PDA

View Full Version : Stay Classy Canada!!! It's only Curling.

cutthemdown
02-23-2010, 10:52 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/Canadian-curling-fans-leave-Danish-player-in-tea?urn=oly,221320

A Danish curler was brought to tears after a boisterous Canadian crowd intentionally distracted her during crucial shots in her team's match against the home nation. With the crowd stomping and making deafening noise, Denmark skip Madeleine Dupont missed two potentially game-winning shots and tearfully blamed the fans for it afterward. Canada won the match 5-4 in an extra end.

Such boorish fan behavior is normally considered unacceptable in the genteel world of curling.

I sure hope we take the gold in Hockey. We do and it's time to run it the Canadians face. These Canadians thought they could just talk there way into being a world sports power. Guess what it takes more then just talk to be winners.

Poor lil cute Danish girl probably needs to be tougher. But since when do you heckle the other team in curling? That would be like painting your face for a chess match.

bronco militia
02-23-2010, 10:55 AM
I'd love to dog pile on Canada this week, but in this case I just can't.

that chick needs to suck it up...

Garcia Bronco
02-23-2010, 10:56 AM
I'd love to dog pile on Canada this week, but in this case I just can't.

that chick needs to suck it up...

End of thread.

Doggcow
02-23-2010, 10:59 AM
Anyone see the Trinity Squash team thing they ran on ESPN the other day? Apparently trinity has been #1 ranked for 12 years and yadda yadda yadda, at the end of the match the guy who was like 6'7'' towering over his opponent who was maybe 5'8'' started screaming in the guys face, literally face to face maybe an inch apart.

I laughed at him. Who gives a **** bro, it's Squash.

SouthStndJunkie
02-23-2010, 11:01 AM
Anyone else hear or read about this?

Sidney Crosby blew his nose into his right hand and visibly smeared it around before shaking hands with the USA team.

Garcia Bronco
02-23-2010, 11:03 AM
Anyone else hear or read about this?

Sidney Crosby blew his nose into his right hand and visibly smeared it around before shaking hands with the USA team.

I wouldn't shake his hand if I saw that.

ColoradoBuff
02-23-2010, 11:05 AM
Canada finally won a medal. How's the medal count going for ya Canada? lol

WolfpackGuy
02-23-2010, 11:11 AM
How could the Danes hear the crowd over THEIR noise?

Speaking of girl curling, I'd take some of that Eve Muirhead from UK or Nicole Joraanstad from the US.

jhns
02-23-2010, 11:12 AM
They need to find more stuff to do for winter olympics. I don't get how this is a sport. I have seen 300 lb. fat chicks out there in the olympics. That alone shows you don't need near the skill or dedication that real sports take. I just don't understand.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-23-2010, 11:14 AM
Anyone see the Real Sports segment on Curling in Canada? Apparently its beyond huge there. I dont quite get it

cutthemdown
02-23-2010, 11:15 AM
End of thread.

So then it would be ok to be loud right during a triple jump in the female figure skating final? Could you just say after you influenced the result she should have been tougher?

Or do we do things different at the Olympics.

Heck were the rowdy ones and if I remember we didn't do that at the Olympics? LOL maybe we did though am I wrong?

no-pseudo-fan
02-23-2010, 11:15 AM
I don't like so called sports where the fans can not taunt the players.

cutthemdown
02-23-2010, 11:16 AM
Anyone see the Real Sports segment on Curling in Canada? Apparently its beyond huge there. I dont quite get it

Can't a host nation eliminate an event? Like how baseball got dropped? Curling out and a snowbunny hot ski girl event would be cool.

Really though what cool winter sport would take its place?

SonOfLe-loLang
02-23-2010, 11:17 AM
Can't a host nation eliminate an event? Like how baseball got dropped? Curling out and a snowbunny hot ski girl event would be cool.

Really though what cool winter sport would take its place?

I wasnt suggesting it be cut. I think curling is kinda funny and obviously takes some sort of skill. Keep it in. I think the IOC decides whats in and out.

Pick Six
02-23-2010, 11:17 AM
That's home field advantage. Somebody should have warned her that the crowd wasn't going to be nice to visitors...particularly since Canada can't seem to win many medals.

