PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods to Break Silence and Apologize Friday

Pony Boy
02-17-2010, 02:20 PM
Tiger Woods to Break Silence and Apologize at Friday Press Conference
After Months of Silence and Allegations of Affairs, Golfer to Speak this Week

Tiger Woods intends to end three months of silence by apologizing on Friday, the first time he will be seen in public since a Thanksgiving car crash started a domino effect of sexual allegations against him.

Is sex addiction real or just an excuse to cheat?

More PhotosWoods is expected to speak on Friday at 11 a.m. for a mere five minutes from the PGA's headquarters in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla.

"This is all about the next step," Mark Steinberg, his agent, told The Associated Press. "He's looking forward to it."

In a statement, Steinberg said he would speak to a "small group of friends, colleagues and close associates" and that he "willl discuss his past and his future and he plans to apologize for his behavior."

"While Tiger feels that what happened is fundamentally a matter between he and his wife, he also recognizes that he has hurt and let down a lot of other people who were close to him. He also let down his fans. He wants to begin the process of making amends and that's what he's going to discuss," the statement said.

Steinberg said the Friday event will not be a news conference, suggesting that questions will be limited. A small group of reporters will be allowed to attend while others can watch from a nearby conference center on a televised feed.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/tiger-woods-break-silence-friday/story?id=9865441

Rohirrim
02-17-2010, 02:49 PM
He also "let down" about $60 mil a year in endorsements. That's gotta hurt.

watermock
02-17-2010, 03:44 PM
I think he's more of a control freak than sex addict. He was promiscuous while marriage, it's common with powerfull men with opportunity. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Everything, including the pressor, has to be on his terms.

Popps
02-17-2010, 03:47 PM
**** him.

Honestly, who gives a ****.

Los Broncos
02-17-2010, 03:53 PM
Does he really owe us an apology?

He owes he family and children one.

DBroncos4life
02-17-2010, 03:54 PM
I hope he blames it on the media for putting to much pressure on him to be perfect.

ward63
02-17-2010, 03:56 PM

I completely agree!

mizzoutigers
02-17-2010, 04:23 PM
going to announce he's becoming a queer to avoid women

chaz
02-17-2010, 06:59 PM

Family and kids first. No question.

But he also owes a big apology to all of the kids who idolized him.

bombay
02-17-2010, 07:41 PM
Aside from his wife/ex and kids, he doesn't 'owe' anyone a damn thing. Hope he tells the world to kiss his ass.

Interesting that he's doing it during the Accenture tournament, and they were the first of his sponsors to drop him. He will certainly attract more attention Friday than their crappy little tourney will without him.

Bronx33
02-17-2010, 08:03 PM

Anything for money and yes i agree.

Killericon
02-17-2010, 08:09 PM
Golf. Snore.

~Crash~
02-17-2010, 08:09 PM
**** him.

how ****ing true.............................................. ................!

Man-Goblin
02-17-2010, 09:09 PM
Tiger: "I haven't had any p***Y since before Thanksgiving, and it cost me 650 dollars to fix my Escalade. Gimme a break."

chaz
02-17-2010, 09:13 PM
Aside from his wife/ex and kids, he doesn't 'owe' anyone a damn thing. Hope he tells the world to kiss his ass.

You're a shining star. Humanity is nearly beyond hope.

Pony Boy
02-17-2010, 09:24 PM
**** him.

See how much they get for advertising in the first tournament he plays in. If he is not too rusty and makes the cut, the TV ratings will be through the roof. He will draw as many followers being a hated villain as he did when he had the good guy image.....

bombay
02-17-2010, 09:52 PM
You're a shining star. Humanity is nearly beyond hope.

Ok, you've made me see the light. A golfer having sex with random waitresses is certainly a signal that the end is nigh.

strafen
02-17-2010, 10:01 PM

That's just a drop in the bucket for him.
He probably has that amount many times over somewhere...

chaz
02-18-2010, 08:38 AM
Ok, you've made me see the light. A golfer having sex with random waitresses is certainly a signal that the end is nigh.

I wasn't referring to Tiger, Ace. I was referring to the general attitude of "i owe nothing to anyone."

