PDA

View Full Version : Tomlinson released (M)

DrFate
02-22-2010, 01:14 PM
per ESPN

Great13
02-22-2010, 01:15 PM
Per NFL.com

Full story link:

http://www.chargers.com/news/article-1/Tomlinson%E2%80%99s-time-in-San-Diego-ends/4017d022-3cb2-4a9b-8ae0-9511599ef969

Doggcow
02-22-2010, 01:15 PM
Tomlinson is about as useful to our team as Amberlamps

Garcia Bronco
02-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Good luck in retirement LT.

Doggcow
02-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Thread is still #1 on front page dude..

Great13
02-22-2010, 01:18 PM
Thread is still #1 on front page dude..

Looks like we posted it around the same time....

Beantown Bronco
02-22-2010, 01:20 PM
274 post rule

OBF1
02-22-2010, 01:27 PM
but he see's his name on the internet :)

Popps
02-22-2010, 01:29 PM
[ ] will bust off 2k in any system

ColoradoDarin
02-22-2010, 01:31 PM
Lawrence Taylor is retired. And way past playing days.

Oh, you meant LDT...

baja
02-22-2010, 01:32 PM
wonder if he will play somewhere?

cousinal11
02-22-2010, 01:43 PM
Knew it was coming, but still pretty shocking to actually see the headline.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-22-2010, 01:43 PM
wonder if he will play somewhere?

California Penal.

WolfpackGuy
02-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Well, you'd have to say the Chuggers got the best of that Vick trade.

Wonder how long until he lands in New England?

Archer81
02-22-2010, 01:56 PM
Well, you'd have to say the Chuggers got the best of that Vick trade.

Wonder how long until he lands in New England?

FA begins march 5. So my bet is 12:01 on march 5th.

:Broncos:

broncofan2438
02-22-2010, 01:59 PM
Hahaha........@ lt

Cito Pelon
02-22-2010, 02:00 PM
Denver drafted Moreno not only because he's a good tailback, but to keep him off of the Chargers roster. SD wanted Moreno as LT2's replacement.

SouthStndJunkie
02-22-2010, 02:01 PM
Pass....I think he is washed up.

LT might be intriguing in a reserve role....but he is still looking to get major carries and his current skill set would bring nothing unique to the table for Denver.

I want us to draft/sign some speed to pair up with Knowshon in 2010.

loborugger
02-22-2010, 02:13 PM
I read the Free Agent Market

~Crash~
02-22-2010, 02:29 PM
LT Cut that means he can sign right now . I would belive.

Natedogg
02-22-2010, 02:31 PM
Sean Alexander who?

bronco militia
02-22-2010, 02:35 PM
Hey LaFoodStamps, Didja Hear the News?

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/riverslt.jpg

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2010/02/hey-lafoodstamps-didja-hear-the-news.html

UberBroncoMan
02-22-2010, 02:59 PM
Tomlinson was the epitome of a TD machine in the regular season (his career YPC is actually unimpressive) and a complete bust in the playoffs. Unfortunately the latter matters if you want to be a Champion.

Personally I think Davis deserves HOF before Tomlinson. The man owned in both the regular season and the playoffs... and has two rings to boot amidst a injury filled career.

Hell... Davis is the only reason Elway has a ring.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-22-2010, 03:01 PM
Hey LaFoodStamps, Didja Hear the News?

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/riverslt.jpg

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2010/02/hey-lafoodstamps-didja-hear-the-news.html

LaFutureLion is BRUTAL. Bwahahahahahaha

boltaneer
02-22-2010, 03:06 PM
Denver drafted Moreno not only because he's a good tailback, but to keep him off of the Chargers roster. SD wanted Moreno as LT2's replacement.

Riiiiiiight.

But playing along, let me be the first one to thank McDaniels for that making that move.

broncosteven
02-22-2010, 03:14 PM
I don't think LT is an automatic 1st ballot HOF'er, the dude did squat to help his team get better when they needed him.

I think he earned a place, just not the 1st year.

He probably ends up in Chicago where he gets pummled behid a bad Oline for a year until he hangs up the cleats.

