PDA

View Full Version : State of the Broncos: What the 2009 Film Revealed

Bronco Rob
02-23-2010, 03:53 AM
State of the Broncos: What the 2009 Film Revealed

by ANDY BENOIT
February 23, 2010, 6:09 am

Offense

The coaching staff did a marvelous job of hiding Kyle Orton’s limitations early in the year. Orton didn’t show much of a gun, but he made sound decisions in Josh McDaniels’s controlled spread. However, once defenses realized that the way to beat Denver was to “attack, not react,” things changed. The offensive line battled a few injuries and became uncharacteristically vulnerable in pass protection. The receiving corps wasn’t quite as good as its numbers (a lot of middling passes, few big plays). Brandon Marshall showed the best hands in the game, but his dominance was rarely enough (case in point, Marshall’s 21-catch performance at Indy came in a loss). Knowshon Moreno, a herky-jerky but athletic runner, offered encouraging signs

Defense

The machine was substantially better than its parts. The only players who stood out were OLB Elvis Dumervil (fantastic leverage, explosive motor) and SS Brian Dawkins (superb instincts, quick at point of attack). For the most part, the secondary responded well to the demands of frequent man coverage. CB Andre Goodman often looked better than Pro Bowler Champ Bailey. The defensive line was easy to forget, which, in a 3-4, isn’t quite as bad as it sounds. But an underwhelming front line intensified the burden on the linebackers. As a unit, the linebackers were inconsistent.

Top 5 Needs

1. Quarterback

The last seven Super Bowls have been won by Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning and Drew Brees. Do you see any caretakers here?

2. Nose Tackle

Ronald Fields is decent, but he could take Ryan McBean’s spot at LDE and leave the nose duties for a bigger-bodied, double-team attractor. A tough nose tackle may also allow the athletic ILB D.J. Williams to flourish.

3. Inside Offensive Lineman

Center Casey Wiegmann showed hints of decline late last season. He’ll be 37 in July. Wiegmann can last one more year, but it would help to get a more consistent pass-blocker next to him at left guard. Ben Hamilton lost his starting job to Russ Hochstein. Hochstein, an unrestricted free agent, hurt a knee and wasn’t impressive enough to warrant a major contract.

4. Defensive End

The hope is that last year’s first-rounder Robert Ayers can ignite the pass-rush opposite Dumervil. If that proves true, then the biggest need up front becomes DE. Kenny Peterson is strong but average, and Ryan McBean is a tad too slim to be an imposing anchor.

5. Wide Receiver

Brandon Marshall is too gifted to trade. If he’s remotely happy, he’s worth keeping. But Marshall may need a more potent counterpart. Eddie Royal disappeared in the new offense. Jabar Gaffney is too methodical to start, and Brandon Stokley works best as a No. 3. If the coaches have doubts about Royal, they may want to find another source of speed.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/02/23/state-of-the-broncos-what-the-2009-film-revealed/#more-39313

Beantown Bronco
02-23-2010, 04:23 AM
Top 5 Needs

1. Quarterback[/b][/size]

The last seven Super Bowls have been won by Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning and Drew Brees. Do you see any caretakers here?

Actually, yes.

That's exactly what Tom Brady was in his first SB run. Same for Big Ben in his first. Same for Eli in his.

All three relied on their defense and/or running game to take the lead while the QBs were not asked to do too much.

Drek
02-23-2010, 04:44 AM
This is a collection of some of the worst football takes I've ever seen.

Top 5 Needs

1. Quarterback

Brady, Peyton Manning, and Drew Brees are all caretakers. They're all game managers. They just happen to do it so well that you can't stop them. 5-10 yards at a time they eat you up and when you try to protect against it they hit you deep. None of them have a particularly great arm, they're just accurate in the short to intermediate and have enough arm to keep you honest.

Eli Manning is an average QB who needs to learn that kind of game management, and won his title off the back of an elite D and running game.

Roethlisberger is the only one to win a championship going full gun slinger in '08, but his '05 title came on the back of an elite D with him just playing game manager and trying to not handicap them too much.