And how you define 'the end' is extremely relative.

Crushaholic
02-18-2010, 11:12 AM

He's not really apologizing to "us". He just wants his sponsors back...

broncosteven
02-18-2010, 11:25 AM
If I were him I would do this Presser in my "Free Mustache Rides" tee shirt.

Dagmar
02-18-2010, 11:29 AM
If I were him I would do this Presser in my "Free Mustache Rides" tee shirt.

:rofl:
Exactly! He has more money than he would ever need 20000 times over. Now that would be legendary! It's be on sports clip shows for then next 100 years!

We need to get this message to Tiger, we will make sure you get credit Steven. :thumbs:

Dukes
02-18-2010, 11:32 AM
Hopefully he's announcing he'll be playing soon. Golf sucks without him.

Tom H.
02-18-2010, 12:02 PM
He's not really apologizing to "us". He just wants his sponsors back...

Secretly, his sponsors want him back too.

SoDak Bronco
02-18-2010, 12:16 PM
i just hope he says I'm back!! he's the only reason to watch golf.

ColoradoBuff
02-18-2010, 12:24 PM

+1 EXACTLY. His family, close friends and sponsors is where the apology should be directed

Pony Boy
02-18-2010, 08:17 PM
Golf. Snore.

More like a Roar not a Snore

Networks reworked their programming and, by late Thursday afternoon, seven satellite trucks had already parked outside the Sawgrass Marriott. The parking lot last saw this kind of activity five years ago -- for media day at the Super Bowl between the New England Patriots and Philadelphia Eagles.

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=4925784

Crushaholic
02-18-2010, 09:04 PM
I love watching the drama of golf when it gets to be the 15th or 16th hole. I couldn't possibly watch it from the 1st hole on...

azbroncfan
02-18-2010, 09:24 PM
Supposedly the sex is pretty good in rehab so he is going back.

Dr. Broncenstein
02-18-2010, 09:33 PM
I would pledge my undying allegience to Tiger if he comes out and says: "I did it all for the lulz."

bowtown
02-19-2010, 06:36 AM
Tiger did WHAT? When did all this happen? Talk about under the radar.

gunns
02-19-2010, 06:52 AM
I'm wondering if this isn't a part of his "addiction" treatment, where you make amends to those you hurt while in the midst of the addiction. Of course the timing is right also. I'm just having a hard time seeing this as an addiction. What is he, an animal who has to hump every female he smells? Does he go through withdrawals when he doesn't get it with someone strange at least once a day? I guess my judgment comes from a lack of knowledge....or my own ability for restraint when I see a major hunk.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-19-2010, 06:59 AM
Gunns, THIS (http://deadspin.com/5453889/on-the-gentle-path-too-a-dispatch-from-the-front-lines-of-sex-addiction) is a pretty good read, and sheds a bit of light on the "addiction" of sex. While I still think it comes down to self-control, so does alcoholism and a ton of other "-isms" that people experience in our everyday lives.

Anyway, it was an interesting -- if disturbing -- read.

Garcia Bronco
02-19-2010, 07:23 AM
Apologize to who? He doesn't owe anyone an apology but his family. I feel confident he'll be doing that for a long, long time.

DBroncos4life
02-19-2010, 07:29 AM
Apologize to who? He doesn't owe anyone an apology but his family. I feel confident he'll be doing that for a long, long time.

lol sure he does. What would he be without fans or the people that pay him to play a game. He might not owe me a damn thing because I don't care about him or golf but there are lots of people that got him a whole lot of money that would like to hear from him.

worm
02-19-2010, 07:32 AM
Place your bets!!!

A British bookmaker has set odds at 4-to-7 that Woods wife will be with him. William Hill didn't stop there, however. It offers 8-to-1 odds that Woods will announce he is getting a divorce, 12-to-1 odds that his wife is pregnant and 100-to-1 odds that he is retiring.

oubronco
02-19-2010, 07:36 AM
It's all a publicity stunt so he can declare he's going to be in next weeks tournament

Garcia Bronco
02-19-2010, 08:08 AM
lol sure he does. What would he be without fans or the people that pay him to play a game. He might not owe me a damn thing because I don't care about him or golf but there are lots of people that got him a whole lot of money that would like to hear from him.

