PDA

View Full Version : Westbrook released

Dagmar
02-23-2010, 12:06 PM
The Eagles announced today they have released running back Brian Westbrook. Coach Andy Reid had this to say.

"Brian is one of the greatest Eagles of all time and he is even a better person and leader," said head coach Andy Reid. "In my mind, there has not been a more versatile running back that the NFL has seen. I had a conversation with Brian this morning to let him know. This is by far the most difficult part of this job. We wanted to make this move now in order to maximize Brian's chances of landing with another NFL team."

The guy should retire. Concussions are bad...

WolfpackGuy
02-23-2010, 12:08 PM
What jersey will the Iggles fans buy now?

Baba Booey
02-23-2010, 12:09 PM
Agreed. Call it quits, Brian. Scrambling your brain is not worth it.

ColoradoDarin
02-23-2010, 12:09 PM
He was amazing on the field.

Maybe we could start a poll, better year next season: Westbrook or LDT?

Mr.Meanie
02-23-2010, 12:32 PM
Wow that sucks. The guy was simply amazing in his prime. Although he screwed me last year in FF. >:'(

cutthemdown
02-23-2010, 01:11 PM
He had a great career but I think its over.

cutthemdown
02-23-2010, 01:12 PM
Plus I have Lesean McCoy in my keeper league.

I will now keep:

1-Chris Johnson
2-Larry Fitzgerald
3-Lesean McCoy
4-Marques Colston

TonyR
02-23-2010, 01:27 PM
Maybe we could start a poll, better year next season: Westbrook or LDT?

That's a good question. I'd have to go with LT because I think he's more likely to play, although Westbrook certainly has more heart.

Smiling Assassin27
02-23-2010, 02:45 PM
Dawkins is placing a call to Westbrook as we speak, asking him to come to Denver and tutor Moreno, just like he's tutoring McBath.

dbfan21
02-23-2010, 02:46 PM
He was such a talented back, but he has been injured waaay too much over the last few years. Hang em up, Brian.

Doggcow
02-23-2010, 02:53 PM
God I love Westbrook, another amazing Eagle like Dawkins that just epitomizes what a football player should be. Stay healthy friend, you've given everything you can to the game, your health isn't worth prolonging an already amazing career.

Xenos
02-23-2010, 02:55 PM
That's a good question. I'd have to go with LT because I think he's more likely to play, although Westbrook certainly has more heart.
How so? They both leave games when injuries are too great even for them. For Westbrook it was the constant concussions, while LT it was the sprained MCL (the same injury that sidelined Troy Polmalalu) and a torn groin. LT has also never missed as many games as Westbrook because he fights through his injury until recently.

Doggcow
02-23-2010, 03:03 PM
How so? They both leave games when injuries are too great even for them. For Westbrook it was the constant concussions, while LT it was the sprained MCL (the same injury that sidelined Troy Polmalalu) and a torn groin. LT has also never missed as many games as Westbrook because he fights through his injury until recently.

Westbrook has more injuries because he plays harder for 60 minutes.

Xenos
02-23-2010, 03:06 PM
Westbrook has more injuries because he plays harder for 60 minutes.

That's a silly argument with no factual basis for it. If anything, it would seem that LT was simply the more durable of the two. He went through the entire 2004 season with a groin strain, and nearly half of the 2005 season with a broken rib and did not miss one game (except for that last 2004 game when Marty deactivated him). In fact, up until this year, he has never missed a game due to injury.

Doggcow
02-23-2010, 03:11 PM
That's a silly argument with no factual basis for it. If anything, it would seem that LT was simply the more durable of the two. He went through the entire 2004 season with a groin strain, and nearly half of the 2005 season with a broken rib and did not miss one game (except for that last 2004 game when Marty deactivated him). In fact, up until this year, he has never missed a game due to injury.

Concussions aren't a durability thing, they're a getting hit hard because you're fighting for every yard thing.

LT doesn't get concussions.

eddie mac
02-23-2010, 03:26 PM
Much like the Dolphins, the Eagles cannot release Brian yet until the 2009 league year ends due to cap reasons. He'll be released on March 5th.

Dudeskey
02-23-2010, 03:37 PM
Agreed. Call it quits, Brian. Scrambling your brain is not worth it.

Same could be said about Portis after that hit he took

Houshyamama
02-23-2010, 05:28 PM
Much like the Dolphins, the Eagles cannot release Brian yet until the 2009 league year ends due to cap reasons. He'll be released on March 5th.

How do you know all this ****?