Garcia Bronco
02-23-2010, 11:19 AM
So then it would be ok to be loud right during a triple jump in the female figure skating final? Could you just say after you influenced the result she should have been tougher?

Or do we do things different at the Olympics.

Heck were the rowdy ones and if I remember we didn't do that at the Olympics? LOL maybe we did though am I wrong?

I say you are a semi-pro and should be prepared for that contingency. Harry Vardon had a quote for this...realting to Golf.

"There are two types of Golfers, ones who control their nerves and win championships, and those that do not." Not an exact quote, but you get the gist.

Irish Stout
02-23-2010, 11:20 AM
I personally love curling. Never played, but I am fascinated by it. At first I started watching thinking: "this has got to be a joke." But eventually I started seeing the strategy and the planning ahead, even thinking several ends in advance.

I agree its not exactly a sport... more like a game of skill and thought. There isn't any more athleticism to it than there is to bowling (if you got sweepers in bowling). Too bad the USA teams apparently suck. Maybe when I move to Denver I can join the Denver curling league and prep for my stint in the 2014 Olympics!

Am I the only one who finds this game captivating?

Irish Stout
02-23-2010, 11:22 AM
I say you are a semi-pro and should be prepared for that contingency.

In pro golf or tennis they toss you out if you're too loud during the match.

Garcia Bronco
02-23-2010, 11:22 AM
I personally love curling. Never played, but I am fascinated by it. At first I started watching thinking: "this has got to be a joke." But eventually I started seeing the strategy and the planning ahead, even thinking several ends in advance.

I agree its not exactly a sport... more like a game of skill and thought. There isn't any more athleticism to it than there is to bowling (if you got sweepers in bowling). Too bad the USA teams apparently suck. Maybe when I move to Denver I can join the Denver curling league and prep for my stint in the 2014 Olympics!

Am I the only one who finds this game captivating?

I enjoy it as well.

Garcia Bronco
02-23-2010, 11:27 AM
In pro golf or tennis they toss you out if you're too loud during the match.

Not if the entire crowd did it. All they could do is suspend play.

Smiling Assassin27
02-23-2010, 11:40 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/Canadian-curling-fans-leave-Danish-player-in-tea?urn=oly,221320

A Danish curler was brought to tears after a boisterous Canadian crowd intentionally distracted her during crucial shots in her team's match against the home nation. With the crowd stomping and making deafening noise, Denmark skip Madeleine Dupont missed two potentially game-winning shots and tearfully blamed the fans for it afterward. Canada won the match 5-4 in an extra end.

Such boorish fan behavior is normally considered unacceptable in the genteel world of curling.

I sure hope we take the gold in Hockey. We do and it's time to run it the Canadians face. These Canadians thought they could just talk there way into being a world sports power. Guess what it takes more then just talk to be winners.

Poor lil cute Danish girl probably needs to be tougher. But since when do you heckle the other team in curling? That would be like painting your face for a chess match.

I take the Tommy Lasorda position on this:

Listen, if you start worrying about the people in the stands, before too long you're up in the stands with them.

and this one--get that chick a sammich:

When we win, I'm so happy I eat a lot. When we lose, I'm so depressed, I eat a lot. When we're rained out, I'm so disappointed I eat a lot.

:thumbsup:

Dr. Broncenstein
02-23-2010, 11:40 AM
http://stuffandthingsblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/canada-americas-hat-tshirt-1.jpg

Borks147
02-23-2010, 11:44 AM
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7458/eptsportsolyexperts9998.jpg (http://img215.imageshack.us/i/eptsportsolyexperts9998.jpg/)

hahahahahahahahaha

Dagmar
02-23-2010, 11:51 AM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/funny-pictures-moose-jet-planes.jpg

but...

http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/celebrity-pictures-britney-spears-move-canada.jpg

ColoradoDarin
02-23-2010, 11:57 AM
Home ice has its advantages! So she 'Shustered' her last couple of rocks because of some noise? So much for Canada nice.

PS why aren't they called Canadans? Or better yet, I refer to them as Canadia.

bronco militia
02-23-2010, 12:03 PM
http://www.kazan-the-man.com/hosted/funnypics/canadian%20navy.jpg

Archer81
02-23-2010, 12:16 PM
Canada, where you cant be too drunk or too fat...H. Simpson (He was talking about Alaska, but this seems to transition nicely...)

