PDA

View Full Version : Vincent Jackson gets jail time

cmhargrove
02-23-2010, 01:02 PM
Reports: Chargers' Jackson sentenced to jail time for DUI

Posted Feb. 23, 2010 @ 1:50 p.m.
By PFW staff
Chargers WR Vincent Jackson has been handed a four-day jail sentence and five years probation after pleading guilty to a 2009 DUI charge, according to two San Diego television stations.

Jackson, 27, was on probation for another DUI conviction when he was arrested in January of '09 for this charge. He also was arrested the day of the Chargers' playoff game against the Jets this past January for a traffic violation and was cited for driving with a suspended license and expired tags.

Jackson, who is coming off a Pro Bowl season with 68 catches for 1,167 yards and nine touchdowns, could be subject to at least a one-game suspension for violating the league's personal conduct policy. If no new CBA is in place before March 5, he is set to become a restricted free agent.

It would be nice if he gets suspended for an early game or two against the division. That is, assuming the Chargers don't try to unload him.

bronco militia
02-23-2010, 01:13 PM
[B]

. That is, assuming the Chargers don't try to unload him.

why would the chargers do that?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-23-2010, 01:16 PM
why would the chargers do that?

He is a free agent this year, I believe. Same situation as Marshall if I'm not mistaken.

cmhargrove
02-23-2010, 01:18 PM
He is a free agent this year, I believe. Same situation as Marshall if I'm not mistaken.

You are correct sir.

gyldenlove
02-23-2010, 01:22 PM
He will get at least 2 games on the sideline.

Rabb
02-23-2010, 01:23 PM
did BMarsh actually do any jail time?

I just want to get my facts straight before the inevitable debate on who is the better WR

bronco militia
02-23-2010, 01:26 PM
he has the same contract situation as B-marsh, but not the same amount of baggage.

broncosteven
02-23-2010, 01:35 PM
he has the same contract situation as B-marsh, but not the same amount of baggage.

I think in today's NFL all WR's have baggage.

dbfan21
02-23-2010, 01:41 PM
Reports: Chargers' Jackson sentenced to jail time for DUI

Posted Feb. 23, 2010 @ 1:50 p.m.
By PFW staff
Chargers WR Vincent Jackson has been handed a four-day jail sentence and five years probation after pleading guilty to a 2009 DUI charge, according to two San Diego television stations.

Jackson, 27, was on probation for another DUI conviction when he was arrested in January of '09 for this charge. He also was arrested the day of the Chargers' playoff game against the Jets this past January for a traffic violation and was cited for driving with a suspended license and expired tags.

Jackson, who is coming off a Pro Bowl season with 68 catches for 1,167 yards and nine touchdowns, could be subject to at least a one-game suspension for violating the league's personal conduct policy. If no new CBA is in place before March 5, he is set to become a restricted free agent.

It would be nice if he gets suspended for an early game or two against the division. That is, assuming the Chargers don't try to unload him.

:approve:

boltaneer
02-23-2010, 02:17 PM
Jared Allen got a two game suspension. I figure Jackson will probably get the same.

Xenos
02-23-2010, 02:42 PM
He's not getting jail time. It's more like community service that he has to dedicate his weekends to.

Doggcow
02-23-2010, 02:57 PM
Haha, and SD tries to rib us for Marshall.

Didn't he get pulled over on his way to the Jets game too?

Dudeskey
02-23-2010, 03:35 PM
I think in today's NFL all players have baggage.

Fixed :welcome:

The MVPlaya
02-23-2010, 03:35 PM
Haha, and SD tries to rib us for Marshall.

Didn't he get pulled over on his way to the Jets game too?

Yeah, he did. :rofl:

broncosteven
02-23-2010, 04:15 PM
Fixed :welcome:

There are some really good guys out there, we just don't hear about them.