PDA

View Full Version : Floyd Little PRO Football HOF Gear

broncosteven
02-20-2010, 08:14 PM
They are slowly eeking out some Floyd gear

Here is the hat:
http://store.profootballhof.com/Floyd-Little-Class-of-2010-Hat.aspx?DepartmentId=1307

The shirt was the 1st thing with Floyds name on it available:
http://store.profootballhof.com/Floyd-Little-Class-of-2010-Shirt.aspx?DepartmentId=1307

Show your Pride for Floyd!

Los Broncos
02-20-2010, 09:05 PM
I like the shirt and would give up twenty bucks.

But that's for the old schoolers, I never seen him play.

It would seem kind of weird I guess wearing it around.

bronco610
02-20-2010, 09:30 PM
Ordering mine tonight. :)

loborugger
02-20-2010, 09:45 PM
I like the shirt and would give up twenty bucks.

It would seem kind of weird I guess wearing it around.

That is kinda the way I feel.

Having Floyd elected after all these years to the HOF is, IMHO, a huge validation of not only Floyd but the hole franchise. Even bigger than Elway as he was a 'No Duh' candidate for the HOF. So, this is like a real coming of age for franchise, sorta like finally winning a SB.

Having said all that, I would kinda feel like a poser wearing Floyd Little gear seeing as how the man retired before I had ever watched an NFL game.

Hogan11
02-20-2010, 11:24 PM
Cool stuff, but I'm waiting on the throwback jersey to finally be issued.

gunns
02-20-2010, 11:37 PM
Thank you! Just ordered mine. Haven't seen a throwback yet so this will be great till then

bronco610
02-21-2010, 12:27 AM
Thank you! Just ordered mine. Haven't seen a throwback yet so this will be great till then

Ditto !!!

worm
02-21-2010, 09:13 AM
I am not a big jersey guy.....but sign me up for a #44 throwback.

broncosteven
02-21-2010, 11:57 AM
Cool stuff, but I'm waiting on the throwback jersey to finally be issued.

I keep checking it took a good week just for the Tee shirt to come out then another 2 for the hat.

No idea how long before anything else comes out.

broncosteven
02-21-2010, 07:04 PM
That is kinda the way I feel.

Having Floyd elected after all these years to the HOF is, IMHO, a huge validation of not only Floyd but the hole franchise. Even bigger than Elway as he was a 'No Duh' candidate for the HOF. So, this is like a real coming of age for franchise, sorta like finally winning a SB.

Having said all that, I would kinda feel like a poser wearing Floyd Little gear seeing as how the man retired before I had ever watched an NFL game

Iron Clady - I like the shirt and would give up twenty bucks.

It would seem kind of weird I guess wearing it around. .

Did either of you buy any of the throwback stuff they had available this year?

I don't see any difference between some Floyd gear or the current team gear if your a Bronco fan.

I am beginning to think this is why it took Floyd so long to get in.

I never saw Tombstone play outside of an NFL films special but I would be happy to promote the dude any chance I got.

loborugger
02-21-2010, 08:08 PM
Nah, I didnt buy any throw back stuff. I see your point. Its just not me, I guess.

Los Broncos
02-21-2010, 08:15 PM
Did either of you buy any of the throwback stuff they had available this year?

I don't see any difference between some Floyd gear or the current team gear if your a Bronco fan.

I am beginning to think this is why it took Floyd so long to get in.

I never saw Tombstone play outside of an NFL films special but I would be happy to promote the dude any chance I got.

I did buy some of the throwback stuff.

But I would feel strange hanging around Invesco with a Floyd Little jersey.

Hanging with the likes of Hoagan and other old school fans.

I can hear someone asking me if I ever seen him play.

I don't know, just the way I feel.

The Moops
02-22-2010, 04:31 AM
I don't know who designs their stuff but it leaves a lot to be desired.

Looks like they just slap the names on it . . .

We could all go in the t-shirt business and come up with a lot cooler designs with Floyd on it . . . .

broncosteven
02-22-2010, 01:35 PM
I don't know who designs their stuff but it leaves a lot to be desired.

Looks like they just slap the names on it . . .

We could all go in the t-shirt business and come up with a lot cooler designs with Floyd on it . . . .

I was hoping for a "Property of" type shirt with Floyds name on it and the HOF logo. I got 2 of those when John went in and still have not opened the 2nd one, I wanted the 2nd one for a backup.

I am not big on the picture or action type tees but you think they could do one of Floyd's bowed legs as he gets by a defender with all his accomplishments on the back or something.

broncosteven
02-22-2010, 01:37 PM
I did buy some of the throwback stuff.

But I would feel strange hanging around Invesco with a Floyd Little jersey.

Hanging with the likes of Hoagan and other old school fans.

I can hear someone asking me if I ever seen him play.