Here from him? Yeah...the only thing they are interested in is hearing whether he's gonna play or not.

DivineBronco
02-19-2010, 08:22 AM
I wonder what Brit Hume will have to say about this....hehe

eddie mac
02-19-2010, 08:36 AM
Does Tiger come from a Circus background???

eddie mac
02-19-2010, 08:38 AM
Looks like I'm gonna miss out on my bet too.

If he'd said "Man I love hot chicks" during that apology I'd have got 150/1 odds.

TDmvp
02-19-2010, 08:46 AM
Tiger Woods ... Pos .... next topic...

And it didn't take this scandal to know Tiger was a arrogant self centered prick.

Dude acts like a Fing petulant child anytime he don't get his way.

His speech was Fing comical.

The things that are most important to him ? His wife and his children ? Maybe think about them when/before you are banging whores not once you are cornered with trying to save your image and money.

Hogan11
02-19-2010, 08:51 AM
Damn, I was hoping he would stay silent and golf would drift off the TV and back to irrelevance where it belongs.

TDmvp
02-19-2010, 08:52 AM
Damn, I was hoping he would stay silent and golf would drift off the TV and back to irrelevance where it belongs.

:~ohyah!: /agree ...

TailgateNut
02-19-2010, 08:55 AM

This^

TDmvp
02-19-2010, 09:07 AM
Stephen A Smith just DESTROYED Tiger on Espn first take. Calling Tiger fake and phony and saying his apology was stupid , forced , and over acted ...

Quite Frankly it was the most I have ever agreed with Stephen A.

TailgateNut
02-19-2010, 09:10 AM
If Tiger Woods were to drop off the face of the earth today, I would loose a minute of sleep. In fact I wish he would!

Mr.Meanie
02-19-2010, 09:18 AM
There's a lot of hate going on in this thread.

The dude is a flat out phenom, and I can't wait until he gets back to dominating the mortals for the next several decades. I couldn't care less about his personal life.

DBroncos4life
02-19-2010, 09:20 AM
Here from him? Yeah...the only thing they are interested in is hearing whether he's gonna play or not.

Yeah because they are paying him millions of dollars. I think Nike along with everyone else pays him might care what the hell he is doing or thinking.

TailgateNut
02-19-2010, 09:22 AM

The dude is a flat out phenom, and I can't wait until he gets back to dominating the mortals for the next several decades. I couldn't care less about his personal life.

He plays ****ing golf . So ****ing what. If he were to die today, the world would continue spinning. He had a good thing going and decided to **** it up by cheating on his wife. He deserves the HATE after being placed on his artificial pedestal.

**** him.

ColoradoBuff
02-19-2010, 09:27 AM
Stephen A Smith just DESTROYED Tiger on Espn first take. Calling Tiger fake and phony and saying his apology was stupid , forced , and over acted ...

Quite Frankly it was the most I have ever agreed with Stephen A.

Smith is a worthless joke! He's just jealous that Tiger boinked one of the ladies he was boinkin!

ColoradoBuff
02-19-2010, 09:28 AM

He plays ****ing golf . So ****ing what. If he were to die today, the world would continue spinning. He had a good thing going and decided to **** it up by cheating on his wife. He deserves the HATE after being placed on his artificial pedestal.

**** him.

doesn't matter what sport he plays...dude is one of the wealthiest sports figure around!

TDmvp
02-19-2010, 09:30 AM
Act like a entitled prick and you deserve what someone thinks of you.

One thing he was right about in his speech today .... He is damn sorry...

oubronco
02-19-2010, 09:32 AM
I'm almost as sick of hearing this crap as Favre annual bull****

TDmvp
02-19-2010, 09:33 AM
I'm almost as sick of hearing this crap as Favre annual bull****

It's Farve .... Until he either spells it like it sounds or learns how to pronounce his own name he is Brett Farve to me ...

Pony Boy
02-19-2010, 09:33 AM
So who do you hate worse Tiger Woods or Michael Vick.....