2. Nose Tackle

Ronald Fields is decent, but he could take Ryan McBean’s spot at LDE and leave the nose duties for a bigger-bodied, double-team attractor. A tough nose tackle may also allow the athletic ILB D.J. Williams to flourish.

Any team that doesn't keep a steady rotation at NT is going to struggle in teh 3-4. Fields should be part of an NT tandem, not moved off to LDE to replace a young player who actually did pretty well last season in his first shot at regular NFL playing time.

Center Casey Wiegmann showed hints of decline late last season. He’ll be 37 in July. Wiegmann can last one more year, but it would help to get a more consistent pass-blocker next to him at left guard. Ben Hamilton lost his starting job to Russ Hochstein. Hochstein, an unrestricted free agent, hurt a knee and wasn’t impressive enough to warrant a major contract.
Who thinks Hochstein will get a major contract? He'll be back at probably the veteran minimum. Other than that this is the biggest "no ****" statement you can make about the '09 Broncos. I really don't think you need to look at the film to figure that out.

4. Defensive End

The hope is that last year’s first-rounder Robert Ayers can ignite the pass-rush opposite Dumervil. If that proves true, then the biggest need up front becomes DE. Kenny Peterson is strong but average, and Ryan McBean is a tad too slim to be an imposing anchor.
Ryan McBean weighs 297 ****ing pounds. He's 6'5" so he doesn't look like a fatty, but he's the prototypical 3-4 DE physically. He isn't too slim for ****.

****. I mean Ryan McBean is 25 YEARS OLD. He started all 14 games he played in last year. He's an athletic, gigantic beast. He's probably the single best 3-4 DL talent we have on the roster right now, except maybe Chris Baker as a dark horse. He's the kind of guy we should be hoping to draft in rounds 2-4 in the upcoming draft, not replace.

Other than the irrational hate on McBean though? Yeah, we could use more help at DE. But replacing McBean isn't the answer, complimenting him while he continues to develop is.

5. Wide Receiver

Brandon Marshall is too gifted to trade. If he’s remotely happy, he’s worth keeping. But Marshall may need a more potent counterpart. Eddie Royal disappeared in the new offense. Jabar Gaffney is too methodical to start, and Brandon Stokley works best as a No. 3. If the coaches have doubts about Royal, they may want to find another source of speed.
Who said it was even going to be our choice? I could see several teams with late 1st round picks willing to give up a 1st and 3rd to grab Mashall.

However if what we've seen from Marshall the last few years is what qualifies as "remotely happy" then he's a bigger problem than his production gives on the field and should be moved. No one player makes a team win and Marshall's bull**** disrupts the unity and focus of the team. Its as simple as that.

As for hating on Gaffney - was his methodical play holding him back when he put up 213 yards against KC to close out the season in Marshall's stead? If he wasn't so "methodical" would he have gone for 300? If Marshall moves on he's probably the best guy short of Anquan Boldin or another elite possession WR to take the Y role in this offense that Marshall has been playing. It as his job in New England and he's shown he can excel in it.

The cure at WR is getting a tall speed threat so that Royal can move to the slot and not be asked to be the field stretcher. At that point it'll all fall into place much better.

I can't imagine the person who wrote this actually reviewed film in putting this together. Its vague and frequently completely off the mark.

Bronco Rob
02-23-2010, 04:50 AM
I can't imagine the person who wrote this actually reviewed film in putting this together. Its vague and frequently completely off the mark.

Andy Benoit is the founder of NFLTouchdown.com

http://NFLTouchdown.com

go get 'em Drek!

:thumbsup:

Drek
02-23-2010, 04:58 AM
Andy Benoit is the founder of NFLTouchdown.com

http://NFLTouchdown.com

go get 'em Drek!

:thumbsup:

Explains it. Another blogger who thinks his fingers fire off pure gold into the keyboard.

I like the comments on the left hand side of his page though. So Tony Kornheiser, John Madden, Chris Berman, etc. all just love this site? Then why is this clown still writing **** for free and not talking about it on the four letter or some other paying soap box?

cutthemdown
02-23-2010, 05:47 AM
Mcbean doesn't play very low to the ground and 300 pounds is right at the tweener size for 3-4 dend. For sure he got pushed around last yr. Peterson sort of just not that good, but good enough to have a spot on the team. Maybe just not someone we want to be the answer as a starter.