:Broncos:

Killericon
02-23-2010, 12:20 PM

The booing during Curling is ****ing abhorent, but noone here thinks we can talk out way to being a "sports super power". People here have been scared about EVERY hockey game. The US-Canada game was the most watched sporting event in Canadian history.

azbroncfan
02-23-2010, 12:31 PM

It seems like shuffleboard on ice. Is shuffleboard in summer olympics?

cdabroncofan
02-23-2010, 12:43 PM
Lets not talk about Canada's medal count, when you look at the population of the U.S compared to that of Canada you guys should have more than 25 to our 10.

Rabb
02-23-2010, 12:46 PM
Lets not talk about Canada's medal count, when you look at the population of the U.S compared to that of Canada you guys should have more than 25 to our 10.

other than that whole beating you at your own sport thing, sure

ghwk
02-23-2010, 12:46 PM
I think this sport would be a whole lot more interesting if it became a requirement to do a shot of Jack every time a rock landed within the colored circles. These folks wold be so jacked up that it would actually be a deterrent to winning so if you want it you have to want it BAD. Then the match would be immediately followed by a projectile vomiting competition.

Seriously, curling is the ultimate drinking game. 60 pound rocks, ice, brooms and ice princesses. It just doesn't get any better than that.

Raidersbane
02-23-2010, 12:48 PM
Obviously no one here has ever participated in an actual curling match. The best part happens afterward when the whisky is brought out. Curling was invented in Scotland after all....

Rohirrim
02-23-2010, 12:52 PM
Obviously, given that the "sport" was invented in Scotland, it was devised so that you could participate, but still have a free hand to hold your drink. Looks to me like it was created by bored ice fisherman who came up with a gambling game to slide a rock nearest the hole in the ice, without having the rock fall in.

cdabroncofan
02-23-2010, 12:54 PM

I must have missed when they presented you guys with the Gold medal.

BroncosSR
02-23-2010, 01:05 PM

Really? We'll beat Canada in hockey 1 out of 10 times... There's really no point in talking trash about winning that game. The majority of the world's best players (less Ovechkin) are Canadian.

cutthemdown
02-23-2010, 01:06 PM

Not really because we could send 3-4 Olympic teams that could compete with yours. We have athletes sitting at home who would be stars on most Olympic teams. Not every sport mind you, and not really winter games.

The real studs are Germany who competes with what about 100 million people to our 300 million, and then Norway etc etc, some of these really small countries put out some great winter Olympians.

This is only funny because of the Own The Podium mantra. Canadians had to know that unless you came through you would take some ribbing from that.

It's all good Canada and America are great friends. I was treated so well in Vancouver it made me want to live there. Great country, great people, and pretty darn good sports also. It's not easy living next door to arrogant America.

cutthemdown
02-23-2010, 01:08 PM
Really? We'll beat Canada in hockey 1 out of 10 times... There's really no point in talking trash about winning that game. The majority of the world's best players (less Ovechkin) are Canadian.

Yeah but it would be like them beating us in Basketball or Football. Or Americans winning the world cup etc etc. Some sports just usually dominated by the country who invented it.

Really though NHL is American. It's not a reach that America has some pretty good hockey players. Sometimes talent not enough in team sports. It takes chemistry and probably some luck also.

Killericon
02-23-2010, 01:09 PM

Exactly why I don't feel all inferior about losing to you guys. Or in 2006. We're still the greatest country for hockey on earth. How we assemble our Olympic team often makes it seem like we're not, but everyone knows it.

RE: Curling. Yeah, it's huge. We love it. No idea why, but I personally love it. I can watch it more than I can watch baseball, and Curling is, objectively, much more boring. I don't get it.

Anyways, here's Tom Brokaw.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tYoTJItSPt0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tYoTJItSPt0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

cutthemdown
02-23-2010, 01:09 PM
I don't know a lot about Hockey, but that puck sure bounces all over. Sometimes it seems to just bounce perfect and a guy gets a good shot. Other times it just seems like total chaos to me. I like it though, its physical, fast, I think I could get into it.

Houshyamama
02-23-2010, 01:15 PM

Oh good, the excuses start. I love this part!!

I wonder how it felt for the Canadians to lose on home ice to the hated Americans. Gotta love it.

Canada can suck it.