DBroncos4life
02-19-2010, 09:36 AM
Why does he need to be more respectful to the game? It's not like he was cheating on golf with folf or anything. He needs to be more respectful to himself and his family.

ColoradoBuff
02-19-2010, 09:36 AM
Mike Vick!

oubronco
02-19-2010, 09:37 AM
So does every athlete who cheats have to hold a press conference now?

Is this the new precedence

DBroncos4life
02-19-2010, 09:39 AM

My ex would get a 24 hour web show if that was the case...

oubronco
02-19-2010, 09:40 AM
My ex would get a 24 hour web show if that was the case...

Hilarious!

oubronco
02-19-2010, 09:42 AM
Tigers practicing Bootyism

broncofan2438
02-19-2010, 09:43 AM
Tiger is an idiot. Hes a fool on the course and off. No one believes you Tiger, moron!

Beantown Bronco
02-19-2010, 09:48 AM

Seriously......you'd think he just went on vacation with his wife's family and accidentally got sucked off by her mother or something.

oubronco
02-19-2010, 09:50 AM
Seriously......you'd think he just went on vacation with his wife's family and accidentally got sucked off by her mother or something.

They would probably make a movie "Tigers Triumph"

Garcia Bronco
02-19-2010, 09:51 AM
So who do you hate worse Tiger Woods or Michael Vick.....

Neither one is the boogy-man

Garcia Bronco
02-19-2010, 09:52 AM

I don't that is going to happen. For those that don't think he's one of the greatest ever...look at his win percentage. compared to the field. It's crazy.

Garcia Bronco
02-19-2010, 09:53 AM
Yeah because they are paying him millions of dollars. I think Nike along with everyone else pays him might care what the hell he is doing or thinking.

His sponsers know what he's doing. Get real.

Garcia Bronco
02-19-2010, 09:53 AM

He plays ****ing golf . So ****ing what. If he were to die today, the world would continue spinning.

You could say that about anyone.

Mr.Meanie
02-19-2010, 10:01 AM

**** him.

Cheating by athletes and entertainers is so commonplace it's almost winked at. And you could say that the world would keep spinning if any athlete, entertainer or performer fell off the face of the earth. They are there to entertain people.

But it doesn't change the fact that to the golf world Tiger has it all. Peyton's killer instinct and work ethic, with LeBron's athleticism and Jordan's business sense all rolled into one.

But haters gonna hate...

oubronco
02-19-2010, 10:03 AM
Whats the stupidest thing is ESPN is shutdown to nothing but Tigers BS

DBroncos4life
02-19-2010, 10:06 AM
Cheating by athletes and entertainers is so commonplace it's almost winked at. And you could say that the world would keep spinning if any athlete, entertainer or performer fell off the face of the earth. They are there to entertain people.

But it doesn't change the fact that to the golf world Tiger has it all. Peyton's killer instinct and work ethic, with LeBron's athleticism and Jordan's business sense all rolled into one.

But haters gonna hate...

You left off Ron Jeremy's sex drive.

ColoradoBuff
02-19-2010, 10:36 AM
You left off Ron Jeremy's sex drive.

:thumbsup:

gunns
02-19-2010, 10:39 AM
Gunns, THIS (http://deadspin.com/5453889/on-the-gentle-path-too-a-dispatch-from-the-front-lines-of-sex-addiction) is a pretty good read, and sheds a bit of light on the "addiction" of sex. While I still think it comes down to self-control, so does alcoholism and a ton of other "-isms" that people experience in our everyday lives.

Anyway, it was an interesting -- if disturbing -- read.

I read it. I guess my idea of addiction was starting something, alcohol, smoking, heroin, that after a while is done to prevent the now physical addiction that produces withdrawals. This seems like an addiction to chocolate or eating that, to me, is a matter of self discipline. But yes they all start with a choice.

TailgateNut
02-19-2010, 10:55 AM

But haters gonna hate...

Golf and athleticism:spit:

Does he run to beat the ball to the green?LOL

Meck77
02-19-2010, 11:05 AM
I take it you don't golf Nut?

TailgateNut
02-19-2010, 11:09 AM

regardless, this is tabloid BS. The guy is an idiot!

colonelbeef
02-19-2010, 11:13 AM

Exactly, I don't get the feigned outrage. Who gives a crap.