I think most of the stuff this guy is talking about makes sense.

jhns
02-23-2010, 05:57 AM
I don't see the problem with the article. I think is correct on what our needs are. I wouldn't say receiver is a big need if we get a better QB and keep Marshall though. We have seen what Marshall and Royal can do with an accurate QB. Gaffney and Stokley added to that makes a good receiver set. If Marshall goes then receiver is a huge need.

oubronco
02-23-2010, 06:09 AM
I don't think this article is off base he hit on our needs just like every GM person on this board

Beantown Bronco
02-23-2010, 06:13 AM
I wouldn't say receiver is a big need if we get a better QB and keep Marshall though. We have seen what Marshall and Royal can do with an accurate QB.

Marshall is coming off what is arguably the best statistical year of his career, despite his little case of the "dropsies" in week one, so your attempted dig at Orton fails.

jhns
02-23-2010, 06:19 AM
Marshall is coming off what is arguably the best statistical year of his career, despite his little case of the "dropsies" in week one, so your attempted dig at Orton fails.

Marshall had drops last season. Anyways, I said the combo of Marshall and Royal. I didn't say Marshall alone. Good try though.

"We have a more talented defense than Dallas"

LOL

Still makes me laugh.

oubronco
02-23-2010, 06:22 AM
Let's keep this civil today guys

Rabb
02-23-2010, 06:48 AM
Let's keep this civil today guys

fat chance, another thread is about to go down

jhns
02-23-2010, 06:53 AM
fat chance, another thread is about to go down

About to? There are like 2 constructive comments about this article so far. Everything else is "he is stooopid! He questioned Orton!"

ColoradoDarin
02-23-2010, 07:00 AM
QB is NOT the top need for the Broncos. It is a need, but OL and DL are the places where we need the biggest upgrades this off season. C, LG, DT, DE, ILB, WR and QB in that order. If we upgrade the lines, I'm fine with Orton going into next year.

Rabb
02-23-2010, 07:00 AM
About to? There are like 2 constructive comments about this article so far. Everything else is "he is stooopid! He questioned Orton!"

meh, I don't really care one way or another anymore about "sides" here

it just gets tiring that every single thread derails into some vendetta driven b**** fest and attack...it's almost as if we have 2 rival teams here in Denver now

it is what it is I guess, carry on

bpc
02-23-2010, 07:26 AM
Actually, yes.

That's exactly what Tom Brady was in his first SB run. Same for Big Ben in his first. Same for Eli in his.

All three relied on their defense and/or running game to take the lead while the QBs were not asked to do too much.

You can say that but they've also showed that they have special abilities in difficult situations over their career. Brady's final drive to win the Pats super bowl against the Rams was amazingly calm, cool and spectacular against a favored opponent. We can go back and say so and so was only 12-24 or whatever, but who knows what kind of throws those 12 completions or reads were now.

Just saying.

Having a great QB is important. It should be a goal of the organization to find one. That being said, I don't know if there is one in the first round that Denver can count on to fill the role without reaching a bit.

Beantown Bronco
02-23-2010, 07:40 AM
You can say that but they've also showed that they have special abilities in difficult situations over their career.

Over their career, no doubt. But very few in the specific seasons I'm talking about above. Brady sucked for most of the 2001 SB. Big Ben was as bad as any QB could possibly be in his first SB.

Brady's final drive to win the Pats super bowl against the Rams was amazingly calm, cool and spectacular against a favored opponent. We can go back and say so and so was only 12-24 or whatever, but who knows what kind of throws those 12 completions or reads were now.

I can. That was one of the most overrated drives in the history of the game IMO. Trust me. Being in the heart of Patriot Nation, I've seen the endless replays of that drive.