I don't know, just the way I feel.

I can respect that, I just don't have a problem seeing a 7 year old wearing an Elway jersey. I saw one this summer and I fugure any publicity for John is good pub.

I do wish more Bronco fans were more excited about Floyd. Young and Old.

Los Broncos
02-22-2010, 01:56 PM
I can respect that, I just don't have a problem seeing a 7 year old wearing an Elway jersey. I saw one this summer and I fugure any publicity for John is good pub.

I'm was very excited for Floyd, I seen the video that was put together for him.

Just a awesome player, he carried us for years.

broncosteven
02-22-2010, 04:24 PM
I'm was very excited for Floyd, I seen the video that was put together for him.

Just a awesome player, he carried us for years.

See... now you can wear the gear with Pride!

LOL

Hogan11
02-22-2010, 11:57 PM

That's the thing I have an issue with...there are going to be 10 yr. old Broncos fans out there who "never saw Elway play"...so is that going to be a justifable reason for them to sell short the greatness of the Duke?

I would say no. Plenty of evidence is available out there of a player's greatness. Given that, there's no excuse IMHO.

The Moops
02-23-2010, 07:28 PM
My 20 month old son already has two 44 jerseys . . . one I picked up at Syracuse 3 years before he was born at the retirement of #44 ceremony. The other is Super Bowl 44 jersey I got in South Florida. Now all I need to get him is an authentic Floyd Little Broncos jersey for toddlers:)

He's coming with me to Canton to meet the man!

B-Love
02-23-2010, 09:23 PM
When and if the Floyd jersey does come out, I will guess it will be completely wrong. Wrong shade of orange and wrong striping on the sleeves, etc. Floyd even wore shorter stubbier numbers during his best seasons in Denver.

They'll probably just roll out some 1993 looking Broncos jsersey with Little on the back.

Floyd had the red orange jersey, the 5 stripe sleeve (dark royal, red-orange, white, red-orange, dark royal) that the Broncos wore through the 88 season, though the orange shade changed in 1978.

The Broncos also had 10 inch numerals on the front of their jersies for most of Floyd's years, with 12 inch on the back. Most teams had 12 inch front and back. And the 6 letters of Floy'd last name were usually double spaced ont he back of the jersey.

C'mon, someone do it right. Don't roll out some hack piece of ****, pretender jersey.

Look at the hack Tom Jackson jersey that even Mitchell and Ness is running with. And they're calling this a 1977 jersey. Laughable.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tom-Jackson-Broncos-77-Mitchell-Ness-JERSEY-48_W0QQitemZ190374249883QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Foot ball_Fan_Shop?hash=item2c5330859b

Wrong number width and height. And the completely wrong shade of orange. I know some think I'm crazy but get this **** right before you do it.

BigPlayShay
04-01-2010, 10:46 AM
http://twitter.com/broncos_sacco/status/11429633474

broncos_sacco
Jim Saccomano

Broncos store in full Hall of Fame mode, ordering a number of authentic Floyd Little jerseys--arriving to coincide with his July induction.

broncosteven
04-01-2010, 11:56 AM

broncos_sacco
Jim Saccomano

Broncos store in full Hall of Fame mode, ordering a number of authentic Floyd Little jerseys--arriving to coincide with his July induction.

REP! Thanks for the update!

Bronco Yoda
04-01-2010, 02:41 PM

I have an old Gradishar shirt that I had as a young Bronco fan watching him play. Now my oldest son wears it on some game days. It's held up pretty well considering.

B-Love
04-01-2010, 05:27 PM

broncos_sacco
Jim Saccomano

B, I'll believe it when I see it. If they roll out a 1990's version of the orange for Floyd I'll vomit.

I'll guarantee it will be straight orange and not red-orange. Hope I'm wrong.

Hogan11
04-01-2010, 07:12 PM
B, I'll believe it when I see it. If they roll out a 1990's version of the orange for Floyd I'll vomit.

I'll guarantee it will be straight orange and not red-orange. Hope I'm wrong.

Me too...sad thing is, I'm so starved for a Little jersey that I may get it anyways provided it's not like $300+

The holy grail to me would be a road jersey, but I know better than to even hope for something like that to appear.

B-Love
04-02-2010, 02:51 PM
Floyd era jerseys have several distinctions that are easily recognizable, and unique to the people who loved that era.

1. The red-orange color vs the straight orange

2. Double spaced lettering on the name plate on the back

3. 8 inch numeral on the front for half his career and 10 inch numerals on the front for the other half

4. Full 12 inch numerals on the back side of the jersey for his career

5. 5 stripe arm piping on both sides (royal-orange-white-orange-royal)

But Saccomano will sign off on a straight orange jersey with the same size numeral on both sides, with the 3 stripe arm patter we started using in 1989.

Sigh.....................

