PDA

View Full Version : I hope Marshall is aware that he is not everyone's 1st option at WR?

Denver724
02-14-2010, 01:49 PM
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/columnists/barry-jackson/story/1479168.html

An official who spoke to the Dolphins said they love San Diego restricted free agent receiver Vincent Jackson. But acquiring him is unlikely because the Chargers can match any offer or get draft-pick compensation (likely first- and third-rounders). Plus, Jackson tells us he's intent on staying with San Diego. A more realistic option is unrestricted free agent Antonio Bryant; a report in Tampa said the Buccaneers are unlikely to re-sign him.

TheReverend
02-14-2010, 01:58 PM
Vincent Jackson doesn't measure up to Brandon's used toilet paper.

broncosteven
02-14-2010, 01:59 PM
Vincent Jackson isn't going to make a lot of QB's better, it took him a good 3 years to get to where he is now and he is not dominant like Marshall is.

Bronco Boy
02-14-2010, 02:16 PM
Well he's less likely to get in trouble, but that's about it.

broncswin
02-14-2010, 02:23 PM
This isn't about comparing who is better than the other...it is about which guy they either trust...or feel like they can afford...or both...Marshall is 10x the player Jackson or Bryant (lol) is

Paladin
02-14-2010, 02:26 PM
The stupid behavior he showed throughout TC and the crap at the end of the year, along with his previous troubles all lead most GMs to question whether they want to bother with Marshall. Some around here have him on a pedestal. But he is a load of crap waitning to happen. I think Marshall will not have as many opportunities outside of the Broncos as he and his agent hope. He likely will get a one year tender, and I think he should take it. If and when a new CBA is negotiated, something else can be worked out.

RhymesayersDU
02-14-2010, 02:30 PM
el-oh-el @ the people downplaying VJ.

He's a great WR people, no matter how much you want to deny it. And you can't teach his height.

BMarsh615
02-14-2010, 02:32 PM
Well he's less likely to get in trouble, but that's about it.

Vincent Jackson has like two or three DUI's and might be suspended to start the season.

broncswin
02-14-2010, 02:34 PM

He's a great WR people, no matter how much you want to deny it. And you can't teach his height.

Just because I say marshall is a way better wr, doesn't mean I am down playing him...I do think VJ is very good

broncswin
02-14-2010, 02:44 PM
Vincent Jackson has like two or three DUI's and might be suspended to start the season.

forgot about that bmarsh...good point^5

SoCalBronco
02-14-2010, 02:48 PM
Marshall is five times the reciever VJ is....and VJ is a pretty damn good reciever. Regarding trust....neither can be trusted. VJ was just arrested the same day as the Chargers playoff game. He's not exactly an angel.

elsid13
02-14-2010, 03:03 PM
Jackson is a nice complementary receiver, is not a number one. When Defense Coordinators scheme to stop the Chargers, it Gates first, LT second and Jackson third.

broncos-rock
02-14-2010, 03:19 PM
Jackson is a nice complementary receiver, is not a number one. When Defense Coordinators scheme to stop the Chargers, it Gates first, WAS LT second and Jackson third.

fixed it for ya

theAPAOps5
02-14-2010, 03:24 PM
Someone said on the radio that Marshall has had a bit of a reality check in that he has overvalued himself and won't get what he thinks he should get or even deserves to get given his talent. So all of a sudden there is the Denver love fest he has displayed recently. Denver may be his best choice in the short term.

With the ominous work stoppage looming he most likely won't get a lucrative multi-year deal like he wants. He will probably get a one year extension with a nice pay increase. Once the fog clears around the labor strife then he may get his pay day. But he has to keep his nose clean on and off the field.

Who the heck really knows what will happen with all the crazy that is coming. But with what Bowlen has said recently about supporting McD and wanting the team first mentality Brandon better recognize that his biggest ally wants a team unit and not a superstar unit.

Florida_Bronco
02-14-2010, 03:43 PM

"Great"? I wouldn't go that far. He is very good though.

SportinOne
02-14-2010, 03:50 PM
"Great"? I wouldn't go that far. He is very good though.

How many receivers catch 100 passes in their 2nd season?
How about doing in their 3rd, and 4th as well?

