PDA

View Full Version : Seattle at home next year??

Archie
02-14-2010, 02:15 PM
So - just looked at my season ticket package and it says we play the Seahawks at home. I was 100% positive we played in Seattle in 2010 following the normal NFC rotation.

So - the question is did they really mess up the season ticket invoice or did I miss a memo?

BMarsh615
02-14-2010, 02:24 PM
With Sunday’s end of the regular season the Broncos 2010 schedule is set.
To go with their usual slate of games in the division they will play home games against Houston, Indianapolis, St. Louis, Seattle and the Jets. On the road the scheduling formula has them at Jacksonville, at Tennessee, at Arizona, at San Francisco and at Baltimore.
That’s five playoff teams, including the Chargers from their own division, and the NFL’s rushing leader in the Titans’ Chris Johnson. And with Gary Kubiak having been given the nod to return next season as the Texans’ head coach there should be some interest in that game given Gary’s long history with the Broncos.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/01/04/broncos-2010-schedule/

Archie
02-14-2010, 03:04 PM
I would have written off the article as wrong. Less sure about the invoice being wrong.

The Broncos hosted Seattle in 2006 and, assuming they kept the same pattern in place, would play in Seattle in 2010.

bpc
02-14-2010, 03:28 PM
I got screwed too. Thought I was going to have road games in Seattle (where my parents live) and San Francisco. It was Seattle's turn to host the Denver game but somebody else quoted the nfl saying they won't make teams heading west (generally east coast teams) have to travel to both Seattle and SF in the same year.

So instead of getting two great games in my own backyard, they ship the SF game to London, and they quote these private rules for East Coast teams as why Denver won't be playing at Seattle.

I have to wait another 9 years for this crap.

Doggcow
02-14-2010, 03:47 PM
Such a bull**** rule. It's way harder to travel east than west, everyone knows that, soon the only teams worth playing on will be east coast teams as their homefields will have such huge advantages and they won't have to worry about going west, ever.

RMT
02-14-2010, 05:05 PM
basically, Seattle and Arizona flip-flopped. we were supposed to get Arizona at home.

thx for nothing NFL.

on a side note - what's up with the most expensive tix (club level white collar wine and cheese crowd) getting reduced (upwards of 21%) while the rest of us blue collar folks don't get any discount at all?

here's the NFL's 2010 opponents list with Seattle, and not Arizona, playing here. Crap.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8157a75c&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Taco John
02-14-2010, 05:10 PM
That sucks. I was hoping to travel up to Seattle for that game.

theAPAOps5
02-14-2010, 05:15 PM
Wait its easier to travel to the West where you gain hours. So why are they getting a hardship rule? Traveling to the East is much worse, so lame.

Doggcow
02-14-2010, 05:26 PM
Wait its easier to travel to the West where you gain hours. So why are they getting a hardship rule? Traveling to the East is much worse, so lame.

Because the east coast bias won't admit they have a HUGE ADVANTAGE when they play at an ungodly hour for western teams.

Archer81
02-14-2010, 05:30 PM
Because the east coast bias won't admit they have a HUGE ADVANTAGE when they play at an ungodly hour for western teams.

1 in the afternoon?

:Broncos:

Archie
02-14-2010, 06:30 PM
That sucks. I was hoping to travel up to Seattle for that game.

One of my best friends lives in Seattle and I had them here for the game four years ago. We've been planning since then to do the whole RV road trip, tailgate, etc... Seriously bummed. Plus, thought about going for the pre-season game this year but one of my good friend's daughter's was married that day here. So - stymied over and over again.

I totally agree w/ the sentiment that travelling to the East Coast is much more difficult. Anyway, this whole thing sucks...