You can't tell me that Elin would have married him if he was a teacher in Orlando making 30k a year. She married him for the fame and money, and this is one of the downsides to being a trophy wife.

BroncoBuff
02-19-2010, 11:21 AM
Wasn't impressed, not buying it ...

DivineBronco
02-19-2010, 11:50 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100219

BroncoBuff
02-19-2010, 11:54 AM
He let the whole story spin out of control. Why didn't he just stay on tour, and refuse to discuss "personal matters."? Would've been very tough at first, but in the long run he would've been better off.

ColoradoBuff
02-19-2010, 12:08 PM

I'm thinking the same thing!

ColoradoBuff
02-19-2010, 12:09 PM
He let the whole story spin out of control. Why didn't he just stay on tour, and refuse to discuss "personal matters."? Would've been very tough at first, but in the long run he would've been better off.

Cuz he wants to save his marriage. Golf is not of importance right now.

BroncoBuff
02-19-2010, 12:15 PM
Cuz he wants to save his marriage. Golf is not of importance right now.

Okay, but my point is his absence made this circus 10 times worse.

Meck77
02-19-2010, 12:19 PM
I love these bash on other people threads. Before we continue I'd like to make a motion that you must first list all YOUR infidelities, addictions, arrest records, credit report issues, relationship problems, etc.

Thanks in advance. Now bash away on Tiger!

Pony Boy
02-19-2010, 12:34 PM
Golf needs Tiger Woods and Tiger needs golf, it's as simple as that. When he decides to return the TV ratings will skyrocket.

Is Tiger and athlete? Hell yes, a beautiful 175 yard shot into a tight green under pressure is no different than putting up a 3 pointer, catching a pass or hitting a curve ball. Tiger does it better than anyone does or probably ever has...

Pony Boy
02-19-2010, 12:41 PM
I love these bash on other people threads. Before we continue I'd like to make a motion that you must first list all YOUR infidelities, addictions, arrest records, credit report issues, relationship problems, etc.

No infidelities, no addictions, no arrest record, solid credit, no relationship problems (married 33 years) so I feel I can bash away at Tiger....

But my handicap is an 8.5 and I play golf 5 days a week (weather permitting) so I have no room to bash his golf game.

Mr.Meanie
02-19-2010, 12:47 PM
Golf needs Tiger Woods and Tiger needs golf, it's as simple as that. When he decides to return the TV ratings will skyrocket.

Is Tiger and athlete? Hell yes, a beautiful 175 yard shot into a tight green under pressure is no different than putting up a 3 pointer, catching a pass or hitting a curve ball. Tiger does it better than anyone does or probably ever has...

Tiger doesn't need golf. He's made hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars. He could spend the rest of his life doing whatever the hell he wants to, whether it's setting up harems on every continent on earth, or working with his foundation, or playing golf.

Golf, on the other hand, is an embarressing shadow of itself when Tiger's not playing. They should rename golf to Tigerball. To paraphrase the great American poet, golf needs Tiger "the way school needs teachers, the way Kathy Lee needed Regis".

Pony Boy
02-19-2010, 01:44 PM
Tiger doesn't need golf. He's made hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars. He could spend the rest of his life doing whatever the hell he wants to, whether it's setting up harems on every continent on earth, or working with his foundation, or playing golf.

Golf, on the other hand, is an embarressing shadow of itself when Tiger's not playing. They should rename golf to Tigerball. To paraphrase the great American poet, golf needs Tiger "the way school needs teachers, the way Kathy Lee needed Regis".

The way I see it Tiger needs golf, kind of the same way Shanahan returned to coaching.... Mike didn't need the money, he could of spent the rest of his days on the beach.

bowtown
02-19-2010, 01:51 PM
The way I see it Tiger needs golf, kind of the same way Shanahan returned to coaching.... Mike didn't need the money, he could of spent the rest of his days on the beach.

Tiger may need golf, but not nearly as much as golf needs him. I think his best out on this one would have just been to show up to the press conference with two girls on his arms and a shaker of margs. Fully embrace it. He's a playboy, go with it. Start driving a ferarri and inviting John Daly over to the mansion. The media will eat that up. Golf may hate it, but who cares? What's the point in having all that money if you can't live your life like you want to?