Just watch the last 30 seconds or so of this clip to get a sense of what was going on there. The Rams defense was already weak to start with, and throw in some ridiculous version of a prevent defense on top of that, and you can clearly see they were just handing them the yardage needed for the fg attempt. Brady was essentially just dumping off to guys that didn't have a defender within 10 yards of them when they caught the ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bj2r70Ij6k

Having a great QB is important. It should be a goal of the organization to find one. That being said, I don't know if there is one in the first round that Denver can count on to fill the role without reaching a bit.

I agree with all of this. My goal from the beginning was simply to point out what I felt was the major flaw in the author's entire argument related to QB play in particular.

colonelbeef
02-23-2010, 10:02 AM
Agree 97% with the article. Whoever says that the Qbs listed are 'caretakers' is an out and out retard.

broncosteven
02-23-2010, 10:58 AM

I thought Marshall was suspended week 1.

I thought the blogger was wrong about Marshall, sure he broke the record in a game which we lost but we were down 14 points before the 1st 1st down and down by 21 before the 1st good drive.

I can't name any other player that had such a great impact on so many wins this year and the guy missed 2 starts.

Beantown Bronco
02-23-2010, 11:01 AM

Nope. He played in the Cincy "miracle catch" game. Don't you remember that that throw was actually going to him?

Dagmar
02-23-2010, 11:02 AM
qb is not the top need for the broncos. It is a need, but ol and dl are the places where we need the biggest upgrades this off season. C, lg, dt, de, ilb, wr and qb in that order. If we upgrade the lines, i'm fine with orton going into next year.^5

ColoradoDarin
02-23-2010, 11:04 AM
Nope. He played in the Cincy "miracle catch" game. Don't you remember that that throw was actually going to him?

I think it's just so confusing with the year before when Marshall was suspended for the first game, he was suspended last year for the end of the preseason and then the final game of the year. That guy could be something if he could play 16 games ROFL!

broncosteven
02-23-2010, 11:11 AM

Wow...I totally blanked on that...I thought we played the 1st game of the year without a big weapon on offense.

It sucks being old.

broncosteven
02-23-2010, 11:14 AM
I think it's just so confusing with the year before when Marshall was suspended for the first game, he was suspended last year for the end of the preseason and then the final game of the year. That guy could be something if he could play 16 games ROFL!

Maybe that is what confused me, that and my pickled brain...

gyldenlove
02-23-2010, 11:18 AM
Currently I would call DE our top need. Mcbean is decent but has to come quite a ways to be good, Peterson is not starter material, not even close, Smith was a disappointment and Holliday is getting perilously close to his best before date.

QB is a need in the sense that it doesn't look like we will win a SB with Orton, however the chances that we can win a super bowl with whoever would be acquired to replace Orton aren't that great either so for now it seems to make more sense to put a playoff team together and then get a QB rather than getting a QB and then worrying about getting to the playoffs later.

OL is a big need too, Hamilton is out, Hochstein is a backup at best and Wiegman is gone this year or next so even if Olsen pans out we need at least 1 starter material OL and probably 2.

Rabb
02-23-2010, 11:32 AM
anything on the interior OL is a major need for us, and will fix a lot of the other "needs" on that list

second would be DL, pick your spot

watermock
02-23-2010, 12:50 PM

I thought the blogger was wrong about Marshall, sure he broke the record in a game which we lost but we were down 14 points before the 1st 1st down and down by 21 before the 1st good drive.

I can't name any other player that had such a great impact on so many wins this year and the guy missed 2 starts.

Don't let facts delude your reality.

Mashall broke records 3 years in a row, dspite missing 2 games under hs COACH.

STFU?

This team is going be sick this year.

Let's throw every possible ball to Gaff in an embarrasment.

watermock
02-23-2010, 12:53 PM
Look at our draft.

~Crash~
02-23-2010, 01:00 PM
I got a question for the bright people on this form that mocked this man . did we not lose to the two worst teams in the leauge with the playoffs on the line ?

ColoradoDarin
02-23-2010, 01:02 PM
I got a question forthe bright people on this form that mocked this man . did we not lose to the two worst teams in the leauge wit the playoffs on the line ?

Last year? Or the year before?

jhns
02-23-2010, 01:08 PM
Last year? Or the year before?

What? Are you trying to say two years in a row makes it ok?

