PDA

View Full Version : Rumors: Asomugha to Jets could be back on

The MVPlaya
02-23-2010, 02:09 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2ffeatures%2frumors

It's an insider thing and could be just fluff... but the thought of it isn't exactly heart warming for the AFC.

Rabb
02-23-2010, 02:10 PM
my God him and Revis would be just unfair

Doggcow
02-23-2010, 02:12 PM

Naw, that's why they start Sanchez at QB.

The MVPlaya
02-23-2010, 02:12 PM
Naw, that's why they start Sanchez at QB.

Sanchez was a first year QB, he should improve in his second year.

Dukes
02-23-2010, 02:14 PM

Completely

TDmvp
02-23-2010, 02:15 PM
Looking back even tho I was VERY anti us moving up for dirty sanchez pre draft , now after seeing Orton for a year AND with what we ended up getting with our picks a part of me almost wishes we did....

Chris
02-23-2010, 02:16 PM
Looking back even tho I was VERY anti us moving up for dirty sanchez pre draft , now after seeing Orton for a year AND with what we ended up getting with our picks a part of me almost wishes we did....

That's called hindsight.

s0phr0syne
02-23-2010, 02:18 PM
I doubt how effective Sanchez could be under McD.

System >> Customizing to Players is the way it looks to be in Denver for the foreseeable future. Pros and Cons with that.

The MVPlaya
02-23-2010, 02:21 PM

System >> Customizing to Players is the way it looks to be in Denver for the foreseeable future. Pros and Cons with that.

If Orton could be, I think Sanchez could be. :rofl: Not sure how effective though because of how much experience the QB position requires.

Doggcow
02-23-2010, 02:23 PM

I personally believe System is always better than players.

E.g. Shanny with RB's...

misturanderson
02-23-2010, 02:26 PM

Why? He didn't really prove anything. He had a terrible rookie year on a very good team. He was a big part of why they barely made the playoffs. He had a few good games, but overall played like dog ****. I'm much more comfortable with Orton for the time being.

54% completions, 12 TDs to 20 Ints, and a 63 QB rating while throwing for under 2500 yards. What was there to like? A couple bombs that made sportscenter?

zdoor
02-23-2010, 04:09 PM
Why? He didn't really prove anything. He had a terrible rookie year on a very good team. He was a big part of why they barely made the playoffs. He had a few good games, but overall played like dog ****. I'm much more comfortable with Orton for the time being.

54% completions, 12 TDs to 20 Ints, and a 63 QB rating while throwing for under 2500 yards. What was there to like? A couple bombs that made sportscenter?

I thought he looked pretty damn good in the playoffs with a boatload of pressure on him to perform...

Doggcow
02-23-2010, 04:27 PM
I thought he looked pretty damn good in the playoffs with a boatload of pressure on him to perform...

And his defense won him those games.

snowspot66
02-23-2010, 04:53 PM
Let the Jets have him. Less talent for the Raiders and just ties up major resources in two CB's for the Jets. Not a wise investment in this league really.

misturanderson
02-23-2010, 04:58 PM

He looked good (with a crap-load of help from his running game and defense) against a team that didn't even show up in Cinci, then like dog **** again against SD and then had decent stats against Indy (I didn't actually watch this game).

He didn't look terrible in the playoffs, but I wouldn't have called his performance "damn good." He also did it behind a line full of 1st round draft picks, and with the #1 defense and running game in the league.

I will concede that his playoff performance was fairly impressive for a rookie. If he can build on that, then he could become a good QB in the next couple years.

He was extremely lucky that his team didn't miss the playoffs because of his play during the rgular season though.

misturanderson
02-23-2010, 05:03 PM
Let the Jets have him. Less talent for the Raiders and just ties up major resources in two CB's for the Jets. Not a wise investment in this league really.

I can't read the article, but it seems idiotic to even speculate that they would be so stupid as to pay for two of the top three CBs in the league. They would be much better off going after Marshall or Boldin. They need to improve their passing offense more than anything right now, and CB would be one of the last positions on their defense that needs a major upgrade.

bronco militia
02-23-2010, 05:24 PM
I can't read the article, but it seems idiotic to even speculate that they would be so stupid as to pay for two of the top three CBs in the league. They would be much better off going after Marshall or Boldin. They need to improve their passing offense more than anything right now, and CB would be one of the last positions on their defense that needs a major upgrade.

it would only be stupid if there's a salary cap

Clockwork Orange
02-23-2010, 05:29 PM
It actually makes sense for a team like the Jets that blitzes the hell out of their opponents and leaves their corners in one on one coverage as often as they do.

Br0nc0Buster
02-23-2010, 05:32 PM
Asomugha is a very good player and he deserves to play on a team that isnt complete dog**** every year

zdoor
02-23-2010, 08:30 PM
He looked good (with a crap-load of help from his running game and defense) against a team that didn't even show up in Cinci, then like dog **** again against SD and then had decent stats against Indy (I didn't actually watch this game).

He didn't look terrible in the playoffs, but I wouldn't have called his performance "damn good." He also did it behind a line full of 1st round draft picks, and with the #1 defense and running game in the league.

I will concede that his playoff performance was fairly impressive for a rookie. If he can build on that, then he could become a good QB in the next couple years.

He was extremely lucky that his team didn't miss the playoffs because of his play during the rgular season though.

I agree about the regular season but he looked extremely good to me for a rookie. I thought he made some great throws against Indy in the last game.

Tombstone RJ
02-24-2010, 08:17 AM
Great, I hope the faiders trade him! Really, what's the harm if he's traded and the faiders get a bushel of picks? If there's one franchise that will waste all that booty it's the faiders...

Requiem
02-24-2010, 08:42 AM
What a duo that would be!

oubronco
02-24-2010, 08:43 AM
The Jets would have a ridiculous secondary with Revis and Assmuncha

azbroncfan
02-24-2010, 08:55 AM
I personally believe System is always better than players.

E.g. Shanny with RB's...

Only will get you so far and will fail you like Shanny's running game did once the playoffs started excluding the SB years.

It comes down to talent at the end of the year/playoffs and the ability to beat your man straight up. Scheme and sytem advantages aren't there anymore.

oubronco
02-24-2010, 08:57 AM
Only will get you so far and will fail you like Shanny's running game did once the playoffs started excluding the SB years.

It comes down to talent at the end of the year/playoffs and the ability to beat your man straight up. Scheme and sytem advantages aren't there anymore.

Yep

ward63
02-24-2010, 10:06 AM
What's the free agency "final eight" plan that the Jets have?