ColoradoBuff
02-19-2010, 01:56 PM
i love these bash on other people threads. Before we continue i'd like to make a motion that you must first list all your infidelities, addictions, arrest records, credit report issues, relationship problems, etc.

Thanks in advance. Now bash away on tiger!

+1

ColoradoBuff
02-19-2010, 01:59 PM
Tiger may need golf, but not nearly as much as golf needs him. I think his best out on this one would have just been to show up to the press conference with two girls on his arms and a shaker of margs. Fully embrace it. He's a playboy, go with it. Start driving a ferarri and inviting John Daly over to the mansion. The media will eat that up. Golf may hate it, but who cares? What's the point in having all that money if you can't live your life like you want to?

I agree golf needs Tiger...but other than that, that's the most stupdiest thing i have ever heard. What would that prove if he showed up to the conference the way you suggest? He ****ed up...we get that! but he has a marriage and family to save. Fully embracing he is a Playboy....that's just dumb!

bowtown
02-19-2010, 02:07 PM
I agree golf needs Tiger...but other than that, that's the most stupdiest thing i have ever heard. What would that prove if he showed up to the conference the way you suggest? He ****ed up...we get that! but he has a marriage and family to save. Fully embracing he is a Playboy....that's just dumb!

Why does he have to save it? He's Tiger Woods. He doesn't have to do anything. Yeah, he ****ed up... like 50 times. Why should he have to reassimilate into the life he had before that enabled him to do so? People that are that far gone don't suddenly change unless they have a totaly fresh start. That's never going to happen for someone as high profile as Tiger. So just don't change... live it up.

ColoradoBuff
02-19-2010, 02:21 PM
Why does he have to save it? He's Tiger Woods. He doesn't have to do anything. Yeah, he ****ed up... like 50 times. Why should he have to reassimilate into the life he had before that enabled him to do so? People that are that far gone don't suddenly change unless they have a totaly fresh start. That's never going to happen for someone as high profile as Tiger. So just don't change... live it up.

Really? he has 3 reasons to save his marriage....his wife and 2 children. Are you that ignorant? You would just walk away and don't look back? I take it you aren't married nor have children. get a life!

Pony Boy
02-19-2010, 02:22 PM

Exactly, he will have as big a following being a bad guy and shedding the good guy image. Just think of the list of potential sponsors...

ColoradoBuff
02-19-2010, 02:25 PM
Exactly, he will have as big a following being a bad guy and shedding the good guy image. Just think of the list of potential sponsors...

List? Really? do share!!

Mr.Meanie
02-19-2010, 02:47 PM
List? Really? do share!!

I'm thinking Captain Morgan may want to sponser a posing Tiger. "He's got a little Captain in him"

TDmvp
02-19-2010, 02:54 PM

Never been arrested , never cheated on a female , have perfect credit, and I smoke a little weed ...

And I think Tiger is a Pos and a moron ...:poke::poke::poke:
:D

Pony Boy
02-19-2010, 02:56 PM
List? Really? do share!!

He could be a Poster Boy

ColoradoBuff
02-19-2010, 02:56 PM
Never been arrested , never cheated on a female , have perfect credit, and I smoke a little weed ...

And I think Tiger is a Pos and a moron ...:poke::poke::poke:
:D

cheated on a male then? :thumbsup: lol! j/k!

ColoradoBuff
02-19-2010, 02:57 PM
He could be a Poster Boy

Wow...that's a LONG list! lol

Pony Boy
02-19-2010, 03:07 PM
Wow...that's a LONG list! lol

Energy drinks.... Male enhancements... Favorite getaway hotels.... flowers ... cell phones...... hot tubs..... we could keep going if needed..... just saying

TDmvp
02-19-2010, 03:08 PM
cheated on a male then? :thumbsup: Lol! J/k!

rofl!

crowebomber
02-19-2010, 03:09 PM

I totally disagree that we all should be held to the same accountability as the likes of Tiger. If you sell yourself as one thing and make money off of that image then you will pay the price when you screw up and it bites you back. Companies pay people to endorse products based on the premise that their consumers admire, look up to, aspire to be, that person in some way. When he decided to not just make money winning golf tournaments but become an opinion leader when it comes to how consumers decide to spend their money, then he put himself on the pedestal. And when you put yourself on that pedestal you better be ready to be up there.