How many receivers can change the game AFTER they catch the ball like Marshall can?

Don't kid yourself. The man is a great receiver and will only get better.

Oh, wait... You were talking about Vincent Jackson.

No, he's definitely not great.

gyldenlove
02-14-2010, 03:57 PM
Jackson is a very good reciever, definitely top 30 maybe even top 20, but definitely not top 10.

Bronco CB40
02-14-2010, 04:49 PM
Jackson is a very good reciever, definitely top 30 maybe even top 20, but definitely not top 10.

Jackson is arguably a top ten WR.

He averaged 18.6 yds/rec in 2008 and and 17.2 last season. Big play receiver who consistently eats up big chunks of yardage when he catches the ball. Averaged 1130 yards and 8 TDs a season over that span.

elsid13
02-14-2010, 05:13 PM
Jackson is arguably a top ten WR.

He averaged 18.6 yds/rec in 2008 and and 17.2 last season. Big play receiver who consistently eats up big chunks of yardage when he catches the ball. Averaged 1130 yards and 8 TDs a season over that span.

With that logic Alvin Harper should be one of the greatest WR ever. In Dallas he averaged 20.0 yards a catch. But we all know what happened when he went to Tampa Bay and was the #1. Jackson isn't even close to top ten WR in the NFL.

bombquixote
02-14-2010, 05:34 PM
VJ had more yards on fewer receptions last year than Marshall. And only one less touchdown. I'd take him.

Paladin
02-14-2010, 05:51 PM
Someone said on the radio that Marshall has had a bit of a reality check in that he has overvalued himself and won't get what he thinks he should get or even deserves to get given his talent. So all of a sudden there is the Denver love fest he has displayed recently. Denver may be his best choice in the short term.

With the ominous work stoppage looming he most likely won't get a lucrative multi-year deal like he wants. He will probably get a one year extension with a nice pay increase. Once the fog clears around the labor strife then he may get his pay day. But he has to keep his nose clean on and off the field.

Who the heck really knows what will happen with all the crazy that is coming. But with what Bowlen has said recently about supporting McD and wanting the team first mentality Brandon better recognize that his biggest ally wants a team unit and not a superstar unit.

"Great minds think alike". I said nearly the same above.....

ColoradoDarin
02-14-2010, 06:13 PM
Why would any team pony up $25 million this offseason to Marshall in a signing bonus, have him play one year and then have a whole year off (assuming the lockout) and a butt-load of cash?

Anyone think Marshall can stay out of trouble for a year with that much money burning a hole in his pocket? Heck does anyone thing Marshall can stay out of trouble for a whole year with no football played?

Bronco CB40
02-14-2010, 07:07 PM
With that logic Alvin Harper should be one of the greatest WR ever. In Dallas he averaged 20.0 yards a catch. But we all know what happened when he went to Tampa Bay and was the #1. Jackson isn't even close to top ten WR in the NFL.

You're comparing Alvin Harper to Vincent Jackson?!!! Harper had zero 1,000 yard receiving seasons. Not even a 850+ yard campaign. He only had two seasons with 700+ yards or more. He's one of the most overrated players in NFL history.

Jackson is not even close? Based on what logic? He was 9th in the league in receiving yards this past season.

Football Outsiders ranks him as the #2 receiver in football during the 2009 season.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr

rastaman
02-14-2010, 07:38 PM
The stupid behavior he showed throughout TC and the crap at the end of the year, along with his previous troubles all lead most GMs to question whether they want to bother with Marshall. Some around here have him on a pedestal. But he is a load of crap waitning to happen. I think Marshall will not have as many opportunities outside of the Broncos as he and his agent hope. He likely will get a one year tender, and I think he should take it. If and when a new CBA is negotiated, something else can be worked out.

You sound like a broken record! The Broncos have yet to pay Marshall like a 100 plus pass catching WR!

How about in 2010 season if Marshall plays up to level the Broncos actually pay him! How would that sit with you "Paladin"? Surely you wouldn't cry and complain if Marshall withheld his talent and his production the way the Broncos are holding back paying him.....would ya?

