states that, “Cromartie, 25, has at least seven children with six different women in five states.”
Let’s break that quote down in sections.
AT LEAST seven children? That means we’re not even sure that’s the right number! When you can’t remember how many kids you actually have, that’s a serious problem.
SIX different women? After the first four did he not think it would be a good idea to wrap up when he met a new girl? Personally I think one night he was out at a club, saw a lovely young woman and the first thing he thought was “yeah baby, I could totally see you as the mother of my next illegitimate child.” I’m sorry but to have that many children when you’re not trying you have to either be stupid or trying for it. I’m banking on the former for Mr. Cromartie.
FIVE different states? What, you didn’t want your baby-mamas to find out about each other or something? Why so many states? I mean if you’re going to be spending so much money on child support is it really wise to be traveling so much? No wonder he’s late on his payments, the airline bills for all the personal life baggage he totes around must be insane.
Cromartie signed a five-year contract with $7.35 million in guarantees after being drafted in 2006. For one daughter he owes $3,500 monthly. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that if each kid gets that much cash, that would be $24,500 a month. That’s $294,000 a year. After taxes he’s probably pulling in around $735,000 a year. When you toss in court fees, lawyers, etc, it means the dude is losing about half his yearly salary paying child support and related expenses.
Wow. Just, wow.
And it wont end any time soon for Cromartie. All of his kids are under six years of age, which means he’s going to be paying for them all for at least 12 more years. At a minimum he’ll spend $3.528 million in child support over that span.
Antonio, this is just between you and me. I’m looking you in the eye (via the internet), seriously, wrap it up. No more freaking kids. Got it?
Thanks.

Boys been busy

ColoradoDarin
02-24-2010, 07:19 AM
Awesome? More like sad. Even if he pays all the child support, he's never going to be a full time father to those kids.

yerner
02-24-2010, 07:25 AM
They did an Outside the Lines report on the FSU football program. Fred Rouse, a former player, specifically poinet to Cromartie as a guy that had about a 2nd grade education level. Can't remember the specifics but it was basically like the guy was borderline moronic.

WolfpackGuy
02-24-2010, 07:27 AM
Does Cromartie know what causes it?

What a dumb ****.

DennisSmithHOF
02-24-2010, 07:29 AM
ColoradoDarin: I was referring to more bad crap happening to the Dolts as being awesome. Obviously failure to pay child support isn't awesome.

Broncomutt
02-24-2010, 07:30 AM
Does Cromartie know what causes it?

:spit:

boltaneer
02-24-2010, 09:21 AM
ColoradoDarin: I was referring to more bad crap happening to the Dolts as being awesome. Obviously failure to pay child support isn't awesome.

Weird logic. He isn't going to be a Charger for much longer anyway for other reasons other than this story being true or not.

It's like a Charger fan thinking it's awesome that Brandon Marshall likes to smack women around.

It's a sad story for the kids. I don't see anything awesome about it no matter what team he plays for.

Archer81
02-24-2010, 09:32 AM
Awesome? More like sad. Even if he pays all the child support, he's never going to be a full time father to those kids.

I smell a new reality TV series...

:Broncos:

azbroncfan
02-24-2010, 09:34 AM
Spreading the seed to all the baby's momma's. Way to go Antonio. Your the man just too bad not too bright.

Rohirrim
02-24-2010, 10:01 AM
Like the old saying goes, "There's no cure for stupid."

bpc
02-24-2010, 11:23 AM
Weird logic. He isn't going to be a Charger for much longer anyway for other reasons other than this story being true or not.

It's like a Charger fan thinking it's awesome that Brandon Marshall likes to smack women around.

It's a sad story for the kids. I don't see anything awesome about it no matter what team he plays for.

Yup. It's sad.

OABB
02-24-2010, 11:39 AM
With lt gone there is no one on that team that is redeemable in any way except for maybe gates. What a bunch of immature losers. No wonder they can't get over the hump. Champagne in week six...god I hate them. The raiders are more respectable.