We buy products that people endorse because we buy into their values and morals, not just the product they sell. And when they screw up expect the public to point the camera and point the finger at that person for putting us on and trying to sell us an image that was a nothing but a crock.

I also find responses like yours interesting because the public's reaction shouldn't be a surprise - the public reacts like this every single time an opinion leader takes a fall. And then people act surprised and appalled that Tiger is getting is getting all this scrutiny??? Give me a break.

DBroncos4life
02-19-2010, 03:16 PM
Energy drinks.... Male enhancements... Favorite getaway hotels.... flowers ... cell phones...... hot tubs..... we could keep going if needed..... just saying

He will never be able to top Extenze's new spoke person. Anytime you can get a guy named Jimmy Johnson to do a male enhancement commercials you have struck gold.

Mr.Meanie
02-19-2010, 03:47 PM
I totally disagree that we all should be held to the same accountability as the likes of Tiger. If you sell yourself as one thing and make money off of that image then you will pay the price when you screw up and it bites you back. Companies pay people to endorse products based on the premise that their consumers admire, look up to, aspire to be, that person in some way. When he decided to not just make money winning golf tournaments but become an opinion leader when it comes to how consumers decide to spend their money, then he put himself on the pedestal. And when you put yourself on that pedestal you better be ready to be up there.

We buy products that people endorse because we buy into their values and morals, not just the product they sell. And when they screw up expect the public to point the camera and point the finger at that person for putting us on and trying to sell us an image that was a nothing but a crock.

I also find responses like yours interesting because the public's reaction shouldn't be a surprise - the public reacts like this every single time an opinion leader takes a fall. And then people act surprised and appalled that Tiger is getting is getting all this scrutiny??? Give me a break.

What "image is a croc"? He wasn't pitching family values seminars or books on morality. He wasn't out telling people they need to be better husbands and fathers. He was flogging razors and sports drinks and golf clubs. Give me a break.

And an opinion leader? Celebrity endorsements have been around since advertising was invented. Celebrities are now opinion leaders I guess. lol

TonyR
02-19-2010, 04:46 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100219

Yep, saw that. Simmons nailed it.

Kid A
02-19-2010, 05:08 PM

Ambien!

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/andrewmcfbrown/100018993/tiger-woods-took-ambien-to-spice-up-sex-but-did-he-raid-the-fridge-afterwards/

rastaman
02-19-2010, 06:31 PM

Not when you've already earned an estimated 1.0 Billion dollars.

rastaman
02-19-2010, 06:57 PM
Yep, saw that. Simmons nailed it.

Simmons is just jealous that the skanks that Tiger was stabbing wouldn't want to sleep with him!

I mean come on, Simmons needs to get a life b/c he and his ilk are just pissed off that Tiger Biatched slapp the news media and told them to go F themselves.

Golf is a sport that has plenty of screwing around and multitude of sexual indiscretions. Yet the so called conservative golf puriest are treating the entire event as if Tiger slept with their daughters or wives.

rastaman
02-19-2010, 07:00 PM
Ambien!

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/andrewmcfbrown/100018993/tiger-woods-took-ambien-to-spice-up-sex-but-did-he-raid-the-fridge-afterwards/

Viagra! :rofl:

Paladin
02-19-2010, 07:08 PM
Frankly, I don't care if he banged every broad ifrom Nantucket to Boston. If the conjugal experiences were consensual, and they were all over 18, I couldn't care less.

Tiger was and is and will continue to be, a h3ll of a golfer, and that is how he earns his money. Everythging else is just righteous indignation by the media. Maybe jealousy?

The rest is between him and his wife.....

Meck77
02-19-2010, 07:24 PM
I totally disagree that we all should be held to the same accountability as the likes of Tiger.

I bet every wife of every member of this forum would disagree with you.