Piss Ant fans like you are a bunch of punks! You expect Marshall to go out there season after season while getting under paid! SCREW YOU. To add insult to injury, slugs like you think its cool to repeat the corporate blackmail propaganda concerning Bmarsh's past off the field problems like some gulag-gestapo prison warden.

What! Are you pissed off b/c Marshall put his health ahead of the team and told McD to go F*@k himself b/c he doesn't feel he's healthy enough to PLAY the last game of the SEASON!

Figures you and your dumb ass arrogantly believes Bmarsh should risk further injury so you clowns can hang that over his head as well, when it comes to contract negotiating time!

You are a real piece of work! You loathe and hate Bmarsh and only value him as a Bronco so long as he can entertain you every Sunday, other than that Brandon is just a piece of meat. Marshall needs to personally shoot you the middle finger and say how much he "Loathes" fans like you and your ilk.

Fans like you don't risk not a dam thing, all you do is cheer like a bunch of cheerleaders and criticize players who put it on the line every Sunday b/c said players don't measure up to preconceived moral behavior. So What! Who are you to dictate player behavior, you don't pay the players nor sign their contracts. You are just an insignificant fan---thats all you are.

Do me favor and stop whining like Bowlen is the only one taking any risk with signing Bmarsh to a top 5 WR salary. Marshall is also taken risk as well playing every Sunday with 4th round pick salary, while putting up 100 plus receptions, and continues to risk a career ending injury before he even gets the opportunity to sign a financially secured contract! Brandon needs to put himself FIRST ahead of the TEAM plain and simple.....until he gets the opporturnity to get a way from McD and start his career over!

rastaman
02-14-2010, 07:43 PM

The reality check for Brandon is whether he realizes just how caustic the situation is playing under McDaniel's truly is. Marshall needs to realize its much more important to take a pay cut just so long as he gets out of Denver with his health and talent fully intact. McD is sinister enough to try and ruin Marshall's career while blamming everything on Brandon Marshall.

Bandon need to stop dancing with the devil (McD) and just play out his contract in Denver and get out of town even it takes 2 years!

KipCorrington25
02-14-2010, 07:49 PM
Marshall has more value because he was smart enough to showcase his punting ability in practice this year and now he can do both jobs and save a roster spot!

rastaman
02-14-2010, 08:11 PM
Marshall has more value because he was smart enough to showcase his punting ability in practice this year and now he can do both jobs and save a roster spot!

He was also smart enough to show the entire league his ability to break the single-game reception record. Not Bad......teams have taken notice.

Records and milestones

Most catches in an NFL game (21).

Third-most catches in an NFL game (18).

Most receptions spanning five games in NFL history (55)

Only player in NFL history to have at least 10 receptions in four out of five games.

First player since 1960 to record eight career games of at least 10 receptions in his first four seasons.

One of only five players in NFL history (first Broncos player) to catch at least 100 passes in three straight seasons.

Ninth player in NFL history (second Broncos player) to have at least 100 catches in back-to-back seasons (2007 and 2008).

Caught 102 passes in 2007 (second-career NFL season), becoming only the third second-year player in NFL history to have at least 100 receptions in a season.

Oh well so much for punting the football! And oh yeah, don't forget Marshall told the media....McD has no "Street Cred" b/c he has never played in the NFL, and therefore shouldn't come of as a prima donna and like he knows it all!

strafen
02-14-2010, 08:11 PM

What crap at the end of the year?

400HZ
02-14-2010, 08:26 PM
Marshall and Jackson have completely different styles of game. They aren't even comparable. Apples and oranges.

rastaman
02-14-2010, 08:42 PM
What crap at the end of the year?

He's refering to Marshall refusing to play in the last game due to his hamstring injury.

Popps
02-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Past two seasons...

Marshall - 2385 - 16 TDs

Jackson - 2265 - 16 TDs

Marshall is "ten times better?"

Don't think so.

When he's not suspended or on the bench, Marshall is indeed probably a better receiver, but not in a different class.

I think the OP was simply trying to reference what should be an obvious fact, in that there are other receivers out there who can get the job done. Some can even stay out of the back of police cars or dog houses. (Jackson isn't one of those, of course.)