Prove me wrong Denver Broncos!

The Moops
04-03-2010, 06:52 PM
These jersey will be made by Mitchell & Ness with a retail price of $300. Pretty pricey, so I'm saving my money now. They guarantee to be the authentic home jersey from Floyd's rookie year. Mitchell & Ness does a great job of researching the jerseys and even use the same kind of materials . . .

Although I hear they may not be available till September . . .

TomServo
04-04-2010, 02:15 AM
im happy for floyd little but my shadow will Never darken the pro footbal HOF. i bet steve atwater will have to wait 20 years to get in on an "oldtimer" thing like Little.
i do remember Little playing, and howard cosell refering to him as "little floyd little" on MNF highlights.
six superbowls in three decades and only two natural broncos in the hall? jerks wouldnt even let sharpe in on the first vote.
i hate to rail on Cleveland and ohio again, wait i Do, Ohio Sucks.
Barely two broncos in canton. and,Ted Nugent, Alice cooper, and Rush arent in the Rock and RollHall Of Fame?
god Ohio sucks

Hogan11
04-04-2010, 09:25 AM
These jersey will be made by Mitchell & Ness with a retail price of $300. Pretty pricey, so I'm saving my money now. They guarantee to be the authentic home jersey from Floyd's rookie year. Mitchell & Ness does a great job of researching the jerseys and even use the same kind of materials . . .

Although I hear they may not be available till September . . .

As much as I love Floyd, there's no way in hell I'm laying 300 smacks down for a jersey. That's just insane.....a collectors price only.

The Moops
04-04-2010, 06:40 PM
$300 is the typical price for a new Mitchell & Ness Jersey . . . check out their web site. Even jerseys that have been out for years are still priced in the $200s.

It is a lot of money. But Floyd getting into the Hall of Fame is dream come true . . . one that most of us thought might never happen.

B-Love
04-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Moops, I e mailed M&N several times and spoke to them on the phone in detail about the details of Floyd's jersey.

They called me back on a couple of occassions to ask me more questions and I also directed htme to Patrick Scoggin's site.

The gentleman who called me back, cannot remember his name, admitted he was unaware that the jersey hue that Floyd wore was so different than what Elway wore.

Hope it looks great!

Meck77
04-04-2010, 07:02 PM
B-love laying down the smack on M&N. Nice!

My gut says they'll be some schwag on the streets. Looking forward to getting back to Canton!

The Moops
04-04-2010, 07:08 PM
I've been in contact with the Broncos buyer who is working with the Mitchell & Ness rep . . . according to the buyer, the M & N rep has received detailed information about the materials, stitching, number size, lettering, sleeves, etc., of the 1967 jersey.

Like you, B-love, I hope they do it up right!

The Moops
04-04-2010, 07:10 PM
Btw, this is the web site the Broncos buyer sent the M & N rep!

http://endzonesportscharities.org/history.htm

Hogan11
04-04-2010, 10:14 PM
$300 is the typical price for a new Mitchell & Ness Jersey . . . check out their web site. Even jerseys that have been out for years are still priced in the $200s.

It is a lot of money. But Floyd getting into the Hall of Fame is dream come true . . . one that most of us thought might never happen.

I realize that they usually run at those prices, which is why I tend to stay away from them. I could afford such things at one time, but I can't throw $300+ on a jersey now.

Good thing one isn't necessary to enjoy the day or I'd be out in the cold.

80smith
04-05-2010, 12:15 AM
I realize that they usually run at those prices, which is why I tend to stay away from them. I could afford such things at one time, but I can't throw $300+ on a jersey now.

I agree! At that price I can see Floyd inducted into the hall and that would mean soooo much more to me than a 300$ jersey! I have to send my $$ with smarts.

bronco610
04-05-2010, 12:30 AM

You and me both. As a 51 year old college student it was hard enough to spend the money on the Hall of Fame shirt. I just had to though.

The Moops
04-06-2010, 08:08 PM
I really want one of these jerseys, so I'm going to try and sock away $50 a month for the next 6 months and treat myself. I hardly ever go out and never buy clothes for myself, so what the hay . . .

It'll be my one big splurge . . . outside of going to Canton!

broncosteven
04-06-2010, 08:15 PM
I really want one of these jerseys, so I'm going to try and sock away $50 a month for the next 6 months and treat myself. I hardly ever go out and never buy clothes for myself, so what the hay . . .

It'll be my one big splurge . . . outside of going to Canton!

Floyd should buy you one.

Hell...We Bronco fans should buy you one! Without your book I am guessing it would have been a lot harder for Floyd to get in.

The Moops
04-07-2010, 04:57 AM
Thanks . . . i think if Floyd had the means he would buy jerseys for all of his biggest fans. He's always talking about how great his HOF is for the long-standing Broncos fans.