ColoradoDarin
02-23-2010, 01:14 PM
This message is hidden because jhns is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

Don't expect a reply if you were addressing me....

watermock
02-23-2010, 01:15 PM

That was Stokely.

The S played the ball.

watermock
02-23-2010, 01:17 PM
Beavis should of allready been fired.

Drek
02-23-2010, 01:20 PM
I got a question for the bright people on this form that mocked this man . did we not lose to the two worst teams in the leauge with the playoffs on the line ?

I didn't see any discussion in the original article about our losing late in season.

He....

1. made a comment that Orton's arm isn't strong enough to win in this league. Then trotted out the three best QBs in the league, all with mediocre arms, as examples of how that was true. Orton's arm is as good as Brady's and Brees already, not far behind Manning's. Orton's problem isn't his arm, its the **** between the ears. Brady threw like the starting pitcher on an under 13 girl's softball team his first several years in the league, yet he won because he broke down defenses pre-snap and during the play so quickly he was always finding the weaknesses to attack.

The original statement that Orton isn't good enough to win titles with might be true, but the reason (arm strength) and the examples given (QBs with average arm strength) don't add up.

2. He spends two different points talking about replacing DL who aren't the problem, just only part of the solution. Ryan McBean doesn't need to be replaced, he's got text book 3-4 end size and in his first year off a practice squad he started all 14 games he played in. Is he ever going to be Richard Seymour in his prime? Probably not. But he could very possibly be Brett Kiesel, a guy who took four years to develop with the Steelers but has since been an above average starter for next four seasons.

3. He acts like Marshall's talent makes up for all the various problems he potentially causes, but he uses Tom Brady's title wins as an example of doing it right. A guy who breaks up team focus and unity like Marshall's first couple years in this league wouldn't have stuck on that Pats squad. Its a double standard.

In short the guy is claiming this is analysis through film study when really its just superficial commentary based on a "stars first" mindset. If you aren't a name then you should be replaced, not developed.

Rabb
02-23-2010, 01:24 PM
That was Stokely.

The S played the ball.

no Mock, it was Marshall that was targeted, Stokes got the tip

jhns
02-23-2010, 01:28 PM
This message is hidden because jhns is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

Don't expect a reply if you were addressing me....

LOL

You have me on ignore but know the one time I respond to you? Good stuff. Almost as bad as tailgate repeating everything I say as he claims to have me on ignore.

jhns
02-23-2010, 01:44 PM
I didn't see any discussion in the original article about our losing late in season.

He....

1. made a comment that Orton's arm isn't strong enough to win in this league. Then trotted out the three best QBs in the league, all with mediocre arms, as examples of how that was true. Orton's arm is as good as Brady's and Brees already, not far behind Manning's. Orton's problem isn't his arm, its the **** between the ears. Brady threw like the starting pitcher on an under 13 girl's softball team his first several years in the league, yet he won because he broke down defenses pre-snap and during the play so quickly he was always finding the weaknesses to attack.

The original statement that Orton isn't good enough to win titles with might be true, but the reason (arm strength) and the examples given (QBs with average arm strength) don't add up.

2. He spends two different points talking about replacing DL who aren't the problem, just only part of the solution. Ryan McBean doesn't need to be replaced, he's got text book 3-4 end size and in his first year off a practice squad he started all 14 games he played in. Is he ever going to be Richard Seymour in his prime? Probably not. But he could very possibly be Brett Kiesel, a guy who took four years to develop with the Steelers but has since been an above average starter for next four seasons.

3. He acts like Marshall's talent makes up for all the various problems he potentially causes, but he uses Tom Brady's title wins as an example of doing it right. A guy who breaks up team focus and unity like Marshall's first couple years in this league wouldn't have stuck on that Pats squad. Its a double standard.

In short the guy is claiming this is analysis through film study when really its just superficial commentary based on a "stars first" mindset. If you aren't a name then you should be replaced, not developed.

More like he hurt your feelings by not liking your favorite players.