Look, I hope we rape some team like we did in the Cutler deal... but I just have my doubts that it'll happen in this climate. But, we got more for Quitler than I thought we would, so anything can happen.

strafen
02-14-2010, 08:56 PM
He's refering to Marshall refusing to play in the last game due to his hamstring injury.I agree with what took place during TC, but just because McDaniels questioned Marshall's toughness in public doesn't make his injury less severe...

strafen
02-14-2010, 09:10 PM
Past two seasons...

Marshall - 2385 - 16 TDs

Jackson - 2265 - 16 TDs

Don't think so.

I don't think when he said ten times better that he meant literally.
I'm sure when you lookd up at V. Jackson's number that you noticed he only had 127 catches to the 205 catches of Marshall for the same period of time.
What did you leave that out? LOL
Also, don't forget Marshall put those numbers in 30 games

Popps
02-14-2010, 09:16 PM
I don't think when he said ten times better that he meant literally.
I'm sure when you lookd up at V. Jackson's number that you noticed he only had 127 catches to the 205 catches of Marshall for the same period of time.
What did you leave that out? LOL
Also, don't forget Marshall put those numbers in 30 games

I don't feel like playing statistical patty-cake with you.

Point is, there are other receivers out there that may offer a better risk-reward ratio to Brandon Marshall, in some team's opinion.

You don't have to like it, but it's a fairly obvious situation.

strafen
02-14-2010, 09:25 PM

Point is, there are other receivers out there that may offer a better risk-reward ratio to Brandon Marshall, in some team's opinion.

You don't have to like it, but it's a fairly obvious situation.If you're going to bring stats to prove your point, do it right!

strafen
02-14-2010, 09:30 PM

You don't have to like it, but it's a fairly obvious situation.So, who is there that realistically can come in and fill Marshall's shoes?
No one that I can think of...

rastaman
02-14-2010, 09:33 PM
Past two seasons...

Marshall - 2385 - 16 TDs

Jackson - 2265 - 16 TDs

Don't think so.

When he's not suspended or on the bench, Marshall is indeed probably a better receiver, but not in a different class.

I think the OP was simply trying to reference what should be an obvious fact, in that there are other receivers out there who can get the job done. Some can even stay out of the back of police cars or dog houses. (Jackson isn't one of those, of course.)

Look, I hope we rape some team like we did in the Cutler deal... but I just have my doubts that it'll happen in this climate. But, we got more for Quitler than I thought we would, so anything can happen.

Marshall's on the field performance over the last 3 years and the milestones he has achieved speak for themselves.
Records and milestones

Most catches in an NFL game (21).

Third-most catches in an NFL game (18).

Most receptions spanning five games in NFL history (55)

Only player in NFL history to have at least 10 receptions in four out of five games.

First player since 1960 to record eight career games of at least 10 receptions in his first four seasons.

One of only five players in NFL history (first Broncos player) to catch at least 100 passes in three straight seasons.

Ninth player in NFL history (second Broncos player) to have at least 100 catches in back-to-back seasons (2007 and 2008).

Caught 102 passes in 2007 (second-career NFL season), becoming only the third second-year player in NFL history to have at least 100 receptions in a season.

Keep splitting hairs Popps! :wiggle:

Popps
02-15-2010, 12:24 AM
So, who is there that realistically can come in and fill Marshall's shoes?
No one that I can think of...

Well, that's a good question. Stars emerge in the league every year. Before Brandon, it was Rod Smith... after Brandon, it'll be someone else. Or, maybe a few players.

The point is, no one is saying Brandon isn't talented.

The OP made a simple and correct point in that teams around the league have options, and doling out a massive salary to a problem-case with a pending labor problem might not be a slam-dunk.

It's really simple.

Rabb
02-15-2010, 05:57 AM
Marshall and Jackson have completely different styles of game. They aren't even comparable. Apples and oranges.

this

they are both great options depending on the offense

Garcia Bronco
02-15-2010, 06:09 AM
Vincent Jackson is a better receiver than Marshall. Good grief.

DrFate
02-15-2010, 07:04 AM
Vincent Jackson is a better receiver than Marshall. Good grief.