400HZ
02-22-2010, 03:41 PM

I wish McDaniels was that stupid.

boltaneer
02-22-2010, 03:41 PM
I hope he at least has one more "good" season left in him. At his age, he needs a great run blocking line to run behind to put up good numbers and the Chargers just didn't have that for the past two seasons.

But the numbers do not lie. They've declined three years in a row. It's going to be sad to see if he fizzles out a la Shaun Alexander. I still think he should have accepted his lesser role and a reduction in salary to stay here but that's a real rarity with the elite players. Their ego just won't accept that. But in the end, he's going to have to wind up settling for less money (unless Dan Snyder wants to roll out the Brinks truck) and whatever team will take him and he sure isn't going to be the focus of the offense.

richpjr
02-22-2010, 04:46 PM
LT's production has slipped pretty badly the past two seasons due to age and injury. I think the Chargers held on to him one season too many. What's scary is that with a younger, more effective back replacing him, teams won't be able to focus on the pass as much and their offense could be even better.

Boltjolt
02-22-2010, 04:54 PM

No they didnt. And if that is the reason you drafted him, then all i can say is...THANKS! I didnt like Moreno and knew we wouldnt pick a RB in the first round and if we did, i liked Wells and especially McCoy.

Boltjolt
02-22-2010, 04:56 PM
LT Cut that means he can sign right now . I would belive.

Yep, he was released and his contract still had another year or maybe even two on it so you are correct.

rmsanger
02-22-2010, 04:58 PM
Does anyone think Shanny kicks the tires for a role in Washington. Figure between him and Portis they should be able to keep 1 of em out of a wheelchair.

Mr.Meanie
02-22-2010, 04:58 PM
Dumb question, but does he have to clear waivers?

broncosteven
02-22-2010, 05:42 PM
Dumb question, but does he have to clear waivers?

he was cut, not waived, I think if a player is waived the team that picks the player up has to assume his contract.

LT was cut outright so a new deal would have to be struck.

sixtimeseight
02-22-2010, 05:44 PM
No they didnt. And if that is the reason you drafted him, then all i can say is...THANKS!

Moreno had more yards, higher YPC and more YPG than either of your **** ass running backs.

ur welcome.

broncosteven
02-22-2010, 05:46 PM
How much is this worth now?

http://www.almostathletes.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/LT.Figurine.jpg

theAPAOps5
02-22-2010, 07:07 PM
Man talk about a drastic decline and fall from the top. Not just too long ago he was on top riding high into the playoffs. Then came the famous helmet on and pout job. Ever since downward spiral.

Cito Pelon
02-22-2010, 07:26 PM
Riiiiiiight.

But playing along, let me be the first one to thank McDaniels for that making that move.

I must be the only person on the planet that thinks AJ was stunned when Denver took Moreno. AJ knew LT was done, and he wanted Moreno bad, was so stunned he took Larry English in the spot he wanted Moreno at. AJ wanted Moreno real bad and was hoping he would slide.

Moreno was a perfect fit for the SD offense to replace LT2.

Taco John
02-22-2010, 08:07 PM
How much is this worth now?

http://www.almostathletes.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/LT.Figurine.jpg

Replace the gatorade cup with a contract, and I'll bid one dollar.

400HZ
02-22-2010, 08:22 PM
I must be the only person on the planet that thinks AJ was stunned when Denver took Moreno. AJ knew LT was done, and he wanted Moreno bad, was so stunned he took Larry English in the spot he wanted Moreno at. AJ wanted Moreno real bad and was hoping he would slide.

Wells would have been a much better fit, but LT and Sproles between them were already lined up for about $13 million in 2009. All that money, yet no faith that either one of them could perform? So McDaniels sneakily swooped in and spent a 1st round pick to deny another team a player? With all due respect, your theory is fcking stupid.

Cito Pelon
02-22-2010, 09:19 PM
Wells would have been a much better fit, but LT and Sproles between them were already lined up for about $13 million in 2009. All that money, yet no faith that either one of them could perform? So McDaniels sneakily swooped in and spent a 1st round pick to deny another team a player? With all due respect, your theory is fcking stupid.

Jeez, LT was cut, so that implodes your theory, yeah? Your team has Sproles at tailback, and that's it. LT was absolutely on his way out, but AJ didn't draft Beanie Wells, he drafted Larry English. AJ wanted Moreno, and your team would have benefited.