Their 'Own The Podium' campaign goes against the spirit of Olympic competition. It's like Portugal throwing 110M at a campaign to get the most medals at the next summer Olympics.

Rabb
02-23-2010, 01:16 PM

oh please, that is exactly why it's exciting...we shouldn't be winning that game

Killericon
02-23-2010, 01:17 PM
I don't know a lot about Hockey, but that puck sure bounces all over. Sometimes it seems to just bounce perfect and a guy gets a good shot. Other times it just seems like total chaos to me. I like it though, its physical, fast, I think I could get into it.

Sometimes I watch it and it's like poetry. Sometimes it like molasses.

I'm not going to lie, I like football better, but Hockey is a close second. (Followed closely by Curling).

cdabroncofan
02-23-2010, 01:30 PM
Oh good, the excuses start. I love this part!!

I wonder how it felt for the Canadians to lose on home ice to the hated Americans. Gotta love it.

Canada can suck it.

Their 'Own The Podium' campaign goes against the spirit of Olympic competition. It's like Portugal throwing 110M at a campaign to get the most medals at the next summer Olympics.

Ya but we win when it counts. Remember Salt Lake City. The tournamant starts tonight. All joking aside if Canada gets eliminated the states will have one more fan for the rest of the tournament.

snowspot66
02-23-2010, 01:38 PM
Don't any of you ****ers b**** about curling. When my brother and I reach our 50's, we'll be old and fat but have money and free time it's going to be our only shot at competing in the Olympics. Don't ruin it for us!

Irish Stout
02-23-2010, 01:51 PM

We should have 100 medals? That would be a lot... I would feel bad for other countries.

Pontius Pirate
02-23-2010, 02:05 PM

You missed the best part of the story! This chick has recently been exposed as having posed nude recently:

http://deadspin.com/5476613/boorish-canadians-make-our-favorite-curler-cry

Pony Boy
02-23-2010, 02:06 PM

Killericon
02-23-2010, 02:22 PM
After the US-Canada game, downgoesbrown(Very funny Maple Leafs blogger) said "It's clear what's wrong here...The Canadian developmental system just isn't producing enough Ryans."

Drek
02-23-2010, 02:36 PM

Well lets be fair here. The U.S. takes well over 75% of its athletic talent pool and dedicates it towards football, baseball, and basketball. Hockey and the various other Winter Olympic sports rank pretty low on our nation's priorities when it comes to where athletes and funding gets focused.

Hell, the Colbert nation had to sponsor our speed skating team because no one really gives a **** and they've won a few medals already. So apparently one of the better speed skating teams, and we as a nation didn't give a **** enough to give them the equivalent of one year of NFL vet minimum salary to represent in Vancouver without a telethon-esque drive to get them in.

Pick Six
02-23-2010, 02:40 PM
You missed the best part of the story! This chick has recently been exposed as having posed nude recently:

http://deadspin.com/5476613/boorish-canadians-make-our-favorite-curler-cry

I remember seeing her. She's pretty hot. I'll have to look for the "rest of her" when I get home...:yayaya:

slyinky
02-23-2010, 02:46 PM
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7458/eptsportsolyexperts9998.jpg

I have a strong urge to offer this poor curling girl some spooning... Of course, she'd still have to earn it.

OABB
02-23-2010, 04:52 PM
Curling is way more interesting to watch than golf at least. No one that actually likes golf or golfers has any right to insult curlers or curling here. that is all.

Clockwork Orange
02-23-2010, 06:33 PM
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7458/eptsportsolyexperts9998.jpg (http://img215.imageshack.us/i/eptsportsolyexperts9998.jpg/)

hahahahahahahahaha

I didn't know Courtney Love was Danish.

BroncosSR
02-23-2010, 06:54 PM
oh please, that is exactly why it's exciting...we shouldn't be winning that game

Agreed but why talk trash? Act like you've been there. Show some humility. It's definitely exciting that we won, no doubt about it. I'm a huge hockey fan and the US winning was awesome. I was on my seat the entire game. But the fact remains is that while it was a great win, it was only one win. They dominate the sport. We just got lucky one game. I'll enjoy the win, but I'm not going to shove it in their face like above...