You really feel this way, Garcia? The numbers don't support it from a catches/yards perspective... Plus Jackson has stability at QB that Marshall hasn't had

http://www.nfl.com/players/vincentjackson/profile?id=JAC627460

http://www.nfl.com/players/brandonmarshall/profile?id=MAR370922

mr007
02-15-2010, 07:15 AM
Well, that's a good question. Stars emerge in the league every year. Before Brandon, it was Rod Smith... after Brandon, it'll be someone else. Or, maybe a few players.

The point is, no one is saying Brandon isn't talented.

The OP made a simple and correct point in that teams around the league have options, and doling out a massive salary to a problem-case with a pending labor problem might not be a slam-dunk.

It's really simple.

The simple and correct point that he's not a #1 on every team?????

Yeah that's right, there's about 3 teams that he wouldn't be the first option on.

400HZ
02-15-2010, 07:50 AM
You really feel this way, Garcia? The numbers don't support it from a catches/yards perspective... Plus Jackson has stability at QB that Marshall hasn't had

11 yard avg vs a 17 yard avg. You can't compare the two because their games are completely dissimilar. Jackson is going to outperform Marshall 9 times out of 10 on a deep in pattern while Marshall would dominate him on a comeback. Jackson is a big play, chunks of yardage type guy while Marshall is a big possession receiver. Is an apple better than an orange?

strafen
02-15-2010, 08:33 AM
Marshall has more value because he was smart enough to showcase his punting ability in practice this year and now he can do both jobs and save a roster spot!Brilliant. What a contribution to this thread. Awesome!

Rabb
02-15-2010, 09:24 AM

I think (I am guessing) he was implying "You are saying VJ is better? Good Grief."

Br0nc0Buster
02-15-2010, 09:30 AM
Jackson seems to be a better deep threat, Marshall is like a runningback when he has the ball though

I think Marshall is slightly better though

Rabb
02-15-2010, 09:35 AM
Jackson seems to be a better deep threat, Marshall is like a runningback when he has the ball though

I think Marshall is slightly better though

I agree with you...

but

to 400hz's point, depending on the offense, one is not necessarily "better" than the other

For instance, do you think VJ would do better here than BM? Of course not, because we don't (at least not yet) have a vertical game to use his talents effectively, so to us...BM's possession and YAC style is PERFECT here.

Now, switch that up and have a team like the Colts let's say, where they do stretch the field a lot. A guy like VJ may be their #1 over BM...but only because of the way they use their WRs. That's not to say BM wouldn't dominate in any system, but he is a clear #1 here because it fits his style.

all of that said, I would say BM is the more physically gifted and naturally talented athlete...the stuff he does with the ball once he gets it is just amazing

Br0nc0Buster
02-15-2010, 09:39 AM
I agree with you...

but

to 400hz's point, depending on the offense, one is not necessarily "better" than the other

For instance, do you think VJ would do better here than BM? Of course not, because we don't (at least not yet) have a vertical game to use his talents effectively, so to us...BM's possession and YAC style is PERFECT here.

Now, switch that up and have a team like the Colts let's say, where they do stretch the field a lot. A guy like VJ may be their #1 over BM...but only because of the way they use their WRs. That's not to say BM wouldn't dominate in any system, but he is a clear #1 here because it fits his style.

all of that said, I would say BM is the more physically gifted and naturally talented athlete...the stuff he does with the ball once he gets it is just amazing

Jackson would be a better job in a deep passing attack than Marshall, but that just points out how their strengths differ

Marshall's strength of being a powerful hard to tackle possession receiver IMO beats Jackson's strength

Rabb
02-15-2010, 09:41 AM
Jackson would be a better job in a deep passing attack than Marshall, but that just points out how their strengths differ

Marshall's strength of being a powerful hard to tackle possession receiver IMO beats Jackson's strength

yep

I think we are saying the same thing here to be honest

oubronco
02-15-2010, 09:45 AM
Marshall is hands down better at what we do and Jackson is a Bolt so **** him go with Marshall

GET-R-DONE

DrFate
02-15-2010, 10:10 AM
11 yard avg vs a 17 yard avg. You can't compare the two because their games are completely dissimilar.