1) He never said anything close to this. He said Orton needs replaced because he is a game manager and he doesn't think game managers win SBs. He also went on about how we weren't very good when teams figured out to attack. The arm strength thing was a passing comment with 0 focus put on it. It was never used as a reason Orton needs replaced.

2) You are crying because he gave suggestions to fix one of the worst d-lines in football? Really? He mentioned all three of them as problems and I agree. They all got pushed around. Can McBean get better? Sure he can. Should he be an unquestioned starter based on what he has done? Not even close.

3) I don't even know wtf you are talking about here.

Mediator12
02-23-2010, 01:57 PM
State of the Broncos: What the 2009 Film Revealed

by ANDY BENOIT
February 23, 2010, 6:09 am

Offense

The coaching staff did a marvelous job of hiding Kyle Orton’s limitations early in the year. Orton didn’t show much of a gun, but he made sound decisions in Josh McDaniels’s controlled spread. However, once defenses realized that the way to beat Denver was to “attack, not react,” things changed. The offensive line battled a few injuries and became uncharacteristically vulnerable in pass protection. The receiving corps wasn’t quite as good as its numbers (a lot of middling passes, few big plays). Brandon Marshall showed the best hands in the game, but his dominance was rarely enough (case in point, Marshall’s 21-catch performance at Indy came in a loss). Knowshon Moreno, a herky-jerky but athletic runner, offered encouraging signs

Defense

The machine was substantially better than its parts. The only players who stood out were OLB Elvis Dumervil (fantastic leverage, explosive motor) and SS Brian Dawkins (superb instincts, quick at point of attack). For the most part, the secondary responded well to the demands of frequent man coverage. CB Andre Goodman often looked better than Pro Bowler Champ Bailey. The defensive line was easy to forget, which, in a 3-4, isn’t quite as bad as it sounds. But an underwhelming front line intensified the burden on the linebackers. As a unit, the linebackers were inconsistent.

Top 5 Needs

1. Quarterback

2. Nose Tackle

4. Defensive End

5. Wide Receiver

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/02/23/state-of-the-broncos-what-the-2009-film-revealed/#more-39313

His analysis of the offense and defense was spot on, with several exceptions. Brandon Marshall was nowhere close to the best hands in the game. Productive with all the targets yes, best hands is not even in the discussion though. The other was that the machine was better than its parts defensively. It started out better than its parts, but it was mistake and big play prone over the second half of the season. I agree with every other observation he made though, and it is apparent he did actually watch the games with his comments.

He could have done better explaining the needs though. It was written like he had to do 32 of these things and this was of little priority excpet to get the needs in print. The QB need analysis was so bad, it looked like Bob wrote it. Brady and Ben were caretakers during their first SB runs, no other way to put it. Ben's performance against SEA was one of the worst performances ever by a SB winning QB.

The NT and DE analysis is just plain off. The whole reason DEN needs DE's and NT's is they have ZERO impact players along their DL. It is not who is available to develop or move, it is they have no one who can win one on one's up front down the road without scheme help. Find a playmaker who has to be accounted for on every snap. Hell, DEN has no one in the WHOLE front seven like that any more, not since Al Wilson. DJ is good, but he is still not a playmaker. Elvis is a an Elite pass rusher, but when teams grind out 150+ yards at will late in the year, he is not an every down mismatch.

The WR position is a tenous one since the Trade and FA season has yet to begin. I'll wait to see if it becomes a need til after then.

The one he nailed was inside OL. That was just about perfect. DEN needs some inside beef with attitude ina bad way.

jhns
02-23-2010, 02:03 PM
His analysis of the offense and defense was spot on, with several exceptions. Brandon Marshall was nowhere close to the best hands in the game. Productive with all the targets yes, best hands is not even in the discussion though. The other was that the machine was better than its parts defensively. It started out better than its parts, but it was mistake and big play prone over the second half of the season. I agree with every other observation he made though, and it is apparent he did actually watch the games with his comments.

Now this is an excellent breakdown of the article. If only we could all post rationally like this.