Instead, Denver has Moreno, a solid tailback, and SD has Larry English. And no tailback to replace LT at this point.

400HZ
02-22-2010, 10:02 PM
Jeez, LT was cut, so that implodes your theory, yeah? Your team has Sproles at tailback, and that's it. LT was absolutely on his way out, but AJ didn't draft Beanie Wells, he drafted Larry English. AJ wanted Moreno, and your team would have benefited.

Instead, Denver has Moreno, a solid tailback, and SD has Larry English. And no tailback to replace LT at this point.

Are you kidding? When you pay two guys $13 million dollars, you do it because you think they can get the job done. You don't write those paychecks and then go and draft/pay another guy because you don't trust your freshly paid $13 million duo. You're making the connection between Moreno and LT because you saw those ridiculously stupid scouting reports comparing the two.

BlaK-Argentina
02-22-2010, 10:06 PM
Are you kidding? When you pay two guys $13 million dollars, you do it because you think they can get the job done. You don't write those paychecks and then go and draft/pay another guy because you don't trust your freshly paid $13 million duo. You're making the connection between Moreno and LT because you saw those ridiculously stupid scouting reports comparing the two.

Man you sound pissed.

Cito Pelon
02-22-2010, 10:20 PM

Nice sentences.

Hogan11
02-22-2010, 11:01 PM
If he ended up in the UFL, I'd laugh my ass off Ha!

boltaneer
02-22-2010, 11:55 PM

Indeed, I think you are the only person on the planet who thinks this. Where in the world did you read this? Bleacher Report? Some random mock draft blog? Just pure speculation?

It sounds like you're happy with Moreno and that's great for you. While English (the player) was kind of a surprise pick for me, the position did not, based on what AJ had said prior to the draft. And I was praying for AJ to pick a pass rusher or at least a defensive end/tackle.

And the talk in San Diego was that he was going to take an offensive tackle, which I had major doubts on because the Chargers just don't draft o-linemen that high (once since 1985) or a linebacker/pass rusher with his first pick (AJ has historically gone with defense with his first picks.)

Shawne Merriman missing the previous season and a big question mark whether he'd be healthy in 2009 (which was obviously true), coupled with the fact that they found out that Shaun Phillips is a complimentary pass rusher at best and not a guy who can do it alone. And AJ Smith has made it no secret that he has no intention at all in giving Merriman a new contract.

And as for teams drafting players to keep them out of the hand of other teams, that is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. There are so many things going on draft day and so many issues at hand, there's no way they're worrying about something like that. The draft is about improving your team, not blocking players to go to another team.

Bronco Yoda
02-23-2010, 01:14 AM
I hope he at least has one more "good" season left in him. At his age, he needs a great run blocking line to run behind to put up good numbers and the Chargers just didn't have that for the past two seasons.

But the numbers do not lie. They've declined three years in a row. It's going to be sad to see if he fizzles out a la Shaun Alexander. I still think he should have accepted his lesser role and a reduction in salary to stay here but that's a real rarity with the elite players. Their ego just won't accept that. But in the end, he's going to have to wind up settling for less money (unless Dan Snyder wants to roll out the Brinks truck) and whatever team will take him and he sure isn't going to be the focus of the offense.

True. He's going to regret not putting his ego aside and playing the team role me thinks.

400HZ
02-23-2010, 09:09 AM
True. He's going to regret not putting his ego aside and playing the team role me thinks.

I think his time was done in San Diego either way.

Doggcow
02-23-2010, 09:16 AM
I think his time was done in San Diego either way.

Isn't San Diego's time almost done in San Diego too?

BlaK-Argentina
02-23-2010, 10:10 AM
Isn't San Diego's time almost done in San Diego too?

LOL, I couldn't believe they lost to the Jets. After winning... how many in a row? They lost the one that was really important.

ColoradoBuff
02-23-2010, 01:37 PM
Philly bound maybe??

Xenos
02-23-2010, 01:51 PM

Yes you are. The fact that Moreno actually came to the SD for a workout should have clued you in that he wasn't going to be picked.