Ashley Lelie put up nice yards/reception numbers, too. You could still compare him to other players at the position. I realize they are different players, but that doesn't mean you can't compare them side by side. Also, I still wonder how much Jackson benefits from the stability/diversity he his on offense.

Would someone trade Marshall for Jackson, straight up?

Rabb
02-15-2010, 10:13 AM
Ashley Lelie put up nice yards/reception numbers, too. You could still compare him to other players at the position. I realize they are different players, but that doesn't mean you can't compare them side by side. Also, I still wonder how much Jackson benefits from the stability/diversity he his on offense.

in our current offense, no way

400HZ
02-15-2010, 10:29 AM

You can't compare them side by side. Like someone said earlier, Vincent Jackson would be a waste in your offense while substituting Marshall for Jackson in the Chargers' offense would take a ton of juice out of it.

Getting back to the original post, I think Marshall would fit the Ravens offense as it is currently constituted much better than Jackson. That's not to say that Cam Cameron wouldn't redesign it to add more vertical passing with Jackson. They've been making due with Mason as a #1 when he is a pure possession receiver so naturally their offense has been predicated on short passing the past few years. Jackson vs Marshall is just a hypothetical argument, though. Jackson is a RFA and isn't going anywhere.

TotallyScrewed
02-15-2010, 11:54 AM

Absolutely everyone will get a one year deal with the CBA on the line.

TotallyScrewed
02-15-2010, 12:09 PM
Past two seasons...

Marshall - 2385 - 16 TDs

Jackson - 2265 - 16 TDs

Don't think so.

It is ALWAYS the same load of sh1t with you! ALWAYS!!

Spout off two statistics and claim you know it all...Bullsh1t!!

Who was throwing the ball? Big difference. Who has consistently been the game changing player? Big difference.

But whatever...spout off more crapola, it's what you do.

Popps
02-15-2010, 12:17 PM

Who was throwing the ball? Big difference. Who has consistently been the game changing player? Big difference.

Wow, that's a lot of hostility.

I'd take a week off.

By the way, those stats are available at the NFL website if you want to double-check them.

Dagmar
02-15-2010, 12:21 PM

Woah, who put the sand in your vagina?

Tombstone RJ
02-15-2010, 12:24 PM

I dunno, who was throwing the ball?

Houshyamama
02-15-2010, 12:28 PM
I dunno, who was throwing the ball?

http://18to88.com/Bush-football.jpg

Paladin
02-15-2010, 12:31 PM
http://18to88.com/Bush-football.jpg

.....just before he dropped it.....

theAPAOps5
02-15-2010, 12:33 PM

LOUD NOISES

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/brick.jpg

colonelbeef
02-15-2010, 01:57 PM

haha

UberBroncoMan
02-15-2010, 02:41 PM
Vincent Jackson is a tall version of Ashley Lelie. The majority of what Vincent does is stretch the field with the rest of the giants over in San Diego and catch long balls. That and catch jump balls.

Not even close to Brandon Marshall's breakaway potential or YAC with defenders nearby.

TonyR
02-15-2010, 02:48 PM
Vincent Jackson is a tall version of Ashley Lelie.

No, come on. Jackson is considerably better than Lelie ever was.

Merlin
02-15-2010, 02:57 PM
Vincent Jackson is a tall version of Ashley Lelie. The majority of what Vincent does is stretch the field with the rest of the giants over in San Diego and catch long balls. That and catch jump balls.

Not even close to Brandon Marshall's breakaway potential or YAC with defenders nearby.
This is basically it. VJ would not be the first option in any team. BM would be the first option in at least 25 teams in the NFL despite their style of play. Your team could have no running game, and your QB may have little protection or be poor at buying time, yet BM would still put up the same numbers. The same cannot be said for VJ. VJ is a nice complementary receiver to a principal receiver such as Gates or BM. However, BM does not need anything like Gates to do his thing. To suggest the two are comparable as Popps deceit does (yes Popps, as always you pick and choose your stats, which is clear evidence you are trying to deceive) is laughable. And it is not apples and oranges. One is a fruit that requires little support to give you nutrients, the other is a fruit that NEEDS to be supported by other nutrients to provide you benefit.