Doggcow
02-23-2010, 02:06 PM
Wrong the list goes like this:

1) Inside Lineman
2) Inside Lineman
3) Nose Tackle
4) QB
5) Corner

Triplelefthook
02-23-2010, 02:15 PM
imo the needs are in order:
1. NT
2. LG/C
3. C/LG
4. DE
5. QB (or WR if Marshall is traded)

Draft Iupati, or Draft Dan Williams and sign Mankins. Sign a big time DE and draft some more in the later rounds. if you don't draft Iupati then sign Mankins and draft a Center for the future or sign an experienced Center if one is available and stick with Iupati.

Bronco Rob
02-24-2010, 02:59 AM
:sunshine:

watermock
02-24-2010, 03:42 AM
Cutting Weigman was moronic in an uncapped year.

**** this coach. He's making nothing.

BTW, Hamilton was our backup center.

DOH!

Dagmar
02-24-2010, 03:48 AM
Cutting Weigman was moronic in an uncapped year.

**** this coach. He's making nothing.

BTW, Hamilton was our backup center.

DOH!
Why? Casey Wiegmann was lost last year.

ANY excuse to tear apart Josh McDaniels AGAIN.

This pantomime routine has to stop watermock.

watermock
02-24-2010, 03:55 AM
no Mock, it was Marshall that was targeted, Stokes got the tip

When did I say Marshall wasn't the intended reciever?

IDGAF, i was a miracle play, as was the BM toast of Dallas.

NE, we beat. Clean win, (maybe)_

Dagmar
02-24-2010, 03:56 AM

Statements. No. Sense. Make-

watermock
02-24-2010, 03:57 AM
Why? Casey Wiegmann was lost last year.

ANY excuse to tear apart Josh McDaniels AGAIN.

This pantomime routine has to stop watermock.

Weigman wasn't the problem you neanderthal, it was LG.

Dagmar
02-24-2010, 04:01 AM
Weigman wasn't the problem you neanderthal, it was LG.

Wiegmann(if you are defending a player spell his name right) was lost last year and the coach wants to transition to someone who will be more effective in the power blocking offense.

watermock
02-24-2010, 04:05 AM
And apparently Clady.

He was very good.

In 08 he was a fort.

Give me more bullshiat.

Dagmar
02-24-2010, 04:09 AM
And apparently Clady.

He was very good.

In 08 he was a fort.

Give me more bullshiat.

Clady gave up less than one sack in his rookie year, of course he had a drop off in his second year.

Wiegmann on the other hand will be 37 next season and had a poor year.

watermock
02-24-2010, 04:24 AM
Wiegmann(if you are defending a player spell his name right) was lost last year and the coach wants to transition to someone who will be more effective in the power blocking offense.

Those are 2 different issues. Weigmann WTF, he wasn't lost at all. Dumbass. Why do you think our running game sucked?

Wow. Our running game sucked the same as our OC and RB coach bailed you idiot.

And the fact is Beavis changed the blocking scheme...

Remember Georgia as the #1

Moreno sucked then and sucks now. And so does the scheme.

Prove me wrong.

watermock
02-24-2010, 04:33 AM
Clady gave up less than one sack in his rookie year, of course he had a drop off in his second year.

Wiegmann on the other hand will be 37 next season and had a poor year.

How amusing.

It wouln't of been blitzing the a A gap or B gap, would it?

Oh yeah, that's why we drafted Quinn, right?

Idiot.

watermock
02-24-2010, 04:35 AM
That's why you keep in a FB moron.

Hamrob
02-24-2010, 08:21 AM
I'd say he has our needs straight on. The problem with our QB need...is that there's nobody in this draft or FA who seems to be our long term solution.

Those who want to put Orton in the same league as Brady, Manning, Roethlesberger are re-dic-u-lous. And, I don't believe for a minute that anyone really believes that...crap!

We may make the playoffs with Orton...but we're not going anywhere further than that...everyone and their grandmother understands that and the most important position on a team is the QB position...that's why QB is our biggest need.

Followed by NT and Interior Offensive Lineman. So, yes, I would say this guy is right on the money.

Rabb
02-24-2010, 08:30 AM

mock, if you are going to do this kind of thing can you at least keep your memory straight in the same thread...same page even?

Bean said...

Then you said...

That was Stokely.

The S played the ball.