PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss done in NE?

elsid13
02-21-2010, 05:52 AM
Came across this article in Boston Globe.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2010/02/21/moss_anticipates_out_pattern_after_this_year/

UPITER, Fla. - Randy Moss is an expert at running go routes, and now he thinks heíll be running one out of Foxborough after this season because the Patriots do not want to extend his contract.
Discuss
COMMENTS (9)

Speaking last night at the charity softball game of former Patriots teammate Heath Evans, Moss said he believes 2010 will be his final season in a Patriot uniform.

ďI donít think they going to extend my contract,íí said Moss. ďI understand the beast, the nature of it. I think that just with what I think and what I know I donít think theyíre going to re-sign me back. So, after this season if there is not a lockout Iíll be looking for a new team. Iíve got a lot of respect for the Patriots and what they did for me and my family. The only thing I can do is just play this year out and see what my future holds after that.íí

Moss has one year remaining on the three-year, $27 million deal ($14.1 million in bonuses and guarantees) he signed to remain with the Patriots after he caught an NFL-record 23 touchdowns in 2007, his first season with the team.

In 2009, he had 83 receptions for 1,264 yards and tied for the NFL lead in touchdown receptions (13).

Moss, who will make $6.4 million in base salary this season, was asked why he felt that the Patriots wouldnít want to retain his services beyond 2010.

ďItís the business of it, man. Youíve got to understand the business of football,íí said Moss, who turned 33 Feb. 13. ďThere is not bad blood. There is no animosity on my side or their side. I think itís just the nature of the business of the NFL. You know the Patriots donít really pay, so when I got my second contract from them that was a blessing in disguise. I understand the business. I donít think theyíre going to re-sign me back. Iím not mad. Iím not bitter. Itís just the way things are in this NFL, so like I said after this year Iíll be looking for a new team.íí

Mossís remark that ďthe Patriots donít really payíí is not likely to go over well in Foxborough.

ďThatís not a knock on them. Thatís just how they run their organization,íí said Moss. ďThatís how it is. Put it like this: I guess that before I came there the philosophy was believing in their system. I think thatís where they really donít pay guys because they have so much faith in their system. I didnít mean it as a knock against the organization. They just donít pay. If as an individual Iím not really in their future plans, I would like to go elsewhere.ííContinued... (at the link above(

Bronco Rob
02-21-2010, 06:12 AM
Moss for Marshall...

???

ayjackson
02-21-2010, 07:59 AM
Moss for Marshall...

???

Lord no. Moss is in the twilight. With the uncertainty of 2011, when he'll be 35, why would we trade for him. When he says Patriots don't pay, he means they don't overpay for former stars in the twilight of their careers.

Rabb
02-21-2010, 08:03 AM
ESPN Insider has the Pats as a possible destination for BM, if that happens...this place will implode

elsid13
02-21-2010, 08:06 AM
ESPN Insider has the Pats as a possible destination for BM, if that happens...this place will implode

If that happen, I will lead the tar and feather mob to Dove Valley to enact a front office coup, and ensure the junta is put in place to run the team.

UberBroncoMan
02-21-2010, 08:52 AM
If Marshall goes anywhere it better be the NFC.

Dempsey Dog
02-21-2010, 10:31 AM
If that happen, I will lead the tar and feather mob to Dove Valley to enact a front office coup, and ensure the junta is put in place to run the team.

For Wilfork?

Pony Boy
02-21-2010, 10:54 AM
I'm easing into the idea that Marshall isn't going anywhere unless we get the high tender. If that happens and we draft Dez Bryant and still have picks left over I will be a happy camper.

meangene
02-21-2010, 11:43 AM
I would not be the least bit surprised to see Marshall end up in NE. They feel like they can take problem children (Moss) and get them in line and, as the article mentioned, Moss is declining. NE has extra picks and I would not be opposed to some combination of picks and Mankins. We need to make the playoffs before we start worrying about a player coming back to bite us. If it's a good deal for us, I say pull the trigger with whomever.

elsid13
02-21-2010, 12:18 PM
For Wilfork?

Even Wilfork. Wilfork is good NT, but he isn't worth Marshall or draft choices. There are number of very good NT in this draft that Denver will be able to build around.

broncos-rock
02-21-2010, 12:49 PM
I would trade them Hillis for Moss...........or how about Chris Simms for Moss thats even better(lol)!

27atwater
02-21-2010, 12:54 PM
I'd take Wilfork for BM in a heartbeat. We get our NT and can still draft Dez early as a replacement...or get a MLB/DE in round 1 and a WR in round 2.