VJ is a better version of AL, that is all. A #1 receiving option that an offense must depend on? Can't think of a team off hand where it is applicable; however, there are a boatload of teams where BM can easily be their #1 receiving option and flourish. What he did with Orton, an avg QB (with a less than avg offense), was very impressive. VJ's history has NOTHING to suggest he can accomplish so much with so little.

rastaman
02-15-2010, 03:22 PM
Woah, who put the sand in your vagina?

And who poured sand down the core of your rectum! Hilarious!

rastaman
02-15-2010, 03:25 PM
Wow, that's a lot of hostility.

I'd take a week off.

By the way, those stats are available at the NFL website if you want to double-check them.

Come on Popps you know have polarizing you are.....you evil sinister devil you! ;D

rastaman
02-15-2010, 03:30 PM
I agree with what took place during TC, but just because McDaniels questioned Marshall's toughness in public doesn't make his injury less severe...

True. McD questioned Marshall's toughness publicly and Marshall told McD publicly to get bent b/c McD never played in the NFL and dealt with injuries, so Bmarsh basically told McD to put on uniform and perform at a high level every Sunday before you question Brandon! Marshall shut McD up in a hurry.

rastaman
02-15-2010, 03:31 PM
LOUD NOISES

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/brick.jpg

Hmmmmmmmm......the second coming of Josh McDaniel's.

400HZ
02-15-2010, 04:16 PM
This is basically it. VJ would not be the first option in any team. BM would be the first option in at least 25 teams in the NFL despite their style of play. Your team could have no running game, and your QB may have little protection or be poor at buying time, yet BM would still put up the same numbers. The same cannot be said for VJ. VJ is a nice complementary receiver to a principal receiver such as Gates or BM. However, BM does not need anything like Gates to do his thing. To suggest the two are comparable as Popps deceit does (yes Popps, as always you pick and choose your stats, which is clear evidence you are trying to deceive) is laughable. And it is not apples and oranges. One is a fruit that requires little support to give you nutrients, the other is a fruit that NEEDS to be supported by other nutrients to provide you benefit.

VJ is a better version of AL, that is all. A #1 receiving option that an offense must depend on? Can't think of a team off hand where it is applicable; however, there are a boatload of teams where BM can easily be their #1 receiving option and flourish. What he did with Orton, an avg QB (with a less than avg offense), was very impressive. VJ's history has NOTHING to suggest he can accomplish so much with so little.

Other than their almost identical statistical production over the past two years? Or him leading the Chargers in receiving yards two seasons in a row?

Marshall is probably on his way to another team. You don't need to homer him out in your comparisons anymore.

TonyR
02-15-2010, 04:23 PM
T VJ would not be the first option in any team.

I understand your point but I think you under value Jackson a little bit. It would be hard to not put him in the top 20 WR's in the league (and probably better than that), and that being the case since there's 32 teams in the league it stands to reason the he'd be the #1 on several teams. 9th in the league in rec yards with 1,167, and 9 TDs, in 15 games.

watermock
02-15-2010, 04:46 PM
That's hillarious.

BM put up 1000 yards and 100 catchers twice and 1 with Kyle Orton. 21 in 1 game depite only playing 14 games.

DBroncos4life
02-15-2010, 04:51 PM
Other than their almost identical statistical production over the past two years? Or him leading the Chargers in receiving yards two seasons in a row?

Marshall is probably on his way to another team. You don't need to homer him out in your comparisons anymore.

I'm so sure you would be here in this thread if Jackson was a Colt or a Raider. :rofl:

Cito Pelon
02-15-2010, 05:00 PM
I like Marshall a lot, but he doesn't listen to anybody. When he wakes up in the morning seems like he has one thought in his head and one thought only that overrides everything else - "What's good for me today?"

400HZ
02-15-2010, 07:21 PM
I'm so sure you would be here in this thread if Jackson was a Colt or a Raider. :rofl:

I comment in nfl threads all the time that don't involve the Chargers. And either way, I don't overvalue players who happen to play for San Diego. I'm realistic about which players are good and which ones suck, and there are plenty who suck.