Rabb
02-23-2010, 07:16 PM
Agreed but why talk trash? Act like you've been there. Show some humility. It's definitely exciting that we won, no doubt about it. I'm a huge hockey fan and the US winning was awesome. I was on my seat the entire game. But the fact remains is that while it was a great win, it was only one win. They dominate the sport. We just got lucky one game. I'll enjoy the win, but I'm not going to shove it in their face like above...

good point, I was just playing around...but you are right

chadta
02-23-2010, 07:36 PM
jeese if we started a thread like this every time you Americans did something stupid the entire internet would grind to a halt.

Houshyamama
02-23-2010, 10:43 PM
Curling is way more interesting to watch than golf at least. No one that actually likes golf or golfers has any right to insult curlers or curling here. that is all.

looks like we got a curling fan Hilarious!

Dagmar
02-23-2010, 10:50 PM
I didn't know Courtney Love was Danish.

:spit:

:notworthy

El Jué
02-23-2010, 10:58 PM
We're still the greatest country for hockey on earth.

This guest announcement was sponsored by the U.S.A. — The leading importer of landscapers and hockey players in North America.

cdabroncofan
02-28-2010, 05:34 PM

What did l tell you.

cdabroncofan
02-28-2010, 05:35 PM
We win when it counts my friend.

Killericon
02-28-2010, 05:42 PM
Ugh. Fail bump.

gyldenlove
02-28-2010, 06:55 PM
Well lets be fair here. The U.S. takes well over 75% of its athletic talent pool and dedicates it towards football, baseball, and basketball. Hockey and the various other Winter Olympic sports rank pretty low on our nation's priorities when it comes to where athletes and funding gets focused.

Hell, the Colbert nation had to sponsor our speed skating team because no one really gives a **** and they've won a few medals already. So apparently one of the better speed skating teams, and we as a nation didn't give a **** enough to give them the equivalent of one year of NFL vet minimum salary to represent in Vancouver without a telethon-esque drive to get them in.

Speed skating is like masturbation, not nearly as good as the real thing and something most people would be embarrassed to talk about or be associated with.

Rabb
02-28-2010, 08:48 PM
What did l tell you.

congrats!

That One Guy
02-28-2010, 09:38 PM
So... more importantly... did anyone locate the topless photos of the chick? A quick image search on yahoo got me nothing.

Broncos4tw
02-28-2010, 10:24 PM
Winter Olympics just don't excite me overly much. Only the hockey is worth a spit.

If the luge is a sport, then so is the log ride at Elitch's.

snowspot66
02-28-2010, 11:54 PM
Speed skating is like masturbation, not nearly as good as the real thing and something most people would be embarrassed to talk about or be associated with.

Not so. Short track is intense and could be great television with controversial DQ's and the like.

BroncoMan4ever
03-01-2010, 02:40 AM

exactly. the majority of the American winter olympic team(outside of Shaun White) are not known in the USA, and most of them are on sponsorship deals they made themselves so they would have the money to go represent their country. outside of the main sports in the USA, football, baseball, basketball and to a degree hockey, we don't give any real attention to anything else sports related, and when it comes to money the majority of our olympians are on their own.

nations like Canada, Germany, Russia, China, spend millions on training their representitives and the olympics or any international competition is a huge thing for those countries and do nothing but train their athletes for years until they are olympic ready.

Bronco Yoda
03-01-2010, 03:15 AM
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs113.snc3/16060_308931155544_561235544_9291781_2642529_n.jpg

That One Guy
03-01-2010, 05:52 AM
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs113.snc3/16060_308931155544_561235544_9291781_2642529_n.jpg

Argh... we need the rest!!

I shall bump this thread until I've seen her topless.

Killericon
03-01-2010, 06:36 AM
Winter Olympics just don't excite me overly much. Only the hockey is worth a spit.

If the luge is a sport, then so is the log ride at Elitch's.

Make fun of Ice Dancing if you want, but only real men hop on a sled and go flying down a sheet of ice at 140+ kilometres per hour.

Though, on the other hand, luge is for the guys who **** themselves when they try skeleton.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5OBTyicx2vQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5OBTyicx2vQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DHallblows
03-01-2010, 07:09 AM
Make fun of Ice Dancing if you want, but only real men hop on a sled and go flying down a sheet of ice at 140+ kilometres per hour.

hehehe oh Canadians...